Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Rich Man's Headache(from My Yet To Be Published "aphorisms For The Mind" - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Rich Man's Headache(from My Yet To Be Published "aphorisms For The Mind" (1006 Views)

Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor / Random Ramblings From The Mind Of Tex / can I be published in Nigeria when I'm a Cameroonian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Rich Man's Headache(from My Yet To Be Published "aphorisms For The Mind" by Basic(m): 1:36am On Oct 03, 2006
When younger he was in the days of olsd
Days still ahead he wished before him could unfold
And many sweet dreams about the furure
Would he in his naivety(of then)nurture

Hewished strongly that it could run,time
And success in life could so quickly come
Fame and wealth very soon to savour
Were fantasies his breast would harbour

Into reality his dreams had now turned
Thedreams he (then) in his childhood nursed
Success wealth and fame he had tasted
But to part with them hedetested

But with the inevitable end so apparent
So the more are his nightmares frequent
And that time could turn sluggish
Is just his present-day strong wish

His heart thumps his head aches
When reminded that numbered are his days
Like the waves towards the pebbled shore sprint
So to their end hasten our minutes
Re: The Rich Man's Headache(from My Yet To Be Published "aphorisms For The Mind" by Basic(m): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2006
Hi fellow Nairalanders,pls post your comment on this poem, so that I'll know how really good I am in the art of poetry. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Poem: The Call Of Freedom / Survive / Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.