Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! (3500 Views)

Pictures Of Ongoing PDP SW Leaders Meeting Holding Ondo Sate / Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / Emeka Offor Signs $10 Million To Carter Center For SE/SS Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by BMedia: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
All I see are disgruntled Igbos trying to hide under southern solidarity to condemn Buhari.

You are on your own.

2 Likes

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by hinwazaka: 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
The SS and SE don't need to voice out any concerns. All they need to do, is watch and wait, until this administration implodes. Then they can simply come in and pickup the pieces, nothing more. All good things come to those who wait

2 Likes

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by ademoladeji(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
emekachimek:

Are there not competent people from other regions? He's simply compromising the unity of the country. He can't polarize the appointments and expect harmony. So let him be ready to create a new ministry for tackling the potential disharmony he's going to cause

I don't know one buh I wanna blv there are... More so, there are lot of appointments n reshuffling to come. Let's be patient and see how it pans out later.

Disharmony is our mindset... He hasn't created any as far as I'm concerned.

Deizani Madueke was made NNPC no.1 for years... What were her contributions to the pipu of Southie? I bet Tafa Balogun disgraced himself out of office while serving the nation... Farouk Lawal nko?

My take is that we shld have people representing the interest of all Nigerians and not a geopolitical zone
Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by UncleJudax(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
omonnakoda:
The reason we are in this situation is because Eboes hijacked Jonathan's presidency as an opportunity to settle their perceived scores with Yorubas.That was the last opportunity for unity in the south and so Yorubas now know they can NEVER work with Eboes.Sadly the North wins from this disunity but that is how it is
And it just happens that you can never grow the balls to criticise the North.

You have got nothing on Igbos. Nothing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Eastlink(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
kingdompropty:
It no longer news that we have a sectional president. A president that have only given the whole south 25% patronage leaving out one of the worlds 10 most populous ethnic group the Ndigbos.

I feel sad when people like the quota system professor talk about the north been marginalized under GEJ even though they held the following offices then.

1. VP.

2. Senate president.

3. Speakership.

4. NSA.

5. CDS.

6. CNS.

7. Customs CG.

8. Immigration CG.

9. Police IG.

10. NNPC - Andrew Yakubu.

11. NPA .

12. CJN.

The list is endless.

If Mr. Buhari can convince me that we don't have competent hands down south then I would rest my case. I don't believe all southerners are rogues as they would want us to believe.

Even individuals that played hatchet roles in the evil days of a maximum ruler is been compensated in this government. What an irony.

The trend I see recently is that of divide and rule. Even the most vocal chanters are beginning to loose faith in this government. Unless something urgent is done all the goodwill they have managed to build will fizzle out.

I urge our leaders in southern zone to begin to speak out urgently disregarding party or ethnic affinity. Some saw this early enough to raise the red flag others asked for more time and understanding. I think as the saying goes a stitch in time saves nine.

APC as a part must begin to build themself into an institution as what I see is a scattered party. Like the igbo will say- church onye mere nkeya meaning a church without leadership, from Saraki to Dagora to Mr. President no one understands the other.

Ministerial list would be out in a few days, up until this time no member of Mr
Presidents team can talk about any qualified individual, while this is good I believe we have on the extreme end a DICTATOR in the making.

Google translation failed you this time. Get it into your head? The bridge for a southern solidarity has long be blown, no thanks to you Yorubas. I and my people from S/South have nothing to do with you guys politically. You will hear from us in 2019. Revenge is sweeter when served cold.

2 Likes

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Eastlink(m): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
omonnakoda:
The reason we are in this situation is because Eboes hijacked Jonathan's presidency as an opportunity to settle their perceived scores with Yorubas.That was the last opportunity for unity in the south and so Yorubas now know they can NEVER work with Eboes.Sadly the North wins from this disunity but that is how it is
If this is true, then you guyz should be ashamed of yourselves. Is Jonathan an Iboman? Didn't the Ibos leave the speakership position for you? Even when they settled for just Minister of Finance and other executive appointments what major position did they held from the Top 4 position (President, VP, Senate P
resident, Speaker HOR, Chief Justice of the Federation).
The CBN governors was a North/Westerner the Accountant General a S/Westerner and Minister of Petroleum an Ijaw.
The military and paramilitary were northern dominated. Except for the Ministry of Defence, Chief of Air staff and Comptroller Gen of the NSCDC which were Yoruba, the Igbo held just Chief of Army staff. The IG of Police, Customs, Immigrations, Prisons and all other top military brass were Northerners. The SSS Director and Chief of Naval staff were South/Southerners.
Where did you hide your voice when the north hijacked the GEJ presidency? Why put the blame on the Ibos. Or are you afraid of speaking against your northern masters.
Chai! Ibos don suffer for Nigeria. Why do you always see the Ibos as your dick measuring contestants. No wonder you folks tried all your possible best to pull down the few Ibo ministers with your media propaganda.e.g Stella Oduah. Now, I see why the Ibos call you cowards and noisemakers
The Ibos are not your problem, search for your problems.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by omonnakoda: 5:48am On Aug 29, 2015
Eastlink:
Google translation failed you this time. Get it into your head? The bridge for a southern solidarity has long be blown, no thanks to you Yorubas. I and my people from S/South have nothing to do with you guys politically. You will hear from us in 2019. Revenge is sweeter when served cold.
Your "peeople" from the SS grin grin.

The same people that appropriated your property under the "Abandoned property decree"? They rejected Eboes before you were born yet you keep attaching by force like a pesky midge. Who are these people of yours? Edo,Itsekiri,Urhobo,Isoko,Esan,Ijaw or Ogoni? You folk have no shame!!

Revenge? What an imbecilic thought? The problem with you folk is you have no strategy in Nigeria and you do not now what you want. We on the other hand in tthe SW are very clear. We want regional integration and development of our region. With all your influence over Jonathan he deceived you over the 2nd Niger bridge while agreeing to the development of Lekki FTZ and two more seaports in Lagos. Even GEJ did not understand how shipbuilding facilities came to be located in ( you guessed right) Lagos. The biggest refinery is on course and it is not in Afikpo
Government appointments do not equal development or Federal presence or projects. Lagos is doing excellently well and that is travelling several kilometres a year across our region.Ogun state is now the next industrial hub.Guess what,gas pipelines from the Delta have arrivved in Ogun States to power our industries and you are talking about "revenge" !! Planless aimless people

3 Likes

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 29, 2015
omonnakoda:

Your "peeople" from the SS grin grin.

The same people that appropriated your property under the "Abandoned property decree"? They rejected Eboes before you were born yet you keep attaching by force like a pesky midge. Who are these people of yours? Edo,Itsekiri,Urhobo,Isoko,Esan,Ijaw or Ogoni? You folk have no shame!!

Revenge? What an imbecilic thought? The problem with you folk is you have no strategy in Nigeria and you do not now what you want. We on the other hand in tthe SW are very clear. We want regional integration and development of our region. With all your influence over Jonathan he deceived you over the 2nd Niger bridge while agreeing to the development of Lekki FTZ and two more seaports in Lagos. Even GEJ did not understand how shipbuilding facilities came to be located in ( you guessed right) Lagos. The biggest refinery is on course and it is not in Afikpo
Government appointments do not equal development or Federal presence or projects. Lagos is doing excellently well and that is travelling several kilometres a year across our region.Ogun state is now the next industrial hub.Guess what,gas pipelines from the Delta have arrivved in Ogun States to power our industries and you are talking about "revenge" !! Planless aimless people

What is this deluded bigot ranting senselessly and stup1dly? 

Rejected Igbo in what way? 
What shame are you ranting about?

BTW, between Igbo and Yoruba, who is notorious in doing attaché?

Are you so daft as to not tknow the geography of the land you call your country or you're just being unnecessarily mischievous that there exists indigenous Igbos in Delta State and some other states?

May I sound it loud and clear to you bigots, Igbos are not interested in unrepentant and diabolic traitors , chronic, perennial, perpetual, pathological liars! Igbos are no traitors or backstabbers and therefore are not interested in parasites!

I shall explain to you in clear terms what Yoruba bigots call strategy or sophistication.

The usually taunted strategy or political ophistication of Yoruba tribe is all about ass-licking of their Northern slave masters to gain undue political advantage, to the extent of colluding with them to continue the perpetuation of injustice and inequality in the polity. Mischievous Yorubas have begun another round of wicked propaganda and lies of how their Northern slave masters have been peace-loving and accommodative. That it's Igbos that always provoke their hosts in the North and in the Middle-belt. That that has been the cause of pogroms executed on the Igbos! Not satisfied, Yorubas spread wicked lies and perfidy to drag other tribes along with them to be able to stand a chance of withstanding Igbos. What an evil invention and strategy in the name of sophistication! 

But till date such accommodative spirit as championed by the mischievous tribe is not being extended to Christian minorities in the North; instead they have continued to be maltreated, relegated to the background and even killed. And much blood letting, killings and destruction of means of livelihoods still go on unabated in the North. 

For many decades now Yoruba tribe alongside their partners-in-crime spread the wicked misinformation that Igbos don't have crude oil. That Igbos are greedy and want to corner Niger-delta oil wealth. That Ondo State produces more crude oil than the whole South East. And to heighten the insult, they even say Igbos bring virtually nothing to the Federal revenue!

Why do the so called 'sophisticated' tribe flourish in lies and propaganda
Why do Yorubas take pleasure in twisting and distorting facts even when the truth is staring right at them

Abandoned properties? 

Are you too rattled and envious that despite all the devilish strategies by your wicked forbears Igbos have re-acquired many parts of Port Harcourt to the shame of the enemy?

Travel to PH and see for yourself and stop idling away your life at home claiming one Nigeria when in reality you barely know the geography of your country and its people. 

Nigeria economy assumed a downward trend when the Yorubas with co-travellers acquired all Nigerian companies by virtue of indigenization decree of 1972. But they could not manage the companies instead they ruined, defrauded, liquidated, bankrupted and destroyed all the companies - that was the mother of destruction of Nigerian economy! These swindlers bastardized the Nigerian economy. 
And to divert attention from their ineptitude and crass looting of the treasury Yorubas would use illogical reasoning to attempt to bamboozle other people while pointing accusing fingers elsewhere!

After more than 40 years of the civil war, and despite the stolen wealth, the Yorubaland  and its capital, Ibadan, cannot be said to be transformed more than Igboland. None of Yoruba cities ' Abeokuta, Oshogbo or Ibadan could be listed amongst the enviest in the world. None of their cities could be likened to, say the least, Johannesburg!

At the end of the 1967-70 civil war Gowon promised to rehabilitate the East with the 3Rs. What happened. The Gowon government and the subsequent regimes diverted all jobs from the East to Lagos in the SW, carting away large chunks of Igbos revenue meant for developing and reconstructing the Eastern region to  building a mega city out of Lagos to.

Some decades later, the Igbos excelled in businesses and other human endeavours. Igbos conquered their lands and also began to dominate the ancestral lands of other tribes. As successful businessmen Igbos were able to buy up lands being offered for sale by the hungry  indigenes. (Yet some people like you would accuse Igbos of having love for money!)
As of today it would be an understatement to aver that Igbos control 50% of the economy of Lagos and its environs. 

The Great Igbo Nation stand tall and have excelled in virtually all socio-economic indices than the supposed 'sophisticated' tribe.
With all the disadvantages Igbos faced after the war and still face in today's Nigeria they rose from grass to grace and you are not even ashamed to compare them with treasury looters. Even you a Lagos migrant who cannot use his/her ancestral home to boast, but finds it very convenient to hide behind Lagos (albeit developed by crude oil wealth from another man's backyard and the sweat and blood of ethnic nationalities in Nigeria) and rant senseless, as if Lagos is your father's estate!

It's not how far but how well!

Time shall tell...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by omonnakoda: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2015
xtrorse:

What is this deluded bigot ranting senselessly and stup1dly? 

Rejected Igbo in what way? 
What shame are you ranting about?

BTW, between Igbo and Yoruba, who is notorious in doing attaché?

Are you so daft as to not tknow the geography of the land you call your country or you're just being unnecessarily mischievous that there exists indigenous Igbos in Delta State and some other states?

May I sound it loud and clear to you bigots, Igbos are not interested in unrepentant and diabolic traitors , chronic, perennial, perpetual, pathological liars! Igbos are no traitors or backstabbers and therefore are not interested in parasites!

I shall explain to you in clear terms what Yoruba bigots call strategy or sophistication.

The usually taunted strategy or political ophistication of Yoruba tribe is all about ass-licking of their Northern slave masters, to the extent of colluding with them to continue the perpetuation of injustice and inequality in the polity. Mischievous Yorubas have begun another round of wicked propaganda and lies of how their Northern slave masters have been peace-loving and accommodative. That it's Igbos that always provoke their hosts in the North and in the Middle-belt. That that has been the cause of pogroms executed on the Igbos! Not satisfied, Yorubas spread wicked lies and perfidy to drag other tribes along with them to be able to stand a chance of withstanding Igbos. What an evil invention and strategy in the name of sophistication! 

But till date such accommodative spirit as championed by the mischievous tribe is not being extended to Christian minorities in the North; instead they have continued to be maltreated, relegated to the background and even killed. And much blood letting, killings and destruction of means of livelihoods still go on unabated in the North. 

Why do so called 'sophisticated' tribe flourish in lies and propaganda

Why do Yorubas take pleasure in twisting and distorting facts even when the truth is staring right at them

Abandoned properties? 

Are you too rattled and envious that despite all the devilish strategies by your wicked forbears Igbos have re-acquired many parts of Port Harcourt to the shame of the enemy?

Travel to PH and see for yourself and stop idling away your life at home claiming one Nigeria when in reality you barely know the geography of your country and its people. 

Nigeria economy assumed a downward trend when the Yorubas with co-travellers acquired all Nigerian companies by virtue of indigenization decree of 1972. But they could not manage the companies instead they ruined, defrauded, liquidated, bankrupted and destroyed all the companies - that was the mother of destruction of Nigerian economy! These swindlers bastardized the Nigerian economy. 
And to divert attention from their ineptitude and crass looting of the treasury Yorubas would use illogical reasoning to attempt to bamboozle other people while pointing accusing fingers elsewhere!

After more than 40 years of the civil war, and despite the stolen wealth, the Yorubaland  and its capital, Ibadan, cannot be said to be transformed more than Igboland. None of Yoruba cities ' Abeokuta, Oshogbo or Ibadan could be listed amongst the enviest in the world. None of their cities could be likened to, say the least, Johannesburg!

At the end of the 1967-70 civil war Gowon promised to rehabilitate the East with the 3Rs. What happened. The Gowon government and the subsequent regimes diverted all jobs from the East to Lagos in the SW, carting away large chunks of Igbos revenue meant for developing and reconstructing the Eastern region to  building a mega city out of Lagos to.

Some decades later, the Igbos excelled in businesses and other human endeavours. Igbos conquered their lands and also began to dominate the ancestral lands of other tribes. As successful businessmen Igbos were able to buy up lands being offered for sale by the hungry  indigenes. (Yet some people like you would accuse Igbos of having love for money!)
As of today it would be an understatement to aver that Igbos control 50% of the economy of Lagos and its environs. 

With all the disadvantages Igbos faced after the war and still face in today's Nigeria they rose from grass to grace and you are not even ashamed to compare them with treasury looters. 

It's not how far but how well!

Time shall tell...
does your demented mother expect me to read all this verbigeration

1 Like

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2015
omonnakoda:

does your demented mother expect me to read all this verbigeration

A typical Yoruba person, once their wicked lies have been punctured and exposed they begin to curse and throw useless venoms as if you are the cause of their unstable, treaceh3rous ways...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by hoobs(m): 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
Talk about what kwanu?,just like a little bitchh,the South West have been bleeped! And you know what they say,during sex you take of your clothes together and afta sex you dress your sef.The South West should go and pick up there clothes where they left it,WE in the eastern region are going with Biafra our country
Any leader from the eastern region that forms any alliance with the waste is bastard and a Saboteur
What happend afta Ironsi was killed and Ojukwu was fight for another southern brother Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe to take over as the most senior officer after Ironsi,didn't the coward run away and leave Ojukwu in danger and defenceless
What happend when Ojukwu trusted Awolowo to declare Oduduwa republic so tha evrybody would be on its own
What happened during the election period when the South West used their media to paint a fellow southern brother as the most corrupt person in the world while shielding their own corrupt leaders like OBJ tinunu,fashiola Bode george etc?
Any leader from the eastern region that forms an alliance with those back stabbing bastards from the waste is an idiot!,what we need now is to unite and push 4 Biafra!
TO YOUR TENT O'ISREAL!....evrybody should answer is his fathers name

3 Likes

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by omonnakoda: 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
xtrorse:

A typical Yoruba person, once their wicked lies have been punctured and exposed they begin to curse and throw useless venoms as if you are the cause of their unstable, treaceh3rous ways...
Cry me a river biitch!!.
What does the SE have o show for GEJ's tenure in terms of projects? Compare that with the SW ?

Oh yes you got a photo of the Niger bridge which you can gaze at lovingly all day.
Just like the C0ck will gaze at the corn in the bottle all night but will not eat a single grain
Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by funkybully(f): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
hoobs:
Talk about what kwanu?,just like a little bitchh,the South West have been bleeped! And you know what they say,during sex you take of your clothes together and afta sex you dress your sef.The South West should go and pick up there clothes where they left it,WE in the eastern region are going with Biafra our country
Any leader from the eastern region that forms any alliance with the waste is bastard and a Saboteur
What happend afta Ironsi was killed and Ojukwu was fight for another southern brother Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe to take over as the most senior officer after Ironsi,didn't the coward run away and leave Ojukwu in danger and defenceless
What happend when Ojukwu trusted Awolowo to declare Oduduwa republic so tha evrybody would be on its own
What happened during the election period when the South West used their media to paint a fellow southern brother as the most corrupt person in the world while shielding their own corrupt leaders like OBJ tinunu,fashiola Bode george etc?
Any leader from the eastern region that forms an alliance with those back stabbing bastards from the waste is an idiot!,what we need now is to unite and push 4 Biafra!
TO YOUR TENT O'ISREAL!....evrybody should answer is his fathers name

Gbam! Endorsed!
Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
omonnakoda:
Cry me a river biitch!!.
What does the SE have o show for GEJ's tenure in terms of projects? Compare that with the SW ?

Oh yes you got a photo of the Niger bridge which you can gaze at lovingly all day.
Just like the C0ck will gaze at the corn in the bottle all night but will not eat a single grain

If I were you, I will quietly leave this topic.

Yorubas are on their own perioddd. angry

1 Like

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by omonnakoda: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

If I were you, I will quietly leave this topic.

Yorubas are on their own perioddd. angry
Yorubas have centuries of documented history so it is not for cannibalistic savages to tell us what is going on. Do we come to your red erosion ravaged soil in droves ? We have a plan what do you have empty noise and chest beating . Your only HOPE is to ATTACH to the SS and their oil.They ae smarter than that and will humiliate you AGAIN just as they did during the abandoned property saga
Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
omonnakoda:
Yorubas have centuries of documented history so it is not for cannibalistic savages to tell us what is going on. Do we come to your red erosion ravaged soil in droves ? We have a plan what do you have empty noise and chest beating . Your only HOPE is to ATTACH to the SS and their oil.They ae smarter than that and will humiliate you AGAIN just as they did during the abandoned property saga

The SS knows their real enemies who voted against their son on March 28 grin

3 Likes

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by bugzbunny: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
badnature:
I just want SE to be left alone in this matter even the SS should join their laser master(Yoruba)if their senior masters up north refused to carry them along.it's time we igbos stop using that word SS&SE those people should be left alone we are not the same the can relate with yoruba people but not us we are too focus and ambitious SS people are to lazy and easily confused.no matter how a SS man is educated if you subject him to a constant Yoruba media propaganda you confused him,a case in point is the notion that igbo people are their enemies,igbo people will dominate them,and the buy it and the people that rape their land and killed their people on a regular basis their senior Lord and junior Lord(hausa/Yoruba) are their mother and father respectively.as the often shout oil oil how many Niger delta people are in fobe magazine? but all the hausa/Dukakis& Yoruba people on the list their money can be trase back to Niger delta but the same Niger delta people are not on the list.this people will constitute a baggage to we igbo
BUsTEd yELLOw Bar..... Hahaha
ewumpama grin

2 Likes

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
omonnakoda:

Aside ritual-killings, office charms, tribalism, nepotism, falsehood, noise-making and propaganda, what else are Yoruba people good at?

A murderer will kill, a thief will steal from you, but you'll never know where you stand with a liar...

To Yoruba propagandists and their co-travellers
, Igbos do not need crude oil to excel. The Great Igbo Nation have always excelled without reliance on crude oil.
Stop feeling any important and leave Igbos out of your misery!

There's oil in Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Imo. The whole of Enugu and Anambra States are sitting on Gas deposits; Coal at Enugu, Lime stone for cement in Abakaliki; rice in Ebonyi State; West Africa's largest market at Onitsha, Anambra; big markets at Aba, Abia state and Nnewi, Anambra...I could go on and on. Even without reliance on crude oil the Igbos have excelled and are more than ever before capable of doing  more exploits and competing with the World powers! 

The Igbo's quest is not for traitors or parasites but strictly for people who value hard work, honesty, diligence, dedication, patriotism and efficiency. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources at its disposal.

There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing great. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have crude oil. Same with Japan in Asia. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. 

WHAT ARE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF IGBOS TO LAGOS AND ITS ENVIRONS 

In Lagos and Ogun States alone Igbos have established and built business imparting positively on Nigeria economy. Some of these companies are viz:

Emzor Pharmaceuticals - Lagos
Capital Oil - Lagos
Chi limited - Lagos
Coscharis Motors - Lagos
Visa Phone - Lagos, Ogun
Fidelity Bank - Lagos, Ogun
Diamond Bank - Lagos, Ogun
Slot limited - Lagos, Ogun
Anabel Industries - Ogun
FAN - Lagos
Numerous hotels and Private schools, Businesses

Car dealership and many other Igbo businesses and industries operating in SW. 

In the South-East Igbos are dominating in manufacturing hub at Abia and Anambra; Nollywood ($5.1 billion industry) headquarters at Upper Iweka Anambra state.

Agriculturally SE is doing excellently with Abia State being the highest producer of cocoa; Ebonyi State - rice  Other farm products are palm oil, cassava and rice in Imo State. 

Tourism in Enugu State is doing splendidly.

Now the question is, apart from Igbos and foreigners that dominate Lagos and Ogun manufacturing hub, how many manufacturing companies does Yorubas own in the SW? What is the Yorubas contribution to the economy of Lagos and Ogun state?

WHY ARE IGBOS TROOPING TO LAGOS AND OTHER REGIONS

After the 1967-70 civil war Gowon promised to rehabilitate the East with the 3Rs. What happened. The Gowon government and the subsequent regimes diverted all jobs from the East to Lagos in the SW, carting away large chunks of Igbos revenue meant for developing and reconstructing the Eastern region to  building a mega city out of Lagos to.

There is no law on this earth that prohibits free movement of people and participation in government. It takes a man of courage to venture into an unknown terrain and conquer it. The Chinese are doing it. The British, Portuguese, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese etc. did it. If the great Roman Empire hadn't ventured no one would have known they were great. Today many American businesses are located offshores in China, Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, United Arab Emirate and they are still venturing out to conquer unknown terrains.

For you to be great you have to venture out of your comfort zone. This is the true character of the ever industrious and peace-loving Great Igbo Nation. As of today it would be an understatement to aver that Igbos control 50% of the economy of Lagos and its environs. You see, it pays to venture out instead of lazing around touting and disturbing the peace of the society. 

Cease from being short-sighted and wallowing in the ocean of tribalism. You end up dissipating your energy in hating and being envious of goal-getters and achievers - the Great Igbo Nation who have made life meaningful for you and your folks. 

Stop focusing on the oil wealth from another man's backyard. 

Yoruba need to explore the world, not staying at home eating amala and gbegiri, and later whine away their lives envying the lofty achievements of the Great Igbo Nation who are key to SW economy.
Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by omonnakoda: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

The SS knows their real enemies who voted against their son on March 28 grin
As usual you talk like sentimental bitches.
1. Ijaw is not SS and SS is not Ijaw
2. Yoruba voted GEJ in 2011 it is not about friendship or enmity Where were the Eboes when Bakare and Wole Soyinka were demonstrating for GEJ to be sworn in in 2010
3. Yoruba rejected Buhari at several elections it was not about friendship or enmity
4. Yorubas may reject Buhari in 2019 it will not be about friendship or enmity
5. As usual you reason like children if I buy you ice cream I am your friend and if I do not I am enemy
6. Try and reason like adults for once.GEJ was a disaster
The real question is what did GEJ do for the last 5 years to make the south united and strong so they can stand up to the north ? What ddid the EBoes around him do? The Eboes need to forget this idea that somehow,one day they will wreak some kind of revenge or humiliation on the Yorubas. That is what motivated those Eboes around GEJ but they forgot that 4 years is a short time.Eboes do not think strategically. Now the Yorubas know they can NEVER trust them and at what cost to Eboes what did they gain over the last 4 years.? Just a photo of a proposed 2nd Niger Bridge grin

There is something Eboes do not understand about this marginalization business and so we will remind and educate them;

THEY,EBOES, are the one who so much need federal appointments .Yorubas are quite used to being in opposition and marginalized as long as projects and development flow to our region.

In 1979,just 9 years after the civil war provoked by Eboe treachery ended we had an election and the Eboes went into partnershiip with the north.The Yorubas preferred to stay in opposition. 1979-1983( During this time the Egbin thermal station,which is the biggest plant in Nigeria was built why was a 2nd Niger bridge not built?) Eboes always think they are clever but end up being the fools
The The Vice president ALex Ekwueme
Senate President Joe Wayas(Cross River)
Speaker House of Representatives Edwin Ume-Ezeooke
The real questions is what benefit these positions brought to Eboeland
The Yorubas did not cry but rather revelled in and delivered credible opposition while Zik was caricatured as a "BRIDE" of the North.Some may be too young to remember but those are the facts

Imagine if those positions were occupied by Yorubas and Eboes left out they would have wailed like the demented biitches they are.
We saw the same under GEJ a southern President so we are used to this . I will not go back to what Zik did in the 60s with Balewa and how they conspired to jail Awo. The Eboes like to think they are smart when indeed they are worse than imbeciles

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=9019830&topic=745731

Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.

We must never let them forget this thread from 2011 now parade has changed gear

1 Like

Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Fleshly: 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
We dont need to talk anything with the youlubaboobs, they suck.

I don't know how many times those idiotic and cone headed dolts will be used and dumped by their wretched foolanis masters before they come to their senses. I know just like awolowo, tinubu will follow suit in his desire to take his own life.

We Ndigbo we rule in our affairs, we rock and glow, we don't take shit from anybody, be you who, and that's how we roll. We didn't vote for buhari and we make no apologies for that, our vote went to GEJ and we are not regretting it.

We made our stance known to the world, we ain't going to support any Fulani govt and thats what we mean. Yorubaboons can go to hell

Idiots!
Re: SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 30, 2015
omonnakoda:

As usual you talk like sentimental bitches.
1. Ijaw is not SS and SS is not Ijaw
2. Yoruba voted GEJ in 2011 it is not about friendship or enmity Where were the Eboes when Bakare and Wole Soyinka were demonstrating for GEJ to be sworn in in 2010
3. Yoruba rejected Buhari at several elections it was not about friendship or enmity
4. Yorubas may reject Buhari in 2019 it will not be about friendship or enmity
5. As usual you reason like children if I buy you ice cream I am your friend and if I do not I am enemy
6. Try and reason like adults for once.GEJ was a disaster
The real question is what did GEJ do for the last 5 years to make the south united and strong so they can stand up to the north ? What ddid the EBoes around him do? The Eboes need to forget this idea that somehow,one day they will wreak some kind of revenge or humiliation on the Yorubas. That is what motivated those Eboes around GEJ but they forgot that 4 years is a short time.Eboes do not think strategically. Now the Yorubas know they can NEVER trust them and at what cost to Eboes what did they gain over the last 4 years.? Just a photo of a proposed 2nd Niger Bridge grin

There is something Eboes do not understand about this marginalization business and so we will remind and educate them;

THEY,EBOES, are the one who so much need federal appointments .Yorubas are quite used to being in opposition and marginalized as long as projects and development flow to our region.

In 1979,just 9 years after the civil war provoked by Eboe treachery ended we had an election and the Eboes went into partnershiip with the north.The Yorubas preferred to stay in opposition. 1979-1983( During this time the Egbin thermal station,which is the biggest plant in Nigeria was built why was a 2nd Niger bridge not built?) Eboes always think they are clever but end up being the fools
The The Vice president ALex Ekwueme
Senate President Joe Wayas(Cross River)
Speaker House of Representatives Edwin Ume-Ezeooke
The real questions is what benefit these positions brought to Eboeland
The Yorubas did not cry but rather revelled in and delivered credible opposition while Zik was caricatured as a "BRIDE" of the North.Some may be too young to remember but those are the facts

Imagine if those positions were occupied by Yorubas and Eboes left out they would have wailed like the demented biitches they are.
We saw the same under GEJ a southern President so we are used to this . I will not go back to what Zik did in the 60s with Balewa and how they conspired to jail Awo. The Eboes like to think they are smart when indeed they are worse than imbeciles

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=9019830&topic=745731

We must never let them forget this thread from 2011 now parade has changed gear

What do Yorubas call 'political sophistication'? Peddling lies and propaganda in every available media in order to tarnish and paint other people black so as to make some undue political gains that are bound to boomerang? 

[b]It's basically in Yorubaland that a man like Tinubu who embezzled Lagos State would call the shots and Yorubas would still sheepishly prostrate before him and follow him and his candidate blindly. Many Yorubas sheepishly follow criminals like they have no sense.

As big as Rochas Okorocha is, he was not sure of winning a second term as a governor of Imo State because his people were not satisfied with him. In Ebonyi State, the governor's candidates failed woefully. That's the Igbos for you. Nobody can hold Igbos down for too long; they will rise up against such political leader.
It's in Yoruba land that one person would perpetually control the people's resources and they will sheepishly follow him. If it were in the South East, Akinwumi Ambode will deny Tinubu publicly to stand a chance of winning the gubernatorial election just like Ikpeazu, Abia State PDP candidate, denied TA Orji to win some votes.

Igbo people believe no man was born to perpetually lord it over them.  

Observe that most of the people talked carelessly if not stupidly as regards 2015 elections, both in the ruling party and the opposition were Yorubas. Many  took things overboard,  threatening fire and brimstone - from Obj, Tinubu, Okupe, FFK, Lai Muhammed, Fayose, Fashola etc.

Even Yoruba people who cannot handle their families and fence-climbing thugs with no respect for the law or law enforcement called president GEJ unprintable names.

These unrepentant thieves, prostitutes and murderers of yesterday have used their giant loots to attempt to grow legitimacy and to corner the "highest-bidder-gains-it -all" political process.
They seem to feel they are born kings and queens and that attention is owed them. They do not consider anyone else's nature, but bulldoze over other people with self-righteous arrogance and supposed 'sophistication'.

For the records, Igbos supported Tinubu, and Fashola as governors of Lagos State for 16 years! That was why an Igbo man, Ben Akabueze, has been a major cabinet member in Lagos for both Tinubu and Fashola.[/b]

Facts are sacred...
Yoruba have proven beyond reasonable doubt to be chief tribalists in Nigeria and can NEVER vote anybody outside their tribe in elections. Otherwise can you compare Obasanjo’s 4 years and Jonathan's 4 years Yet Yorubas supported Obasanjo for 2nd term notwithstanding Buhari was contesting in 2003.

Yoruba has been voting along tribal line since independence (facts are sacred). Quit denigrating other tribes especially Igbos to cover your lies and ethnic bias.
The South-West zone had 14,296,163 registered voters, which represented 19.44% of the total number of voters nationwide. In terms of national electoral strength, the zone was number 2. Taking into account the electoral behaviour of the South-West since independence, the zone has proven itself, without exception, of incapable of voting anyone other than its own

In the 1st Republic, it voted mainly Action Group in favour of Chief Obafemi Awolowo with about 69% voters’ turnout.

In the 2nd Republic, it voted 78.75% of its total votes cast for UPN in favour of Chief Awolowo, with 70% voters’ turnout. 

In the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the pattern was repeated more or less the same, except that the total percentage of SDP’s votes in favour of Chief MKO Abiola rose up to 84.5% in the zone. 

In the 1999 presidential election, mainly because the only two candidates for the presidency were both from the South-West, the zone’s voters’ turnout was abysmally low (48.09%) with about 68% of the votes cast to APP in favour of Chief Olu Falaye. 2003 also recorded poor voters’ turnout with 71% of votes cast for Obasanjo’s PDP. 

In 2011, with no South-Western candidate fielded by any of the major parties, the South-West voted PDP when a functional alliance with the CPC failed to field in Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu or his nominee. Besides, with the vicious experience of Alliance for Democracy in 2003 when the PDP Federal Government uprooted AD government in five states of the zone, the South-West could not afford to risk having an opposition PDP government at the Federal level again; certainly not after the hard pains and toils of forming the APC. It is therefore existential for the South-West to vote APC at the presidential election.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of Buhari Ministers State Of Origin / Kayode Ogundamisi To Ben Murray-bruce On MTN/NCC N5bn Fine. / The Truth Behind The Latest APC Propaganda On Nnamdi Kanu Begging Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.