Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? (3518 Views)

The Atheists Test / Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. / Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by osisi2(f): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2009
DeReloaded:

JeSoul, get some gingerale. You must be tired having to repeat yourself.

Pele. lol
JeSoul:

I am 100% certain no christian thinks like this. Our bible teaches us atheism will increase with each day. We are not out to stop atheism, how clearly do I have to say this? we just want the spamming to stop. That's really all undecided

My dear forget about them.
See the amount of energy they expend on those threads.
If they put the same into a spare parts shed at Alaba they'll be millionaires by now.
Even 419 sef
If they used half the energy to put towards a profitable 419,they would have taken nairaland off Seun's hand grin

*pun intended*
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2009
DeReloaded:

Dont know about others but I know this is a lie cos David never lets an argument go, esp a religious one

Arent you the ones stating atheist have high IQ?

Isnt that implying that those who believe in a spirtual being are dumb? what's the difference?

i have never said that atheist are more intelligent than religious people, i only question religious assertions and show the inconsistencies in their arguments thats all i do here on nairaland. . . . .
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by bawomolo(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2009
davidylan:

salman rushdie was so brave he refused to go to the UK on asylum?

yes the iranian religious council declared a fatwah against you right.  How many plots have there been on your life?  Rushdie was raised in shiite household.  It takes bravery to abandon one's beliefs and talk about it in the public rather than anonymously on the internet.  It's real hardcore to call OYB and co Arab slaves when you know you would never go in the middle of mushin and call them Arab slaves.

mazaje:

i have never said that atheist are more intelligent than religious people, i only question religious assertions are show the inconsistencies thats all i do here on nairaland. . . . .

you forgot there is affirmative action on NL, if you talk about christians, you must talk about muslims. wen wen wen wen
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by JeSoul(f): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2009
bawomolo:

We can stop spamming by aggressively banning people or deleting threads.  maybe even banning by IP's.  Excessive subsections would kill this section.  What's the point of calling it a "Religion" section if christian topics would only be allowed in it.  

The only good idea is that atheists have their own mini group.

I actually agree with all your points.

We'll see if Seun and AKO can moderate more vigilantly, that would indeed be the ideal solution. I personally don't want atheists to go, like I said many of you are cool and raise good questions and topics. Its just that the spamming riff raffs are giving you all a bad name.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by DeReloaded: 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
i have never said that atheist are more intelligent than religious people

Many of your kind have.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by osisi2(f): 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
mazaje:

thou fool if not for the internet i wonder if you can ever stand in front of any moslem and tell them whet you always say about islam on nairaland stupid fool. .

you owned up to being the vermin I made reference to? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is this why you're silent about Islam?
because you're quaking in your pants?

when did you stop typing in pink?
faggotty atheist
Yo're now in " Finnland"
On your way to San Fransisco,the land of fruits and nuts
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by JeSoul(f): 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2009
DeReloaded:

JeSoul, get some gingerale. You must be tired having to repeat yourself.

Pele. lol

grin  hehe  grin  grin  

DeReloaded:

Dont know about others but[b] I know this is a lie cos David never lets an argument go, esp a religious one[/b]

Which is why I'm not letting Mazaje go after making an accusation against Osisi and David that is entirely untrue. They have not now nor ever spammed anywhere in the religion section.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2009
**osisi:

you owned up to being the vermin I made reference to? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is this why you're silent about Islam?
because you're quaking in your pants?

when did you stop typing in pink?
faggotty atheist
Yo're now in " Finnland"
On your way to San Fransisco,the land of fruits and nuts

i go to moslem fundamentalist sites when ever i want to ridicule islam and its teachings. . . .i wonder if you can ever stand in front of any moslem and tell them how you feel about them thou foolish LovePeddler. . . . .
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2009
JeSoul:

grin  hehe  grin  grin  

Which is why I'm not letting Mazaje go after making an accusation against Osisi and David that is entirely untrue. They have not now nor ever spammed anywhere in the religion section.

grin grin grin grin grin pls go and read some of the islamic threads once again. . . . .
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by JeSoul(f): 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2009
mazaje:

grin grin grin grin grin pls go and read some of the islamic threads once again. . . . .

I have been to the forum less than a minute ago and see no evidence of your accusation:

Simple questions:
You accused David and Osisi of spamming as well so I asked:

How many times have David and Osisi opened threads in the Islamic forum?  Have they opened multiple threads for the same topics?

David said he has opened only 2 topics there in 5months. I can't even find one from Osisi. Do you admit you were wrong?
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by bawomolo(m): 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2009
How many times have David and Osisi opened threads in the Islamic forum? Have they opened multiple threads for the same topics?

do you have to open threads to spam? wouldn't comments like Arab slaves, your prophet is a pedophile (when most girls married young during that periods) be considered spamming, rants, or insulting. How would you feel if i repeatedly called Jesus a wandering vagabond (he would be considered that in modern day terms)?

This thread is purely confirmation bias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

There's no point in continuing the debate if Atheists are accused of doing what anyone else does.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by JeSoul(f): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2009
bawomolo:

do you have to open threads to spam? wouldn't comments like Arab slaves, your prophet is a pedophile (when most girls married young during that periods) be considered spamming, rants, or insulting. How would you feel if i repeatedly called Jesus a wandering vagabond (he would be considered that in modern day terms)?

This thread is purely confirmation bias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

There's no point in continuing the debate if Atheists are accused of doing what anyone else does.

I'm not sure what else to tell you . . . Mazaje accused David and Osisi of being the same as the atheist spammers in the islam section - creating topics and abandoning them - I replied saying he should prove it.

Did I say atheists and others cannot open topics? I said multiple topics on the same subject is my bone of contention. I think you are delibrately choosing to ignore that simple point. Posting whatever you want on existing topics is not spam . . . making 100s of topics on the same thing is.

I even said I don't mind the insults, let them go ahead. Insults and abuses on my faith don't faze me. I would just like to see some order restored to the religion board - is that too hard to understand?
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2009
JeSoul:

I have been to the forum less than a minute ago and see no evidence of your accusation:

Simple questions:
You accused David and Osisi of spamming as well so I asked:

How many times have David and Osisi opened threads in the Islamic forum?  Have they opened multiple threads for the same topics?

David said he has opened only 2 topics there in 5months. I can't even find one from Osisi. Do you admit you were wrong?

is this what this thread has turned into? opening of topics? grin grin . . . does it matter if he has opened 1 or 2 topics in 10 years? david and osisi are all over the islamic thread calling allah a devil, mohammed a saddist fool, but when we call yahweh a stupid fool he gets all emotional and accuse of ridiculing a deity he reveres with his own life. . . . why is it right for christians to call atheist fools for not believeing in their god? but wrong for atheist to show them the inconsistencies of their own argument?
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by osisi2(f): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2009
mazaje:

i go to moslem fundamentalist sites when ever i want to ridicule islam and its teachings. . . .i wonder if you can ever stand in front of any moslem and tell them how you feel about them thou foolish LovePeddler. . . . .

and you're afraid of the ones on nairaland ?
I'll rather be a LovePeddler than a faggotty backyard bandit with anal hole of 5 CM in diameter
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by osisi2(f): 8:19pm On Mar 31, 2009
mazaje:

is this what this thread has turned into? opening of topics? grin grin . . . does it matter if he has opened 1 or 2 topics in 10 years? david and osisi are all over the islamic thread calling allah a devil, mohammed a saddist fool, but when we call yahweh a stupid fool he get all emotional and accuse of ridiculing a deisty he reveres with his own life. . . . why is it right for christians to call atheist fools for not believeing in their god? but wrong for atheist to show them the inconsistencies of their own argument?

For the 20th time,the girl asks you to open your little thread without creating 20 / day of the same issue in your fits of epilepsy
Is that hard to understand?
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by osisi2(f): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2009
does atheism = stupidity?
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by JeSoul(f): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2009
mazaje:

is this what this thread has turned into? opening of topics? grin grin . . . does it matter if he has opened 1 or 2 topics in 10 years? david and osisi are all over the islamic thread calling allah a devil, mohammed a saddist fool, but when we call yahweh a stupid fool he get all emotional and accuse of ridiculing a deisty he reveres with his own life. . . . why is it right for christians to call atheist fools for not believeing in their god? but wrong for atheist to show them the inconsistencies of their own argument?

It isn't.

I have looked everywhere on this thread and see no one clamouring for atheists to stop insulting God. Ya'll can knock urselves out with all the insults and abuses at God all you want.

JUST STOP SPAMMING THE RELIGION BOARD!!! Simple

**osisi:

For the 20th time,the girl asks you to open your little thread without creating 20 / day of the same issue.
Is that hard to understand?

Apparently it is.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2009
**osisi:

and you're afraid of the ones on nairaland ?
I'll rather be a LovePeddler than a faggotty backyard bandit with anal hole of 5 CM in diameter

the ones on nairaland are not radical enough for me? i'll rather be a faggoty backyard bandit with a 5 cm anal hole than to be a LovePeddler that sleeps around with pigs. . . .
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by bawomolo(m): 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2009
I would just like to see some order restored to the religion board - is that too hard to understand?

i still believe it's a case of confirmation bias (seeing only what you want to see).  

If dividing into sections, brings order then so be it.  Maybe another mod.  

Mazaje - there's nothing else to be said. Seun should just make the section
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by osisi2(f): 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2009
JeSoul:

It isn't.

I have looked everywhere on this thread and see no one clamouring for atheists to stop insulting God. Ya'll can knock urselves out with all the insults and abuses at God all you want.

JUST STOP SPAMMING THE RELIGION BOARD!!! Simple

Neither am I
From time immemorial,there's always been people like them.
I am an advocate of free speech but there's a difference between free speech and idiocy.
Running around posting the same things like beccomerich does is stupidity.
He may have a point but when he posts 365 satellite pics with one post,he looks like a fool.
That's the atheists here look like when they do same.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2009
bawomolo:

i still believe it's a case of confirmation bias (seeing only what you want to see).  

If dividing into sections, brings order then so be it.  Maybe another mod.  

Mazaje - there's nothing else to be said. Seun should just make the section

i dont care if seun makes the section or not i just want to know why christians feel the have they right to insult other people's faith and get mad when others do the same to them, they hide under the pretext of we spamming the religous thread when we know that they are not comfortable with most of our post. . .
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by JeSoul(f): 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2009
bawomolo:

So what exactly am I not seeing then oga Bawo?

mazaje:

i dont care if seun makes the section or not i just want to know why christians feel the have they right to insult other people's faith and get mad when others do the same to them, they hide under the pretext of we spamming the religous thread when we know that they are not comfortable with most of our post. . .

You opened a topic last week. I replied several times, and answered your cry for scriptures . . . you never came back, instead you abandoned it and have opened 2-3 more since then asking for more answers.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2009
JeSoul:

So what exactly am I not seeing then oga Bawo?

You opened a topic last week. I replied several times, and answered your cry for scriptures . . . you never came back, instead you abandoned it and have opened 2-3 more since then asking for more answers.

grin grin grin are you angry because i didn't reply to you post? grin grin grin, did i open 2-3 more threads asking the same questions i asked on the previous thread? i didn't reply to your post because the answer you gave were nothing but funny apologetics so i decided to let it be. . . . .you copied and pasted different things from different passages of the bible and claimed you have answered me. . . anyway i will reply your post if that is what you want. . . .
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by JeSoul(f): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2009
mazaje:

grin grin grin are you angry because i didn't reply to you post? grin grin grin, did i open 2-3 more threads asking the same questions i asked on the previous thread? i didn't reply to your post because the answer you gave were nothing but funny apologetics so i decided to let it be. . . . .you copied and pasted different things from different passages of the bible and claimed you have answered me. . . anyway i will reply your post if that is what you want. . . .
  Weak excuse. If the scriptures were so pointless you woulda returned to show how.

Please don't bother replying. I have less than zero intrest in 'discussing' and I will expend no more effort or energy on such exercises in futility.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2009
Its tricky and I have to agree that spamming and overtaking threads meant for other issues can make life difficult.
But its a flavour that is needed, like someone pointed out, soon it would be jehova's witnesses spamming with threads that hell does not exist smiley
Most atheist carry with them the feeling that they have been cheated by their former religions (just saying generally) so one can sense the anger, some other times they just love to be wise asses smiley (meself included) especially when vulnerable christians are around. This is not to excuse the foul attitude of some christians but again that is not the issue, we should learn to accommodate one another cheesy
Cheers.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by PastorAIO: 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Its tricky and I have to agree that spamming and overtaking threads meant for other issues can make life difficult.
But its a flavour that is needed, like someone pointed out, soon it would be jehova's witnesses spamming with threads that hell does not exist smiley
Most atheist carry with them the feeling that they have been cheated by their former religions (just saying generally) so one can sense the anger, some other times they just love to be wise asses smiley (meself included) especially when vulnerable christians are around. This is not to excuse the foul attitude of some christians but again that is not the issue, we should learn to accommodate one another cheesy
Cheers.

You are a very wise man and the Atheist with the most integrity on Nairaland. Yes sir, a gentleman and a scholar.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by LadyT(f): 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2009
This is what we are talking about look at how mazaje is rambling on like a madman.

Do you have brain damage mazaje because I am seriously concerned at the level of foolishness you are displaying.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2009
LadyT:

This is what we are talking about look at how mazaje is rambling on like a madman.

Do you have brain damage mazaje because I am seriously concerned at the level of foolishness you are displaying.

yes i am a mad man, next. . . . .
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 31, 2009
just goes to show that christians are duplicituous and guilty of double standards

they have the 'word' so it is alright for them to hijack muslim threads, and make all sorts of absurd assertions and 'proofs', to repeat cheery picked quotes from the Quran within their own context , etal.

when atheists pay them back in their own coin they start bitching about idiocy vs freedom of speech.  they hide their bitterness with mumblings about how they are 'indifferent'

osisi, the atheists are doing the same thing you are doing - educating you about the facts about your religion. leviticus is in your bible. it has not been abrogated. the only thing keeping christians in check is democracy. as i have said before, there was a time when the world lived by your religions tenets, and that time was the dark ages. there is NOTHING you say about Islam and Muslims that your forerunners did not participate in, - burning heretics, war, etc. you may say they were not acting on the bible - then maybe you can point me to what the Quran says about suicide bombing. any such claims are nothing more than plausible deniability (the soldiers acted on their own.) if tomorrow, bashing Islam falls out of favor and christians are castigated for it, your fellow christians will immediately deny you - oh theres nothing in the bible about demeaning other religions, those who do it are not christians

you people cannot even be consistent about your hatred of Islam. i caught davidylan in a lie once, he said he started on Islam when he met muslims attacking christianity on NL. another time, it was after september 11.

as to Muhammed and pedophilia -

The definition of "adult" is subject to bias. As long as a 9yr old girl can get pregnant and deliver a healthy baby, i accept an 11 yr old is an adult and HAS A RIGHT to consent to sex.

this was from davidylan on the 'faggoty' thread. all he obviously stands for in the end is winning arguments on the internet.
anyway keep on trying, maybe one day you will convert someone through your rants against Islam on the internet. you may be able to so more and more venom among your fellow christians towards islam, but thats where it ends. like the atheists, you and david are simply a thorn in the flesh. a discomfort, but what the hell , the muslims back then had to face the quraysh. we have it easy.

abeg  'sons of lucifer' carry on! the bible says do onto others, not so ?  grin
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by mazaje(m): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2009
oyb:

just goes to show that christians are duplicituous and guilty of double standards

they have the 'word' so it is alright for them to hijack muslim threads, and make all sorts of absurd assertions and 'proofs', to repeat cheery picked quotes from the Quran within their own context , etal.

when atheists pay them back in their own coin they start bitching about idiocy vs freedom of speech.  they hide their bitterness with mumblings about how they are 'indifferent'

very well said, we can see that they are clearly uncomfortable with the questions we pose or when we show them verses or actions by their god they never thought existed in the bible. . . .they feel the have the right to show muslims and prove to them all the sbsurd assertions of the koran but when you show them how absurd their own arguments are they beging to shout like headless chickens that we are spamming the religious thread.

osisi, the atheists are doing the same thing you are doing - educating you about the facts about your religion. leviticus is in your bible. it has not been abrogated. the only thing keeping christians in check is democracy. as i have said before, there was a time when the world lived by your religions tenets, and that time was the dark ages. there is NOTHING you say about Islam and Muslims that your forerunners did not participate in, - burning heretics, war, etc. you may say they were not acting on the bible - then maybe you can point me to what the Quran says about suicide bombing. any such claims are nothing more than plausible deniability (the soldiers acted on their own.) if tomorrow, bashing Islam falls out of favor and christians are castigated for it, your fellow christians will immediately deny you - oh theres nothing in the bible about demeaning other religions, those who do it are not christians

ask here to tell you the real day that jesus was crucified and she will tell you that you are attacking christianity because it is the truth? how can christianity be the truth when the document that talks about it(bible) can not even tell the real day that jesus was crucified?

you people cannot even be consistent about your hatred of Islam. i caught davidylan in a lie once, he said he started on Islam when he met muslims attacking christianity on NL. another time, it was after september 11.

as to Muhammed and pedophilia -

forget about that stupid liar. . . . .

this was from davidylan on the 'faggoty' thread. all he obviously stands for in the end is winning arguments on the internet.
anyway keep on trying, maybe one day you will convert someone through your rants against Islam on the internet. you may be able to so more and more venom among your fellow christians towards islam, but thats where it ends. like the atheists, you and david are simply a thorn in the flesh. a discomfort, but what the hell , the muslims back then had to face the quraysh. we have it easy.

abeg 'sons of lucifer' carry on! the bible says do onto others, not so ? grin

i want to know why it is ok for christians to tell muslims how stupid their beliefs are and turn bitter and angry when we show them how stupid and absurd their own beliefs are?
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by JeSoul(f): 11:07pm On Mar 31, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Cheers.
Pastor AIO:

You are a very wise man and the Atheist with the most integrity on Nairaland. Yes sir, a gentleman and a scholar.

Yup I definitely second that. Chris is by miles and light years my favorite atheist on NL. I especially love his humility and cheerfulness . . . so refreshing.
Re: Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2009
Pastor, Jesoul
I remain humbled by you guys, I once had this discussion (heated debate was more like it) with pilgrim about where atheists should be and that was such a long time ago.
I think tolerating people is a skill man needs to survive longer, but a clashing of ideas is necessary for man to develop, without that we can but toss adrift.
I can say that nairaland has been a major contributor to the way I deal with people on religious issues, the trick I think is knowing at what level to connect with people when debating issues, erv's and chromosomes will make no sense to a village woman just as repeating questions and threads become annoying.
So in the spirit of moving on let us try and raise threads that would appeal to our sense of intellect and spirituality, hopefully we will be able to resist the urge of being God's warriors or academic know it alls.
In all we need a bit of everybody, hats off to you guys once again.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? / African Magic Or Miracle At Mercy Land Today!!! / Did God Create Evil - Does The Bible Say So?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.