Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car (3480 Views)

The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by missbizzy(f): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2015
I'm a young woman about to buy my first car. Obviously I don't have so much to go for a tokunboh so I choose to settle for a Nigerian used car. So many cars appeal to me but I need advise from car experts. I saw a rover 75 and liked it because of its interior but I'm told the car develops issues. I need advice on what car to get. Meanwhile my budget is 500k
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2015
missbizzy:
I'm a young woman about to buy my first car. Obviously I don't have so much to go for a tokunboh so I choose to settle for a Nigerian used car. So many cars appeal to me but I need advise from car experts. I saw a rover 75 and liked it because of its interior but I'm told the car develops issues. I need advice on what car to get. Meanwhile my budget is 500k
500k Smh go for tiny light
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by INTROVERT(f): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2015
for once I support London girl... that Rover will give u issues. Tiny light is fuel efficien and spare parts are available... you might need to spend a tad more on security gadgets as it has a high theft rate. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2015
Where are all these guys selling/advertising cars all over Nairaland when a young lady needs help?!
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by vani86: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2015
modelmike7:
Where are all these guys selling/advertising cars all over Nairaland when a young lady needs help?!

Camry 2.2. Easily maintained. Plus it is a toyota
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2015
vani86:

Camry 2.2. Easily maintained. Plus it is a toyota
...... Thanks. @Op, do you like Camry?
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by obua: 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
Buy Toyota corolla 1992 and above or honda civic 2002 and above or Toyota Carina,corona ,AVENSIS of 1993 and above. You can squeeze and buy a Golf 3 tokunbo.
Also you can get a Mazda 323 told for that rate.
Pls don't go for rover, ford or used Peugeot, because you are too young for that stress.
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
missbizzy:

Whatever you decide, pay a technician to look at it before you pay, iv seen a lot of evil in Nigerian used cars.

3 Likes

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by mayor2013: 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
What ever car you looking to buy have a technician inspect it physically and make sure you have the car scanned. A toyota corolla 97 or 98 model wouldn't be a bad idea

1 Like

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by Ikenna351(m): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
obua:

Pls don't go for used Peugeot, because you are too young for that stress.

Imagine that!

What made you say that? Could you elaborate?

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by diportivo: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
With d way ppl are mentioning toyota here ehn lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
diportivo:
With d way ppl are mentioning toyota here ehn lipsrsealed

You should see my workshop...
The love is real grin

2 Likes

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Whatever you decide, pay a technician to look at it before you pay, iv seen a lot of evil in Nigerian used cars.

Not just any tech, someone like GAZZUZZ smiley
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by ubiquitousade(m): 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
obua:
Buy Toyota corolla 1992 and above or honda civic 2002 and above or Toyota Carina,corona ,AVENSIS of 1993 and above. You can squeeze and buy a Golf 3 tokunbo.
Pls don't go for rover, ford or used Peugeot, because you are too young for that stress.

well said but 1992/1993 models are way too low, 1997 model and above is okay

@ missbizzy, check my profile I have one that suits your budget. call or whatsapp me on 08058109474

my advise, do not be in a hurry to buy, get a trusted technician you will pay 10k or 20k to assist you with the inspection of the car. bargain for a car of not more than 450k and use the remaining cash to do some upgrade to the car.

2 Likes

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by obua: 5:21am On Aug 31, 2015
Ikenna351:

Imagine that!

What made you say that? Could you elaborate?

Ikenna
Nigerian used Peugeot like 307, 206, and 406 usually have lots of nagging electrical issues which will stress the living daylight out of a young lady. This lady I guess is less than 25 years
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by BTT(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2015
Toyota must be made with Nigerians' skin-hide.

Wetin?!
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by Baldmarv(m): 10:20am On Aug 31, 2015
Keep your money till its up to buy a tokunbo! Or better yet try to buy a Mazda 323 Prestege, You can get the manual for 600k. Has fantastic fuel economy and will not give you trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by Ikenna351(m): 11:53am On Aug 31, 2015
obua:
Nigerian used Peugeot like 307, 206, and 406 usually have lots of nagging electrical issues which will stress the living daylight out of a young lady. This lady I guess is less than 25 years

And that's all you got?

Lets look at your earlier post with the recent one here:

obua:

Categorically stating "Used Peugeots" & now "Nigerian used Peugeots" stress their owners and not good for young ones is quite a big minsinformation to innocent public. You could have at least tried explaining to missbizzy and others what made you say Nigerian used Peugeot cars have "lots of nagging electrical issues".

You see, while some Nigerians are busy looking for every opportunity to abuse their Lions electrics and mechanicals, others are forever grateful for having good time of their lives for owing these same Lions some are busy complaining about. People always bring their newly purchased direct foreign used Peugeot cars and Nigerian used Peugeot cars to bless for them. While some were abused, I do marvel at near perfcet state or shape some of them bought as Nigerian used were. Their electrics were intact, just like mine, an indication that Nigerians have started to appreciate what they have and keep away from abusing their Lions by retaining their factory connections, settings, etc.

If i may ask, what exactly do people expect when they start cutting, butchering and bypassing every thing that looks like wire in their lions, as designed by car manufacturer? Do they expect a happy face from the poor cars after all that, right? Even if they try some of these abuse on other brands and get away with it, sorry, not Peugeot. Peugeots are designed for people that love what they have.

The same people that keep their lions electrics intact are same Nigerians, used, driven, diagnose and repair in same Nigeria by same Nigerian mechanics. Funny enough, its way cheaper to own a Lion used as Peugeot recommends, than the costly way of owning an abused one. So when they cut and throw out the engine cooling system thermostat, when they bypass factory connection or abuse radiator fans to spin constantly with ignition on or engine running, when they mess with wires that BSI unit in Lions monitors, they should know what they are doing to their poor Lions before they go out complaining "how God delivered them from nightmare called Lion or how Peugeot is no go area".

As far as I am concerned, missbizzy gender and age is irrelevant to me, because no one deserves a stressful live. Any car abused will give the owner constant sad face until abuse on the car are reversed. Just like others pointed out in the thread, let her find someone good in detecting true current state of cars electrics, mechanicals and body to inspect whatever car/brand she ends up choosing. Because if you cannot detect a Lion with an abused electrics, I can.

Avoid setting limits to your happiness by saying No to good life. There are Nigerian Used Peugeot cars in very good shapes out there which you can get, if thats your desire.

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by nurey(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
500k is low, but the tokunbo cars in that variant I have seen are
1. peugeot 306 estate/wagon/saloon but stay away from the 1.5 or 1.6L engine cause the part are scarce, the 2.0L engine will do fine cause it's identical/same to/as 406 engine

2. Honda civic european/rover 45 this car has two engine variants of 1.4 and 1.6, be rest assured the rover variant only has engine in common with honda but the body was done by rover him/herself so no leg pull. This cars are solid and built strong very very common in the North (kano) with the hot weather they still survive.

3. Golf 3 manual. this car is extremely hard to find at that price but is one hell of a mule and will go where other koropes lol shy away from.
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by Ikenna351(m): 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
nurey:
1. peugeot 306 estate/wagon/saloon but stay away from the 1.5 or 1.6L engine cause the part are scarce, the 2.0L engine will do fine cause it's identical/same to/as 406 engine

If she is interested in Peugeot brand, she can get a Nigerian used Peugeot 206 in very good condition with her budget.

She can also get a Nigerian used phase 1 Peugeot 406 (D8) in very good shape even at 400-450k.

Ikenna
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by ubiquitousade(m): 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
nurey:

2. Honda civic european/rover 45 this car has two engine variants of 1.4 and 1.6, be rest assured the rover variant only has engine in common with honda but the body was done by rover him/herself so no leg pull. This cars are solid and built strong very very common in the North (kano) with the hot weather they still survive.

3. Golf 3 manual. this car is extremely hard to find at that price but is one hell of a mule and will go where other koropes lol shy away from.

smiley #korope
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by lonelydora: 7:03am On Sep 01, 2015
Why not save a little more and get an over sea used car? Nigerian used car may have been vandalized by Kazeem.

1 Like

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
If you're rich, go for a classic ride else, stick to the toyotas and co

1 Like

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by youngice(m): 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Get a senator as a sugar daddy and buy a g-wagon or
save up and buy a tokunbo car
avoid naija used cars , forget all these big big grammar tha we are blowing here
naija used is trouble in the 'flesh'
Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by mayorjosh(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
My lady get yourself a golf 4

Come over to ijebu ode..d tin b like pure water grin

Just kiddin oo

But for real u can find it at 500k(tokunbo)...its durable,fuel capacity is fantastic and it doesn't consume fuel like buharis car

Besides its a level of class on its own esp for a young single working lady

1 Like

Re: Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car by ubiquitousade(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2015
youngice:
forget all these big big grammar tha we are blowing here
naija used is trouble in the 'flesh'

this is a wrong assertion

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot 407 - How Much? / RX330 Single Jerk When Accelerating After Coasting. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.