Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,473 members, 7,854,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:15 AM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (347210 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Munzy14(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2017
Turks:
A lot better! Good job smiley
lolz. you can say that again. Broilers, the more u restrict and confine them to the required stocking density the faster the weight gain.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
Turks:
A lot better! Good job smiley

Thank you.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Gbengadaniel: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
Good evening guys.

Please, how do they sell a day-old chicks? Someone told me a carton of 50 could go for 10k, how true is that?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:50am On Nov 07, 2017
Gbengadaniel:
Good evening guys.

Please, how do they sell a day-old chicks? Someone told me a carton of 50 could go for 10k, how true is that?

There is no fixed price this week a carton of 50 is 8000 next week it can come down d more so it's usually a function of demand
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Gbengadaniel: 7:52am On Nov 07, 2017
noeloge82:

There is no fixed price this week a carton of 50 is 8000 next week it can come down d more so it's usually a function of demand

OK, thank you boss
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
I want to ask a question and I'd love good advice. I really enjoyed raising these birds of mine for Christmas sale and it's something I'd love to continue, as in, turn it to a full time thing.

but I'm wondering how to sell? I observe people don't buy fresh chicken on a good day, only during festivities.

please, if you're into this full time, kindly drop some tips. though I know the price off season won't be the same as compared with Christmas sales, but I'm still interested in it.

I'm in Akure BTW.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Liftedbountyman: 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
Good people ,

How are u all. I have been reading everything i can get on how to raise chicken especially broiler. I intend going into it full time from January. For the past 2months i have been googling and reading about chicken. I have read about conventional and unconventional way of raising chicken. I have learnt how to make Lacto basilus and the different herbs to use on chicken, how to ferment feeds. I would really want to encourage all farmers to learn how to ferment feeds, this can really help u save a lot of cost on feed and at the same time get the right weight of bird. I will also want to appreciate some farmers tthat have really made a lot of contribution on how to raise birds. people like Organic food, turks,Neo, Emmachile and so on. I pray that God will bless our hustle.

3 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 7:23am On Nov 08, 2017
kendraloops:
I want to ask a question and I'd love good advice. I really enjoyed raising these birds of mine for Christmas sale and it's something I'd love to continue, as in, turn it to a full time thing.

but I'm wondering how to sell? I observe people don't buy fresh chicken on a good day, only during festivities.

please, if you're into this full time, kindly drop some tips. though I know the price off season won't be the same as compared with Christmas sales, but I'm still interested in it.

I'm in Akure BTW.
How many weeks are these birds.. From which hatchery
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:06am On Nov 08, 2017
kendraloops:

I'm in Akure BTW.

On off season u have a range of buyers in Akure the women that sell old layers do buy life broilers off season though their prices may not be the best, then u have the Aboki S that do chicken suya they buy from 6wks depending on the size of ur birds, then u can sell dressed chicken to frozen chicken sellers but the most important thing is go and do ur market research and start with like 50 birds as u demand grows then u expand d more
Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 10:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
noeloge82:

On off season u have a range of buyers in Akure the women that sell old layers do buy life broilers off season though their prices may not be the best, then u have the Aboki S that do chicken suya they buy from 6wks depending on the size of ur birds, then u can sell dressed chicken to frozen chicken sellers but the most important thing is go and do ur market research and start with like 50 birds as u demand grows then u expand d more
Good luck

thank you so much for these tips, God bless you!!! will work on it.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
jfkenny:

How many weeks are these birds.. From which hatchery

I bought them on September 15th at 4 weeks old, so do small maths lol.

I bought from a poultry farmer, I don't know his source, I didn't bother asking (naivety you can say) but I've not had any issue with all of them save for 1 who was limping earlier but is doing much better now.

BTW, I've never given them any medication too.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 10:11am On Nov 10, 2017
Help access their growth. 3weeks

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2017
They look good. Good job. Make sure you give light adlib
Abeyjide:
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
Turks:
They look good. Good job. Make sure you give light adlib

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Chikach: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abeyjide:

Very nice and impressive
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Chikach: 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abeyjide:

Bros which breed is this, Asin hatchery
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
Chikach:

Bros which breed is this, Asin hatchery

Zartech hatchery. Using olam feed
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
Chikach:

Very nice and impressive

Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Chikach: 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abeyjide:

Zartech hatchery. Using olam feed

Is it super starter or the normal brioler starter
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Chikach: 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
So zartech has birds as nice as this.... Wow and their DOC price is always the lowest
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Chikach:

Is it super starter or the normal brioler starter

The feed name is chikun broiler super starter and produced by olam company
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abeyjide:
One of the best feeds (if not the best) currently in Nigeria.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

One of the best feeds (if not the best) currently in Nigeria.

#3600 per bag
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 9:43am On Nov 11, 2017
Abeyjide:

#3600 per bag
Is it in the east
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 10:59am On Nov 11, 2017
jfkenny:

Is it in the east

It should because I heard some feed dealers came from East to get it. They have their plant in kwara and kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by obstead200(m): 1:58am On Nov 12, 2017
Abeyjide:

The feed name is chikun broiler super starter and produced by olam company
I presently use hybrid.
Thinking of trying this chikun feed but am not sure. Plus it has a higher price in my location
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by obstead200(m): 1:59am On Nov 12, 2017
jfkenny:

Is it in the east
yes.
3650 - 3700 in owerri
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 12, 2017
obstead200:
yes.
3650 - 3700 in owerri
Then how much is hybrid price then in Owerri?
Chikun is far better and not in the same class with hybrid.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by obstead200(m): 2:25am On Nov 12, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Then how much is hybrid price then in Owerri?
Chikun is far better and not in the same class with hybrid.
hybrid finisher 3550. Animal care is 3500.
I think chikun is OK. I used it 2 weeks ago and backed out sha. But in retrospect I am think i got good weight gain that week. Will buy it next week
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 12, 2017
obstead200:
hybrid finisher 3550. Animal care is 3500.
I think chikun is OK. I used it 2 weeks ago and backed out sha. But in retrospect I am think i got good weight gain that week. Will buy it next week
Feed prices in Owerri are cheap.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by obstead200(m): 2:31am On Nov 12, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Feed prices in Owerri are cheap.
there are mega dealers. Animal care plant is also in nearby asaba

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.