Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1041030 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by donsunnyjjayy(m): 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
thesoj:

Just saying you'll return to Nigeria after the course is absolutely not sufficient. Anybody can say that, you need to be absolutely and unambiguously convincing. The burden of proof is on you to state what you would do in Nigeria in the aftermath of your program. Do you have goals or ambition on what you could do in Nigeria with your Canada training? What are the economic opportunities that you would gain with this Canada training? You need to apply for the visa with the assumption & mindset that you won't be getting PGWP or PR (which is actually a real possibility fyi). It's ok for plans in the future to change, everybody (including the VO, they are not stupid_) knows that. I previously explained this here.

You also need to closely link your past educational trajectory and work experience with both your Canada training and your future ambitions. You need to be as specific as possible.

PS: I received your PM and read the SOP. Make the changes I recommended above and send another version. Take your time and don't be in a hurry.

Thanks boss, i made changes as specified and already sent u another version.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Are u in lagos? If u are then will link u up wit som1 @ first bank marina that what e deals with most..
notasowie:
I'm about using first bank to process my form A... Any experience of first bank in the house?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by famewo87(f): 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
famewo87:
Good evening house. Is there any university with a January start date for masters in public health (MPH)?Most universities I saw have only one start date which is September and admission is over. Public health gurus in the house or any other person with info should pls help. Thanks
i need help on this please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
olah23:
Are u in lagos? If u are then will link u up wit som1 @ first bank marina that what e deals with most..
thanks olah but I'm in delta state, just wanted to know if first bank as a bank is ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkygrace(f): 10:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
famewo87:
i need help on this please
So far i have not come across any that starts by January all of them starts by September,and most of them have closed application process with Saskatchewan the last i think closing today.check this website out.
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/php-psp/master_of_php-eng.php

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by famewo87(f): 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
Pinkygrace:

So far i have not come across any that starts by January all of them starts by September,and most of them have closed application process with Saskatchewan the last i think closing today.check this website out.
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/php-psp/master_of_php-eng.php
Thanks. Would check it out now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by medicflod: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
Greetings everyone in the house,

Applying for Enhanced Nursing Practice at Conestoga College,(Critical Care Nursing) Sep 2016,

i have been working in the emergency department,ICU,i want to upgrade my self . it's 1-year course

My sponsor is my Church-Rev.father

As of now he said his account balance #3M,He said it's not constant that it goes up to 5-6m a times,He said it's low now cos the church projects.

He asked me to find out the minimum balance he needs to have for my sponsorship.

Please also what are the likely documents i need to get from him

Reference letter from his bank
Account statement.

Thanks for your kind response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
Yes it's but I will advice u to go to d HQ in delta state rather than branch office ok
notasowie:
thanks olah but I'm in delta state, just wanted to know if first bank as a bank is ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by humbleosazee: 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
why me, we filled in college-diploma in my sisters application and she applied for PGD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by humbleosazee: 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
mikel88:
click on "certificate" that's what is applicable to college PGD applicant.

why me, we filled in college-diploma in my sisters application and she applied for PGD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SKINNYBADGUY: 1:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Hey my people. I am new here, really impressed with you people comments and all. May God grant us all our heart desires. Got admitted to Selkirk college BC for may intake. Filed in embassy (online) for about 3 weeks now still waiting for an update. I don start fasting and prayer. Anyone running Selkirk college in the house?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Churkie: 5:17am On Mar 02, 2016
thesoj:

Just saying you'll return to Nigeria after the course is absolutely not sufficient. Anybody can say that, you need to be absolutely and unambiguously convincing. The burden of proof is on you to state what you would do in Nigeria in the aftermath of your program. Do you have goals or ambition on what you could do in Nigeria with your Canada training? What are the economic opportunities that you would gain with this Canada training? You need to apply for the visa with the assumption & mindset that you won't be getting PGWP or PR (which is actually a real possibility fyi). It's ok for plans in the future to change, everybody (including the VO, they are not stupid_) knows that. I previously explained this here.

You also need to closely link your past educational trajectory and work experience with both your Canada training and your future ambitions. You need to be as specific as possible.

PS: I received your PM and read the SOP. Make the changes I recommended above and send another version. Take your time and don't be in a hurry.

@thesoj, please is this ending part of my statement good enough. I need your advice ASAP because I'll submit tomorrow morning.

After completing my studies in Petroleum engineering, I would like to obtain work experience in Canada to get exposed to the work culture, the difference in the technology involved with respect to Nigeria , and professional work environment prevalent there. Having done that, I would like to return to my country Nigeria and implement what's been learnt in Canada. I envisage the future as setting up my own consulting firm in Nigeria. I would also like to contribute my share to my country by taking up a teaching position, possibly a part time one at a university in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:25am On Mar 02, 2016
When i try to respond, the email bounces back.
donsunnyjjayy:
Thanks boss, i made changes as specified and already sent u another version.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:27am On Mar 02, 2016
You are applying for a student visa, yet you are already talking about working there after your studies. This implies to the VO that you might not come back after your studies should you not be able to Canada any longer.

Churkie:

@thesoj, please is this ending part of my statement good enough. I need your advice ASAP because I'll submit tomorrow morning.

After completing my studies in Petroleum engineering,[s] I would like to obtain work experience in Canada to get exposed to the work culture, the difference in the technology involved with respect to Nigeria , and professional work environment prevalent there[/s]. Having done that, I would like to return to my country Nigeria and implement what's been learnt in Canada. I envisage the future as setting up my own consulting firm in Nigeria. I would also like to contribute my share to my country by taking up a teaching position, possibly a part time one at a university in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kingsolve(m): 5:49am On Mar 02, 2016
veron12:
Good evening house.All thanks to God!!! My visa application was approved last week and I got a new start date of may 2nd 2016.pls what are the necessary documents to take along with be for immigration Examination when I get to Canada.
2. Planning to leave Nigeria nextweek I hope immigration officer will not question me y I'm leaving too early since resumption is 2nd May.when do you think I should leave Nigerian?thanks for your quick response .

Congratulations.
From the latter question, its not too early to leave. I remember I also left months before my resumption. And for documents, you need to have handy your travel documents as usual, proof of school fees payment, address of where you'll be staying in Canada as you mentioned Calgary, the person's phone number and details if possible, errm, trying to remember if I left anything out...
I think that is basically what you need to keep handy in your hand luggage for immigration at check in.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 6:18am On Mar 02, 2016
just three weeks.,.......lol
did you have medical done upfronnt...
SKINNYBADGUY:
Hey my people. I am new here, really impressed with you people comments and all. May God grant us all our heart desires. Got admitted to Selkirk college BC for may intake. Filed in embassy (online) for about 3 weeks now still waiting for an update. I don start fasting and prayer. Anyone running Selkirk college in the house?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by donsunnyjjayy(m): 7:47am On Mar 02, 2016
thesoj:
When i try to respond, the email bounces back.

OK u can try using an alternate mail donsunnyj@gmail.com...looking forward to hearing from you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ridlaw(m): 8:12am On Mar 02, 2016
olah23:
Yes form A...also make sure u ve a current account cos they won't do it frm savings..
pls I want you to link me up with the guy that helped you in the bank. kindly drop your number so I can reach you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Greetings all,

What's the difference between funding and stipend (salary)??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by medicflod: 9:17am On Mar 02, 2016
I need your help on this house

medicflod:
Greetings everyone in the house,

Applying for Enhanced Nursing Practice at Conestoga College,(Critical Care Nursing) Sep 2016,

i have been working in the emergency department,ICU,i want to upgrade my self . it's 1-year course

My sponsor is my Church-Rev.father

As of now he said his account balance #3M,He said it's not constant that it goes up to 5-6m a times,He said it's low now cos the church projects.

He asked me to find out the minimum balance he needs to have for my sponsorship.

Please also what are the likely documents i need to get from him

Reference letter from his bank
Account statement.

Thanks for your kind response.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Churkie: 9:19am On Mar 02, 2016
thesoj:

You are asking me to answer your question yet @vickyehi already told you to read my old posts for the answer. I'm sorry but you need to be willing to read the thread even if to a limited extent. Anyways, read from page 380 to page 383 of Part 8.

@thesoj, thanks. That really helped. Saw this also online from a visa representative in Canada. Thought I should share.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by OyBosEnEmm(m): 10:30am On Mar 02, 2016
olah23:
Hello Olah23,

I will also be processing my FORM A soon..can you link me with your contact?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 10:38am On Mar 02, 2016
Send me a mail pls so I can send my #
ridlaw:

pls I want you to link me up with the guy that helped you in the bank. kindly drop your number so I can reach you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 10:50am On Mar 02, 2016
It depends on d bank u ve account with, if it's gtb or first bank no p but make sure u ve a current account
OyBosEnEmm:

Hello Olah23,

I will also be processing my FORM A soon..can you link me with your contact?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 02, 2016
thesoj:
Congrats @BreadandBeans, did you have an undergraduate degree before this? Or will this be your first undergraduate degree? Just curious.

Could you also list your profile so that other people would benefit? E.g. year & course of past qualification, what you've been doing since then, age, documents submitted, etc...
No, i don't have any undergraduate degree before this.. i graduated from secondary school year 2013.. so i was learning computer engineering from one small computer institute like that sha.. so i graduated from there around may 2014, but i did not collect my certificate then( i never knew it will be that useful in the future) not until last year when i started my visa application process, so i went back to the institute and payed for my certificate and pleaded with the boss there to shift the date i graduated to may 2015, so the V.O will at least know have been doing some stuffs all this while.. And for the docs i submitted-
1.Prayer
2.Letter of explanation
3.Sponsor's letter(my dad)
4.affidavit of sponsorship
5.my dad's soa with closing balance of 7.5m
6.His company's statement of account with closing balance of 22m
7.MOU given to him as a shareholder in his company
8.company's CAC certificate
9.his appointment letter
10.My acceptance letter UofRegina
11.Police Character report
12.waec certificate
13.certificate given to me in the computer college where i learned computer
engineering
14.CIC application forms
That's All

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2016
BreadandBeans:
No, i don't have any undergraduate degree before this.. i graduated from secondary school year 2013.. so i was learning computer engineering from one small computer institute like that sha.. so i graduated from there around may 2014, but i did not collect my certificate then( i never knew it will be that useful in the future) not until last year when i started my visa application process, so i went back to the institute and payed for my certificate and pleaded with the boss there to shift the date i graduated to may 2015, so the V.O will at least know have been doing some stuffs all this while.. And for the docs i submitted-
1.Prayer
2.Letter of explanation
3.Sponsor's letter(my dad)
4.affidavit of sponsorship
5.my dad's soa with closing balance of 7.5m
6.His company's statement of account with closing balance of 22m
7.MOU given to him as a shareholder in his company
8.company's CAC certificate
9.his appointment letter
10.My acceptance letter UofRegina
11.Police Character report
12.waec certificate
13.certificate given to me in the computer college where i learned computer
engineering
14.CIC application forms
That's All

Pls who was ur sponsors letter addressed to? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2016
yungreezy:
What's the fees like? Heard u of Regina is affordable..
8,000cad per semester(24 credit hours,Faculty of science)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 11:48am On Mar 02, 2016
He may not be able to renew the passport in Naija before leaving, cos you can't renew a passport that is not less than 6month to expiration. he is expected to resume may, so i doubt if it will be possible.

thesoj:
Renew your passport before you leave Naija, and take both passports with you to the POE in which case the POE officer will give you a four-year study permit.

If you don't renew your passport before you leave Naija however, then you'll put yourself in a bit of a pickle because the POE officer can only give you a study permit that lasts as long as your passport. This means that shortly after landing in Canada, you would have to rush to Ottawa to renew your Naija passport after which you would need to apply to CIC for a study permit extension; all this would make your life stressed out. This would cost you lots of extra money and time, depending on where in Canada your school is located.

So my advice is to just jejely renew the passport asap before you leave Naija.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 02, 2016
shodexy:

Pls who was ur sponsors letter addressed to? Thanks.
to
The Visa Officer,
Canada High Commission,
Accra, Ghana.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Churkie: 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
thesoj:
You are applying for a student visa, yet you are already talking about working there after your studies. This implies to the VO that you might not come back after your studies should you not be able to Canada any longer.

@thesoj, is it better this way? My bro who is my sponsor has a coy that is into oil trading, haulage and logistics.

"After completing my studies in Petroleum engineering, I would return to Nigeria to contribute my quota to my country’s oil and gas sector as a seasoned field engineer in upstream and downstream operations. While at that, I would look at addressing issues associated with gas flaring which is predominant in the oil producing regions of the country by suggesting/implementing ways in which the gas that is flared can be channeled into storage facilities, from where they will be redistributed to homes and other industries for usage. I also envisage the future as working together with my brother at his company, K****** Petroleum to set up an engineering department that will render oil sector engineering services to the IOC’s and other indigenous oil companies and will also act as a consulting firm in Nigeria. I would also like to contribute my share to my country by taking up a teaching position, possibly a part time one at a university in Nigeria."
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 12:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
let me add my 1 cent.....

why not use the input in your brothers cmpany as the perfect home tie and elaborate on how you intend to improve it on yur return...

from wat you have there ut seems like a secondary option ......not the main thing ure comin to naija to do...
Churkie:

@thesoj, is it better this way? My bro who is my sponsor has a coy that is into oil trading, haulage and logistics.

"After completing my studies in Petroleum engineering, I would return to Nigeria to contribute my quota to my country’s oil and gas sector as a seasoned field engineer in upstream and downstream operations. While at that, I would look at addressing issues associated with gas flaring which is predominant in the oil producing regions of the country by suggesting/implementing ways in which the gas that is flared can be channeled into storage facilities, from where they will be redistributed to homes and other industries for usage. I also envisage the future as working together with my brother at his company, K****** Petroleum to set up an engineering department that will render oil sector engineering services to the IOC’s and other indigenous oil companies and will also act as a consulting firm in Nigeria. I would also like to contribute my share to my country by taking up a teaching position, possibly a part time one at a university in Nigeria."

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.