Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038042 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 11:37am On Aug 31, 2015
olageeee:
Gm aous,

My application still says processing at canada visa office...resumption date sep 9...am jst hanging hre ooo

no medical mail noting has changed...still processing yi no ni,.. should I differ my admission till jan? please who has encounter this kind of issue in the house?

what do you think people in this situation should do?when school resumes and one hasnot gotten a TRV OR DENIAL...please enlighten a broda...chill pill nor work again slf...oluwa is involved finally #
When did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olageeee(m): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2015
July 14th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
olageeee:
July 14th
You applied a little late make I no lie; but chills, you'd get your medical call up before the end of the week, and if you don't contact both the embassy and the school for a deferral if possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yusuf000000: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
olageeee:
Gm aous,
Hello broda we are d same ooo, i submitted my app on 16 june ans since ten av nt heard anythin from them sch resumes today and av paid half tution fee am just confused cos i dont know what next to do
My application still says processing at canada visa office...resumption date sep 9...am jst hanging hre oo

no medical mail noting has changed...still processing yi no ni,.. should I differ my admission till jan? please who has encounter this kind of issue in the house?

what do you think people in this situation should do?when school resumes and one hasnot gotten a TRV OR DENIAL...please enlighten a broda...chill pill nor work again slf...oluwa is involved finally #
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayoshyne(m): 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
lexyj123:
hello house, just want to reconfirm if cic now takes photocopy of docs as against originals in the past.

Yes they collect photocopies presently, except for admission and acceptance letters, bank statements which are originals.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Torishe(f): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheBae:
Yes, attach a copy of the invitation card and flight itinerary
LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Hi TheBae

Just as I was about sending a mail to CIC this morning I got a mail from them requesting for my dad's passport. Thank you so much. The passport will be taken to the VFS office tomorrow but how long will it take to get it back?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by charlesbailey(m): 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
part 9??.. more like the second season of the series LOST.. Help!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
Yay! Great! It should take about a week -/+, I did paper route for my folks so I'm not speaking from experience
Torishe:

Hi TheBae

Just as I was about sending a mail to CIC this morning I got a mail from them requesting for my dad's passport. Thank you so much. The passport will be taken to the VFS office tomorrow but how long will it take to get it back?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bosypumpin: 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
So, this morning, i got a maill from CIC, application refused.

I immediately sent a mail to my school UofM & UBC (though i prefer Uof M) requesting that my admission be deferred till next Fall.

Reasons for Denial:
_ Travel history
_ Purpose of visit

Lots of Love to all the very friendly though unknown faces, I appreciate you guys
especially Team 12 & Midnightparis aka Sholly 2011, you are both my forerunners, I WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR & WE SHALL CHOP YOUR GRADUATION chops together.

I"m running back to my legal practice, be right back next year.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Torishe(f): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheBae:
Yay! Great! It should take about a week -/+, I did paper route for my folks so I'm not speaking from experience

Yeaaah that's fairly Okay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hi VickyRotex,

Always nice to see someone coming to Montreal. Make CIC stamp your TRV quick quick, Sept 8 is round the corner.
PM'ed you. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

VickyRotex:

School: Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by deedee0: 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
berexio1:
Will try and ask when I get there. Did you get my pm though?
I also asked for mine at Consultant Practice, and I wasn't given..
Maybe it's just that particular testing centre.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
bosypumpin:

I immediately sent a mail to my school UofM & UBC (though i prefer Uof M) requesting that my admission be deferred till next Fall.

Reasons for Denial:
_ Travel history
_ Purpose of visit

Lots of Love to all the very friendly though unknown faces, I appreciate you guys
especially Team 12 & Midnightparis aka Sholly 2011, you are both my forerunners, I WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR & WE SHALL CHOP YOUR GRADUATION chops together.

This is really heartbreaking. CIC no try at all. It is well. Love your spirit. We will surely see next year lagbara olorun.

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. ..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
montrealer:
Hi VickyRotex,

Always nice to see someone coming to Montreal. Make CIC stamp your TRV quick quick, Sept 8 is round the corner.

Yes o!

Thank you Montrealer. I'll reply you shortly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by einsteino(m): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
hey concordia folks. what is the tution range for masters at concordia. i am finding it hard making sense out of what they posted on their website. no vex, e fit be poverty wey dey worry me. for engineering it says total year is 19,713 dollars and total is 26,700dollars. if this is correct, does that mean in the second year, am to pay only the balance of 7000dollars?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tnuola(f): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
[b] LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL -SEPT 2015) and (WINTER - 2016)

1. easyxtan: Jun 1, Vancouver Island Uni MBA Online MEDICALS
2. midnightinParis: jun 4, U of M, MSC Online TRV
3. David2: jun 4, Conestoga, PDG paper
4. fraque192: jun 4, Selkirk , Diploma Paper
5.. Ahyotomiwa: Jun 5, U of R, M.A.SC Paper MEDICALS
6 Richcasey: Jun 5, Conestoga PDG Online
7. Justicia: Jun 7, York Uni Msc (LL.M) Online TRV
8. JohnsonIyere: Jun 8, Lambton, PDG Paper
9. Jessicajessa: Jun8, Seneca, PDG Online TRV
10. bosypumpin: Jun 12, U of M (LL.M) ; Online delayed
11. Adeomopo: Jun 12, Paper MEDICALS
12. AriseOcompatrot: Jun 13, U of V, PG, Online MEDICALS
13. Opessy: jun 15, Dalhouse M.eng online MEDICALS
14. 7teen: jun 15 U of R, M.ASC online
15. Cherokee: june 16, MSC, online MEDICALS
16 Louisilva : june 24: Niagara, Paper PG
17.Santohfilz: june 25th, UG, paper TRV
18. TempusQ: June 26, Humber, PGC, Paper(Upfront Medicals) delayed,
19. Mykel12: june 30, MUN, MSC, Online MEDICALS
20. Ayooluwatoni: june 30, MUN, MSC, Paper. MEDICALS
21. Vinegar: July 3rd (upfront medicals) PGD,MUN, Paper
22. gabrola: july 27, MUN MA, online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information :
**Submission date
**Institution
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study.
BEST WISHES

UPDATED[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
montrealer:
Hi VickyRotex,

u just dey hustle babes...hahaha.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
tnuola:
[b] LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL -SEPT 2015) and (WINTER - 2016)

1. easyxtan: Jun 1, Vancouver Island Uni MBA Online MEDICALS
2. midnightinParis: jun 4, U of M, MSC Online TRV
3. David2: jun 4, Conestoga, PDG paper
4. fraque192: jun 4, Selkirk , Diploma Paper
5.. Ahyotomiwa: Jun 5, U of R, M.A.SC Paper MEDICALS
6 Richcasey: Jun 5, Conestoga PDG Online
7. Justicia: Jun 7, York Uni Msc (LL.M) Online TRV
8. JohnsonIyere: Jun 8, Lambton, PDG Paper
9. Jessicajessa: Jun8, Seneca, PDG Online TRV
10. bosypumpin: Jun 12, U of M (LL.M) ; Online delayed
11. Adeomopo: Jun 12, Paper MEDICALS
12. AriseOcompatrot: Jun 13, U of V, PG, Online MEDICALS
13. Opessy: jun 15, Dalhouse M.eng online MEDICALS
14. 7teen: jun 15 U of R, M.ASC online
15. Cherokee: june 16, MSC, online MEDICALS
16 Louisilva : june 24: Niagara, Paper PG
17.Santohfilz: june 25th, UG, paper TRV
18. TempusQ: June 26, Humber, PGC, Paper(Upfront Medicals) delayed,
19. Mykel12: june 30, MUN, MSC, Online MEDICALS
20. Ayooluwatoni: june 30, MUN, MSC, Paper. MEDICALS
21. Vinegar: July 3rd (upfront medicals) PGD,MUN, Paper
22. gabrola: july 27, MUN MA, online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information :
**Submission date
**Institution
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study.
BEST WISHES

UPDATED[/b]

Bolajibreeze June 22 Niagara college, UnGrad; medicals paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gedtalks(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please advice:

I applied for study permit for fall start session somewhat late (I applied on July 24; the school resumes on September 8 ). I am scared it might be not be processed before the school resumption date. Therefore I am considering deferring my admission till winter (January 2016).

If I defer my admission from fall to winter, will I still be required to do an entirely new study permit application for this purpose? or will they accept to withhold my application till If I obtain a new admission letter; it will take 6 weeks to obtain a new letter of admission for winter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
bosypumpin:

Reasons for Denial:
_ Travel history
_ Purpose of visit

Since june 12! CIC dey mahd o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
And now the school is mailing me to select timetable, how am I supposed to trust CIC now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennykentipsy: 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
bolajibreeze:

Bolajibreeze June 22 Niagara college, UnGrad; medicals paper

Niagara?? am also at st Catherines if ur TRV comes early enough can help u with accommodation affordable

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
kennykentipsy:

Niagara?? am also at st Catherines if ur TRV comes early enough can help u with accommodation affordable
Baba let it come early o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gedtalks(m): 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
Bolaji how can I go about deferring? I already did upfront medical too. will I need to send a new study permit application when my new admission letter is out? (pls note that it will take 6 weeks to obtain a new letter of admission from the school)

bolajibreeze:

You applied a little late make I no lie; but chills, you'd get your medical call up before the end of the week, and if you don't contact both the embassy and the school for a deferral if possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
gedtalks:
Bolaji how can I go about deferring? I already did upfront medical too. will I need to send a new study permit application when my new admission letter is out? (pls note that it will take 6 weeks to obtain a new letter of admission from the school)

No oo, just contact the school. Mail them for a deferral.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Gamboh55(m): 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
gedtalks:
Please advice:

I applied for study permit for fall start session somewhat late (I applied on July 24; the school resumes on September 8 ). I am scared it might be not be processed before the school resumption date. Therefore I am considering deferring my admission till winter (January 2016).

If I defer my admission from fall to winter, will I still be required to do an entirely new study permit application for this purpose? or will they accept to withhold my application till If I obtain a new admission letter; it will take 6 weeks to obtain a new letter of admission for winter.
If it's a two year program, no need to worry just defer but make sure d school sends u a new admission letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please guys...I need your help on this.
I have this serious question on my admission processing. I have been issued admission for post graduate diploma at
seneca college, ontario starting by January, 2016. But on
the admission letter, it was stated that i should pay 6,765 CAD which is part of my tuition, then after that i should apply for my study permit. The issue now is my sponsor
won't give me that money until he sees that i have been
granted visa to travel against that January. my question now is that, can i still go on to submit my study permit without paying the part payment that was stated on
the second page of my admission letter

It was also stated that the due date is 9th of october, 2015. Does that mean if i submit my application this week, the due date on the offer letter doesn't matter because i know the due date is meant for the tuition part payment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bykomartin: 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
sholay2011:

Have you checked that you meet the minimum requirements of your intended course of study? If yes, have you mailed the graduate advisor of your department to inquire about admission, funding et al.?

Note: I didn't even do these first two steps I just mentioned but that doesn't mean they're a waste of time.

Then, you can start gathering your documents: Graduate certificate (if you're going for Masters), Statement of purpose/intent/motivation (C'est la meme chose), CV, GRE score sheet (I think most departments require GRE), your personal copy of your transcript etc. If you're confident in your chances of admission, you can even ask your school to send your original transcript to them as the first step so that doesn't stall anything when it's eventually requested for.

If you had a quite good CGPA in your undergraduate (especially the last two semesters), ensure you back it up with a passionate, personalised and knowledge-based Statement of Purpose to increase your chances of being considered for the University of Manitoba Graduate Felowship alongside admission.

Those are the points I have for now. It's advisable you mail lecturers whose research interests in your intended course of study coincide with yours to secure a supervisor. Follow the mails with calls if necessary. I have read from NL how getting a supervisor is one of the conditions for admission.

For my department though, you get admitted and choose your supervisor after getting to know them very well. Best wishes.

Please sholay send me the statement of purpose u sent to ajibade

chimartin44@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BeulahHephziba: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
@ Olageeee et al,
My suggestion is contact your school to find out when is the latest time you can register for classes. I guess most schools usually leave a grace of 2 weeks, say around 18th September. If your school is offering you this grace, then all you need to do is to wait patiently to hear from CIC till that period passes. And if there is no show from CIC, you can now ask your school to give a new start date. CIC may or may not ask for this new start date but you need it at the POE.
Cheers mate.

gedtalks:
Please advice:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
To avoid delay on 'purpose of visit', Pls try pay d part tuition since its stated in ur letter.
abbyyzino:
Please guys...I need your help on this.
I have this serious question on my admission processing. I have been issued admission for post graduate diploma at
seneca college, ontario starting by January, 2016. But on
the admission letter, it was stated that i should pay 6,765 CAD which is part of my tuition, then after that i should apply for my study permit. The issue now is my sponsor
won't give me that money until he sees that i have been
granted visa to travel against that January. my question now is that, can i still go on to submit my study permit without paying the part payment that was stated on
the second page of my admission letter

It was also stated that the due date is 9th of october, 2015. Does that mean if i submit my application this week, the due date on the offer letter doesn't matter because i know the due date is meant for the tuition part payment.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tundd80: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pls can someone assist me with SOP.
My study gap is now 6 years, and is really giving me concern
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
Omonjoe:
To avoid delay on 'purpose of visit', Pls try pay d part tuition since its stated in ur letter.
my sponsor will not release such money until they issue the study permit bro, beside the refund policy of the university if the CIC rejects study permit is another issue.
I want to know if there's anyone that got his/her permit without paying the part payment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.