Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1045572 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by HartIse(m): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
Thanks Sholay2011, You are right brother, I will do more research and get back. As regards my last two semesters... Not really encouraging, I managed to hit the 3.5/5 mark, I was really sick during my exams. But my 400 level was about 4.3 though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2015
HartIse:
Thanks Sholay2011, You are right brother, I will do more research and get back. As regards my last two semesters... Not really encouraging, I managed to hit the 3.5/5 mark, I was really sick during my exams. But my 400 level was about 4.3 though.
That's no problem. It is still quite okay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mikel88: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
mikel88:
Good day house, please I submitted my application on 10th September, but up till now no acknowledgement or any mail from VFS that my documents has been dispatched. I apply via paper route. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
montrealer:
Did you get a request for medicals? Cost depends on where you do it 28k IOM, 40k in Abuja.
They don't check the genotype so you should be fine (though your hemoglobin might give it away). Just be positive and hope for the best.
You'll most likely have to defer because it takes on average 2 weeks after medicals to receive passport with TRV.

Lol. It was 48k in Abuja when I did mine.

And it's just Abuja Clinics, Maitama that CIC accepts for Canada medical exams in ABUJA.

20k difference. Choi!!! angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
It is totally fine to email different supervisors in the same department, so long as you customized the emails to each recipient.

Have you considered calling any supervisors you strongly would like to do research with. This last-resort approach could also work, but would require you to be really prepared for what to say.

Sjvictor21:

Thank you bro. I believe my emails are quite ok. My fear is, would it be any problem if i send a different mails to supervisors in the same department?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kinibigdeal(m): 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
hamzy4real come in!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
mikel88:
Good day house, please I submitted my application on 10th September, but up till now no acknowledgement or any mail from VFS that my documents has been dispatched. I apply via paper route. Thank you.
simply use the tracking number on your VFS receipt to track your application on the VFS website that is the means of knowing application status for paper applicants.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
You may go through the links in this post to get started on finding schools and more. If you still feel lost after going through the hyperlinked post, then start reading from page 1 of Part 8, and read at least 100 straight pages. Good things don't always come easy, but you will thank yourself after doing the reading as it will help you gain significant insight into the process. You can come back to ask questions once you are done with the recommended reading.

Also, don't forget that Google is your friend.
remioshy:
Hello Everyone

I want to pursue admission for a graduate program in Canada, any suggestions or signpost me pls.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mikel88: 4:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
teesboy:

simply use the tracking number on your VFS receipt to track your application on the VFS website that is the means of knowing application status for paper applicants.
thank you bro. But I heard a mail must be send that your application has been dispatched regardless of your route and I didn't receive any. Please share more light on this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkygrace(f): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
thesoj:
You may go through the links in this post to get started on finding schools and more. If you still feel lost after going through the hyperlinked post, then start reading from page 1 of Part 8, and read at least 100 straight pages. Good things don't always come easy, but you will thank yourself after doing the reading as it will help you gain significant insight into the process. You can come back to ask questions once you are done with the recommended reading.

Also, don't forget that Google is your friend.

i just sent you a pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oluseyiman: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
@ mikel88 ,you can check your spam mesg for the acknowledgment mail Or track ur status online.
All the best!!!
Cheers .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
I've responded.

Pinkygrace:
i just sent you a pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mikel88: 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oluseyiman:
@ mikel88 ,you can check your spam mesg for the acknowledgment mail Or track ur status online.
All the best!!!
Cheers .
nothing in my spam. But will track it online. Thank you I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
Thanks, yea I gt medical call, and which 1 is IOM?? Cos I will like to go as soon as possible...thanks

montrealer:
Did you get a request for medicals? Cost depends on where you do it 28k IOM, 40k in Abuja.
They don't check the genotype so you should be fine (though your hemoglobin might give it away). Just be positive and hope for the best.
You'll most likely have to defer because it takes on average 2 weeks after medicals to receive passport with TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
=thesoj ,montrealer etc

Sup bro,
Please I need your help urgently. My sponsor just indicated in the letter that he is my guardian as the relationship between us. No previous pics of us together but I might have to take one tomorrow. Would there be any issue since he didn't state reasons why he is sponsoring me?

Secondly, is it compulsory that I include the data page of his international passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Cr22424: 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Good day fellas. Pls I need urgent help and advice.

I intend to go to apply to Nait or/and Sait with my Olevel. I keep seeing where they ask for transcripts. And I read through this forum and saw people saying it's tuff getting into these institutions. My questions are these

1. Do secondary schools in Nigeria issue transcripts?
2. are there any other schools that are as good but easier to get into
3. Has anyone here succeed in getting admitted.

Please I know these questions might have already been answered but I searched and couldn't find the answers. So pls bear with me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
VickyRotex:

Lol. It was 48k in Abuja when I did mine.

And it's just Abuja Clinics, Maitama that CIC accepts for Canada medical exams.

20k difference. Choi!!! angry
. Hey does it mean that wen I do medical in lagos cic won't accept it? Isit only matama that u can pass the medical?i'm confuse here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
Pls I heard it's only when u go to abuja clinics that's when cic will accept the medical.isit true
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
ajaereogechi:
. Hey does it mean that wen I do medical in lagos cic won't accept it? Isit only matama that u can pass the medical?i'm confuse here

Hey, don't be confused. I meant, that's the only hospital CIC accepts for medical exams in ABUJA!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
ajaereogechi:
Pls I heard it's only when u go to abuja clinics that's when cic will accept the medical.isit true

Take a chill pill please. Common!

You asked a question , I'm yet to reply, and you already saying something you aint sure of.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Misspee106: 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
To d gurus in the house. Do you need to submit your passport copy when applying for online route. I guess the consulate will request for it if they want to grant your permit.

I have an important trip to make and i dont want my passport to get stuck with the consulate for over 2 months.

Please advise.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
For online route, u don't need to submit ur passport only a scanned copy of ur data page u need to upload. Consulate will request for ur passport if visa is granted
Misspee106:
To d gurus in the house. Do you need to submit your passport copy when applying for online route. I guess the consulate will request for it if they want to grant your permit.

I have an important trip to make and i dont want my passport to get stuck with the consulate for over 2 months.

Please advise.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
Misspee106:

Please advise.

Thanks
Online application route does not require you to submit your international passport (Hard Copy), all you need to do is scan your international passport ensure it does not exceed 4MB and attach the scanned copy in the appropriate section in your MyCIC account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Misspee106: 11:49pm On Sep 25, 2015
teesboy:

Online application route does not require you to submit your international passport (Hard Copy), all you need to do is scan your international passport ensure it does not exceed 4MB and attach the scanned copy in the appropriate section in your MyCIC account.

OK thank you so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Blackkie: 12:04am On Sep 26, 2015
Abeg Omooba, can you offer me an outlook of such a break down?
I will be glad - Thanks
phortizoltd@yahoo.com

omooba2015:

Yea, use the figure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 12:20am On Sep 26, 2015
sholay2011:

From this post, I assume you're going for law. @bosabby on NL can help.

I will need you assistance as I intend applying for Power systems and Energy in the Uni of Man... Getting an Academic Supervisor have proved abortive... Kindly advice on what to do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:31am On Sep 26, 2015
I'm not exactly sure if I know the exact answer. But, any picture is better than no other documentation of the relationship I guess.

Also, your sponsor should state why he is sponsoring you. If he doesn't, I'm afraid you are risking the VO's skepticism. You might wanna redraft the letter (with his authorization) to be what you want, and then have him sign it (he can modify before signing if needed).

Also, since he is not your parent or family member, he should definitely do an Affidavit of Support for you. These VOs know that Naija applicants are full of tricks and you don't want them to think that the "sponsor" will not indeed sponsor you. Many applicants get delayed for this reason.

Further, if you are above 22 years old I'm almost certain that your sponsor's claim that he is your guardian (as the sole reason for sponsorship) will not fly! A grown man does not need a guardian in the eyes of the VO (unless you can prove that as a child he was your legal guardian or adopted parent or maybe godfather... to prove this, you could include any documentation showing that he paid your school fees or other expenses in the past. This would considerably bolster his claim of sponsoring you). In any case, I'd suggest your sponsor make a subtle yet clear and convincing case on why he is sponsoring you.

He could also/alternatively discuss any family connections you guys have and maybe even how he would benefit from sponsoring you (for instance, maybe he has a business that could use your skillset when you come back). He could also talk about a favor your dad or grandpa or anyone did for him, and that he wants to pay it forward (assuming this is truly the case). Have him think of something that is convincing enough of why he wants to sponsor you... I'm sure you know why he wants to sponsor you... just make sure that reason is credibly stated in the letter. Best.

About the passport thingy, its probably not compulsory if you include other documents about your sponsor that directly or indirectly proves his identity.

iykedare:
=thesoj ,montrealer etc

Sup bro,
Please I need your help urgently. My sponsor just indicated in the letter that he is my guardian as the relationship between us. No previous pics of us together but I might have to take one tomorrow. Would there be any issue since he didn't state reasons why he is sponsoring me?

Secondly, is it compulsory that I include the data page of his international passport?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 2:08am On Sep 26, 2015
ceemac:

I will need you assistance as I intend applying for Power systems and Energy in the Uni of Man... Getting an Academic Supervisor have proved abortive... Kindly advice on what to do
Maybe you should consider other schools?

I assume getting an academic supervisor is a requirement in your intended department? If you are sure you have exhausted almost all options of getting one at UofM, consider other Canadian schools that offer your course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 2:37am On Sep 26, 2015
gURUS IN THE house, does anybody has any useful info on Brandon University cos no body seems to be talking abt it. i actually wana apply to Brandon, Mcgill and Toronto my Cgpa is 3.88 buh i tink my Gpa for year 4 is 4.02 buh not sure of year 3. pleASE HELP A BRO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 6:24am On Sep 26, 2015
Going to Mcgill and UToronto... Its a lot of competition getting into those 2 schs as they are the to 2 schs in canada for now. Not saying u can't get them, but you would need to have a very strong academic stand, a very good purpose of intent, and a nice referee, majorly from ur supervisor in school, or a prof that taught u while in sch. I made a first class, and was not admitted at McGill, same wit anoda friend of mine, first class, and was rejected at first at UToronto. So, you need someting special, just as stated above to get this 2 schs. All d best

Giov:
gURUS IN THE house, does anybody has any useful info on Brandon University cos no body seems to be talking abt it. i actually wana apply to Brandon, Mcgill and Toronto my Cgpa is 3.88 buh i tink my Gpa for year 4 is 4.02 buh not sure of year 3. pleASE HELP A BRO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iammartinzo(m): 6:30am On Sep 26, 2015
Wow! May the almighty God help you guys.... I didn't do half of what I have been reading here and I got my visa approved.... I believe its just God. All those affidavit and all are just formalities to me. They already know that our legal system is weak.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.