Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out (36226 Views)

Sgf: How Fashola Was Schemed Out / Sgf: How Fashola Was Schemed Out / SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by haul: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2015
gists:
Tinubu, the Nigerian Marchiavelli
The man you hate to love grin

Tinubu is just Making Use Of the Cat's-Paws.
As stated in Law 26 of the 48 Laws of Power (which is practically a derivative of Niccolo Marchiavelli's book "THE PRINCE"wink
You must seem a paragon of civility and efficiency: Your hands are never soiled by mistakes and nasty deeds. Maintain such a spotless appearance by using others as scapegoats and cat's-paws to disguise your involvement.

" a prince must know how to make use of the nature of the beast, he should choose from among the beasts the fox and the lion; for the lion cannot defend itself from traps, while the fox cannot protect itself from the wolves. It is therefore necessary to be a fox, in order to recognize the traps, and a lion, in order to frighten the wolves: those who base their behavior only on the lion do not understand things. A wise ruler, therefore, cannot and should not keep his word when such an observance would be to his disadvantage, and when the reasons that caused him to make a promise are removed"

This right here really explains a lot in politics.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by LastProphet: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2015
agabusta:
Buhari shocked many when he selected a relatively unknown man as his running mate, the current Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. Interestingly, the running mate selected turned out to be a Pastor!

Dogara who emerged as the speaker is a christian.

Babachir Lawal has been appointed into the powerful position in the Federation as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation. The engine room of the government of the day. This appointment also shocked many as the man is relatively unknown.

Babachir is a Christian and also a Pastor! The implication of this is that we now have a Pastor as the Vice President and a Pastor as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation. The Speaker of the House of Representatives is also a Christian.

Can it still be said that PMB is pursuing an Islamic agenda??

I can see that most people who were shouting islamization has piped down and are now screaming "northern agenda!"

By the time the remaining appointments balances out the distribution, i'll be waiting to see what wailers will wail about next. smiley

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by officialtahir: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2015
agabusta:
Buhari shocked many when he selected a relatively unknown man as his running mate, the current Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. Interestingly, the running mate selected turned out to be a Pastor!

Babachir Lawal has been appointed into the powerful position in the Federation as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation. The engine room of the government of the day. This appointment also shocked many as the man is relatively unknown.

Babachir is a Christian and also a Pastor! The implication of this is that we now have a Pastor as the Vice President and a Pastor as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation. The Speaker of the House of Representatives is also a Christian.

I can see that most people who were shouting islamization has piped down and are now screaming "northern agenda!"

By the time the remaining appointments balances out the distribution, i'll be waiting to see what wailers will wail about next. smiley
Yeah before it was buhari will islamize Nigeria buh now its buhari wants to Northernize Nigeria Nd baba no even send dem lol

1 Like

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by drpossibilities(m): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2015
Mr. Ade Ipaye is not a Senior Advocate of Nigeria please.

1 Like

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Kingspin(m): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2015
agabusta:

WHY DO THE NORTH(Islam) KILL Because of religion?
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by situationroom: 9:13am On Aug 29, 2015
I av tried to come to a logical conclusion why this news should concern me .......but all to no avail
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by agabusta: 9:14am On Aug 29, 2015
nationwide1:

Point of correction: Buhari did not pick / appoint Prof Osibanjo. He was imposed on him. Buhari had never known Osibanjo prior to that period.

I discover so many people, especially the naive ones are trying very hard to defend Buhari's misstep but the matured minds even in APC know what's up.

Be sincere with yourself, Buhari is not a timid person that an option can be forced down his throat. The party whose flag he was flying played a key role in the choice of the VP.

Options were given to him with reasons and he finally selected Prof Yemi Osinbajo.

Are u saying it is only those people one knows personally that one must choose to work with?? That is quite myopic.

I have always been an ardent fan of Buhari, but I must confess that I was initially disappointed in his choice of running mate. I personally wanted an Oshiomole or Rochas.

But after reading about the man, PYO and interacting with him directly during one of the APC town hall meetings, I became convinced he was a superb choice. And my admiration for PMB even soared the more.

I also have friends in RCCG who confirmed that the man is steadfast, honest, intellectually sound and very hardworking. Which other personality does Nigeria need as a VP?

Go and check all the people PMB has been picking as running mates, they were all sound and intelligent people. Buhari is no push over.

PMB is quite more intelligent than a lot of you his critics thinks.

In my own opinion these recent appointments he made were all sound save for the Chief of staff that I think is too old and may not be that vibrant.

The only mistake he made was that he should have made public other appointments he was given to Southerners alongside to balance public opinion.

1 Like

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by wiseoneking: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2015
agabusta:

Islamic agenda is not just in appointment of christians or pope, it is beyond that, it is more on interior motive and secret deals you and i is not seeing. Buhari is like a leopard. He cannot change his skin.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Tripleclick(m): 9:24am On Aug 29, 2015
YORUBAS IS THE CUS OF ALL THIS,,, BECAUSE YOUR MEDIA IS POWERFUL, YOU USE IT AGAINST EVERY REGION, INCITIN HATE IN THE MINDS OF PPLE,, THIS IS HW THY INCITE HATE AGAINST IGBOS, AND EVEN TURN OUR ONLY BROTHERS FROM SOUTH AGAINST US, AND ALSO KEEP BLACKMAILING PPL,AND KEPT DEFENDIN HAUSAS, AND IGBOS THUO WITHOUT MEDIA STILL BACK FIRES,, THEN NORTHS KEEP SILIENT,, THEY ARE NOW THE SAINTS,,CUS YORUBA MEDIA DARE NT BLACKMAIL DM!
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by agabusta: 9:25am On Aug 29, 2015
Kingspin:
WHY DO THE NORTH(Islam) KILL Because of religion?

It's mainly due to illiteracy, poverty and hopelessness. There are so many hopeless people in the North just roaming about and waiting for something to happen. An hopeless man is a very dangerous man. When such a person is now an illiterate, the person can be easily brainwashed.

Now imagine what a brainwashed, illiterate and an hopeless person can do. The person has nothing to lose, does not value life, has no love because he/she has not be shown love on the street. Multitudes of such persons are available in the North.

But the enlightenment has really improved now. With such highly educated people such as the Sultan of Sokoto and the Emir of Kano, after Boko haram has been conquered, you'll see that their religious intolerance will reduce. because Northerners revere their leaders. They listen to them.

Even down south. If u observe those people that are always ready to scatter things and start a riot especially motor park touts, you'll see that they mainly the uneducated ones.

So illiteracy plays a key role in those religious riots up north.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by gists: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2015
haul:

" a prince must know how to make use of the nature of the beast, he should choose from among the beasts the fox and the lion; for the lion cannot defend itself from traps, while the fox cannot protect itself from the wolves. It is therefore necessary to be a fox, in order to recognize the traps, and a lion, in order to frighten the wolves: those who base their behavior only on the lion do not understand things. A wise ruler, therefore, cannot and should not keep his word when such an observance would be to his disadvantage, and when the reasons that caused him to make a promise are removed"

This right here really explains a lot in politics.
Thanks for the quote from the little but might book "The Prince"
That quote is what world leaders all over the world use. Emotional and excessively religious people will strongly disagree with many of its content but if you are serious of getting desired results and remaining relevant, then you better read, digest and implement the teachings.

At the end of the day, it not about "how right" or "how moral" or "how balanced" you were (even though you need to pretend to have all these qualities). You will be judged on the basis of what you achieved without too much emphasis on the means with which you achieved it.

grin It also looks like Buhari now has a copy of the book grin
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by chichriso: 9:32am On Aug 29, 2015
good one
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Gbawe: 9:32am On Aug 29, 2015
agabusta:

Be sincere with yourself, Buhari is not a timid person that an option can be forced down his throat. The party whose flag he was flying played a key role in the choice of the VP.

Options were given to him with reasons and he finally selected Prof Yemi Osinbajo.

Are u saying it is only those people one knows personally that one must choose to work with?? That is quite myopic.

I have always been an ardent fan of Buhari, but I must confess that I was initially disappointed in his choice of running mate. I personally wanted an Oshiomole or Rochas.

But after reading about the man, PYO and interacting with him directly during one of the APC town hall meetings, I became convinced he was a superb choice. And my admiration for PMB even soared the more.

I also have friends in RCCG who confirmed that the man is steadfast, honest, intellectually sound and very hardworking. Which other personality does Nigeria need as a VP?

Go and check all the people PMB has been picking as running mates, they were all sound and intelligent people. Buhari is no push over.

In my own opinion these recent appointments he made were all sound save for the Chief of staff that I think is too old and may not be that vibrant.

The only mistake he made was that he should have made public other appointments he was given to Southerners alongside to balance public opinion.

Indeed. This is why I personally don't understand why anyone would believe Buhari would want Fashola as SGF when he could deploy the former Lagos governor in far more critical areas that are fundamental to the success or failure of Buhari's government and indeed Nigeria. What I have come to accept is that many Nigerians prefer to entertain the wildest and most senseless conspiracy theory rather than use their common sense and thinking logic.

If I were President today would I use Fashola as SGF? Hell no !!!! I would be thinking about power sector or works. For example, Nigeria needs a modern and efficient transport sector. only few leaders would be able to coordinate the extensive effort that would be required to produced this and Fashola has already provided a sample of his ability in this sector even with virtually no support from the FG. Fashola's achievement in transport in Lagos, to include the much lauded modular train network, means that any serious President must consider him as a transport/infrastructure guru or for any other sector critical to the success of Nigeria. Yet if people want to ignore what is obvious to take flights of fantasies then it is impossible to stop them doing this.

Some are ignoring one basic reality i.e Buhari is a round-peg-in-round-hole type of leader. He does not do political expediency and has no interest in 'dashing' appointments like GEJ and others before him did. Under Buhari leaders will get jobs matched to their talent and proven expertise. A man who is one of the best in Nigeria at developing built environment will not be made a secretary.

2 Likes

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by anigold(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2015
Gombs:
Fash... You dined with the devil. Simple

Get thee behind me LadyF grin

thats how Ameachi will be schemed out... A Fool is someone who betray his brothers for a plate of pepper soup.....
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2015
kamair237:
Lets be loyal to our course.....
APC let's not behave like Wailers...

PARTY loyalty....
Lets believe that PMB will pull us through...

Plz when will u wake up from sleep, is it the Buhari who don't know anything but prove to be an illiterate as they called him will pull through?

Don't be offended just asking grin grin grin
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by anigold(m): 9:42am On Aug 29, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. This is why I personally don't understand why anyone would believe Buhari would want Fashola as SGF when he could deploy the former Lagos governor in far more critical areas that are fundamental to the success or failure of Buhari's government and indeed Nigeria. What I have come to accept is that many Nigerians prefer to entertain the wildest and most senseless conspiracy theory rather than use their common sense and thinking logic.

If I were President today would I use Fashola as SGF? Hell no !!!! I would be thinking about power sector or works. For example, Nigeria needs a modern and efficient transport sector. only few leaders would be able to coordinate the extensive effort that would be required to produced this and Fashola has already provided a sample of his ability in this sector even with virtually no support from the FG. Fashola's achievement in transport in Lagos, to include the much lauded modular train network, means that any serious President must consider him as a transport/infrastructure guru or for any other sector critical to the success of Nigeria. Yet if people want to ignore what is obvious to take flights of fantasies then it is impossible to stop them doing this.

Some are ignoring one basic reality i.e Buhari is a round-peg-in-round-hole type of leader. He does not do political expediency like GEJ and others. Under Buhari leaders will get jobs matched to their talent and proven expertise. A man who is one of the best in Nigeria at developing built environment will not be made a secretary under Buhari.

soon buhari will appoint ministers and fashola's name will not be there, thats when you statement will be invalid...

Buhari's appointment has nothing to do with competence but ethnic favouritism....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Bialegend(m): 9:43am On Aug 29, 2015
Are these people still wailing?
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Billygee2u: 9:44am On Aug 29, 2015
kamair237:
Lets be loyal to our course.....
APC let's not behave like Wailers...

PARTY loyalty....
Lets believe that PMB will pull us through...
hypocrite,you cannot voice out your saddened heart now,because you do not want anybody to know that you have regretted voting and supporting dictator buharidulallardinhobabagoslowonechance
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by stag: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2015
I thought the excuse for the list of appointees so far is 'Merit'. If this is so, why can we not have the Deputy Chief of Staff (Lawal), a SAN and Lagosian, and still have Chief of Staff (Fashola), a SAN & Lagosian.

Why claim merit where it suits aim, yet turn around to use Federal Character as guise to out-play a candidate with the merit.

The party really needs to define what yardstick they intend to build principles on. Merit or Federal character? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by haul: 9:48am On Aug 29, 2015
gists:

Thanks for the quote from the little but might book "The Prince"
That quote is what world leaders all over the world use. Emotional and excessively religious people will strongly disagree with many of its content but if you are serious of getting desired results and remaining relevant, then you better read, digest and implement the teachings.

At the end of the day, it not about "how right" or "how moral" or "how balanced" you were (even though you need to pretend to have all these qualities). You will be judged on the basis of what you achieved without too much emphasis on the means with which you achieved it.

grin It also looks like Buhari now has a copy of the book grin

How you get there doesn't matter but what do you have there!

Sincerely niccolo was a brilliant man, if you want to be a leader with much acumen you need to first undergo a surgery of the mind by the doctor(the prince) itself.

Sadly few nigeria leaders read, I hear tinubu read a lot, but as I was reading the book again, my mind wandered to tinubu, reasons why he will always stand aloof amidst this people.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by nationwide1(m): 9:49am On Aug 29, 2015
agabusta:

You so much dwell on Prof Osibanjo as the choice of VP.

If you read my post well, I didn't in any way doubt the capability of my amiable Prof.

All I said was that, left for PMB alone, he wouldn't have gone for Prof Osibanjo as running mate because he never knew him before. Take it or leave it, that remains a fact.

Why do you sound so polarized and emotional by saying " The only mistake he made was that he should have made public other appointments he was giving to the southerners to balance public opinion".

Opinions like yours are sickening to patriotic citizens. Is there any appointments PMB has made without publicity with pictures? To say the least, I'm very disappointed in you. If I may ask you, how many appointments has he given to the southerners? You can list them here and "balance" it with that of the northerners.

Left for me alone, I don't care who is appointed / not appointed as long as they will deliver. But disregarding the fact that Nigeria is a multi-ethnic society is a time bomb.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Billygee2u: 9:50am On Aug 29, 2015
stag:
I thought the excuse for the list of appointees so far is 'Merit'. If this is so, why can we not have the Deputy Chief of Staff (Lawal), a SAN and Lagosian, and still have Chief of Staff (Fashola), a SAN & Lagosian.

Why claim merit where it suits aim, yet turn around to use Federal Character as guise to out-play a candidate with the merit.

The party really needs to define what yardstick they intend to build principles on. Merit or Federal character? undecided
useless party built on lies and useless propaganda
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:51am On Aug 29, 2015
agabusta:

dont forget we hv the New Wailers Group in Apc, we the Real Wailers Forum supports buhari in his appointments so far they deliver, even if buhari appoints only northerners in all ministries as his ministers, we fully support him.
We southerners r corrupt n wicked, we r d cause of nigeria's downfall n backwardness. Pls baba we r solidly behind u.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:53am On Aug 29, 2015
gists:
Tinubu, the Nigerian Marchiavelli
The man you hate to love grin

Tinubu is just Making Use Of the Cat's-Paws.
As stated in Law 26 of the 48 Laws of Power (which is practically a derivative of Niccolo Marchiavelli's book "THE PRINCE")
You must seem a paragon of civility and efficiency: Your hands are never soiled by mistakes and nasty deeds. Maintain such a spotless appearance by using others as scapegoats and cat's-paws to disguise your involvement.

Hey bro, it actually leans more heavily on The Art of Worldly Wisdom, by Baltasar Gracian.

Machiavelli is just the better known author.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by lolababe331e: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2015
bonechamberlain:
well I don't pity fashola at all. allowing tinubu to pick his successor was his greatest mistake. in Nigerian politics to remain relevant and to be a force to reckon u must outshine your master, especially if the master is very domineering and ruthless.

He tried his best to pick his successor, he wanted Supo Shasore and he spent billions on him but he lost out woefully. The guy no even get up to 300 votes in the primaries. Fashola forgot that money does not always equal political influnce grin he has zero political influence
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by anwo247: 9:59am On Aug 29, 2015
R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D!!!
List Of President Jonathan's 70 Appointments From That North.

Over 57% of Jonathan's government appointments came from the North against a bogus list circulating the social media and Hope For Nigeria compiled them as below.
1.Umaru Ibrahim - MD Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation.
2.Garba Nadama - NABTEB
3.Zainab Bulkachuwa- President of the Court of Appeal
4.Ibrahim Auta- CJ of the Federal High Court
5. M.D Abubakar - IGP under GEJ
6.Joseph Dawla - GMD NNPC
7.Paul Orhiii- DG NAFDAC
8.Suleiman Abba – IG of Police
9.Danladi Umar - Chairman CCT
10.Ibrahim Lamorde - Chairman EFCC
11.Hassan Tukur- Chief of Protocol to the President
12.Rufai Al-Kali - Political Advisers to GEJ
13.Aminu Ladan Shehuri - DG TRCN
14.Mounir Gwarzo - DG SEC
15.Yusuf Bayero-DG NPA
16.Habu Gumel- Ch National Lottery Commission
17.Hassan Bello- DG Nigeria Shippers Council
18. Abubakar Jijiwa-DG VON
19. Bashir Dalhatu – Chairman National Inland Waterways Authority

More names from Hope For Nigeria - www.fb.com/hopefornigeria
20.Yusuf Inde Dikko-CG NIS
21.Sa'ad Ibrahim CDS under GEJ.
22.Tijjani Bande-DG NIPSS
23. Mustapha Bello-DG NIPC
24. Ibrahim Buba - News Agency of Nigeria
25. Hafiz Ringim – IG Police
26.Abdulrashid Garba-DG NECO
27.Ishmail Junaidu- DG NERDC
28.Asma'u Ahmed-Ex Sec PEF
29. Mohammed S Shettima – Chairman National Commission for Nomadic Education
30.Walid Jibrin-Chairman RMRDC
31.Ali Sa'ad BirninKudu- NTI
32.Mohammed Sadiq- NCAT
33.Mohammed Dangwani- National Boundary Commission
34.Mohammed Jameel Waziri- Chief of Protocol
35.Abubakar Sambo- ECN
36.Aloma Mariam Mukhtar – Chief Justice
37.Sanusi Ado Bayero – MD NPA.
38.Usman Magawatta- NTA DG till 2014
39. Mike Omieri - NOA
40. Andrew Yakubu - NNPC~Eng.
41. Prof. Longmas Wapmuk - Industrial Training Fund -
42 CDS - Alex Badeh
43. Suleiman Abba - IGP under GEJ
44. Danladi Kifasi- head of service
45 Samuel Yonongo Ukura - Auditor General Of The Federation
46. Guluk - Political Advisers to GEJ
47. Abdullahi Dikko CG Customs
48. David Parradang Immigration Boss
49.Mahmoud Mohammed - Chief Justice
50.Muhammed Nadada Umar- SMEDAN

51. Ibrahim Bukur – CJ Federal High Court
52. Maryam Ciroma - DG NIWA
53. Mohammed Dikko Abubakar – IG of Police
54. Alhaji Sulieman Galadima – Chairman Forestry Research Institute of Nigeria
55. Bukar Aji – Head of Service
56. Zainab Adamu Bulkachuwa - President Court of Appeal
57. Aminu A Suley - Comptroller General Prisons.
58. Habibu Abdullahi - MD Port Authority.
59. Sanusi Lamido – CBN Governor.
60. Senator Abubakar H. Girei – Chairman National Mathematical Centre,

61. Alhaji Arma Yau Abubakar – Chairman National Institute for Fresh Water Fisheries Research.
62. Attahiru Jega - Chairman of INEC
63. Alhaji Bello Gusau - Nigerian Institute of Oceanography and Marine Research
64. Aminu Ladan-DG FRCN
65. Muhammed Sani Sidi-DG NEMA
66. Alhaji Adamu Atta – Chairman Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC)
67. Sambo Dasuki- NSA
68. Yakubu Tsala - Lake Chad Research Institute
69. Jamin Zubema-DG NPC
70. Mutaqqa Rabe Darma- PTDF

1 Like

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by jaymichael(m): 10:02am On Aug 29, 2015
Fashola widely touted to be the SGF, by who? did the President before the appointment of the SGF give an indication as to who he wanted as SGF? Did the President or his agents issued any official statement that a particular person or a particular region would be given the SGF post? The same KITCHEN BLOGGERS (probably sponsored by elements who have no interest of the county at heart but secretly praying that the President fails so that they can give us I TOLD YOU line) that touted Fashola and Onu as possible SGF candidate are the same ones now crying that Fashola and Onu lost out. If Fashola had been given the SGF post, they would have cried that Onu lost out. If he had given Onu the post, they would have cried that Fashola lost out. I like the secrecy and shock that surround the President's appointments.
LONG LIVE THE PRESIDENT.
LONG LIVE FRN.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by bonechamberlain(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2015
lolababe331e:

He tried his best to pick his successor, he wanted Supo Shasore and he spent billions on him but he lost out woefully. The guy no even get up to 300 votes in the primaries. Fashola forgot that money does not always equal political influnce grin he has zero political influence
he has no political foresight. if he had he would have started the preparation for his successor immediately he won his second term. he would have crippled all tinubu businesses in Lagos and sponsor a constant and enduring petition about tinubu to the efcc. he wasn't ready to outshine his master, he wasn't ready to be a political gladiator in Nigeria.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Mbediogu(m): 10:36am On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=agabusta post=37447507]Buhari shocked many when he selected a relatively unknown man as his running mate, the current Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. Interestingly, the running mate selected turned out to be a Pastor!

I will never tire of commenting. All the cabinet
members whether pastors or not,
are to the total exclusion of a particular
geopolitical zone. It is very much like
putting innocent Gowon
(northern minority Xtian) in charge
of army while the real men worked behind
and outside his dictates.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by agabusta: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2015
nationwide1:

You so much dwell on Prof Osibanjo as the choice of VP.

If you read my post well, I didn't in any way doubt the capability of my amiable Prof.

All I said was that, left for PMB alone, he wouldn't have gone for Prof Osibanjo as running mate because he never knew him before. Take it or leave it, that remains a fact.

Why do you sound so polarized and emotional by saying " The only mistake he made was that he should have made public other appointments he was giving to the southerners to balance public opinion".

Opinions like yours are sickening to patriotic citizens. Is there any appointments PMB has made without publicity with pictures? To say the least, I'm very disappointed in you. If I may ask you, how many appointments has he given to the southerners? You can list them here and "balance" it with that of the northerners.

Left for me alone, I don't care who is appointed / not appointed as long as they will deliver. But disregarding the fact that Nigeria is a multi-ethnic society is a time bomb.

You are speaking from both sides of the mouth. Earlier, u said PYO was forced on him. Making it seem as if PMB has no role to play in his selection which is totally false and ludicrous. You are trying to be smart by not crediting the choice of a VP to the person who had the authority to do the ratification. Is tht not ironical? You agreed the VP was a good choice, but insist that it was not PMB's credit to have such a sound choice. To whose credit then? Tinubu?? This is laughable. All the running mates PMB has been selecting were all good choices.

Buhari is intelligent. He picks very good people to work with him. His choice of media assistants were superb. His choice of service chiefs were sound. His choice of NNPC head was bull's eye! His choice of FIRS Boss is beautiful. His new choice for Customs is also very sound judging from his antecedents. So likewise his choice for SFG considering the prevailing circumstances.

My opinion has been tendered, I don't give a hoot if it makes u sick. PMB doesn't either. You have a right to your opinion as well.

You are disappointed in me?? Wow, you honour me. Didn't know u had regards for me before.

If u don't care who is appointed so far they deliver as u said, then why are u again expressing the North/South sentiments in your post?? You said you don't care, again u re saying I should compare Northerners/southerners appointed. You are contradicting yourself!

If you don't care, then that is it. Don't care about region, tackle the options based on the suitability of the appointees.
Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Gbawe: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2015
anigold:

soon buhari will appoint ministers and fashola's name will not be there, thats when you statement will be invalid...

Buhari's appointment has nothing to do with competence but ethnic favouritism....

When you have this unfortunate view then there is nothing anyone can say to change your preconceived notion that Buhari will sideline Fashola and all other Southerners in his quest to "Northernize" Nigeria. Many, before the election, insisted he wanted to "Islamize" Nigeria yet that noise is dead today because of the number of Christians Buhari has enlisted and is working with as Agabusta pointed out. You guys have now moved on to the 'Northernization' noise because it is now impossible for you to work the Islam angle.

Yet Buhari will continue to demolish the negative propaganda enemies of Nigeria's progress have used to keep him away from the Presidency for so long. When will you guys give Buhari a break and just accept he has no agenda other than to use round pegs in round holes to heal and develop Nigeria? Anyway let us keep watching. We will see what your next beef with Buhari will be when all important appointments are made and they reflect a mind that deploys merit wherever such is from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out by Elxandre(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2015
handie:
Lies. When Buhari sets his mind on a thing, nothing, absolutely nothing dissuades him. If he wanted Fashola as his SGF or COS, neither the mudslinging or a so called assistant COS position to be given to a Lagosian could have dissuaded him. Dude is unpredictable and doesn't give a sh*t about any mudslinging or politician's interest. Na wetin he like, na im he do so. I pity those people that'll be working with him. No margin for error and u won't even know when u've crossed the line. Sai the Major General from Daura
There is something called loyalty, like it or not.
These guys majorly won the election for him, especially using south west's very vocal media.

If he betrays them to the last, it won't end well.
This is politics and not some game.

That's their problems tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Agent Stabbed To Death By Cultists After Osun Election. Graphic Photos / Adamu Adamu: I Worked As Buhari’s Speech Writer For Five Years / Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Kidnapped Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.