Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037753 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ChristineC: 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
ChristineC:
Nice thread. Just stumbled on it.
Please permit me to share a challenge facing my in-law.
He got an admission for 2016 fall session but has a problem because he's not really been employed since he left University in 2011. He's been managing these little administrative positions in small establishments where they will not give an employment letter with little pay, usually in cash. You know how things are in Nigeria.

His first degree is in Laboratory technology and the admission he got is in Pharmacy still B.Sc. program.

How can he show proof that he's been doing something all these years?
His dad has a registered enterprise into maintenance of home appliances like cookers, washer machines and the likes. Can he draft an employment letter from there as a worker since he left school, as it's not related to both what he studied in school and the course he intends to study in Canada? if yes, how does he show proof of pay over the years.

Please help will be appreciated.
@thesoj / berexio1 / airhunde any ideas?
Can anyone assist please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
berexio1:
1. Worry not about Travel history.It is usually served amongst other reasons for those who are still virgins..lol (PP virgin)

2.If u don't have any family in Canada, worry not about this too. The point here is to ensure your ties in Nigeria is well represented whether they are assets I.e both material,financial and human

[b]3. [b][b][/b]The VO simply isn't convinced that you will return after ur studies. [/b]So even tho ur program is 2yrs, he is skeptical..[/b]You have to show him by way of documents and also statement of purpose that you know what you want from the intended study and how it will benefit ur home country when you return.

4. He isn't convinced you are even going to study..Same reasons above. Did u show proof of ur tuition payment?

5. Personal asset refers to your asset and not ur sponsor's. The VO feels you should have something to show for ur employment whether it is property or cash.

When u re-apply, do fill ur UCI number. This indicates u have previously applied. Try to be consistent also.

Use any other identity card for your Dad. His company card or National Id can suffice

U can do an affidavit of support with ur dad stating he is taking care of the expenses.

Enjoy!

There is an issue I have with this common statement of being able to leave canada at the end of one's studies. What about those that want to apply for a permanent residence at the end of their studies . Appreciate your responses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
shodexy:

There is an issue I have with this common statement of being able to leave canada at the end of one's studies. What about those that want to apply for a permanent residence at the end of their studies . Appreciate your responses.
Oga cross bridge first....1 step at a time... grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Olsoo(m): 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2015
SAMUELS3:

I applied to Canadian Institute of Management and Technology CIMT college
The tuition fee for the duration is 14,400 CAD. The duration is two years n 3 months.
Yearly tuition maybe you've to divide the tuition by the duration can't say.

Thanks alot Sam.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
ChristineC:
Nice thread. Just stumbled on it.
Please permit me to share a challenge facing my in-law.
He got an admission for 2016 fall session but has a problem because he's not really been employed since he left University in 2011. He's been managing these little administrative positions in small establishments where they will not give an employment letter with little pay, usually in cash. You know how things are in Nigeria.

His first degree is in Laboratory technology and the admission he got is in Pharmacy still B.Sc. program.

How can he show proof that he's been doing something all these years?
His dad has a registered enterprise into maintenance of home appliances like cookers, washer machines and the likes. Can he draft an employment letter from there as a worker since he left school, as it's not related to both what he studied in school and the course he intends to study in Canada? if yes, how does he show proof of pay over the years.

Please help will be appreciated.
@thesoj / berexio1 any ideas?
What does he have to show for the little employment? He can get the company to draft something like an Introductory letter and even payslip no matter how liitle he is earning. Small companies in naija usually dont give this as u said bt he has to demand for it, that is the only way to prove.
If he is an enterpreneur or is involved in his father's business, I am sure it is quite easy to provide documents relating to this. It doesnt have to relate to what he studied but he must show his line of direction with regards to studying and how he intends to use the knowledge gained.

For E.g a line in his SOP can read thus:
Even though I worked hard with my Dad for so many years to establish his business and i am already a professional at it, I still find myself yearning deeply for a career in Pharmacy, to get back on track I have to get back to school to keep abreast with recent developments. Pharmacy is my passion and I would be much happier practising it.
Enjoy!

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by babsharon(m): 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
Please I need a cheap college in Ontario, I will be glad if anyone has a schol which tuition fees is around 5k dollars per semester. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dazlinga: 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
babsharon:
Please I need a cheap college in Ontario, I will be glad if anyone has a schol which tuition fees is around 5k dollars per semester. Thanks

Cambrian college of arts and technology, Sudbury, Ontario

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by just001: 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
Peep Follow me Thank God o.

Got Original Passport Request email from cic which i have already submitted my passport and now got another email on the 23rd Dec from

Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos.

Application Accepted/Recu depuis l’Ambassade

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 23 Dec 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

At this point can i be 101% sure that my visa is successful? I need an urgent answer Please!

Visa Type: Student Visa
School : UOFW

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2015
just001:
Peep Follow me Thank God o.

Got Original Passport Request email from cic which i have already submitted my passport and now got another email on the 23rd Dec from

Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos.

Application Accepted/Recu depuis l’Ambassade

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 23 Dec 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

At this point can i be 101% sure that my visa is successful? I need an urgent answer Please!

Visa Type: Student Visa
School : UOFW

I am also going to UofW

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
Someone please answer

Graviton2:
I paid for the courier service during my submission, how do I get my documents through them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Onyeoma3: 12:42am On Dec 27, 2015
Congrats to everyone that got their TRV recently, and merry Christmas to every member of this thread.

For those still expecting their TRV, remain optimistic, it shall surely end in praise. For those that got delayed, many in here have been successful after one or two delays, so don't give up on your dreams, but at the same time, a plan B is always adviceable.

If anyone made tuition fees payment recently using form A at any of the banks (esp 1st bank), kindly lemme know and at which rate.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 1:08am On Dec 27, 2015
Well it was a safe and nice trip to toronto and no big deal at Pearson airport cos they ddnt ask me any question.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by john4affiliate: 2:07am On Dec 27, 2015
gabrola:
Guys guys a quick one please. Will one be allowed to cross POE with the following foodstuffs :
1) Locust beans (Iru)
2)Garri
3)Melon (Egusi)
4)dry fish
5)wheat flour
6)beans
7)know magi

They will allow u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by NewBob: 2:14am On Dec 27, 2015
Guys, I found Christmas offer for GCMS!
I have communicated a few times with the gcmsnow and then when it was time to place an order, they said it will be free because of Christmas. Hope it will help other forum members too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:11am On Dec 27, 2015
VOs understand that you might have the opportunity to legally stay in Canada after finishing school.

But what they want to know is that you would move back to Nigeria if you can't legally stay in Canada anymore. Since your current application is in the non-immigrant category, the burden of proof is on you to prove that you have plans on what to do in Nigeria when you finish school.

Don't build castles in the sky about PR, one step at a time. The VO needs to know that you have plans for what to do in Naija after your Canada education; your goals of PR are a non-starter at this point.

shodexy:

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:24am On Dec 27, 2015
99.9% or thereabouts, cos nothing is 100% probability until it actually happens.
just001:
Got Original Passport Request email from cic ...

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bencheda: 7:35am On Dec 27, 2015
Pls fellow nairalander i have gotten my trv but i want to travel like january 12 and my classes start january 6 what can i do and i still have may chancr of registrying for classes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:39am On Dec 27, 2015
thesoj:
99.9% or thereabouts, cos nothing is 100% probability until it actually happens.
Lol...this case is more like 100%, unless strong men from your village are after you grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 8:16am On Dec 27, 2015
[quote author=NewBob post=41375687]Guys, I found Christmas offer for GCMS!
I have communicated a few times with the gcmsnow and then when it was time to place an order, they said it will be free because of Christmas. Hope it will help other forum members too.

Thanks.... Please how can we order for free...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 8:45am On Dec 27, 2015
Lol. I agree with you except for the village part. Well, mathematically speaking though, nothing is 100% probable unless it has already happened (or unless it depends on an immutable physical law).

Not to spoil the spirit of the thread, but someone came on this thread a few hundred pages ago about his sister's TRV denial after she received an approval mail (don't think she was a student applicant tho). But this is exceedingly rare. I also read somewhere else online of someone whose passport came back with a refusal letter after having submitted it after passport request.

But you are right. It is approximately 100% (tho the purist in me sees it as around 99.9% lol) chance that a visa will be issued after pp request.
obiscolly:

Lol...this case is more like 100%, unless strong men from your village are after you grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 11:29am On Dec 27, 2015
obiscolly:

Village people no strong pass Jesus. Make we no dey over hype some powers.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Emo123: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
Hello guys, I have gotten admission and my school gave me time frame to pay up half of my tuition fees. 31st march 2016 is the deadline to pay up. Please may I know, if it's possible to apply for visa before paying my tuition fees. Please your contribution is highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by terrymason(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
Good day every one and especially to the op! More oil abi na greece(country) to your soft elbow!
Am a graduate of geo-physics with grade 2/2 and I want to futher in canada in geology, but I don't know a suitable universtity/college to apply, I just found newfounduniverstity has a friendly tuition fee, but to apply in the school and for visa is really confusing since am a novice, please your guild and advise would be highly needed @ everyone and op, thanks and waiting to get a reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
Futurewiser:

Village people no strong pass Jesus. Make we no dey over hype some powers.
I dey tell u.. Those power na pikin where God dey.. My village people power left yansh..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
For those of you who want to study in Germany (tuition free Universities taught in English.. click here. https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ChristineC: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
berexio1:
What does he have to show for the little employment? He can get the company to draft something like an Introductory letter and even payslip no matter how liitle he is earning. Small companies in naija usually dont give this as u said bt he has to demand for it, that is the only way to prove.
If he is an enterpreneur or is involved in his father's business, I am sure it is quite easy to provide documents relating to this. It doesnt have to relate to what he studied but he must show his line of direction with regards to studying and how he intends to use the knowledge gained.

For E.g a line in his SOP can read thus:
Even though I worked hard with my Dad for so many years to establish his business and i am already a professional at it, I still find myself yearning deeply for a career in Pharmacy, to get back on track I have to get back to school to keep abreast with recent developments. Pharmacy is my passion and I would be much happier practising it.
Enjoy!
Thank you. Much appreciated!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
ChristineC:

Thank you. Much appreciated!
Ur welcome. Btw, ur profile says u live in Guelph, how true?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kudos to some Nigerian student abroad, Canadian students you too can do better please post urs so that the government will know that you mean business.
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/12/in-pictures-nigerian-students-abroad.html?m=1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Tunramide(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
GWorld1:
Hello house!
It's application approved and closed.
My story goes thus... I got admission for fall 2015 for my masters, I came here then to learn how to apply and all.. wen I was gathering my application requirements (I had even paid 1 semester fee ooo) den money became unnecessary scares in my immediate family, my peeps went to family members 4 funds bt no1 was ready to help. I gave up literally den took it to God in prayers... Notin was forthcoming. During this time I defered my admission to winter dis year and I keep believing God for a miracle and didn't let the suituation weigh me down. Became a little more active in church activities because I Dont like staying @ home and don't really know anybody in the town we staying ( went to a boarding like uni). I know without any financial backing I can't be granted visa, out of vexation I left the part tuition fee with the school that was around July. Around October ending an old family friend came ( I don't even think I av seen him b4 bt he claims he knows me) to attend a burial in my town so he stopped over to see my peeps. He asked specifically about my academics and my peeps explained the challenge to him, and surprisingly he asked me to list the documents I need for my sponsorship and he will call me to cum and collect them the following week. That's how I got a sponsor miraculously and he promised to give me 5mill for the program as soon as I get the visa, I know the money won't b enough bt I can hustle the rest wen I get there.
I actually shared this story because sum pages back sum people ar asking if God is involve in visa app or not... Just smiling wen I was reading people's comment on the subject.

Documents submitted
Online app
Upfront medical
Normal cic forms
Admission letter
Part payment of school fees
Letter of sponsor
Affidavit of sponsor
Bank statement of sponsor
Fixed deposit of sponsor
Nysc certificate
Police certificate
Letter of introduction from the sponsor's bank
Sop( including my father's company registration and naming me as 1 of the board of directors since my father is also my professional Colleague )
Applied November 10
Biometric: November 11
Medical passed: December 10
Thank u for ur patience: December 11
Passport request: December 17
Passport sent through ups: December 18 ( thanks to @ emmamsc he put me tru on hw to go tru courier)
Passport request again: December 18 dey sha want me to send my passport
Passport delivered: December 21
Checked now: application approved and closed.
God is indeed faithful.
For those that ar denied please don't let anything negative stop u from pursuing ur heart desires. God is too faithful to lie/fail. He makes all things beautiful in his own time.
Thank u all.

tunramide: key into ur testimony

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Thomby2k12:
Hello people, please is there anybody in the house who resides in Brandon who can house me pending the time I will get accommodation?

Hello, how r u settling in? Hope u av sorted ur accommodation issues?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Tunramide(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Tunramide: Pls great people, I ve passed the medical since 12 dec and after I saw update inside my mail box but when i checked my cic nothing was there and since then no update, pls answer to this.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
Anyone heading to GBC des January or is already dere should pls let me no..

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.