Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar (1583 Views)

Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Who Knows This Young Man Who Was Killed In A Fatal Accident In Kaduna. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by BrTune: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2015
Has anyone been able to exchange naira for qatari rials in qatar before? If Yes, Where.

Also if u have dollars, and u are willing 2 sell at a reasonable price, and u are in abuja, lets meet.
Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by ifegy: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
BrTune:
Has anyone been able to exchange naira for qatari rials in qatar before? If Yes, Where.

Also if u have dollars, and u are willing 2 sell at a reasonable price, and u are in abuja, lets meet.

The naira is not really traded/exchangeable outside the country. You should take major currencies like British pounds, US dollars, Euros instead.

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by BrTune: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
I tried to do the PTA, but both GTB & Zenith claimed to have suspended PTA at the moment, bank rate is a dollar to 199 bucks, while black markerters are selling at 225 to a dollar., and so they are not an option.

I just pray the Naira Master Card, works in qatar, or atleast functions on POS without restrictions, If not I'm finished. Everything in Naija is a struggle...I jus taya wit this country.
ifegy:

The naira is not really traded/exchangeable outside the country. You should take major currencies like British pounds, US dollars, Euros instead.
Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by ifegy: 1:49am On Aug 29, 2015
BrTune:
I tried to do the PTA, but both GTB & Zenith claimed to have suspended PTA at the moment, bank rate is a dollar to 199 bucks, while black markerters are selling at 125 to a dollar., and so they are not an option.

I just pray the Naira Master Card, works in qatar, or atleast functions on POS without restrictions, If not I'm finished. Everything in Naija is a struggle...I jus taya wit this country.

A debit/credit card should work, ordinarily. However there have been recent moves by the Central Bank to limit the amount that can be withdrawn daily, as I recall, but I don't know the details. Why not try posting your questions here for more info? All the best.

https://www.nairaland.com/2471964/qatar-uae-general-visa-enquiries

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by Femmyfamous4u(m): 5:10am On Aug 29, 2015
the new cbn law only allows 60000 naira withdrawal locally and $300 withdrawal in a foreign land(qatar in ur case) . however, u can approach any bank to change ur banking transaction to only foreign which allows u to withdraw as u like.
Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 29, 2015
Why would u travel out with naira..its useless outside nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by BrTune: 8:42am On Aug 29, 2015
Plz how do I make my bank change my transactions to only foreign?
And does that really remove the limit placed by the CBN because...I know the CBN blocked all loopholes with stiff penalties for defaulting banks and plz I bnk with GTB
Femmyfamous4u:
the new cbn law only allows 60000 naira withdrawal locally and $300 withdrawal in a foreign land(qatar in ur case) . however, u can approach any bank to change ur banking transaction to only foreign which allows u to withdraw as u like.
Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by onatisi(m): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
Femmyfamous4u:
the question should be ,will the amount deducted on a foreign atm be based on bank rates of exchange or the Nigeria parrell market rated
Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by DzTzl(f): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
Femmyfamous4u:
i don't think he cn do dt @ bolded, but transaction limit cn b increased to $500
Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by BrTune: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
How do I go about it?
DzTzl:
i don't think he cn do dt @ bolded, but transaction limit cn b increased to $500
Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
@op, i also use gtb. all u need do is to go to bank and explain 2 ur account officer, customer service or d branch manager. you will be placed on only foreign use where u can withdraw in thousands. d exchange rate will be on d bank's rate and not d black or parallel market.

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by DzTzl(f): 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
BrTune:
How do I go about it?
jus visit ur bank & talk to d CSM/BM u might be asked to write a letter to that effect

1 Like

Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by BrTune: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
Is there an official currency exchange at MMIA in Lagos?
Re: Please Who Knows Where Naira Can Be Exchanged To Qatari Rials In Qatar by ifegy: 12:25am On Aug 31, 2015
BrTune:
Is there an official currency exchange at MMIA in Lagos?

There should be (there's one at the Abuja Int'l airport). Even so, bear in mind they are unlikely to have Qatari currency. You're probably better off buying dollars or something else from them to change when you arrive.
And as well, consider there might be a difference (for better or worse) between their rates and those you can get at the parallel market (and/or bank).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wanna Go To Ghana To Hustle, What Do U Guys Think Abt It / Masters In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai To Work / Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.