Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,908 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (344414 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Sunnyval: 4:44am On Nov 10, 2020
Plz dear farmer, 2 of my 4 days birds are having bone issue I woke some days back and I noticed they can't work or run around like others. They will just work small and stop. Some there legs are scattered what will be cause and what wil I treat them with
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:05am On Nov 10, 2020
DahOriginal:

weakness always sleeping with head downward, they are also pooing whitish and green pooh

The greenish is it watery or solid
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:09am On Nov 10, 2020
Sunnyval:
What could be the cause of this and what medicine should I use for it. The neck has been twisted for days now

Unfortunately the chances of this neck retiring to normal is very slim , if the birds are many pls isolate this from the rest and treat all with lasota vaccine use syringe to give this one to be sure it takes the vaccine
Good luck
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:10am On Nov 10, 2020
Sunnyval:
Plz dear farmer, 2 of my 4 days birds are having bone issue I woke some days back and I noticed they can't work or run around like others. They will just work small and stop. Some there legs are scattered what will be cause and what wil I treat them with

How old are they , did this scattered legs from from day old and what type of feed are u giving them
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by DahOriginal(m): 7:51am On Nov 10, 2020
noeloge82:

The greenish is it watery or solid
It's neither solid nor watery

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by sokia: 9:51am On Nov 10, 2020
look like nescatle disease
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
DahOriginal:

It's neither solid nor watery

Ok , if after using ur Doctors prescription let me know the situation
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ayodejibtyrbe: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
Please help some of my birds are bleeding... What could be the cause ��

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ayodejibtyrbe:

Bleeding or Pooing Bloods.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ayodejibtyrbe:

angry
Oga, let's discuss about your poultry house environment first.

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ayodejibtyrbe: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
Funjosh:

Bleeding or Pooing Bloods.

Pooing blood oh
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ayodejibtyrbe: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2020
jidestroud:

angry
Oga, let's discuss about your poultry house environment first.

This was this morning before cleaning up there space
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ayodejibtyrbe:

Okay boss.
Let me just go straight to the point, the very cause of the problem is starring you in the face. I will score you very low on hygiene; whether it was before cleaning or after. Simply clean up the deep litter and add enough beddings. Any animal that eats its poop will eventually fall sick. Limit food to faeces contact and you start having healthy birds.

3 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by DahOriginal(m): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2020
noeloge82:

Ok , if after using ur Doctors prescription let me know the situation
At this point I really don't know what to do again after giving them the vets prescription yesterday everything seemed fine till this evening i noticed one still having a symptom so I isolated it after I while I noticed a white pooh so I just killed it.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2020
Sad News. I lost my oldest foreign turkey to the cold hands of death this evening. Very unfortunate.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by IamAsiri: 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2020
jidestroud:
Sad News. I lost my oldest foreign turkey to the cold hands of death this evening. Very unfortunate.

Oh! So sorry cry. Probably died due to old age. Just watch the others if they of the same age or just kill them to eat or sell now. Once again I am so sorry.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ayodejibtyrbe: 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2020
jidestroud:

Sorry for your loss
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
IamAsiri:

Oh! So sorry cry. Probably died due to old age. Just watch the others if they of the same age or just kill them to eat or sell now. Once again I am so sorry.
That has always been my fears with foreign turkeys. To think I was just talking about it some weeks back. It just clocked 9 months plus.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ayodejibtyrbe:

Sorry for your loss
Thanks boss.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
DahOriginal:

At this point I really don't know what to do again after giving them the vets prescription yesterday everything seemed fine till this evening i noticed one still having a symptom so I isolated it after I while I noticed a white pooh so I just killed it.

But u just gave them treatment for 1 day its not a magical solution let's at least tomorrow evening before drawing conclusion

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ayodejibtyrbe:

Truth be told this ur place needs urgent clean up if not cocci will live here freely look at the colours of the broilers I will advice u to pls put wood shaving on the floor it will help u
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2020
jidestroud:

Thanks boss.

Sorry about the loss but remember foreign turkey and broilers are purely designed for meet and fast growth so once they start getting old u have to be watchful for any sudden weakness on their part .
Sometimes u will even need to place then on monthly routine lasota to avoids air borne infections while keeping an eye on their wellbeing
I trust u will replace it will many to come soon
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2020
noeloge82:

Sorry about the loss but remember foreign turkey and broilers are purely designed for meet and fast growth so once they start getting old u have to be watchful for any sudden weakness on their part .
Sometimes u will even need to place then on monthly routine lasota to avoids air borne infections while keeping an eye on their wellbeing
I trust u will replace it will many to come soon
Walahi, you are absolutely correct. It happened so fast that it never crossed my mind that it won't make it. Only sign I noticed this morning was that it didn't run after my when I went to feed it. And when it did come close, it only pecked at the food twice and walked away.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
jidestroud:

Walahi, you are absolutely correct. It happened so fast that it never crossed my mind that it won't make it. Only sign I noticed this morning was that it didn't run after my when I went to feed it. And when it did come close, it only pecked at the food twice and walked away.

We learn everyday although painful but a lesson
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by IamAsiri: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2020
jidestroud:

That has always been my fears with foreign turkeys. To think I was just talking about it some weeks back. It just clocked 9 months plus.

A family member too lost 2 out of 3 of those foreign turkeys when they grew old. Maybe they developed obese-related diseases, I can't really say.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ayodejibtyrbe: 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2020
noeloge82:

Truth be told this ur place needs urgent clean up if not cocci will live here freely look at the colours of the broilers I will advice u to pls put wood shaving on the floor it will help u
Good luck
Thanks alot for your advice I think the cocci is the cause of Thier problem so I already got the wood shavings today.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ayodejibtyrbe: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Good morning house please help I found one of my birds dead this morning, it was bleeding through eyes and nose and mouth till death. I already bought drugs to treat cocci and administered since yesterday . Now I'm shock and scared why one still dies after receiving treatment. Please what can be done?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aysnoopy(m): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2020
Ayodejibtyrbe:
Good morning house please help I found one of my birds dead this morning, it was bleeding through eyes and nose and mouth till death. I already bought drugs to treat cocci and administered since yesterday . Now I'm shock and scared why one still dies after receiving treatment. Please what can be done?

And are u sure no wild animals enter the pen?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 8:35am On Nov 11, 2020
Ayodejibtyrbe:
Sorry about the loss boss. Well, one is rather a fair number to have died (I am being very sincere with you, I expected more) from the picture you sent in. Please continue with the medication while you give them close monitoring. Worry not, their condition will improve with time.

Best of luck to your birds. (By the way, what cocci drug are you administering??)

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by dennisworld1(m): 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
My birds are opening their mouths heavily to breath.. one cant eat..have open all ventilation source but still breathing heavily as if they have cough
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
dennisworld1:
My birds are opening their mouths heavily to breath.. one cant eat..have open all ventilation source but still breathing heavily as if they have cough
Get them Corylsp
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
Why are there so many sick birds these days especially from birds gotten from September till date. I'm tired and I have lost hope.
Birds are just dying anyhow, this is a black market business, chicken will be running, and they dropped dead in the next 2 minutes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.