Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard (33380 Views)

Buratai Visits Soldiers & UN Staff & Others Wounded By Boko Haram (Pics) / Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by flokii: 11:21am On Aug 28, 2015
thank God say I no vote... had my doubts about PMB .. I mean we are going back to square one with tribal sentiments

Those that do not learn from history are bound to repeat it

3 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by CORRECTMAN78(m): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2015
Is Osyh(Osibanjo) stil the VP? Abi Buhari don change am. No vex, I jus wanna know.

3 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2015
CallPolice:
Some people don't care about their State governors who embezzle state allocation. We need more Education than Jobs in this country.

And that is the real problem.

Most people do not trust their state governors.

The fact that Nigerians think that federal appointees from their region improve their chances of development, and not the work their elected representatives...especially the governors.....do.....indicates to me that most Nigerians do not trust their governors.

Makes me wonder whether we are really ready for true federalism.

Of course we do not have to trust our governors. But we can make them work better for us.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Popemax(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2015
The appointments r lopsided.....this Man(Buhari)is showing us his true colour.....bt God pass him
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by CallPolice: 11:24am On Aug 28, 2015
What have they done differently? It is not by one ethnic group holding a major position that demands the development of any region. at least you have the NNPC boss to the south.

otunsman:
Mr man,this your lists are not justifiable.Northerners held juicy positions in gej's administration.Who was the minister of defence?Aliyu gusau,nsa,dasuki,cbn gov,Sanusi lamido.70% of ministers in gej's govt are from the north,so stop brainwashing yaself.Aight!
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by efilefun(m): 11:27am On Aug 28, 2015
Same Sanusi that was booted cuz he revealed how they've been embezzling the nation
otunsman:
Mr man,this your lists are not justifiable.Northerners held juicy positions in gej's administration.Who was the minister of defence?Aliyu gusau,nsa,dasuki,cbn gov,Sanusi lamido.70% of ministers in gej's govt are from the north,so stop brainwashing yaself.Aight!
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 28, 2015
CallPolice:
What have they done differently? It is not by one ethnic group holding a major position that demands the development of any region. at least you have the NNPC boss to the south.

Who was there before a southerner took over?Was it not yakubu,a northerner?
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Louislewis: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2015
I posted this before election as a warning to my people of the west(De Yorubas). Once beaten, you should be shy to concede defeat for second time.

When are we going to learn our lessons …The YORUBAS ?

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.- George Santayan (1863-1952)

It took Abacha two months to sideline Diya. How long will it take Buhari to sideline Osinbajo? Gen.Sani Abacha used Gen.Oladipo Diya to gain Yoruba support for his coup in 1993. Two months after, Diya was sidelined in favour of a "born-to-rule" mafia, headed by Alhaji Aminu Saleh and curated by Major Al Mustapha.

After enjoying the support of president Olusegun Obasanjo to become president in 2007, Ahhaji Umoru Musa Yar'Adua stopped picking Obasanjo's calls barely six weeks after getting into office. Also, it took Yar'Adua a mere eight weeks to block Asiwaju Bola Tinubu from gaining acess to Aso Rock after assuming office in 2007.

How long will it take Gen.Muhammadu Buhari to hand over his government to the "PTF Mafia" headed by Tanimu Yakubu if the General succeeds in using Yoruba South-West to win power in
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Ola17: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2015
Anybody saying it doesn't matter where the appointees come from at this point should kind shut the fork up,
How can one keep defending this obvious bigotry?
I wash my hands, the shame is enough.

I think There may be an agenda after all.
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by VirginFinder: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2015
eyeview:

And the south west are still 2% under buhari. So who's the perpetual loser?

Not so! This time around, Yorubas are nos 2,3,6 Senate Chief Whip and House Leader.

Far batter than before.

All the same, Buhari's lopsided appointments is condemnable.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by YaksonFCA(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2015
Can u imagine that the northern region now have firm control of the 3 arms of government, military and Civil Service? This is unprecendented! The objective of the federal character principle as enshrined in 1999 Constitution has been defeated. This will affect APC's performance in the 2019 General election.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2015
free2ryhme:
The old tradition of is still playing in some Nigerian head. Did Buhari promised any region any appointment or services? For all the campaign promises made by PMB, did any region demanded from Buhari any political appointment? What we all know is that Buhari promised all regions equal service delivery, he promised Nigerians security, employement and electricity. Let me repeat, PMB must get reliable individuals that will set the required platform that can guarantee good governance. There are still more than 300 appointments to go, let us be confident that good Nigerians will fill in position irrespective of their linage or affiliate.
All those northerners are not the technocrats he promised to appoint into his cabinet.They are been compensated for helping him campaign and win in their states and communities,not because they are good for the job.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by vivalavida(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2015
175:
Since federal character is no longer important, I
respectfully urge the Federal government to throw
open admissions into federal universities and
unity school s. Let candidates who scored the
cut off marks be given automatic admission
irrespective of their states of Origin
Again, let recruitment into the federal civil
service be strictly on merit and let's see who
controls the civil service of the federation.

spot on

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by feedthenation(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2015
At least with all these early round of appointments, nobody can say that Tinubu is influencing PMB.

PMB is a man who likes to make his own decisions.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by bingala: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
lf you check people that complained, even some of the northerners are not in support. But what marvelled me is one particular tribe refuses to condemn it. Even,when you are slaves,did they say you should not talk? Last time l checked,Buhari has not removed freedom of speech.
Lolz..........that's Yoruba nature, the most coward rase ever in the history of creation, what ever their slave master did is OK by them "kpele oh" Cowards

history have it that it's only Yoruba, bunch of cowardice that did not stand to fight the British during amalgamation

history also have it that among the southern part of Nigeria, it was only this bunch of cowardice that was conquered by Hausa/Fulani and institute there emir in Yoruba land

COWARDS!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2015
kennyman2000:
we're still watching
Keep watching.There are no juicy position again.Except fashola and amaechi want to be p.a to the president.

4 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by SylarsMcQuins: 11:34am On Aug 28, 2015
Holyman3:

The Yoruba.
This is not what they bargained for.
They are still awed by the actions of the same man who canceled their railway project in 1983.

They have suddenly lost their voices.
But I can't blame them.. They didn't see this one coming...

As fools dey are, fckin snitches
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by litetias(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2015
Naija for life

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2015
otunsman:
Keep watching.There are no juicy position again.Except fashola and amaechi want to be p.a to the president.

1.They have not appointed the ministers yet.

2.Akwa Ibom has not had much federal appointments since 1999.....but they got a good governor from 2007-2015 who did what he was supposed to do....so that the people did not miss federal jobs.

You Nigerians...what benefit does it give you if someone from your state gets job? The North will remain underdeveloped despite all thies appointees unless their governors do their jobs.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:37am On Aug 28, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:
If you look at ethnicity of those appointed you will see permissible pattern of federal character. The appointees are from minorities of north and south, groups that Nigerian majority Ethnic groups have been ignoring since 1914. Be assured, every state will be represented!

Keep consoling yourself.

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by AnanseK(m): 11:37am On Aug 28, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
lf you check people that complained, even some of the northerners are not in support. But what marvelled me is one particular tribe refuses to condemn it. Even,when you are slaves,did they say you should not talk? Last time l checked,Buhari has not removed freedom of speech.

We don't have tribal representation costitutionally. You can condemn anything you want as a Nigerian. Don't wait for tribes.It is a democracy.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Ola17: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2015
I know many PMB's supporters from the South, just like me are still looking for reasons to hold on to hope that is is not some marginalization. Guys, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, Omo iya, it is nothing but a duck.

Are you telling me that all the APC leaders from the south are only used to win elections? Just show me one southern APC chieftain that is noticeable in this administration? Even people like Amechi, Fashola, Ngige etc where are they now? Even many of them became outcasts in their communities because of their support during the campaign.

3 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by codedguy1(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2015
chesterlee:
Buhari is an unrepentant Bigot!

And he can't mask it or change the bigotry even if he tried! That's the sad and scary part.

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by CallPolice: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2015
So lets leave the man with his appointments. He has done nothing wrong. All we want is for the wealth to spread. If the North were to be as selfish as you guys think, there won't be any development in the south because they have ruled Nigerian more than any region since independence. Yet the southern claim to be more educated. I pity the East. Educated illiterates with lots of cultures but can't promote it.

otunsman:
Who was there before a southerner took over?Was it not yakubu,a northerner?
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2015
efilefun:
Same Sanusi that was booted cuz he revealed how they've been embezzling the nation
Is Sanusi a saint?This is a man who connived with bukola saraki to write off #20b depositors loan.This is a man that withdrew #100m from cbn coffers and distribute to internally displace people in the north without due process just because he wanted to hijack the emir stool.He deserved worst than been booted out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by kenny1313(m): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2015
Governance is like a football team "you select the best players " A WINNING TEAM" President Buhari's task is to get Nigerians from where they are to where they have not been A quick reminder : Why are we not ranting about Federal Character in super eagles? I b northerners no get good players ? Nigeria Squad: Coach -Oliseh ogochukwu -South Assistant coach-Salisu Yusuf Goalkeepers: (1)Vincent Enyeama -South (2)Carl Ikeme -South Defenders: (3)Leon Balogun -South (4)Kingsley Madu -South (5)Godfrey Oboabona -South (6)William Troost Ekong -South (7)Kenneth Omeruo -South Midfielders: (coolJoel Obi -South (9)Izunna Ernest Uzochukwu -South (10) Obiora Nwankwo -South (11)Lukman Haruna -South (12)Rabiu Ibrahim -North Forwards: (13)Ahmed Musa -North (14)Emem Eduok -South (15)Emmanuel Emenike -South (16)Anthony Ujah -South (17)Sylvester Igboun -South (18)Moses Simon -South Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected. Steve Jobs Take Note :The principle of federal character as enshrined in the constitution only covers appointments into the federal executive council (FEC) such as ministers... The appointments so far has not breached the principle of federal character. If Nigerians don't kill federal character,federal character will kill Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Ezemust: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

It is only people who have sold their soul to devil that will overlook Buhari's tribal bigotry and dictatorial tendencies. His actions are simply indefensible. At this point, the few Southerners that have been appointed so far should resign immediately.

Meanwhile, where is Barcanista? I'm worried because if he continues to be out of circulation, then we may have to ask questions of the current regime
yea. barcanista absence is unhealthy

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Ola17: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2015
It started with locking PYO out of some crucial meetings. Now I believe it is true he was actually locked out from those meetings.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Ola17:
I know many PMB's supporters from the South, just like me are still looking for reasons to hold on to hope that is is not some marginalization. Guys, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, Omo iya, it is nothing but a duck.

Are you telling me that all the APC leaders from the south are only used to win elections? Just show me one southern APC chieftain that is noticeable in this administration? Even people like Amechi, Fashola, Ngige etc where are they now? Even many of them became outcasts in their communities because of their support during the campaign.

The appointments are lopsided....but the real reason why many people are complaining or consling themselves is because of the typically Nigerian idea that the only way to get developed is by having federal appintees come from your region.

Last week....some people were condemning GEJ for not providing potable water for his people.Really....is that his job? What happened to the state and LG?

As I am not a supporter of APC...I don't really care either way....unless the govt starts passing laws that force people to go against their beliefs. What bothers me about your comment....and many others is that you Nigerians have a flawed idea of development.Appointments do not bring jobs. Or development. If the opposite was the case...the North would have been heavily developed by now.And the South South would have been like Dubai.

Better stop crying louder than the bereaved....and the bereaved too should stop crying....and better get your governors to work for you. Get your LG chairmen to work for you. Then you won't miss federal appointments.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by anwo247: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2015
The change is here grin grin grin

Every day by day, buhari is becoming indefensible by his gullible followers.

#DauraDullard
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Ojiofor: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2015
PedroJP:
Northerners are even coming out boldly to condemn this appointments and my West folks are still being hypocrites. What a shame !
Sophisticated west won't complain so far as Ndigbo are excluded in this government.

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

It is only people who have sold their soul to devil that will overlook Buhari's tribal bigotry and dictatorial tendencies. His actions are simply indefensible. At this point, the few Southerners that have been appointed so far should resign immediately.

Meanwhile, where is Barcanista? I'm worried because if he continues to be out of circulation, then we may have to ask questions of the current regime
The present regime should be held for the "missing" of Bärcanista? Guy, you are suffering from post-election loss trauma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#BringBackOurGirls Member Mubaraka Sani Dies In Accident Along Abuja-kaduna Road / Captured Whiteman In Sambisa Is French / Buhari Appoints Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi As New CBN Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.