Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,190 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

Are We All Truly Cowards - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are We All Truly Cowards (673 Views)

Are First-born Children Truly More Intelligent Than Their Siblings? / I Need To Know If She's Truly Pregnant / Can A Cheating Husband Truly Love His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We All Truly Cowards by Eddygourdo(m): 8:22am On Aug 28, 2015
Those who read my tolotolo debacle will remember how traumatic it was for me, I ask myself everyday why couldn't I but not run away, in fact why is running away the best option to humans when faced by fear, if you gather a battalion of soldiers and disarm them, tell them to pass the night in a room then cover urself with a large white bedsheets after applying lots of powder to ur face and red paint to ur lips, jump into their midst screaming and u will see commotion, people scammering away calling their mothers and their gods to save them, at that moment u can't even differentiate the brave from the coward, this reaction can also be observed by a loud bang or explosive sound in a market, nobody waits to even find out, some don't bother looking back but run away as fast as they can to safety, I think cowardice is a primordial instinct of survival present in all living things especially in humans, I believe we all cowards and naturally fearful, though it's by overcoming fearful moments that heroes are identified, so no shame in being afraid or trying to overcome your fear, I am about leaving my house and if I run into that chicken puffing up as usual I will stand like a man but if I fail and run, I won't feel ashamed anymore cos it's primordial. good Friday peeps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We All Truly Cowards by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 28, 2015
Inspirational. Well, fear is an embedded trait that exist in every living creature. Anyone who claims to have never felt that emotion is nothing but a robot.

1 Like

Re: Are We All Truly Cowards by Eddygourdo(m): 8:36am On Aug 28, 2015
HenryDion:
Inspirational. Well, fear is an embedded trait that exist in every living creature. Anyone who claims to have never felt that emotion is nothing but a robot.
not just a robot but also a liar.
Re: Are We All Truly Cowards by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Eddygourdo:
not just a robot but also a liar.
Yea bro. The greatest liar of all time. Fear is natural but allowing it to control important areas of your life is far from normal. Was once a victim but thank God. I have overcome.
Re: Are We All Truly Cowards by Eddygourdo(m): 9:15am On Aug 28, 2015
HenryDion:

Yea bro. The greatest liar of all time. Fear is natural but allowing it to control important areas of your life is far from normal. Was once a victim but thank God. I have overcome.
thank God for ur life, as a child many things scared me that darkness spelt doom, to enter a room alone na war, affected me so badly I bedwetted for a long time, the major worry with fear is it's aftereffect on the individual, I can cause depression and anxiety
Re: Are We All Truly Cowards by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2015
Eddygourdo:
thank God for ur life, as a child many things scared me that darkness spelt doom, to enter a room alone na war, affected me so badly I bedwetted for a long time, the major worry with fear is it's aftereffect on the individual, I can cause depression and anxiety

Thank God for u bro, Is normal.

(1) (Reply)

A Family Of 5 Has Not Been Paying House Rents For The Past Four Years. / Couple Who Sued Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Marries. Photo / I Need Urgent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.