Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b (1366 Views)

Refineries Flop After Gulping N264 Billion - Daily Trust / Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by OboloMAN: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2015
AFTER receiving over N22 billion for its services,
the technical partners to the Rivers State
government on the controversial Monorail project,
ARCUS GIBBS Nig Ltd, has said the project was
no longer tenable.

The company also disclosed that the planned commissioning of the first phase of the project in April by the immediate past administration of former governor Chibuike Amaechi was a hoax.

The revelation was made by the Managing Director of ARCUS GIBBS Nig Ltd, Wiero Viguezang, while testifying before the Justice George Omereji-led Judicial Commission of Inquiry on the sale of valued Rivers State assets by the Amaechi administration in Port Harcourt yesterday.

Viguezang said his company, which the Rivers state government engaged on March 1, 2010, to construct the multi-million Monorail project, was of the view that the project, which has gulped well over N33.9 billion, was no longer tenable, due to paucity of funds to proceed with the project.

He admitted that so far, ARCUS GIBBS Nig Ltd has received a total of N22.9bn from the Rivers State government through the Ministry of Transport since March 1, 2010. According to him, paucity of funds and the eeming failure of the state government’s original
technical and equity partners, TSI Nig Ltd, headed by the former military administrator of Rivers State, retired Brig-Gen Anthony Ukpo, to contribute its 80 per cent equity holdings, means the state cannot continue with the project.

Responding to a memo written by ARCUS GIBBS
Nig Ltd to former Commissioner of Transport, Geroge Tolofari, which was tendered by the legal counsel to the commission, Dr. Zaccheus Adangor, as evidence, Viguezang admitted that his company had written the memo for a pseudo unveiling of the technically uncompleted monorail with a view to using the media to deceive anxious Rivers people.

“We actually wrote to the Ministry of Transport in
January to arrange for the governor to unveil the
monorail project in April for the attention and coverage of the media based on the expectation
of the people of the state,” he said. He added: “Apart from the media coverage and public attention that it was expected to generate, the monorail was not technically and commercially ready.

www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/rivers-monorail-project-no-longer-tenable-after-gulping-n33-9b-says-technical-partner/

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by INTROVERT(f): 8:14am On Aug 29, 2015
Hahahhahahaahahahahahha.
Amaechi is a gonner

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by prinzstiles(m): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by BishopMagic: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2015
I thank God that Rivers people are not like those sophisticated fools.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2015
May God continue to punish Ameachi for this fake project . Amen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by nationwide1(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2015
The "saintness" in APC is being slowly but steadily exposed.
1. Saraki 2. Fashola 3. Amaechi 4... 5 ...

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by CSTR2: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2015
BishopMagic:
They will worship him over there.
Just the same way they worship Tinubu, fashola and aregbesola .
Highly powered sophisticated thieves .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by OboloMAN: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2015
BishopMagic:

N33.9B for a distance that will cost N50 using a Taxi.
Yet nothing to Show For It.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by kelvincoll(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2015
It'll take a miracle for Amaechi to survive jail . 22bn expended already still yet the project is not tenable? shocked

I'll like to hear what DEMDEM has to say about this

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by obailala(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2015
BishopMagic:
So your idiotic brain thinks that this is good news?.... What do you guys even feed on?
Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by drss(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2015
The Judas of Rivers State should be employed in kirikiri maximum prison.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by UmuEri(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Amaechi is a thief, all the APC governors are thieves - FIXED

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by talktimi(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
I remember when I was speaking out about this scam and people who couldn't point out port Harcourt if it was spelt out on a blank wall told me to shut up. This is a monumental travesty and Amaechi shouldn't be walking around freely at all. Next is the clinotech of Canada mega hospital

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by CharlesPhc: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Rivers Monorail Project No Longer Tenable After Gulping N33.9b by chigoizie7(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
Chai, amueshi. U see your life?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

See The Open Letter A Nigerian Pastor Wrote To President Buhari - Must Read / See The Almost Official List Of Ministers To Be In NIGERIA / deputy Senate President Blast President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.