Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,439 members, 7,843,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning (20146 Views)

Odion Ighalo Set New Goal Record In Chinese Super League / Floyd Mayweather Was Paid $3million For Spending His Vacation In Beijing, China / Nigeria’s 4x400m Women’s Relay Team Banned From Rio 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Remilekun101: 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by kukuruku156(f): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
Abeg even if its a bronze we go manage am.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Leyemoshood: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
go ladies,we are behind you grin

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by AngryNigerian(m): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
fairheven:

what is historic about this...that they broke Nigerian own record,when others breaking world record
silver or gold we have not,what we have we give to you....our historic record undecided
mediocrity of the highest order
the tragedy of life is not that our dream is too big and we failed,but it is too small and we achieved it embarassed

...no wonder most of our lives are dependent on what odas say or dont say,& do or didnt do.

...be grateful for the little efforts that odas make! wer u bn de wen dem de select athletes for the competition?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by val15: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
Good news
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Ninilowo(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
Timoleon:
not that historic for my Jamaican distorts....my Lititle sister Shelley-Ann is still there.
It's 4x400m not 4x100m.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by inote: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wao nice to kw
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by M4gunners: 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
Some people only sabi hw to sit for goverment house and chop free moni.Run dey no sabi run.Ftball nko dem no dey. Na only 2 minority tribe i see for dia representing us.
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by bummyla(m): 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
help us O Lord and grant us victory on sunday! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
I guess no one wants to know if wat dy av is an HND or a BSC, likewise no one cares which section/region dy hail from,no one is equally bothered wether dy r christians or moslems, i guess all we care is the fact that dy are Nigerians and dy r making us proud. Why cant we just emulate this national unity in our lives. Where merit is celebrated and mediocrity is frowned at irrespective of where u come from.

I guess its just food for thought shey?
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Litmus: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Nigeria women have performed reasonably well for sometime now in the 400m women's' relay at international championships, so this isn't quite historic. For an attention grabbing thread title, understandable if a little demeaning. On the other hand, the overall level of Nigeria competitiveness in international Athletics continues to be nothing less than scandalous.

I hope, like the Delta State governor, people in positions of power in Nigeria begin to invest in Athletics. Sports is a major avenue and opportunity for the employment of restless youths. It amazes me how this great opportunity area is consistently overlooked by Nigerian authorities. Some of those idiotic youths in the NE running around throwing bombs at people would do better throwing shot-put and javelin down field for the chance of fame and monitory gains instead of senseless death.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
DON'T JUST DROP THE BATON
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by mrsmith11(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
I don't have comment but just observation

1st runner is from SE
2nd runner is from SW
3rd runner is from SW
4th runner is from SS

The most honest and competent region is not represented

Buhari must hear this grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by fairheven: 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
AngryNigerian:

...no wonder most of our lives are dependent on what odas say or dont say,& do or didnt do.

...be grateful for the little efforts that odas make! wer u bn de wen dem de select athletes for the competition?

I don't have your time. .you for declare "Owa mbe" for them naa.
How many African countries have won medals at the championship?them get two heads? And what do we show for the millions they waste every two years?
Your eye dey pain you?
If you fail in your place of work wud your employer be still paying your salaries? Sports is not my work,but is there work so you can't ask me wt I was doing wen they were choosing them. .that is silly and irrelevant, are they doing it for free Better think before you talk
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by ZUBY77(m): 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Come and see Nigerians rejoicing in the streets of Beijing. It was good to see the greens..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by lamdobaly04: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gud 1 dere.
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by experimentist: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
olillywales:

Nigeria’s 4 x 400m relay team made history on Saturday morning in the first semi-final of the day at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing.

The team, led by 400m open finalist Patience Okon-George, ran 3:23.27 seconds, the fastest time run in the history of the championship by a Nigerian team since the quartet of Fatimah Yusuf, Mary Onyali, Airat Bakare and Charity Opara with a 49.97 anchor ran 3:24.45 to place fifth in the final at the Tokyo 1991 third edition of the championship.

The 2015 history-making team was led off by 2013 400m open semi-finalist Regina George who handed over with a marginal advantage to Foluke Oladoye who improved the advantage marginally before Ekiti-born, Tosin Adeloye increased the advantage significantly before finally handing over to Okon-George, the only one in the team who has broken 51 seconds this year, to race home first and qualify for Sunday’s final.

The team has been drawn in lane 7 for Sunday’s final and will hope to win Nigeria’s women’s first relay medal at the championship.

They will however have to battle it out with hot favourites, the USA, who won the other semi-final; Jamaica who are second on the 2015 top list behind USA and just ahead of Nigeria, as well as Great Britain who may likely bring in 400m open finalist and former world champion, Nigeria-born Christine Ohuruogu.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/nigerias-female-4-x-400m-relay-team-set.html

God bless Buhari.. No more bad luck presidency in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Menace2Society(m): 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
orise100:
Historic wetin! undecided...we broke our own record n they r celebrating ..mscheww. Una mates dey shatter world records (rubbish)
shut your trap undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Menace2Society(m): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
fairheven:

what is historic about this...that they broke Nigerian own record,when others breaking world record
silver or gold we have not,what we have we give to you....our historic record undecided
mediocrity of the highest order
the tragedy of life is not that our dream is too big and we failed,but it is too small and we achieved it embarassed
Bla bla bla from empty barrel undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by fairheven: 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Menace2Society:
Bla bla bla from empty barrel undecided

Who is this one,them swear for you..abi you jump gutter reach here?
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Menace2Society(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
fairheven:

Who is this one,them swear for you..abi you jump gutter reach here?
Kid calm down u sabi yap rubbish
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Timoleon(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ninilowo:
It's 4x400m not 4x100m.
thanks.
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Their final comes up on Sunday afternoon. Good luck to them.
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by fairheven: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
Menace2Society:
Kid calm down u sabi yap rubbish

Wanted to cut you for size but went to your previous posts and I cudnt see a single sensible post ,except repeated senseless insults..so if you are so bereft of idea ,why bother myself replying your frivolous witch-hunt?..I beg look for your "breeding mate"
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Menace2Society(m): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
fairheven:

Wanted to cut you for size but went to your previous posts and I cudnt see a single sensible post ,except repeated senseless insults..so if you are so bereft of idea ,why bother myself replying your frivolous witch-hunt?..I beg look for your "breeding mate"
LMAO grin Muppet feeling funky chai
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by litetias(m): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Good job. Spirits must be high in the camp now.
Incidentally I just watched a movie earlier today about Great Britain's women's relay team titled Fast Girls. Very interesting movie.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by sexyse027(m): 5:25am On Aug 30, 2015
9ija team dey fall my hand i just waist money going for the trip on them
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by micuk(m): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2015
olillywales:

Nigeria’s 4 x 400m relay team made history on Saturday morning in the first semi-final of the day at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing.

The team, led by 400m open finalist Patience Okon-George, ran 3:23.27 seconds, the fastest time run in the history of the championship by a Nigerian team since the quartet of Fatimah Yusuf, Mary Onyali, Airat Bakare and Charity Opara with a 49.97 anchor ran 3:24.45 to place fifth in the final at the Tokyo 1991 third edition of the championship.

The 2015 history-making team was led off by 2013 400m open semi-finalist Regina George who handed over with a marginal advantage to Foluke Oladoye who improved the advantage marginally before Ekiti-born, Tosin Adeloye increased the advantage significantly before finally handing over to Okon-George, the only one in the team who has broken 51 seconds this year, to race home first and qualify for Sunday’s final.

The team has been drawn in lane 7 for Sunday’s final and will hope to win Nigeria’s women’s first relay medal at the championship.

They will however have to battle it out with hot favourites, the USA, who won the other semi-final; Jamaica who are second on the 2015 top list behind USA and just ahead of Nigeria, as well as Great Britain who may likely bring in 400m open finalist and former world champion, Nigeria-born Christine Ohuruogu.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/nigerias-female-4-x-400m-relay-team-set.html

cool
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
fairheven:

I don't have your time. .you for declare "Owa mbe" for them naa.
How many African countries have won medals at the championship?them get two heads? And what do we show for the millions they waste every two years?
Your eye dey pain you?
If you fail in your place of work wud your employer be still paying your salaries? Sports is not my work,but is there work so you can't ask me wt I was doing wen they were choosing them. .that is silly and irrelevant, are they doing it for free Better think before you talk
Actually Kenya has already won the Championships.
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by ZUBY77(m): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
And they lost. I am out of tje Bed nest Stadium.
Heading back to Guangzhou first thing tomorrow morning.
Re: Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning by fairheven: 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
pkjag:
Actually Kenya has already won the Championships.

Can you imagine..thats an African nation and we can only win,personal best undecided and call it historic undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Targets Osimhen As Replacement For Lukaku / Football Prediction Lovers 99.9% Sure Game Friday, Saturday / Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Only Player To Score 100+ Goals In EPL, UCL & La Liga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.