Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? (7678 Views)

What Should I Invest 1 Million Naira On / Invest #1,000 And Make #300,000 In A Month / What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hello Investment gurus in the house. I recently started learning about FGN bonds and T-Bills and they seem pretty interesting study. But I'd like to know the best way to invest a million naira utilising the power of compound interests too so I can max my profit. Also are there legitimate avenues where I can invest a million naira and get about 5% interest monthly? Please I'd appreciate any response and advise from you all. Thanks.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by vacanci: 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
5% monthly amount to 60% per annum. If any one promised you that, run away because it's not legit. Scam.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
adrianstylez:
Hello Investment gurus in the house. I recently started learning about FGN bonds and T-Bills and they seem pretty interesting study. But I'd like to know the best way to invest a million naira utilising the power of compound interests too so I can max my profit. Also are there legitimate avenues where I can invest a million naira and get about 5% interest monthly? Please I'd appreciate any response and advise from you all. Thanks.
You said you've started learning about t.bills and bonds, and yet you've not learnt anything? Well, if you have other means of income, then I'll suggest you go with t.bill or bonds. I have not tried bond but i can give you more infor on t.bill if that's your choice cos i have funds in it
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
Naijaonlinegists:
You said you've started learning about t.bills and bonds, and yet you've not learnt anything? Well, if you have other means of income, then I'll suggest you go with t.bill or bonds. I have not tried bond but i can give you more infor on t.bill if that's your choice cos i have funds in it
Thank you so much for your response. How is the profits rate of T-Bills. I heard is goes in 90days minimum duration. Can I rollover my investments after that specified period?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
vacanci:
5% monthly amount to 60% per annum. If any one promised you that, run away because it's not legit. Scam.

Thanks for this info. However are you saying that no legitimate investment opportunities can pay up to 4- 5% monthly?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Desanta(m): 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
The only legit business I can think of that does not require your presence and will give you 5% profit monthly is money lending.
However it does have its challenges. I know because I have been there. However, NTB gives you a lot of peace of mind and does not require your presence. That's what I do now.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
adrianstylez:

Thank you so much for your response. How is the profits rate of T-Bills. I heard is goes in 90days minimum duration. Can I rollover my investments after that specified period?
The profit depends on the amount you intend to invest and the prevailing interest rate. If you intend investing the whole 1m for 91day at let say 10% interest rate. You should be having 25k as profit on maturity.

And you you can rollover the interest for as long as you want.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by vacanci: 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
adrianstylez:

Thanks for this info. However are you saying that no legitimate investment opportunities can pay up to 4- 5% monthly?

There is no guaranteed investment that yield that. Only options are risky ones like in capital market, FOREX or entrepreneurship where you can also look your capital if your speculations don't go your way
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Naijaonlinegists:
The profit depends on the amount you intend to invest and the prevailing interest rate. If you intend investing the whole 1m for 91day at let say 10% interest rate. You should be having 25k as profit on maturity.

And you you can rollover the interest for as long as you want.

But 10% of 1 million is 100k na
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
adrianstylez:

But 10% of 1 million is 100k na
Hmmmm! For 91days? Are a money doubler? For 365days is 100k, for 182days is 100k/2= 50k and 91days is 100k/4=25k

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=Naijaonlinegists post=37501535]Hmmmm! For 91days? Are a money doubler? For 365days is 100k, for 182days is 100k/2= 50k and 91days is 100k/4=25k [/quokte]

Chai 25k profits in 3 months. About 8k a month from 1 million naira investment. Wow. Looks meagre. #Justsaying

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by whyniel: 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=adrianstylez post=37501705][/quote]
You ain't ready for TBills if such return is too meagre.
You can increase your principal you know. The more the merrier.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 31, 2015
whyniel:

You ain't ready for TBills if such return is too meagre.

You can increase your principal you know. The more the merrier.
Don't get me wrong. I just feel making about 100k a year from investing 1 million is small. I'm willing to go about it though but I need more info.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=adrianstylez post=37501705][/quote]Then leave the fund in your savings account. I think that will be a better idea for you....
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
Naijaonlinegists:
Then leave the fund in your savings account. I think that will be a better idea for you....

If course not! I just need the best way to invest a million that will give me at least 300k within a year.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by sayit247: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
To avoid losing your money, do not seek 'abnormal' profits. It is good for you to know that the investment vehicle you wish to utilise in achieving returns will also make profit to service their operations before declaring profit for you. If you desire a minimum of 30% ROI, why not take lessons in entrepreneurship so you can maximise returns on your capital of N1,000,000.00. In any investment you make the security of your funds should rank uppermost in your mind. Thank you.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
letsurvey:

Instead of putting in savings put it ib fixed deposit. I think Gtb gives about 5% per month. it changes every time so u will need to get to the bank to know how much the rate is
The reason for my statement was because i suggested t.bill for the op and he said 25k for 3months is too small. Then leaving the fund idle in saving might be a better idea for him nah...
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
letsurvey:

Instead of putting in savings put it ib fixed deposit. I think Gtb gives about 5% per month. it changes every time so u will need to get to the bank to know how much the rate is

5% per month. That sounds impossible.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
sayit247:
To avoid losing your money, do not seek 'abnormal' profits. It is good for you to know that the investment vehicle you wish to utilise in achieving returns will also make profit to service their operations before declaring profit for you. If you desire a minimum of 30% ROI, why not take lessons in entrepreneurship so you can maximise returns on your capital of N1,000,000.00. In any investment you make the security of your funds should rank uppermost in your mind. Thank you.

Hmmmm. Good point there. So what would you do of you have a million naira at hand to spare then?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Desanta(m): 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
letsurvey:

What is NTB Can one lose his money doing it.

NTB= Nigerian Treasury bills. Your principal is safe. You cannot lose it.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
letsurvey:

No, its possible. presently zenith bank fixed deposit rate is 7% per 30 days

That % is perannum not per month OGA!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 01, 2015
letsurvey:

Aloaye Ekhaesomi - 2:30 pm
to ewuosobamidele, Oyintomi.Osofisan
Dear Esteemed Customer,
Thank you for your mail to ZenithDirect.
Sequel to your enquiry, kindly be informed
that treasury bills are available to Zenith bank
account holders.
The minimum amount you can purchase in the
primary auction is N1,000,000 and you need to
submit a written instruction for the funds to be
debited in your account and used to purchase
treasury bills in your favour, indicating the
amount and tenure which can either be 91 days,
182 or 365 days.
The rates would be available as soon as we get
the bills from CBN which would be communicated
to you once your instruction has reached us.
For fixed deposit account, if you already have an
existing (naira) account in the bank, do proceed
to the nearest branch with a letter of request to
fix a specific amount in your existing account
account, noting that the minimum amount that
can be fixed is N100, 000, which will incur a
compound interest of 7%.
The amount could be fixed for 30 days, 60 days,
90 days or on call (i.e no specified period, to be
liquidated anytime you want)
trust that this is satisfactory. Should you require
further information/clarification, please do not
hesitate to contact us on +234 1 278 7000, 292
7000, 464 7000, 0700ZENITHBANK and
zenithdirect@zenithbank.com
Thank you for choosing Zenith Bank. Do have a
great day.
Best Regards,
Aloaye Ekhaesomi | ZenithDirect | ZenithBankPLC
Directline|01- 292 7000, 464 7000, 278 7000 and
0700ZENITHBANK.
Office Address | 278 Ajose Adeogun Street |
Victoria Island | Lagos.
Email | zenithdirect@zenithbank.com
------------------- Original Message
-------------------
Received: 8/31/2015 10:07 AM
To: ZenithDirect
Subject: where can i invest
I have 100k and I want to invest it for short term
investment. I was
thinking of fixed deposit or treasury bill. Please
what us your
advice. Or which service do you offer that can
give me a better return
of my money. And what are the interest rates

Kindly Cal the guy yourself and ask if the 7% is perannum or per month. If na 7% per month. Nobody go work again na. That's mad salary monthly. That's why I seriously doubt it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by cunny88(m): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Nah GTB gives 6.75% per annum for up to 1m fixed dep
letsurvey:

Re: What Is The Best Way To Invest 1 Million Naira? by SHOT(m): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
letsurvey:
I believe that should clear your doubts

No bank in nigeria will give u 7% per month... Its per annum...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Time Free Forex Trading Signals For Better Profit / I Am Giving 10 People 10k Each / Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.