Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038986 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Yes u can use NYSC as ur present job and state it clearly in ur SOP.
Nadia94:
Hello house, a quick one please.
Am to finish service 14th of April, i plan to to submit my application around 20th, 21stof d same, April or before the end of April. Do u thnk its smart to put NYSC has my 'present occupation' snce am not submitting until after service on the 14th. Or should i just put student... Please help... Anyone!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
olah23:
I don't kn about WUBS but I knw WU alone charges 16k on 1K$$

Well there is a WUBS GlobalPay Solution specifically for Students, and from what I've read, it's very convenient for Students, but I'm yet to verify whether or not there are extra charges.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
U are good to go If ur sponsor can give u all necessary document
Akukpim:
Please, I am new to this forum. Sorry for bumping into this section this way and possible must have disjointed the discourse.

I was admitted into Brandon University, in Canada few weeks ago for Masters programme. I graduated with a CGPA of 4.45 from a renowned Federal Uni here in Naija (2013), had my Nysc from 2014-2015. My mum is late and I happen to be the only child. My dad is retired and kinda economically incapacitated. I have a friend who has promised giving me 2Million already (will transfer to my account on my request), plus about a million or so in my personal account. I also have a banker whose customer has pledged to be my sponsor with over 10Million in her account. My godfather is also at my reach if I need an alternative account. I am bequeathed with a landed property in one of the metropolis in the southern Nigeria, plus few others in the rural area (Village). My tuition as stated by the Uni is approx. $4k. Considering the above, do I stand a chance of getting the visa if I apply? If not, what can I do to boost my chances? This is my very 1st...

I have noticed the kind contribution of justwise and others. Please help a friend here. In anticipation....

cc: hayqinsbFX, thesoj, vancouverguy, et al...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by marvis88: 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hello house,

Please can anyone help me with a format of letter of sponsorship, my sponsor demand it asap as he wants to draft the letter himself and sign it..

Thanks! Abeg make una help me urgent! I v tried going back and reading through previous pages but I couldnt get any and my sponsor just had ttm dis weekend because of the break and want to draft it himself but need a sample to guide him
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Akukpim: 4:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bandeco:

Do you work? Or can u documents source of ur funds by way of employment letter, letter of introduction, pay slip etc etc

I can provide evidence from a friend's company.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oyeleye22: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
humbleosazee:

Did you receive email from CIC that you have been denied the visa.
No I didn't it was until I got there I knew my fate cus I was even requested to do medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 4:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
Check page 379
marvis88:
Hello house,

Please can anyone help me with a format of letter of sponsorship, my sponsor demand it asap as he wants to draft the letter himself and sign it..

Thanks! Abeg make una help me urgent! I v tried going back and reading through previous pages but I couldnt get any and my sponsor just had ttm dis weekend because of the break and want to draft it himself but need a sample to guide him

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nadia94(f): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
olah23:
Yes u can use NYSC as ur present job and state it clearly in ur SOP.
So stating it clearly in my SOP includes, talking about my work experience during service relating to my proposed course of study or dat i just finished service few days ago and am just chilling for their response While i self study and broden my knowledge on a professional course? Or i just say both? undecided which sounds better dat what i meant? embarassed

Plus i guess i also av to overemphasize that i jist finished service few days ago?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jlakeside: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
Akukpim:
Please, I am new to this forum. Sorry for bumping into this section this way and possible must have disjointed the discourse.

I was admitted into Brandon University, in Canada few weeks ago for Masters programme. I graduated with a CGPA of 4.45 from a renowned Federal Uni here in Naija (2013), had my Nysc from 2014-2015. My mum is late and I happen to be the only child. My dad is retired and kinda economically incapacitated. I have a friend who has promised giving me 2Million already (will transfer to my account on my request), plus about a million or so in my personal account. I also have a banker whose customer has pledged to be my sponsor with over 10Million in her account. My godfather is also at my reach if I need an alternative account. I am bequeathed with a landed property in one of the metropolis in the southern Nigeria, plus few others in the rural area (Village). My tuition as stated by the Uni is approx. $4k. Considering the above, do I stand a chance of getting the visa if I apply? If not, what can I do to boost my chances? This is my very 1st...

I have noticed the kind contribution of justwise and others. Please help a friend here. In anticipation....

What programme are you going for at BU?.. Also a BU aspirant..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Akukpim:

your case is both simple and complex at the same time.here is my suggestion. As per the 1 million from your friend, if he can write a letter that he wants to invest that in your education and under no circumstances do u have to repay him back that should work.(that what happens when they get mortgages too,he can say he loves how devoted u are to your ambition,he just wants to help in his own way).as per the Banker's cx,u just don't want to put anyone as a support that has no relationship to u in any way...u have to put out a link to u...and y dey want to help or else they might think u just talked any body in nii cos d person has money but dey not really interested to assist. Same applies to your Godfather ...u need to be able to show the line that connect u both no just that he wants to help cos he wants to help.as for your lands,get a valuation for all..to show u have assets and apart from that...some people are refused cos they don't prove they will return after studies,your properties might just convince the officer that u won't abandon all this to seat in Canada ... So it may help u.now that my own opinion... U can decide to throw all these people in without providing any relationship to u ..it's your call.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ell707: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hello house, please which document is required when going for upfront medicals. Do i just walk in empty handed with my money or i need some documents to show the hospital? Pls i wait your response. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nadia94(f): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ell707:
Hello house, please which document is required when going for upfront medicals. Do i just walk in empty handed with my money or i need some documents to show the hospital? Pls i wait your response. Thanks!
Mail the hospital you are going to, they would let you know. But with what i av here, you need; bank deposit slip, international passport and two passport photographs

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ell707: 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nadia94:

Mail the hospital you are going to, they would let you know. But with what i av here, you need; bank deposit slip, international passport and two passport photographs

Ok thank you. Pls do i pay the medicals fee into a bank?? Or at the hospital
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
Check pa 379
marvis88:
Hello house,

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nadia94(f): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=vickyehi post=43862964][/quote]
Been wanting to ask this too, going thru the paper route. Do i av to fill the temporary visa form too? VFS told me am not too. Anyone please...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kakamsi: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
Gd day Nairalanders, pls guys I need u help, who is a graduate of "International business Mgmt" or who is in d program presently in Canada, how is the program and how is the job prospect in canada like. Seneca college offered me admission in that program and I don't really know anything abt it. Pls I really wants to know what i'm getting myself into. I need to gather more info on dat program b4 I proceed. Secondly I hv a Bsc in Accounting, I hope I won't hv any issue with my visa because it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Which hospital can I do my medicals and how much is it....i stay very close to ikeja,Lagos..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by steffans(m): 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
Akukpim:

I can provide evidence from a friend's company.
Have u tried to see if the department you are going to give scholarships? Bcuz with ur cgpa na straight scholarship..
Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Made123: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
kakamsi:
Gd day Nairalanders, pls guys I need u help, who is a graduate of "International business Mgmt" or who is in d program presently in Canada, how is the program and how is the job prospect in canada like. Seneca college offered me admission in that program and I don't really know anything abt it. Pls I really wants to know what i'm getting myself into. I need to gather more info on dat program b4 I proceed. Secondly I hv a Bsc in Accounting, I hope I won't hv any issue with my visa because it. Thanks
www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/IBS.html
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bandeco:

Omo wetin u dey yarn sef. Do you know meaning of myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure? shocked

If one should have congestive heart failure or myocardial infarction that person is near death/unconscious . Na ambulance and stretcher them go carry the person enter the hospital.

ECG is a medical technology use to ascertain if there are underlying heart conditions that can lead to myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure and sudden death.

Honestly, I doubt you read the post to the finish including the one that necesitatd the clarification. Nonetheless, there are unique investigations prescribed for certain ill-health just to rule out the provisional diagnosis made at d 1st contact with a patient. The unique test like ECG is usually prescribed especially when a patient's health status (heart problem) deteriorates. PS: In my previous post, (1) I differenciatd chest X-ray from ECG to correct the guy who wrote that the two wer d same. (2) I mentiond that ECG might not be ordered by CIC except for those traveling for a medical problem. Finally, try to understand contextual clues b4 finalizin... I hope u didn't BROWSE AND PASTE here? Thank u for comin by. I REST MY CASE ON THIS MATA!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
morenitemi:
Good day all, pls. I applied for post graduate bsn nursing at the university of Saskatchewan, but I was told I needed to do some prerequisites before I can be offered post graduate nursing, so I applied for the prerequisites and I was offered admission for Sept fall. When I got the admission letter it stated that I have been offered a 4yrs course in art and sciences in which I called them to ask why 4 years since the prerequisites will be offered in a term and the post graduate bsn nursing is just 2yrs. I was told the 4yrs is better to be on a safer. Pls I need advice on how to go about my application in oder not to be rejected since my first degree is in public administration and my first job was as a customer service in a hotel and my last job was as a flight attendant with an international airline outside nig( note as a flight attendant I have been intensively trained to handle first aid and delivery on board.) I resigned as a first class business crew and I have visited slot of countries. I resigned last yr and am on maternity presently in Nigeria . Thanks.
yes,that how dey do it in Saskatchewan. Those pre-requisites are included in the program.most times they give admission for 4 years in biology. Now it risky cos after completion those courses there is no guarantee into nursing especially as an international student... They offer citizens and Permanent resident admission first and have very few seats for foreign students.so weigh your options well so u not stuck with a course u never wanted in the first place.best regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Vblossom: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
Good evening all.
I have been offered conditional admission in Selkirk College, CA to do PGD. I am told to pay my tuition fee before unconditional admission letter will be given to me for VISA Application. Should I go ahead to pay at least half?
Also,
I am having challenge finding a sponsor not reli to give me a dime but with substantial cash to act as one. naira landers is there anyway I can get a sponsor? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by morenitemi: 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2016
vancouverguy:
yes,that how dey do it in Saskatchewan. Those pre-requisites are included in the program.most times they give admission for 4 years in biology. Now it risky cos after completion those courses there is no guarantee into nursing especially as an international student... They offer citizens and Permanent resident admission first and have very few seats for foreign students.so weigh your options well so u not stuck with a course u never wanted in the first place.best regards.

Thanks Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kife(m): 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dear Friends in Christ, on this most holy night when our Lord Jesus Christ passed from death to life, the church invites her children throughout the world to come together in vigil and prayer. This is the passover of the Lord: if we honor the memory of his death and resurrection by hearing his word and celebrating his mysteries, then we are confident that we shall share his victory over death and live with him forever in God.
May this night bring the hoped for TRV's.

Happy easter all.

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ritilicious(f): 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
@Zoloex
I applied to UBC for fall 2016 and i've gotten a reply since beginning of dis month. I am goin 4 Masters of Library n Info Sc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 12:14am On Mar 27, 2016
ritilicious:
@Zoloex
I applied to UBC for fall 2016 and i've gotten a reply since beginning of dis month. I am goin 4 Masters of Library n Info Sc
Did u succeed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Akukpim: 1:52am On Mar 27, 2016
Jlakeside:

What programme are you going for at BU?.. Also a BU aspirant..

Rural Development
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Akukpim: 1:56am On Mar 27, 2016
vancouverguy:
your case is both simple and complex at the same time.here is my suggestion. As per the 1 million from your friend, if he can write a letter that he wants to invest that in your education and under no circumstances do u have to repay him back that should work.(that what happens when they get mortgages too,he can say he loves how devoted u are to your ambition,he just wants to help in his own way).as per the Banker's cx,u just don't want to put anyone as a support that has no relationship to u in any way...u have to put out a link to u...and y dey want to help or else they might think u just talked any body in nii cos d person has money but dey not really interested to assist. Same applies to your Godfather ...u need to be able to show the line that connect u both no just that he wants to help cos he wants to help.as for your lands,get a valuation for all..to show u have assets and apart from that...some people are refused cos they don't prove they will return after studies,your properties might just convince the officer that u won't abandon all this to seat in Canada ... So it may help u.now that my own opinion... U can decide to throw all these people in without providing any relationship to u ..it's your call.

Thanks for the advice. I just pray this works out. Maybe throwing them all in is not a bad idea too. I heard the CA visa processing doesnt take time if done right.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Akukpim: 2:00am On Mar 27, 2016
steffans:

Have u tried to see if the department you are going to give scholarships?
Bcuz with ur cgpa na straight scholarship..

Goodluck!

I will look into that too. Besides, the tuition seems to be on the low side, wouldn't know if such provision would be available.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by steffans(m): 5:19am On Mar 27, 2016
Akukpim:

I will look into that too. Besides, the tuition seems to be on the low side, wouldn't know if such provision would be available.

No matter how low their tuition is..
They have a way of reducing the burden when it comes to tuition.. It's not like in Nigeria.. Where our Universities hardly give scholarships.

Why I'm advising u on that is bcuz u won't have a problem when it comes to a sponsor and ur visa will be given to u.. Like in no time..

I wish you good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bombman: 10:17am On Mar 27, 2016
Anyone going to MUN this summer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zoloex: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2016
@ritilicious
I am awaiting their response.I applied for an Meng masters tho.hopefully I am granted*fingers crossed*

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.