Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner (21474 Views)

Any Whatsapp Or Facebook Group For New Site Owner And How To Get Traffic / If You Are A Blogger/webmaster Or Site Owner This's For You / Am A Site Owner , Please Can I Boost My Website Traffick On Google (pls Hlp) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
pussydog:
pls how can i link my domain and my blog together? and still retain my template . pls help thank you

Send a mail to blogoxygen@outlook.com and that can be done for you at a very cheap price. Especially if you have already bought a .com domain name.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by Princzsmith(m): 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
nice post... Pls how can i be a blogger?
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by dwebdesign(m): 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
well articulated post.

**************************************************************************************************************************

You need a good website designer or an a developer skilled in website designing languages to build a website for you at cheap and affordable price.?

We will help you build your website with custom features, a professional touch, a mobile friendly and search engine optimised( SEO) website.

No matter how big or complex your website project is, we will handle it for you, we have done that and are willing to share our portfolio with you.

Contact us today.

Mobile: 08133884165

WhatsApp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

We are skilled with expert level knowledge in languages as:

HTML/HTML5,

CSS/CSS3,

PHP, MYSQL,

Javascript/Jquery,

JqueryMobile,Bootstrap.

CMS(content management systems)-> (WordPress, Joomla, Opencart, Magento, Whmcs, Drupal and Pulse Cms, blogger ).
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by Godmother(f): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
Princzsmith:

Sign up for a free blog at www.blogger.com (you can always trasnsfer to your domain later) and start from there. Blogger has a simple-to-use user interface and will take you step by step on how to get your blog set up. Just follow the process and you are good to go.

I have a blog that is just a few months old and write most of the posts myself. I have set the next one year before I start making money from it, even though I have ads displayed. I'm not new to blogging; been in it for years now so I know how hard it can be to make money off it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Princzsmith:

You need to select a niche (area of interest), select the platform you want (wordpress or blogger), register and start sharing information.

That's of course a summary. You can send a mail to blogoxygen@outlook.com for a more detailed info.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by bummyla(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
God bless you too! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
bummyla:
God bless you too! http://www.bummyla.com

Thanks.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by charlyge(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
Facebook page of 3200likes and 16k likes for sale ping 7F563EFC or whatsaap 07066241263 if u interested
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by Emeka71(m): 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
Bravo/ check-out http://www.9jatotalfacts.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
Everyone, send a mail to blogoxygen@outlook.com for your blog design and redesign. Let's help you make your site look sleek and stylish at a very affordable rate.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by HireKiller(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
googlepikin:
OK make I help you out. you can start blogging about frozen meat and fish.

I guess this means you blog about cow
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by paulaspearz(f): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nice post. Check out my blog www.gistpartner.com and tell me if there are areas i should work on
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by Smartlife(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
BlogOxygen:
Everyone, send a mail to blogoxygen@outlook.com for your blog design and redesign. Let's help you make your site look sleek and stylish at a very affordable rate.

Hi blogoxygen check this blog and tell me where I need to improve on. http://www.secretofbet.com
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
BlogOxygen:

Thanks for the info but that's quite an unprofessional and unethical practice. One of the reasons we don't advice hosting on a Nigerian host. Why not try a foreign time-tested host?
I won't blame whogohost.com owners. it's always one dubious staff sitting behind the computer trying to make fast money. in Europe or US someone will go to jail. cos that's insider stealing
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by styles2009: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
kay29000:

Competing? I thought you said there are so many niches to be covered in the Nigerian/African market? If so, it won't hurt if you give me an idea on ONE niche. Abi you wan start 10 blogs at the same time?

Why should i think, research and give you my idea , just like that?

All the information and tool is on your fingertips, google got so much infos you need from start to scratch, i did a simple research 4 years ago and am still making passive income till date.
So my tip, take a piece of paper,do your research in all niche you can imagine, test,test and test again till you see the right one you need and before i forget, using a mobile phone would never get you a desired result.

As for your question: Yes am an addict to owning sites and domain name, i got close to 20 and more still to come. grin
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by Edigrows: 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
been in the blogosphere for a while now, it never really paid off till 2 years later grin , and that's the amazing part of it, once it clicks, you wont need to Work too much any longer, is like planting an Orange, after years, u dont need to water and watch it as much anymore, it will just keep yielding fruits, ask Seun , he is a good witness to that grin
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by isaacgravity(m): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
Wow! This is one of the most wonderful article I have ever read, nice write up dear poster please keep it up.
http//Www.schoolnewsportal.com
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by kay29000(m): 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
styles2009:

Why should i think, research and give you my idea , just like that?

All the information and tool is on your fingertips, google got so much infos you need from start to scratch, i did a simple research 4 years ago and am still making passive income till date.
So my tip, take a piece of paper,do your research in all niche you can imagine, test,test and test again till you see the right one you need and before i forget, using a mobile phone would never get you a desired result.

As for your question: Yes am an addict to owning sites and domain name, i got close to 20 and more still to come. grin

Okay. Thank you.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by subah(m): 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
Very informative.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
paulaspearz:
Nice post. Check out my blog www.gistpartner.com and tell me if there are areas i should work on

Your site is ok, template is nice and navigation is manageable.
Could you consider your mobile viewers and fit in your ad pixel size.
Then you could boost your Twitter and Facebook likes and followers to increase your post views as you have multiple post categories.
Thanks.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
isaacgravity:
Wow! This is one of the most wonderful article I have ever read, nice write up dear poster please keep it up.
http//Www.schoolnewsportal.com

Thanks isaacgravity
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
Emeka71:
Bravo/ check-out http://www.9jatotalfacts.

Nice blog Emeka71. Nice content too.
Consider changing to .com and try working on getting a breakout WP template.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by MATEX30: 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nice and great, check out my new blog - www.businessblogmoney.com
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
Smartlife:

Hi blogoxygen check this blog and tell me where I need to improve on. http://www.secretofbet.com

Your blogger blog is ok, but sincerely still needs a few more works. Your post alignment, your header alignment, your ad sense space setting, and quite a few other things.

1 Like

Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 7:35am On Sep 18, 2015
MATEX30:

Nice and great, check out my new blog - www.businessblogmoney.com

Nice blog Matex30. And good content.
- Your template is device locked
- Work on your page links to stop redirecting to your hosting site.
- Work on showing ads on your mobile template.

Also do you mind adding: "Source: www.blogoxygen.com" to our post on your site?... or you could take it down altogether.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by Julius2214(m): 7:57am On Sep 18, 2015
BlogOxygen:

Also do you mind adding: "Source: www.blogoxygen.com" to our post on your site?... or you could take it down altogether.
True talk.
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by toys2seven(m): 8:42am On Sep 18, 2015
Nice. One of the most informative piece I've read on Nairaland. Wow!
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by Seuncoded(f): 8:58am On Sep 18, 2015
BlogOxygen:
Hello everyone, TGIF. How's your weekend plans going? Quickly, just because not every blog/site that went on break on Friday will live to see the next Monday morning, here are BlogOxygen's 5 things you need to STOP telling yourself as a blogger/site owner.

1. Sophistication is equal to monetization: This is totally false. Your site can have a very simple design, yet garner enough traffic and sales to drown some more sophisticated sites. It doesn't actually follow. Do you know Nairaland is one of the simplest looking sites and one of the richest in Nigeria?

2. I don't need to invest: Then go ahead and make the money. There's no biz that doesn't require investments. Time and Energy expecially, over money. You'll write articles (probably pay writers), you'll pay for SEO, proofread your posts, etc. Investments are inevitable if you're a serious blogger/site owner.

3. I'll remain on free hosting: Don't let Linda Ikeji hear you say this one. Cyber Squatters are Real! Don't let the #2,500 or #3,000 you'll pay to get your domain name registered, put you in a situation like our dear Linda in future, where you are stuck with your .whatever.com or pay cyber squatters a hefty chunk to redeem your domain name.

4. I'll write all my posts myself: Without trying to "cheap-advertise" here, pls try to be realistic. You would have to pay writers at one point or the other, if you're a serious "looking-to-make-money" blogger. Else, the "after-publishing" tasks of sharing the link on social media, IM publicity, newsletter (for those who send), etc. would definitely wear you out and drain your passion. Except you're a weekly or monthly(period) blogger. Top bloggers know this and so should you.

5. It's been three months. I should've started making the money: Come take a hug. You must have probably read one of those "Make $1,000 in three weeks" ebook and started blogging - sorry about that. You see, there's more to blogging than the Info Marketer explained. But he needs to make his own money too. Doesn't he?... You can even spend six months without making a dime but don't let those months go to waste. Use it to build trust between you and your prospects. Use it to network your blog with other top ones in your niche. It's a matter of once the money starts coming in, it'll be worth the wait. Alright?

God bless every blogger/site owner reading this.

Cheers to your blogging success, be safe and have a great weekend.

Yours,
BlogOxygen.

how about my forum
Re: 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner by BlogOxygen: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Seuncoded:

how about my forum

Post your URL. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google's Most Searched Words In Nigeria / Anyalekwa Of Igbere TV Building A House After DSS Arrest (Pics) / How Do I Insert Hyperlinks In A Nairaland Post?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.