Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard (33390 Views)

Buratai Visits Soldiers & UN Staff & Others Wounded By Boko Haram (Pics) / Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by karkinase(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2015
EastLebanon:
My sophisicated neigbour that has been shouting CHANGE since last year is now dumbfounded,he doesn't talk to me anymore.
My brother dis change get as e be ooo...

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by codedguy1(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2015
175:
Since federal character is no longer important, I
respectfully urge the Federal government to throw
open admissions into federal universities and
unity school s. Let candidates who scored the
cut off marks be given automatic admission
irrespective of their states of Origin
Again, let recruitment into the federal civil
service be strictly on merit and let's see who
controls the civil service of the federation.

That's why I feel so sorry for all those that said even if he brings NEPA certificate they will vote for him or those that are still singing that even if he appoints all those from his village they don't mind as long as things are working.

It pure ignorance I tell you. What if things don't work out and they still want to be incharge, you then find out they hold all the aces and you become a slave.

They keep cheating the south when they are not equipped challenge fairly for things with the quota system, but now that federal character should be employed, they are automatically the most qualified.

Buhari will give us constant light and fuel at N40per/L and then hold you down from achieving you goals thru your hardwork with draconian policies that will still see his almajiri brothers dominate and proper over you on top your hard work.

2 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by lanreg95(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2015
erunz:
No one should complain be wen we wailed they told us buhari's appointment is based on competence. So the northerners are more competent, lol.

wen buhari also talked abt his 95% voters we tried to correct him, but some people were busy defending him. But today come to think of it apart how many percent vote did south gave to buhari. So the 95% theory is still very much in use.
no one should cry especially my people from south west.

meanwhile we are still counting down to buhari #100WastedDays
Infact,i nd my pipu ova hia ar not complaining..we ar luving d fresh wind of change..itz only in nigeria citizens hv issue governance of regional appointment instead of national development,nd d persistence is simply because of our tribalistic behaviour,vry soon,am expectin anoda criticism dat pmb is only considerate to muslims...Pipu kip shouting dat leaders ar d problem forgettin dat d citizens demselves neva wanted to giv peace a chance..4 God sake,appointment shld b based on productivity..My simple advice to pmb-No matter wat u do,man can neva b pleased.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by atlwireles: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2015
There are no sincere southerners,only northerners are corrupt free and good public administrators. So buhari can appoint all his supporting cast from the North. This was the mindset in Nigeria once upon a time. To our sai chanters and lying almajiris, oya, come and chant. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by markchidex: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
my brodas & sisters from de south east dis is high time our leaders should rise & unite our people for de challenges ahead,
no need to justle for appointment in dis administration
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Ola17: 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The appointments are lopsided....but the real reason why many people are complaining or consling themselves is because of the typically Nigerian idea that the only way to get developed is by having federal appintees come from your region.

Last week....some people were condemning GEJ for not providing potable water for his people.Really....is that his job? What happened to the state and LG?

As I am not a supporter of APC...I don't really care either way....unless the govt starts passing laws that force people to go against their beliefs. What bothers me about your comment....and many others is that you Nigerians have a flawed idea of development.Appointments do not bring jobs. Or development. If the opposite was the case...the North would have been heavily developed by now.And the South South would have been like Dubai.

Better stop crying louder than the bereaved....and the bereaved too should stop ....and better get your governors to work for you. Get your LG chairmen to work for you. Then you won't miss federal appointments.
You agreed the appointments so far is skewed in favor of a particular region. I wonder why you typed the unnecessarily long post. Don't tell me it is ok to appoint far majority of people that will be making decisions for the whole country from a particular region.

To the seconded bolded part of your post, last time I checked, we are still in Nigeria. The Nigerian mentality still holds sway here and it's not changing anytime soon.

Oh, I will pretend I didn't notice how you tried to talk me down at the last paragraph of your post. Don't tow that lane bro, do not.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by markchidex: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
sorry for chris ngige & my broda ogbonnaya onu it is high time dey realise de situation at hand
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by gryhusky(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
WE WARNED THEM ABOUT THIS JIHADIST BUT THEY SAID WE SHOULD KEEP QUIET.....

1. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria - north.

2.Senate President- north.

3. Speaker of the House of Representatives- north.

4. Chief Justice of the Federation- north.

5. President of the Court of Appeal- north.

6. Chief Justice of the Federal High Court- north.

7. Secretary to the Federal Government- north.

8. Chief of Staff to the President- north.

9. Chief of Army Staff- north.

...buhari has finaly divided d country by himself
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Iykopee(m): 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Thank God i didnt vote for this man. I have no reason to worry cos i saw his predisposition before May elections.. Let him appoint everybody from the north, but what goes around comes around. To the SS/SE/SW zombies chanting CHANGE, they shud live with it.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ola17:

You agreed the appointments so far is skewed in favor of a particular region. I wonder why you typed the unnecessarily long post. Don't tell me it is ok to appoint far majority of people that will be making decisions for the whole country from a particular region.

No ministers yet.....so am not bothered. So...decison manking not in jeopardy(and yes...it is taking too long to appoint ministers.).

To the seconded bolded part of your post, last time I checked, we are still in Nigeria. The Nigerian mentality still holds sway here and it's not changing anytime soon.

And that does not make it right...because it is a big reason why we are still backward.

Oh, I will pretend I didn't notice how you tried to talk me down at the last paragraph of your post. Don't tow that lane bro, do not.

Sure thing, your highness. grin
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by markchidex: 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
dis country cannot cease to amaze me, sectional government
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Tex42(m): 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
All I see here are WAILERS & "WAILEES"... They both are wailing.
Wailers=the 5%
Wailees = the 95%
Me = A fraction of the 5%
Bubu = Change...
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by anwo247: 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
Papa Bigot

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Ola17: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

No ministers yet.....so am not bothered. So...decison manking not in jeopardy(and yes...it is taking too long to appoint ministers.).

And that does not make it right...because it is a big reason why we are still backward.

Sure thing, your highness. grin

tongue

It is mandatory that he appoints 1 minister from all the 36 states of the federation. And I'd wager that most of the important portfolios will go to a particular region.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Charly68: 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
OK now what happened even when the appointment was balanced? Did the regions benefit substancially from it..? Let us watch and see what PMB will do next but if he fails the country this time around his children's children will find life miserable ..
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by vikyno(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
Proudly GEJ. Buhari matter no concern me.

Na only Amaechi I dey pity now. As for those educated Mumu's in the South West. It serves them right.

APC!!! Change!!!
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by tuniski: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
lf you check people that complained, even some of the northerners are not in support. But what marvelled me is one particular tribe refuses to condemn it. Even,when you are slaves,did they say you should not talk? Last time l checked,Buhari has not removed freedom of speech.
the slaves of hausas are the igbos who do all the dirty work for them while the yorubas oppose them. Now tinubu for the 1st time has sold the most sophisticated tribe into being second fiddle all for him to hijack Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) via his crony the fake PhD holder Tunder Fowler! Well, concerned nigerians are praying the like mind senators reject him during confirmation hearing. The change remains a scam and buhari the worst thing that happened to nigeria in 2015. A divisive candidate now an even more divisive and crass president! God help us.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by fairheven: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:
If you look at ethnicity of those appointed you will see permissible pattern of federal character. The appointees are from minorities of north and south, groups that Nigerian majority Ethnic groups have been ignoring since 1914. Be assured, every state will be represented!

Why neglect the obvious? Minority emanates from zones, is there any zone taht doesn't have a minority? So according to you ,minority can only be found in the north? When was the last you saw someone outside the North been made the Chief justice of the federation or controller General of immigration and custom? Are they exclusively preserved for the North ?
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Idrismusty97(m): 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
Flets:
Competency and integrity can only be found in the north - Buhari

The resources required to fund a united Nigeria can only be sourced from the south - ACF

Buhari has successfully set the path for the balkanization of Nigeria.
When would you start blowing up pipelines?
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by soldierdollar(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:
If you look at ethnicity of those appointed you will see permissible pattern of federal character. The appointees are from minorities of north and south, groups that Nigerian majority Ethnic groups have been ignoring since 1914. Be assured, every state will be represented!

We're talking about Geo political zones and not ethnic groups Are there more marginalized ethnic groups in d north than south ?
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by melzabull(f): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
Forwetinnah:
All the Sensitive/IMPORTANT positions going to the North as if they own Nigeria and one SW clown is circulating positions held generally by Southerners in GEJs administration...how do we even start to compare what Buhari is doing? The Praise Singing Syndrome from the SW is really becoming a problem. .even some Hausas have admitted that Buhari isnt being fair, but the Ewedus still have their heads stuck in the Mallam's pampers. People like Dasuki, Sanusi etc held sensitive positions in GEJs administration. .can the same be said so far for Buhari??
Don't mind those Yoruba ba.stads circulating that nonsense list which is even false

Andrew yakubu is from kaduna state
Paul Orhi of Nafdac is from Benue state (idoma)
Longmas Wapmuk is from plateau state
Samuel yonongo Ukura from nasarawa state
Oluremi Oyo was during obasanjo and not Jonathan's administration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Donykua: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
All the .fo:-)ls, appointed by JEG from SE/SS brought us to where we are today.

Anyway chief gardener appointment is available for SE. grin grin grin
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Samunique(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
OjujuCalabar:
For the south east is expected, GMB is obviously out for a revenge. For the Yorubas, I say a big 'ntoooooo! Betrayal runs in your blood, you are receiving what you deserve.
And who have they betrayed?
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Forwetinnah: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
CallPolice:
So lets leave the man with his appointments. He has done nothing wrong. All we want is for the wealth to spread. If the North were to be as selfish as you guys think, there won't be any development in the south because they have ruled Nigerian more than any region since independence. Yet the southern claim to be more educated. I pity the East. Educated illiterates with lots of cultures but can't promote it.

Development done in the South Are you even listening to yourself. Any development done in the South by the Northerners HAVE ONLY BEEN FOR THEIR BENEFIT, nothing else (name one, and I'll tell you how it benefits them). Can you compare the roads in that Arid part of Nigeria to the ones down South? We only started seeing some good development with Democracy. .and you can't thank the Hausa man but the indigenous Governors for that. Left to Northern illiterate fanatics like Buhari, the South can roast for all they care
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
lf you check people that complained, even some of the northerners are not in support. But what marvelled me is one particular tribe refuses to condemn it. Even,when you are slaves,did they say you should not talk? Last time l checked,Buhari has not removed freedom of speech.

I guess you are talking about the Slaves from the waste South West
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by nobeku: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
chi4ik4:
you are just a fool! political appointment brings a lot of development because many people will be gain employment through them. which means that since I'm not an Hausa man, I will not get job through them. the youth will not be empowered...
You are such a big disgrace to your lineage..Its obvious who de dimwit is here..This is why we need more holistic education than jobs in this country of ours..Imagine the arrant gibberish being regurgitated from this gutter of your mouth..Tomorrow you will say Buharo was behind your being a full fledged failure to your generation..ANU MPAMA!!!!
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by winterfell007(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
People accuse the PDP of looting the treasury. at least when it came to sharing the national cake they recognized the need to follow the principle of Federal Character. the framers of the constitution understood the diversity of Nigerians, hence the establishment of the Federal Character Commission. if we can agree that there are looters in all the Geo-political zone, then there are competent people to be found in all the Geo-political zone. the excuse of appointing only a section of the country into administrative positions because you only trust them is baseless. that means you don't trust other section of country in rebuilding this project called 'nigeria'. Buhari should remember his statement of ''i belong to everybody and nobody'' it looks to me like " i belong to only Northern Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by nobeku: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
dougivilla:
We are talking about prime positions here not the NERZs and NTAs you bare spewing here. How does this your trash compare with:

1. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria -
north.
2.Senate President- north.
3. Speaker of the House of Representatives-
north.
4. Chief Justice of the Federation- north.
5. President of the Court of Appeal- north.
6. Chief Justice of the Federal High Court- north.
7. Secretary to the Federal Government- north.
8. Chief of Staff to the President- north.
9. Chief of Army Staff- north.
10. Chief of Air Staff- north.
11. Comptroller General of Customs- north.
12. Director-General of State Security Services
(SSS)- north.
13. National Security Advisor- north.
14. Director General NIMASA- north.
15. Chairperson of the Independant Electoral
Commission (INEC)- north.
16. Comptroller-General Immigration- north.
17. Accountant-General of the Federation - north.
18. Commander of Civil Defence Corps- north.
19. Chief Security Officer to the President- north.
20. ADC to the President- north.
21. Principal Secretary to the President- north.
22. Senior Special Assistant to the President on
media- north.
23. Chairman of the EFCC- north.
24. Head of Service- north.
25. MD of Nigerian Ports Authority- north. 26.DG
of National Communication Commission (NCC)-
north. 27. Chairman NDLEA- north.
EWU!!!!Truly we need mass holistic education for the youth in this nation of ours..How many on your fictitious list were appointed by PMB?so even an assistant or adviser TO THE PRESIDENT is more important or weighty than the MD of NNPC?
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by figment232(m): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
free2ryhme:
It is not interesting to me that buhari is acting like this. BUT I AM HAPPY. The south betrayed the opportunity they had in Jonathan, not just because they did not support his re-election proper. Those who got national appointments through the state party nomination were were in-ept, corrupt and undeserving. So, my verdict: THE INSTITUTIONALITY OF THE SOUTH IS ITS OWN UNDOING.
U MAKE ME LAUGH.NORTHERNS OWN 83% OF OIL WELLS FOR UR INFO
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by antzlaive(m): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
the appointment of Colonel Hamid Ali is constitutional . There is no law that says the Comptroller General of Customs must be a serving Customs Officer . The Customs and Excise Act vests on the president the sole prerogative to appoint any body he considers worthy in his opinion. There are several precedents . Shehu Musa was appointed outside the Customs . Haliru Mohammed Bello was appointed from outside the Customs . Brig. General Samuel Ango was appointed from the army as Comptroller General by General Abacha
Vivalavida99:
undecided
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by winterfell007(m): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
free2ryhme:
The old tradition of is still playing in some Nigerian head. Did Buhari promised any region any appointment or services? For all the campaign promises made by PMB, did any region demanded from Buhari any political appointment? What we all know is that Buhari promised all regions equal service delivery, he promised Nigerians security, employement and electricity. Let me repeat, PMB must get reliable individuals that will set the required platform that can guarantee good governance. There are still more than 300 appointments to go, let us be confident that good Nigerians will fill in position irrespective of their linage or affiliate.
that does not an excuse. in making appointments be it ministerial or administrative you must reflect the diversity of the this country. No one is telling him to sacrifice competence for Nepotism. they are competent people to be found in the entire region not only in a specific region. so far he has shown that he is sectional leader. #ibelongtonorthernnigeria.
Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Pque(m): 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
Even when the appointment does not reflect a fed character,it is too early to judge, action they say is louder than voice. All i need is just change in d corrupt manner Nigerian appointee do stuff. IF THIS SET OF PEOPLE CAN GET RID OF CORRUPTION IN THEIR SECTOR, that is enough for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable / Ondo State Agog As Governor Akeredolu Returns To Akure (Photos) / Dr Rabe Nasir Assassinated In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.