Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1041808 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 13, 2016
VickyRotex:

Replied, not delivering.
Profojah78@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kdf3449(m): 6:47am On Mar 13, 2016
Hello house,

Please i need professional advice on how to approach my travel plans. I have been working here in Dubai for almost 2years now and i just got married December 2015,I have traveled to South Africa, Kenya, Turkey ( twice ), Italy and Spain,all these visas i got from here in Dubai with no stress. I wish to take my wife on a trip to Canada but because she hasn't gotten her residence here,she can't apply from here with me so i am planning on coming back to Nigeria to apply there with her. I would like to know if i can use my statement of account here to apply over there in Nigeria because i don't have a salary account there in Nigeria. I also wish to know how long the visa processing time takes because I can't be away from work for too long as my company must issue me a late stating the period am going off work.( it takes just 14 days over here )

Please i will appreciate if i can get advice on my plans.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 13, 2016
Morning great pple,
Pls house, I need help on the amount expected to be in a bank statement of my Dad, as a sponsor to Uni of Saskactchewan(Masters- $5,090/session-payable termly). Though, he will need to run d acctn as he is an old man who doesn't move cash to bank 'cos of d nature of his work, also he is into Produce duly licenced by Ogun state Govt.
Any response from you all, kindly advice on the kind of cash flow & outflow for a month including how it shld go daily or weekly.
I n' dad, ve fought over his inability to run a bank acctn since...bt, he apologised to make things work for my dream.
Please...I need ur advice ASAP...
God bless y'all.
Happy sunday...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PurpleG(f): 7:45am On Mar 13, 2016
ugonnachimezie54:

Yo purple G you in Canada already, what province
Am in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Bamz:

Hi there... this is sort of new to me as well. In essence Form A works in line with the WU GlobalPay Solution? From what I enquired, payment can be made in one's local currency.

Hey Cottyekundayo,
Any useful info yet? I'm in touch with someone else that has used it but he's yet to give me the low-down of how he paid.

no Info yet. will check first bank tomorrow. not like I am ready to make payment yet. however, I already sent a mail to global pay, asking for banks that provides such service in NG. it is hipe they respond positively
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:35am On Mar 13, 2016
Bamz:

Hi there... this is sort of new to me as well. In essence Form A works in line with the WU GlobalPay Solution? From what I enquired, payment can be made in one's local currency.

Hey Cottyekundayo,
Any useful info yet? I'm in touch with someone else that has used it but he's yet to give me the low-down of how he paid.

no Info yet. will check first bank tomorrow. not like I am ready to make payment yet. however, I already sent a mail to global pay, asking for banks that provides such service in NG. it is hipe they respond positively

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2016
Pls somebody should help me out...
I got an email from the sch on 24 Feb that my admission letter has been send to my country postal service, they gave me a tracking number but each time I check it keep saying on transit..
Pls I want know how many weeks will takes to get to Nigeria..??
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:
Pls somebody should help me out...
I got an email from the sch on 24 Feb that my admission letter has been send to my country postal service, they gave me a tracking number but each time I check it keep saying on transit..
Pls I want know how many weeks will takes to get to Nigeria..??
Thanks

If you urgently need it, ask the school to send your admission letter via your email because postal service might take longer time than required.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by missPay: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
Jlakeside:
My sponsor(Same surname) closing balance is 7.2M (salary account). And my total tuition for a year is $6k +$10k +other expenses ($18k = 3M).. Do I need to submit his company SOA?. Sponsor is my Uncle.,
Which sch are you headed to and wat program. I think ur closing bal is Ok.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bioben: 1:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
metrecube:

Let him transfer a million naira into your account. And you pay him back after submitting your application. Sponsor yourself with d cash and you should be okay. Self sponsor and parent sponsor is d best.
Fair of lump sum now I want to print my statement. Like most of my funds is in treasury bill
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungreezy: 1:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
Random question guys, are there good chances of working part time to raise money for upkeep in a city like nova scotia? im looking at two unis, dalhousie(nova scotia) and concordia (montreal). I have raised some funds but i know ill have to earn some money there, so im asking for peeps already there or have knowledge of these two cities, which is more favourable for someone with limited funds and for part time work while schooling.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
PurpleG:

Am in Nigeria.

Am in Canada you applying for any school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by executivegej: 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
thesoj, help with link to download study permit CIC forms.

thesoj:
Congrats on your TRV.

Travel/POE tips:
https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/153#40304339
Edited: do declare all the money and food items you have on you. Your money & food may be seized or you may be fined or worse if you don't.

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/159#40374266

Accomodation search:
www.kijiji.ca

Flight ticket pricing:
http://matrix.itasoftware.com
Use this site to get the cheapest estimate for flights and then get a travel agent to secure the ticket for you. Alternately, try expedia.com or kayak.com.

General life in Canada advice:
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/216#31187849

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PurpleG(f): 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
ugonnachimezie54:

Am in Canada you applying for any school
Applied to BrandonU already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kivalchi: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hello house,

Pls regarding the sponsor personal soa and company soa, in my case it's company's sponsored and on the letter of sponsorship signed by the C.E.O and G.M it states that I'll be resuming back to work a month after I return back to Nigeria after my 2yrs of study, my question is

1. Is this letter convincing enough to a vo
2. Do I still need to add the C.E.O's personal soa

Gurus in the house advice pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

do banks still give their customers form A to access forex to pay tuition fees abroad considering the new CBN forex policy....if yes pls list the banks that give fx to their customers...thanks friends
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by samwheel(m): 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Pls guys, my date of birth on my waec certificate doesn't tally with my Intl passport. One month difference. Pls what do I do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 3:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
samwheel:
Pls guys, my date of birth on my waec certificate doesn't tally with my Intl passport. One month difference. Pls what do I do
Do affidavit, hope date on certificate is not that far so as not to raise red flag why you are just doing it now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
samwheel:
Do Affidavit at the nearest High court..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by samwheel(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
omooba2015:

Do Affidavit at the nearest High court..
After doing it, do I stand a chance? I'm anxious
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by samwheel(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Arcayo:

Do affidavit, hope date on certificate is not that far so as not to raise red flag why you are just doing it now
The exam date was 2011 and my DOB is Nov, while d certificate is October.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
SAMUELS3:

If you urgently need it, ask the school to send your admission letter via your email because postal service might take longer time than required.
Thanks man..
What's the difference between acceptance letter and admission.. Cos d msg on email say acceptance letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
samwheel:
The exam date was 2011 and my DOB is Nov, while d certificate is October.
You should have done the affidavit immediately you got you certificate, well I not that far sha 2011 to 2016, just do it you are good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kivalchi: 4:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:

Thanks man..
What's the difference between acceptance letter and admission.. Cos d msg on email say acceptance letter.

The acceptance letter indicates that you have been offered admission

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
Do anyone here know which bank still give form A to pay for tuition fees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
do banks still give their customers form A to access forex to pay tuition fees abroad considering the new CBN forex policy....if yes pls list the banks that give fx to their customers...thanks friends
which policy? CBN never ban Form a. people still de pay tuition via form A.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

which policy? CBN never ban Form a. people still de pay tuition via form A.
I applied through wema bank on Friday....how long does it take for them to approve it

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 4:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kivalchi:

The acceptance letter indicates that you have been offered admission
Thanks man I really appreciate you.
Pls I'm a newbie here.. I tried to check back the pages but I'm not too cleared.
I just send the sch an email telling them to pls forward it to my mail instead of postal service.
Now if I should get the letter. What are the necessary DOCUS I need nd what's the next steps to take. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
samwheel:
After doing it, do I stand a chance? I'm anxious
Yes off course.. Do things with FAITH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hijeo: 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Mekurexx:
I applied there. Have you gotten a response from them?
no dear not yet... you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pampem: 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
BreadandBeans:
Just a day. They'll give you an eMedical sheet 2 upload on your mYCIC acct at the end of the exercise if you're submitting online, but if it via paper you'll submit the eMedical sheet together with the rest of your documents.. I don't have any idea of the price at IOM Ikeja, I did mine at the consultant practice ikoyi-28k.

Hello,

Happy Sunday all.
Please Did you indicate the UMI number from the upfront e -medical sheet anywhere on the study application form ? Please revert
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ahyotomiwa: 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
[quote author=Kivalchi post=43735286]Hello house,

Hi, I wud advice u avoid using ur company as sponsor..if there are other good alternatives. If ur program was just a year den it wud av bin better..
But if dere's no other option, go with the Md or CEO personal statement too asides the comp SOA and prove a relationship other than he his ur boss. Preferably also u pay atleast a year tuition..also u might want to add a bond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.