Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (343516 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Can pkc be fed to Broilers without issues..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
jfkenny:
Can pkc be fed to Broilers without issues..
Yes but it has to be with finisher diet

Read this
Palm Kernel Cake as Substitute for Maize in Broiler Finisher Diet
M. Anaeto, G.O. Chioma and D.J. Omosebi

Abstract: A 56 days feeding experiment was conducted using 48 day-old Arbor Acre chicks that were initially raised on a commercial starter for four weeks, to investigate the effect of feeding up to 30% of Palm Cake (PKC) diet on weight gain, organ weight and cost benefit in broiler finisher.

On the 29th day, the birds were weighed and randomly grouped into four. Each group had 12 birds per treatment. Four diets were formulated with diet 1 as the control while 2, 3 and 4 had increasing levels of PKC 0, 10, 20 and 30% in the finisher phase.

At the end of the experiment, three birds per treatment were slaughtered to compare the internal organs such as the heart, liver, gizzard, spleen and lung.

The results showed there was a significant difference (p<0.05) in the average daily gain in broilers fed 20% PKC diet than other treatments. No mortality was recorded during the experiment.

Feed cost decreased with increasing levels of PKC in the diets. The feeding of PKC had no significant effect in the internal organ weights except for the gizzard in 20% PKC diet which was significantly heavier (p<0.05) than other treatments. It was concluded that 20% PKC could be incorporated in the broiler finisher diet without compromising their performance.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
DogWhisperer:

The female broilers normally have a very short comb while that of their male counterparts are long and more extended from the head. On the issue of laying eggs have seen in one or two cases where female broilers layed eggs and if they where climbed or not I can't really say but they do lay eggs.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Yes but it has to be with finisher diet

Read this
Palm Kernel Cake as Substitute for Maize in Broiler Finisher Diet
M. Anaeto, G.O. Chioma and D.J. Omosebi

Abstract: A 56 days feeding experiment was conducted using 48 day-old Arbor Acre chicks that were initially raised on a commercial starter for four weeks, to investigate the effect of feeding up to 30% of Palm Cake (PKC) diet on weight gain, organ weight and cost benefit in broiler finisher.

On the 29th day, the birds were weighed and randomly grouped into four. Each group had 12 birds per treatment. Four diets were formulated with diet 1 as the control while 2, 3 and 4 had increasing levels of PKC 0, 10, 20 and 30% in the finisher phase.

At the end of the experiment, three birds per treatment were slaughtered to compare the internal organs such as the heart, liver, gizzard, spleen and lung.

The results showed there was a significant difference (p<0.05) in the average daily gain in broilers fed 20% PKC diet than other treatments. No mortality was recorded during the experiment.

Feed cost decreased with increasing levels of PKC in the diets. The feeding of PKC had no significant effect in the internal organ weights except for the gizzard in 20% PKC diet which was significantly heavier (p<0.05) than other treatments. It was concluded that 20% PKC could be incorporated in the broiler finisher diet without compromising their performance.
Thanks for this, my birds normally finish their feed before I even serve them water.. My problem now is whether the pkc is to be soaked in water before serving. How many kg is adequate for 25kg of vital finisher...thanks in advance as this will reduce my cost of production..

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
jfkenny:

Thanks for this, my birds normally finish their feed before I even serve them water.. My problem now is whether the pkc is to be soaked in water before serving. How many kg is adequate for 25kg of vital finisher...thanks in advance as this will reduce my cost of production..
5kg to 25kg...
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by DogWhisperer(m): 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
jfkenny:

5kg to 25kg...
Any idea of cost
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nwabuwa: 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
No, but doubts a kg will be up to 200naira..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
I saw #25 per kg..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
jfkenny:
I saw #25 per kg..
Why
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Why
Why what please, I searched on Nl and found some thread that put the price I quoted.. 1kg ===25naira. Is it costly...
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
jfkenny:

Why what please, I searched on Nl and found some thread that put the price I quoted.. 1kg ===25naira. Is it costly...
Looks too cheap
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 3:51am On Oct 29, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Looks too cheap
I will check today..

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jeckin205: 5:20am On Oct 29, 2016
Op@ can wheat bran be Mixed with commercial broiler feed and feed to broiler chicks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by raphemmanuel(m): 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
jfkenny:

my dear I will advise you not to compromise the vital feed which you have bought with any additional feed ingredients.
Before a feed is been compounded the normal quantity of each ingredients to be use has been calculated and the exact quantity is used in formulating the feed, so any additional quantity of any ingredients included may affect your productivity.

so if you are looking for a means of lessen cost of production you can look for a well defined feed formulation with the adequate nutrients requirement.

3 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
50kg is sold #1700 thus #34 or so per kg....seems pkc has she'll which I don't know how good it will be..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by raphemmanuel(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
jeckin205:
Op@ can wheat bran be Mixed with commercial broiler feed and feed to broiler chicks
my dear don't involve yourself into what you can't bear the consequences, you know December is fast approaching.

feed them with the normal feed you have been feeding them before

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
raphemmanuel:
my dear I will advise you not to compromise the vital feed which you have bought with any additional feed ingredients.
Before a feed is been compounded the normal quantity of each ingredients to be use has been calculated and the exact quantity is used in formulating the feed, so any additional quantity of any ingredients included may affect your productivity.

so if you are looking for a means of lessen cost of production you can look for a well defined feed formulation with the adequat nutrients requirement.
But this is really scary, these birds can finish a bag of feed in a day, they normally finish what I serves them in 20 or 30min. I started with animal care but they are always sneezing while eating the feed, now that I mix the two (vital and animal care) , the sneezing have stopped temporarily. My finding is that they seem not to eat the vital feed unless there is a trace of their previous feed.. Is there any feed that is bigger in size not as big as vital anyway. It seems pkc is used to produce vital feed whereas Maize is used in animal care.. Any advice on the best feed is welcomed..

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by raphemmanuel(m): 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
jfkenny:

But this is really scary, these birds can finish a bag of feed in a day, they normally finish what I serves them in 20 or 30min. I started with animal care but they are always sneezing while eating the feed, now that I mix the two (vital and animal care) , the sneezing have stopped temporarily. My finding is that they seem not to eat the vital feed unless there is a trace of their previous feed.. Is there any feed that is bigger in size not as big as vital anyway. It seems pkc is used to produce vital feed whereas Maize is used in animal care.. Any advice on the best feed is welcomed..
I was once in your shoe, what I did was I switch to Top feed finisher(Mash)
For me vital feed and top feed are very good..

top feed have pelleted and mash, so go for mash

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
raphemmanuel:
I was once in your shoe, what I did was I switch to Top feed finisher(Mash)
For me vital feed and top feed are very good..

top feed have pelleted and mash, so go for mash
Thanks..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by katchycouture(f): 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
Please who knows what this is called and what it is used for... I was asked to buy it and add to their feed.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
Looks like pkc
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by LANDOS4RE4: 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
what are the drugs needde to make brolier grow well before xmas?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
jfkenny:

Thanks..

But why do you need PKC for your chickens? They would be big before christmas anyway.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nwabuwa: 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
kayo80:

But why do you need PKC for your chickens? They would be big before christmas anyway.
They are consuming a lot..

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by katchycouture(f): 8:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
kayo80:

Is this really pkc, I mean the picture I posted earlier

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
nwabuwa:

They are consuming a lot..

Men! I feel you o! Even though my Noilers probably don't consume as much feed as Broilers, it scares me sometimes. I am spending so much money on feeding them...I don't even care about myself anymore...it is all about my birds now. lol!

3 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2016
katchycouture:

Sorry...I have never seen PKC before. I have just been hearing a lot about it here.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by raphemmanuel(m): 1:02am On Oct 30, 2016
katchycouture:

how do you expect us to what exactly that thing is were we can't feel it or smell it.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by katchycouture(f): 6:17am On Oct 30, 2016
raphemmanuel:
how do you expect us to what exactly that thing is were we can't feel it or smell it.

Just say you don't know it and move forward

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 7:45am On Oct 30, 2016
katchycouture:

Just say you don't know it and move forward
Where did u buy it from?
Were u asked to soak before serving?
All in all u should have asked them the name then ask us for confirmation... Happy Sunday
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nwabuwa: 7:47am On Oct 30, 2016
jfkenny:

Where did u buy it from?
Were u asked to soak before serving?
How much did u buy a small bucket size?
All in all u should have asked them the name then ask us for confirmation... Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.