Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

Help Me To Finetune The Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Me To Finetune The Code (814 Views)

How To Remember The Code You’re Learning / Please Help Me Write The Code To Connect My Vb Application to Ms Access. Please / How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me To Finetune The Code by royalicon(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2009
Hello NL, can anyone help me with this PHP code.

Pls help me to finetune this PHP code to mine from my Db with particular reference to a form item.
e.g.
select *from DB where StudentID = "$text_StudentID"

What I want here is ("$text_StudentID"wink is a form item that will use the studentID in the form as a basis of searching the dD among other items.
Pls correct the SQL for me as i know its wrong, not fecthing from the db.

Thanks.
Re: Help Me To Finetune The Code by jackdaniel(m): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello NL, can anyone help me with this PHP code.

Pls help me to finetune this PHP code to mine from my Db with particular reference to a form item.
e.g.
select *from DB where StudentID = "$text_StudentID"

What I want here is ("$text_StudentID"wink is a form item that will use the studentID in the form as a basis of searching the dD among other items.
Pls correct the SQL for me as i know its wrong, not fecthing from the db.

i think the problem with your code is in its semantics; you should select from the table in the DB and not straight from the DB itself. hope this helps grin
Re: Help Me To Finetune The Code by lojik(m): 9:30pm On May 03, 2009
since its within php, it shd be:

"select * from table_name where StudentID = ".$text_StudentID

put it as:

//construct the sql statement
$query = "select * from table_name where StudentID = ".$text_StudentID;

//execute it and return the sql error if it fails
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

(1) (Reply)

Can I Change From Window To Linux Os. / Cheap Books On Programming And Web Devpt - Www.kalahari.com.ng / Free Python Programming Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.