Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037773 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emmaxy54(m): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2016
Hello, am new here. I intend applying for a graduate program this year in Ryerson Uni and I hope to get a full funded scholarship cos my parents are not financially capable of sponsoring me. I am a bit confused about the whole visa application ish, the sponsorship part most especially because every visa app. post I see strongly require a sponsor that is financially capable. If I probably get the scholarship (full funding), do I have to still provide a sponsor of my own to get the study permit? I don't want to start a journey that would amount to waste of time and resources.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Arcayo:

To get a sponsor that's your responsibility I don't think anybody on this thread can provide that.......look for a relative with steady income and good SOA also he/she will have to explain why spending on your education after that you can think of paying the deposit... hope dis help

Or your employer...

@vblossom
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bombman: 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
It depends on the amount of funding you will get.if it covers the total of your full tuition together with living expenses for an academic year, you may not require an additional sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
U will need always need a sponsor for "other expenses"

Not much balance needed just somethin to show ur can pay for ur tickets d miscelleneous
bombman:
It depends on the amount of funding you will get.if it covers the total of your full tuition together with living expenses for an academic year, you may not require an additional sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oyeleye22: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Ur explanation seem interesting.
But if only the VOS grant us interviews

How long does your admission letter say? Two or four years

Maybe this tym around I would just explain it all in my statement of purpose, besides in my previous application I didn't write any statement of purpose or letter of explanation. My admission letter says 2yrs since it's a second degree
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=Phunmmiee post=43267158][/quote] yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lorenzos1: 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Good day all,
Please are there skools in canada offering admission for january 2017.. I intend to go for msc public admin or pol science.. In Ontario. But i only see for September admission.. Pls i would appreciate urgent assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Vblossom: 6:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
Thank you all for your Response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Vblossom: 6:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
Thank you all for your Response.

Should i go ahead and pay half of my tuition fee so i can be given unconditional offer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Vblossom:
Thank you all for your Response.

Should i go ahead and pay half of my tuition fee so i can be given unconditional offer
I will suggest you get a sponsor first, paying the fee should not an issue now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nadia94(f): 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
vancouverguy:
if I were u,I will put nysc till the date I stopped service and put "unemployed" for the few days till u submit.being unemployed is not a reason for denial of visa.u better off coming out the way things are...don't try to put anything untrue no matter how minor it may look,it could be d reason u get a visa or no.That my own personal suggestion.
Hmmmm just seeing this, the day difference is gonna be less than 10days; what if my occupation says student? and then tell them am doing a self study for a course whose training is not available in d country, then back it up with the circulum of the course...the course is gonna be very much is line with my prospective course in canada. How abt that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaybmich: 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Dem bounce me for MUN and Saskatchewan.. Naso MA admission tough reach?!... Nawa o angry

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by STENON(f): 11:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
wayaa007:
This clearly proves that there's a new policy canadien Government have put in place in terms of immigration, everyone here seems to be rejected based on
1. Purpose of visit
2. Family ties
3. Personal assets and finance
Further investigations should be done to get the solution to the problem. Probably cities like Ontario, Manitoba are full or something.
Yes, Canada is experiencing a tough economy downturn according to the mail that was sent to a frnd of mine by his prospective supervisor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by GidiPrince: 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
olah23:
For today 150.3

@olah23 can one use this method to pay tuition deposit? Like say 250CAD. Cos gtb charged around 224naira for 1CAD when using their naira MasterCard last week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jigato(m): 11:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hello House,

I submit my Canadian Study Permit on the 31th of December 2015, and I did my biometric on d 4th of Jan, 2016. I haven't heard from CIC ever since. the last time I received an auto generated mail from them was Feb 2, telling me to check Mycic account for an update to my application, wen I checked Mycic account, there was no update and till this very moment there has not been any update. That Feb 2, mail was suppose to be my medical exam update cos I did upfront medicals but my medical exam status has not been updated till date. I sent several mails to them to lay my complain but non was replied and they still didn't update my medical exam.

This is the 14th week of my application and I still haven't received decision on my application nor medical exam update. online application is suppose to be treated within 10weeks but mine has exceeded the normal processing time and I still haven't heard from them concerning my case.

Please I need everyone's help on this issue, I don't know hw to go abt it anymore. Thanks for your anticipated help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 12:02am On Mar 29, 2016
Yes u can aslong has u ve ur LOA and other requested document
GidiPrince:

@olah23 can one use this method to pay tuition deposit? Like say 250CAD. Cos gtb charged around 224naira for 1CAD when using their naira MasterCard last week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by goldenmoore(m): 12:41am On Mar 29, 2016
Hello house, am new here.l got admission into a college in Canada for a postgraduate study and my LOA reads that I will make a tuition deposit of 7400$.please how do i make this payment considering the time constraints and current CBN forex ban?Also must I make this payment before applying for my study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by goldenmoore(m): 12:51am On Mar 29, 2016
Hello house, I got admission into a college in canada for a postgraduate study and my LOA reads I should make a tuition deposit of 7400$.please how do I make this payment considering the time constraints and current CBN ban on forex?.Also must I make this payment before applying for my study permit?.thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 1:06am On Mar 29, 2016
jaybmich:
Dem bounce me for MUN and Saskatchewan.. Naso MA admission tough reach?!... Nawa o angry

As a rule of thumb, you should email past students or even the program coordinator to evaluate your chances of getting admission to any course. This will help you limit the number of schools you apply to. Going through the online information for application to programs isn't sufficient.

Yes, there are obvious factors that will determine your admission: (very) early application, GPA, SOP, academic background amongst others.

Taking all these factors into consideration, you will apply to two schools at most if the school requirements are crystal clear to you after evaluating your chances and you know you have passion for the intended course.

BUT don't give up yet. All the best in your endeavours.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaybmich: 3:37am On Mar 29, 2016
Bamz:

As a rule of thumb, you should email past students or even the program coordinator to evaluate your chances of getting admission to any course. This will help you limit the number of schools you apply to. Going through the online information for application to programs isn't sufficient.

Yes, there are obvious factors that will determine your admission: (very) early application, GPA, SOP, academic background amongst others.

Taking all these factors into consideration, you will apply to two schools at most if the school requirements are crystal clear to you after evaluating your chances and you know you have passion for the intended course.

BUT don't give up yet. All the best in your endeavours.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

I applied last year October tho, if I get in touch with one of their staff, won't he/or she still tell me about being eligible and no admission guarantee blah blah? Thanks for the message!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:43am On Mar 29, 2016
goldenmoore:
Hello house, I got admission into a college in canada for a postgraduate study and my LOA reads I should make a tuition deposit of 7400$.please how do I make this payment considering the time constraints and current CBN ban on forex?.Also must I make this payment before applying for my study permit?.thanks.

When is the deadline for your deposit payment? My candid opinion, if the deadline is at least 6 weeks, don't make any payment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 29, 2016
Nadia94:

Hmmmm just seeing this, the day difference is gonna be less than 10days; what if my occupation says student? and then tell them am doing a self study for a course whose training is not available in d country, then back it up with the circulum of the course...the course is gonna be very much is line with my prospective course in canada. How abt that?
u might as well put "student" if u think "unemployed" might hinder your case. Am sure d v.o knows what happens after nysc is "job hunting" and u bn unemployed for like 10 days after nysc doesn't raise any red flag if it were 1 year or 2, that will be a different issue...getting a decent job 10 days after leaving school self will be a rare occurrence in Canada.put " student' as long as it gives u peace of mind.all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Holu26: 4:14am On Mar 29, 2016
lorenzos1:
Good day all,
Please are there skools in canada offering admission for january 2017.. I intend to go for msc public admin or pol science.. In Ontario. But i only see for September admission.. Pls i would appreciate urgent assistance.

I will suggest u apply for sept entry and once u get the admission, defer the admission till January.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:23am On Mar 29, 2016
jaybmich:

I applied last year October tho, if I get in touch with one of their staff, won't he/or she still tell me about being eligible and no admission guarantee blah blah? Thanks for the message!

Depending on the school you're applying to, in most cases early application does not influence your chances of being accepted at all. Because most schools don't start processing until after deadline has passed.

Truth is MUN is about the cheapest or one of the cheapest in Ca, and hence becoming most applicants choice. I think the same goes for Saskatchewan too. Admission to these schools that used to be very easy couple of months back (because of their harsh weather) has become very competitive.

Three major factors i know determine admission are Referees' assessment, Statement of Purpose and GPA. As much as your result is an important factor, SOP and Referees' assessment are more important. No good school will accept an Applicant they have no adequate provision for. For instance, if you applied to a school to study Msc in say Mech. Engineering and you stated in your SOP u'd like to focus on "strength of materials", but the department has no supervisor with that interest, the school would rather not accept you.
So take your time to go through Supervisor' research interest and be sure there's at least one supervisor in your line of interest. Or just make your area of study very simple but MEANINGFUL and SENSE-MAKING

I will also suggest you write the program administrator or admission officer or Departmental/faculty officer, perhaps s/he could be kind enough to point out reasons why you were not accepted.

Finally, always check how competitive a program is, and compare with your result......and be very honest with yourself......

I wish you all the best

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:34am On Mar 29, 2016
Holu26:

I will suggest u apply for sept entry and once u get the admission, defer the admission till January.

Lol, smart thinker . But if a school does not have a start date for Winter for a particular program, you cannot defer your admission to that semester. So getting admission for fall and deferring to winter WILL NOT WORK (for programs with no start date for winter), you will only be allowed to defer to next fall......because the set of courses that would be taken in Winter would be those with prerequisites from previous fall semester. The only reason a school won't admit for Winter semester is because they have no start date for Winter.........
You can either widen your search or you settle for Fall Semester.....

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:38am On Mar 29, 2016
jigato:
Hello House,

I submit my Canadian Study Permit on the 31th of December 2015, and I did my biometric on d 4th of Jan, 2016. I haven't heard from CIC ever since. the last time I received an auto generated mail from them was Feb 2, telling me to check Mycic account for an update to my application, wen I checked Mycic account, there was no update and till this very moment there has not been any update. That Feb 2, mail was suppose to be my medical exam update cos I did upfront medicals but my medical exam status has not been updated till date. I sent several mails to them to lay my complain but non was replied and they still didn't update my medical exam.

This is the 14th week of my application and I still haven't received decision on my application nor medical exam update. online application is suppose to be treated within 10weeks but mine has exceeded the normal processing time and I still haven't heard from them concerning my case.

Please I need everyone's help on this issue, I don't know hw to go abt it anymore. Thanks for your anticipated help

Create a case enquiry.....they hardly reply mails.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 6:13am On Mar 29, 2016
jaybmich:

I'm sorry about that though.

I only gave you advice from experience. It also helps to have had some professional experience in the intended course of study as well, if ones GPA isn't that okay. I understand that you feel the school might give a subjective evaluation.

In my case, I had a discussion with one of the departmental past students (who happened to be the course rep), sent him my CV, and we analysed two courses, he told me which I'll have a better chance of getting and etc.

What course are you applying for?

Is your GP below 2.1?

Do you have prior working experience?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaybmich: 8:44am On Mar 29, 2016
Bamz:

I'm sorry about that though.

I only gave you advice from experience. It also helps to have had some professional experience in the intended course of study as well, if ones GPA isn't that okay. I understand that you feel the school might give a subjective evaluation.

In my case, I had a discussion with one of the departmental past students (who happened to be the course rep), sent him my CV, and we analysed two courses, he told me which I'll have a better chance of getting and etc.

What course are you applying for?

Is your GP below 2.1?

Do you have prior working experience?
I have CGPA of 3.63/5, MA Political Science, though that's not what I studied in my undergrad.. I have BA History % International Studies which is a cognate degree to Pol Sc....Just the Nysc working experience which is a year...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Teos: 8:45am On Mar 29, 2016
I'm very sure CIC cannot forget someone's application so I suggest you just relax okay ... I had a friend that submitted October 2014 and got his visa Feb 2015... so just don't worry okay. . It will only get better ...
jigato:
Hello House,

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.