Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040797 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mekurexx: 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
hello House. Quick question pls.

For a school that requires GPA for last two years (60 hrs) of the applicant undergrad, Does IT GPA Count? My entire 300l second semester was for IT and I scored an A (5.0) Will that be counted when calculating the last 2 years grades ? Thanks
School in mind: Uni of Manitoba

Cc shollay2011
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TULLOP: 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
To God be the glory.Am sorry for sharing my testimony quite late.I've been very busy prepariing to travel and settling down but I felt I should share my testimony since ya'll were part of me when the going was tough.
Application date:June 17
Medicals:august 23
Approval mail:Sept 11
Passport avail for pickup: Sept 22
Got to canny:Sept 25
Paper Route
It wasn't a easy experience for me as I was worried because a lot of people we applied together got theirs earlier than I did but at the end God showed mercy.
Today is my first day in sch.Honestly Canny is a nice place to be.
To all expcting trv I wish you Gods Favor and mercy all tru.
Special Thnks to everyone that answered my questions,took time to reply my Pm's.you always give me comfort when I thought cic has ignored me because of the late responses I got from them.God Bless and make all your dreams come true.
Cc:Sholay2011,cc Judnele,cc NaD720

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by benefe: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
TULLOP:
To God be the glory.Am sorry for sharing my testimony quite late.I've been very busy prepariing to travel and settling down but I felt I should share my testimony since ya'll were part of me when the going was tough.
Paper Route
It wasn't a easy experience for me as I was worried because a lot of people we applied together got theirs earlier than I did but at the end God showed mercy.
Special Thnks to everyone that answered my questions,took time to reply my Pm's.you always give me comfort when I thought cic has ignored me because of the late responses I got from them.God Bless and make all your dreams come true.

congratulations. I tap into the blessings oooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
Tullop, Congratulations!

""Though it tarries, wait for it, it will definitely come, it will not delay""
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
What is the prospect of getting job in NOVA SCOTIA province? does any one know about there job PROSPECT, as one of your brother I mean me myself, about to complete Dalhousie university and pay for application fee

You responds is highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lexo22(m): 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
My people God bless you all for the help you people are rendering here.
please and please I need someone to help me on these issues,
I want to apply for Study permit, so while I was filling the form I got to where it asked thus, .....
Cost of study will be,
Tuition (I quoted the tuition)
Funds available for my stay= (I don't know what to feel here) ......
Also I need statement of purpose and refrence letter format (my elder brother is my sponsor).
lexo213323@gmail.com is my email address

thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
TULLOP:
Paper Route
Congratulations o!!!! Welcome to Canny. May you reap the best fruits of the land.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
congratulation
TULLOP:
Paper Route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kushner(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
Thanks thesoj. actually I just want to do my masters, not the medical school program, because I have done already.
thesoj:
@domex007, medicine is a second degree in Canada, which means that for the most part you can only apply to medical school after you get your BSc. To find out more, a quick Google search will do you some good.

@kushner, same advice as above to you. Please closely acquaint yourself with Google. smiley

deedee0, lol @ the shoutout. As far as I know, all the info provided in your post is right. @domex007 and @kushner will be able to find the right info quickly with some Google searches... info on medical education in Canada is all online and is very well organized.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by doubled123(m): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
I studied Marine Sciences in Unilag. Applied for MSc. Animal Science. Its complete deviation I know but I like the course.
why did you ask??

jayooh:
What course did you study at unilag? What course did you apply for at UoM?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by benefe: 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
Please is there anyone studying doctorate.need to ask you some questions.
thanks.
@ JUST WISE or someone like just wise smiley please I need someone to read my SOP, just want to start writing it ,don't want to wait for last minute.
kindly leave ur email address.
thanks
Some one please answer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
Godymn:
Dear All,

Please, if I want to notarize documents I will be sending to Canada, how do I go about it and what's the cost?

Please, advise.

***Appreciate***

Look for a notary public, not sure there's a fixed price, it all depends on the notary public. I can hook you up with one if you reside in Ibadan. But I don't think a notary public is hard to find anyway.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by doubled123(m): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
Thank you so much. I have done that

metrecube:

Its not as that difficult to get a supervisor. Check the research area of the professors and doctors in your animal science. If you see anyone that his research work correlate with yours, you can mail the supervisor. Since you are going for msc, try and contact doctor or associate professors as many professors are always busy with phd students. But I believe you can still apply while searching for supervisors. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Look for a notary public, not sure there's a fixed price, it all depends on the notary public. I can hook you up with one if you reside in Ibadan. But I don't think a notary public is hard to find anyway.

Thanks for the response.
I dont reside in Ibadan. Stay in Lagos...would have loved to get any around Ikeja axis. Between, the one at Ibadan, like how much do they charge?

Will research though....buh please if you know any around Lagos, do let me know.

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
Avalon316:
Hi thesoj,ayooluwatonii

is it compulsory that I include my payment receipt as part of my application documents for visa. My bank said that it will take them 3 days to source for dollars for me(form A route). Deadline for payment from the school is October 5. Do I go on to submit the other documents without waiting for the payment receipt?

I totally agree with @thesoj. It's better to take your time and give it 1 good shot, than being in a haste and messing it all up. Please just exercise some patience and get the payment receipt.
Not that it is compulsory to pay tuition before applying for SP (in fact CIC don't encourage making any financial commitment until your SP is approved), but in your case, payment deadline is just a week from now, so that may raise one or two questions.......if truly you have the funds you claimed in your application.
I'm not sure, but you should be able to generate your receipt from your student portal/account, even if bank's receipt takes forever. In addition, bank should also provide some paper work to evidence your payment, while you wait for the receipt.......I'm not sure about all these though.
Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ak4christ: 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
God is ever faithful to His words
TRV finally issued
Won't be able to make Fall class
Jan all the way folks
I also pray God will grant everyone still expecting a respond a positive one and we all attain our desire
Thanks to you guys for your contributions

14 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 8:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ak4christ:
TRV finally issued
Jan all the way folks
I also pray God will grant everyone still expecting a respond a positive one and we all attain our desire
When did you apply please.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
Many of the recent questions on this thread have been repeatedly answered over the last month, including your question about where to find a notary in Lagos. This trend is not good, as it devalues the thread if the same information is repeated every fifteen pages.

In any case, the answer to your question is easy to find. Either use Google to search through this thread, or look through posts from the past month in Part 9.

Do a google search of [notarize document lagos "travelling to canada part 9" site:www.nairaland.com] without the square brackets and the answer is in the first few search results.

No offense intended, it just hurts to see that all the information repeatedly and recently provided on here is not being put to good use. It is discouraging. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything... just stating the facts. Pls don't be offended.

Godymn:
Thanks for the response.
I dont reside in Ibadan. Stay in Lagos...would have loved to get any around Ikeja axis. Between, the one at Ibadan, like how much do they charge?

Will research though....buh please if you know any around Lagos, do let me know.

***Appreciate***

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lexo22(m): 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ak4christ:
TRV finally issued
Jan all the way folks

congratulations!
please I need you to help me on these issues,
I want to apply for Study permit, so while I was filling the form I got to where it asked thus, .....
Cost of study will be,
Also I need statement of purpose and refrence letter format (my elder brother is my sponsor).
thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
thesoj:
Many of the recent questions on this thread have been repeatedly answered over the last month, including your question about where to find a notary in Lagos. This trend is not good, as it devalues the thread if the same information is repeated every fifteen pages.

In any case, the answer to your question is easy to find. Either use Google to search through this thread, or look through posts from the past month in Part 9.

Do a google search of [notarize document lagos "travelling to canada part 9" site:www.nairaland.com] without the square brackets and the answer is in the first few search results.

No offense intended, it just hurts to see that all the information repeatedly and recently provided on here is not being put to good use. It is discouraging. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything... just stating the facts. Pls don't be offended.

Really true. You don try.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by NaD720: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
Lexo22:

congratulations!
Cost of study will be,
thank you.

Stop repeating the question answered already unless you will be banned by Mods on here! You need to read back to pages 7 through 8 before you'd find the answers! Frankly speaking, people get tired of answering questions already answered! No offense here bro!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ok, how ws it ve u done urs??
ajaereogechi:
. They said they don't book appointment is just to go dere.i am goint to imo too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
TULLOP:
Paper Route

Congrats I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I totally agree with @thesoj. It's better to take your time and give it 1 good shot, than being in a haste and messing it all up. Please just exercise some patience and get the payment receipt.
Not that it is compulsory to pay tuition before applying for SP (in fact CIC don't encourage making any financial commitment until your SP is approved), but in your case, payment deadline is just a week from now, so that may raise one or two questions.......if truly you have the funds you claimed in your application.
I'm not sure, but you should be able to generate your receipt from your student portal/account, even if bank's receipt takes forever. In addition, bank should also provide some paper work to evidence your payment, while you wait for the receipt.......I'm not sure about all these though.
Good luck

My biggest fear is that my sponsor's statement of account is 8 days old. I heard that it is better used as soon as it is made available. Should I be worried? And I just started processing the school fees payment . By the time the bank will be be done with their form A wahala,the statement of account would be 14 days old or so.

Guys,help me o.

thesoj
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
This question has been answered over and over in previous pages of this thread, even in this short Part 9! Also, the answer is in Form IMM5832E which I believe you will be submitting with your app (assuming paper route). Read read read! Don't be lazy, no offense. The ability to find information will be critical to your success in Canada.

If after reading IMM5832E, you still don't understand, then come back here to ask a more informed question.

Avalon316:
My biggest fear is that my sponsor's statement of account is 8 days old. I heard that it is better used as soon as it is made available. Should I be worried? And I just started processing the school fees payment . By the time the bank will be be done with their form A wahala,the statement of account would be 14 days old or so.

Guys,help me o.

thesoj

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Shebol01: 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
No worries bro. Your statement is still acceptable within 4-6weeks before app submission I believe. They(the V.Os) also understand that the timings need not be perfect. Everyone is busy, your sponsors are expected to be busy people so they can get the SOA for you when it's convenient. Go ahead with your app as fast as possible without compromising it's quality/credibility. Wait for your fee receipt nd then fire!. #MyCandidAdvice.

Avalon316:

Guys,help me o.

thesoj
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Supermum: 3:16am On Sep 29, 2015
benefe:
Please is there anyone studying doctorate.need to ask you some questions.
thanks.
@ JUST WISE or someone like just wise smiley please I need someone to read my SOP, just want to start writing it ,don't want to wait for last minute.
kindly leave ur email address.
thanks
Some one please answer.
I'm studying for a PhD. You can ask your questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 3:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Supermum:

I'm studying for a PhD. You can ask your questions.
Madam how you dey? Na the same UofM we dey? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ak4christ: 6:06am On Sep 29, 2015
I applied first in May was refused based and fund paper application then I left a lot of my financial statement back thinking what I provided was enough
Then reapplied June 26 and bio 30 of June and was called for medical August 8 and TRV and approval 18th

Lexo22:
I will try send them before the end of the day pls
Lexo22:

congratulations!
Cost of study will be,
thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 6:10am On Sep 29, 2015
Fund available will be rent plus miscellaneous expenses. To be at the safe side take rent to be $1000 and other expenses to be $350 per month then multiply it by the number of months your program will cover.

Lexo22:
My people God bless you all for the help you people are rendering here.
please and please I need someone to help me on these issues,
Cost of study will be,

thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 6:18am On Sep 29, 2015
Don't get angry lots of these guys are new they just started following you can guide them through. No offense here also.

NaD720:

Stop repeating the question answered already unless you will be banned by Mods on here! You need to read back to pages 7 through 8 before you'd find the answers! Frankly speaking, people get tired of answering questions already answered! No offense here bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.