Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,992 members, 7,828,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

World Poorest President - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / World Poorest President (473 Views)

Eight Billionaires As Rich As World Poorest Half / Amazing: See World's Poorest President / How To Be The Poorest Person On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Poorest President by dirorodje(m): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
It is a common grumble that Our Vampire politicians' lifestyles are far removed from those of their electorate who voted them into offices. Not so in Uruguay.
Laundry is strung outside the house. The water comes from a well in a yard, overgrown with weeds. Only two police officers and Manuela, a three-legged dog, keep watch outside his residential base

President Jose Mujica has been described by the International media as "the world's 'poorest' president", due to his modest modus operandi and his donation of around 90 percent of his $12,000 (£7,500) monthly salary to charities that benefit the talakawa and small entrepreneurs.
In 2005, He married Lucía Topolansky, a fellow Tupamaro member and current senator, after many years of co-habitation. They have no children and live on an austere farm in the outskirts of Montevideo where they cultivate chrysanthemums for sale, he refused to move to the luxurious house the Uruguayan state provides for its leaders, and chose instead to stay in the modest home he shares with his wife in the capital, Montevideo. Jose Mujica drives an old 1987 Volkswagen Beetle.

His lifestyle and the fact that he donates 90 percent of his salary to charity has earned him the label 'the poorest president in the world.I guess the world is not really interested in those who really want change but they all cry they need change.

Mujica is a man who practices the simplicity he preaches and never minces words, a style some of his countrymen criticise as unpresidential, but which makes him a hero to those of his countrymen who has benefitted from him and to those who believes in change and also to me for I see him as one of my greatest heroes and mentors.

In an interview, "Those who describe me so are the poor ones," he says. "My definition of poor are those who need too much. Because those who need too much are never satisfied." That is to say those who always goes after everything as long as they yield wealth from it are not as rich as they thought from all ramifications, rulers are never satisfied and they are very very poor inspite of the wealth they have stolen from the world.

My mentor said “I'm called 'the poorest president', but I don't feel poor. Poor people are those who only work to try to keep an expensive lifestyle, and always want more and more.”
It is very clear that we dont have heroes as leaders like him in my very own country, we have political armed robbers and economic saboteurs that have stolen the collective wealth of the nation.Why would there not be insecurity, where unemployment is the order of the day? Why would there not be insecurity where poverty has taken over homosapiens? Why would there not be insecurity, where our docile and weak rulers amass wealth to themselves at the detriment of the masses?

If these issues are not addressed without much ado, I doubt if we would still have air to breath at last cos even all the wealth can't buy any like it.

1 Like

Re: World Poorest President by olafum1(m): 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok cool
Re: World Poorest President by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 29, 2015
Re: World Poorest President by engrjacuzzi: 5:42am On Aug 29, 2015
if only PMB and our greedy polithiefians can be as poor as that, Nigeria would have attain it's lofty dreams.

(1) (Reply)

Man Moderates A Live Mortal Combat Between An Anaconda And A Stonefish / Facebook's First 250 Employees' Secret Group Where Various Discussions Are Held / How Common Sense Challenge Saved A Man's Life - Thenews.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.