Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible (4742 Views)

Oyedepo’s Statement, Daddy Freeze’s Errors And Ibiyeomie’s Threat By Deji Yesufu / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nellyfrancis157: 11:39am On Jan 13, 2022
If the Bible was divinely inspired then why would it have so many contradictions?

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works
Gen 6:6

2. God dwells in light
1Timothy 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1kings 8:12, PS 18:11, PS 97:2

3. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24, PS 139:2-3
God tries to find out what is in their heart
Deut13:3, Deut 8:2, Gen 22:12

4. God is just and impartial
PS 92:15, Gen 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25, Ex 20:5, Matt 13:12

5. God accepts human sacrifices
2Sam 21:8-9 &14,Gen 22:2, Judge 11:30-32
God forbids human sacrifices
Deut 12:30-31

6. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18
God lies by proxy: he sends forth lying spirits to deceive
2Thes 2:11, 1Kings 22:3, Ezek 14:9

7. Christ taught non-resistance
Matt 5:39, Matt 26:52
Christ taught and practiced physical resistance
Luke 22:36, John 2:15

8. Public prayer sanctioned
1kings 8:22,54. Ikings 9:3
Public prayer disapproved
Matt 6:5-6

9. Adultery forbidden
Ex 20:14, Heb 13:4
Adultery allowed
Num 31:18, Hos 1:2; 2:1-3

10. John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John 1:43, John3:22-24
John was not in prison when Jesus went to Galilee
John 1:43, John 3:22-24

NOTE: I'm a Christian and I believe the Bible, but I just want someone to explain and make me understand why there isn't any mistake in the Bible with all these facts from my research

3 Likes

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Damojoy(m): 11:57am On Jan 13, 2022
Brb
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Exmilitant(m): 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2022
The Jews rabbinic council appointed 70 elders to trnslate and copy the history of the Jews, it is called the, Masoretic text of te Jamian canon. And 300 years after the alleged ascension of Christ, pope Damasus ordered his secretary, St Jerome to go round the world and collect the, letters, diaries, memoirs and autobiography of the early disciples of Jesus, 14 years later, St Jerome came up with Bibilia(mini library) and you have the Bible. then there was some modifications, additions and subtractions by various popes. So don't expect a contradiction free history put together by imperfect men.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
Damojoy Make i go call the Christian brothers to come explain ds for us!

Rosement, MaxInDHouse, achorladey, Myer, antiislam, advocatejare, rightchannel, Hashabiah, Obelemy, Originakalokalo, Kobojunkie, true2god, thorpido, malvisguy212, Agbegbaorogboye, okeyglm, Dtruthspeaker, tsinzu, innotutorial, zoer, Steep, Hendtime, truthissupreme, dstvee, jesusjnr2020, lesbiconverter, trutht828, Enilove, sagenaija, Righteousness2

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Steep: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
Nellyfrancis157:
If the Bible was divinely inspired then why would it have so many contradictions?

before Gen 6vv6 something entered God's creation which is sin.

2. God dwells in light
God dwells in darkness
God does not dwell in darkness rather psalm 18:11, 97 is metaphorically referring to the mystery of God's presence.

God does not try to know man's heart rather he tries and searched out his heart, which means he expose and judge the heart of man.

non of this scriptures says God is unjust.

If you are talking of jahpeth, God never command him neither did scripture say God received it, there is no where in the bible where God commanded human sacrifice, God forbade it in Israel.
Isaac was never sacrificed, it was a test to Abraham.

6. God cannot lie
God didn't lie, the spirit of lie that came up was an evil spirit, God permitted the evil spirit to decieve Ahab because Ahab loved false prophecies, God himself revealed the truth to Micah to tell Ahab that it was the spirit of lie that influenced the false prophets.

Christ never used sword, Jesus telling his disciples to get a sword was symbolical.

matt6:5-6 was referring to private prayer not public prayer.

9. Adultery forbidden
Adultery allowed
Adultery is not allowed, but an adulterer can be forgiven if he or she confesses and turn away from it.

Jesus went into Galilee many times both before John was sent to prison and after he was arrested

NOTE: I'm a Christian and I believe the Bible, but I just want someone to explain and make me understand why there isn't any mistake in the Bible with all these facts from my research
I hope these help you

4 Likes

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2022
Nellyfrancis157:

Where, in your Bible, do you have God instructing you to believe in your Bible though? undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Felimax(m): 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2022
Exmilitant:
The Jews rabbinic council appointed 70 elders to trnslate and copy the history of the Jews, it is called the, Masoretic text of te Jamian canon. And 300 years after the alleged ascension of Christ, pope Damasus ordered his secretary, St Jerome to go round the world and collect the, letters, diaries, memoirs and autobiography of the early disciples of Jesus, 14 years later, St Jerome came up with Bibilia(mini library) and you have the Bible. then there was some modifications, additions and subtractions by various popes. So don't expect a contradiction free history put together by imperfect men.
Hmmm! I greet you sir!
I think because of contradictions like these that was why the church argued that not everyone or anyone can give authority about the Bible, because it can easily be read out of context.
Context is one big element in almost all the point raised by the op. I just think.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
Greetings brother.
The Word "contradiction" shouldn't be used. Rather we see translation issues and readers' lack of contextual and exegetical reading.
Felimax:

Hmmm! I greet you sir!
I think because of contradictions like these that was why the church argued that not everyone or anyone can give authority about the Bible, because it can easily be read out of context.
Context is one big element in almost all the point raised by the op. I just think.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
I DARE SAY THE BIBLE DOESN'T CONTRADICT ITSELF.

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Felimax(m): 2:17pm On Jan 13, 2022
Steep:

God does not dwell in darkness rather psalm 18:11, 97 is metaphorically referring to the mystery of God's presence.

God does not try to know man's heart rather he tries and searched out his heart, which means he expose and judge the heart of man.

If you are talking of jahpeth, God never command him neither did scripture say God received it, there is no where in the bible where God commanded human sacrifice, God forbade it in Israel.

God didn't lie, the spirit of lie that came up was an evil spirit, God permitted the evil spirit to decieve Ahab because Ahab loved false prophecies, God himself revealed the truth to Micah to tell Ahab that it was the spirit of lie that influenced the false prophets.

Christ never used sword, Jesus telling his disciples to get a sword was symbolical.

Adultery is not allowed, but an adulterer can be forgiven if he or she confesses and turn away from it.

Jesus went into Galilee many times both before John was sent to prison and after he was arrested

I hope these help you
I greet you too chief!
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Exmilitant(m): 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
Felimax:

Hmmm! I greet you sir!
The Catholic were right in denying the common man access to the Bible because they know the resultsnt effect. Now wr got millions of Bible interpreters and their ministries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Dtruthspeaker: 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
Nellyfrancis157:
If the Bible was divinely inspired then why would it have so many contradictions?...

4. ...God is unjust and partial

God, unjust and impartial?

I wanted to give a blanket answer until I saw this part.

THE MERE FACT THAT YOU SUFFER SERIOUS LACK OF UNDERSTANDING DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD RUN YOUR MOUTH.

"A fools mouth is his destruction"! Proverbs 18:7.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Dtruthspeaker: 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
Steep:

I hope these help you

Even a primary 6 year old understood this differences, how is it possible a grown up could not distill the differences?

He must surely be cocaine-mkpurumiri mad!
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2022
AntiChristian:
Damojoy Make i go call the Christian brothers to come explain ds for us!

Rosement, MaxInDHouse, achorladey, Myer, antiislam, advocatejare, rightchannel, Hashabiah, Obelemy, Originakalokalo, Kobojunkie, true2god, thorpido, malvisguy212, Agbegbaorogboye, okeyglm, Dtruthspeaker, tsinzu, innotutorial, zoer, Steep, Hendtime, truthissupreme, dstvee, jesusjnr2020, lesbiconverter, trutht828, Enilove, sagenaija, Righteousness2

Go and get Naira Marley for him he needs some stuff! cheesy
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Even a primary 6 year old understood this differences, how is it possible a grown up could not distill the differences?

Instead of hurling insults at a fellow Christian who asks genuine questions boggling his mind about the bible, isn't the proper thing to prefer the correct answers and help him come into the truth?

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
Myer:

Instead of hurling insults at a fellow Christian who asks genuine questions boggling his mind about the bible, isn't the proper thing to prefer the correct answers and help him come into the truth?

Don't mind the guy and his colleagues here, they are only fighting to keep the source for their stomach, because they don't want their followers to know the truth about the Bible so that they can continue to milk their followers

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
Steep:
Acceptable.

I beg to differ. Exodus 20:21
The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

So many instances where God revealed the intent of people's hearts. Jesus telling Judas to quickly do what he must being a more obvious example.

I'll pass on this.

2 Kings 3:27 God honoured a human sacrifice even from the enemy camp against the Israelites.

Potayto- Potahto. Same same.

You could have atleast shed more light on this symbolic sword. Cos the verse wasnt referring to the word of God.

Don't get this too.

No comment.

Excusable. But then again the word of God is supposed to be inspired.

I hope these help you
You get an E for effort. Only interesting comment on the post so far.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:17am On Jan 14, 2022
Nellyfrancis157:

The highlighted says a lot about you in person and if you're sincere i'll advise you to do yourself a favour.
If you truly believe the Bible then you find some disturbing comments in it what should you do?
Think about a person who likes you so much but now heard negative things about you, will he just throw the comments in the air knowing fully well that you have lots of enemies out there? NO!
He will carefully look for your friends and when he finds them he will present all the things he heard before your friends.
Note that he won't just assume that someone is your friend simply because the person claimed so but observe carefully to be certain that this person loves you.
Now who are the people that always go about in both rain and sunshine to talk about what is written in the Bible?
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
Throughout the world this group are well known in all our neighbourhood going to pay their neighbours uninvited visits no matter what people do to them the JWs will be back to share what they learned in the book they cherished most with you. They truly love the book Bible and are ready to sacrifice their lives to preach and teach what they found in it!

So find them and ask your questions. This is a faceless public forum where there are lots of people with different motives but if you're able to discuss with the real friends of the Bible you'll get all your answers.

That's what an elderly Jew named Nicodemus did in the first century when he heard negative comments about a young Jewish guy name Jesus. Nicodemus has began to like the young man but there are lots of negative comments about him so he decided to speak with Jesus one on one but he did it when there will be no distractions! John 3:1-16

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Don't mind the guy and his colleagues here, they are only fighting to keep the source for their stomach, because they don't want their followers to know the truth about the Bible so that they can continue to milk their followers

You've said it all.
The Truth is that according to the bible, Jesus Christ set us all free from sin and bondage.

Adam made us all sinners without us having committed any sin.
And Jesus Christ (Second Adam) set us all free from sin without us performing any acts of righteousness.

According to David,he was a sinner even while in his mother's womb. This was because of the sin of Adam.
Thanks to Jesus, now we are the righteousness of God even while in the wombs of our mothers.
Hallelujah.

But be careful not to be carried away.
We shave to know we bear the image of God and so we have to be good and not evil.

It's blank cheque that you have to use wisely.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 7:36am On Jan 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If a primary 6 year old can understand it, how come even you still don't.
Cos even Jesus said his disciples could not understand it until he sent the Helper (Holyspirit).
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57am On Jan 14, 2022
Myer:

Only when it is in GOOD intentions. And if it was with Good intentions, we know how it will and must be presented.

Which is proven by the joy of that son of Satan Antichristian, who got what the op was doing and attempting to do, which was surely not in good faith.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 14, 2022
Myer:

You've said it all.
The Truth is that according to the bible, Jesus Christ set us all free from sin and bondage.

And Jesus Christ (Second Adam) set us all free from sin without us performing any acts of righteousness.

According to David,he was a sinner even while in his mother's womb. This was because of the sin of Adam.
Thanks to Jesus, now we are the righteousness of God even while in the wombs of our mothers.
Hallelujah.

We shave to know we bear the image of God and so we have to be good and not evil.

No where in the Old Testament did GOD promises to send HIS son to be crucified for our sins. GOD Forgave The People Of Nineveh Without Waiting For Jesus' Crucifixion. The Roman Royal family, The Flavians created the Jesus that is being preached today. Watch these well documented videos with historical records to find out for yourself.

Israel was a war zone during the time of Jesus till Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD as the Jews revolted against Roman occupation. Ask yourself why the capital of Christianity is in Rome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y741QbT1YEo

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Fiscus105(m): 10:21am On Jan 14, 2022
I guess you are a in state of confusion or you lacked basic understanding of simplest of English grammar.

The very first I cross checked, Number 31:18.

Moses (not God) instructed them to keep Midianite virgins Israelites captured for themselves,............. Thus keeping for themselves mean formication with them? Capita NO.

Meanwhile, there are various voices in Bible and it will be foolishness on ur part to believe all the voices/instructions are of God.

.........Satan asked Jesus in the Bible to jump, did Jesus jump becos its voice from Bible? Do not forget Satan quoted psalm 91 that had been written long before Jesus was born.

........Aaron asked Israelite women in the absent of Moses that they should bring forth their earrings in other to use it to build idol for them to worship in which they compiled and Aaron also built the idol, will you now follow that cos its written in the Bible?

I will advice you to always give ur bible for who knows how to interpret Bible 100% correctly as it was done in the days of Philip. Not only that, you should also improve yourself in aspect of English language of "figurative & idiomatic expressions" they are largely used in Bible and I think its the basis of ur confusion.

NB. I stopped cross checking the rest.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:24am On Jan 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

No Where in the Old Testament there is not where GOD promises to send HIS son to be crucified for our sins. GOD Forgave The People Of Nineveh Without Waiting For Jesus' Crucifixion. The Roman Royal family, The Flavians created the Jesus that is being preached today. Watch these well documented videos with historical records to find out for yourself.

Israel was a war zone during the time of Jesus till Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD as the Jews revolted against Roman occupation. Ask yourself why the capital of Christianity is in Rome?

You will only continue running from one thread to another, but as far as Jesus is concerned you will never get anyone to debunk Jesus' story as fake! cheesy
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You will only continue running from one thread to another, but as far as Jesus is concerned you will never get anyone to debunk Jesus' story as fake! cheesy

You are only concerned about your stomach from what you are gaining from your followers and hence you are doing all you can from allowing them to find out the truth. GOD has made Youtube.com available for all to be set them free so you are only wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:34am On Jan 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

You are only concerned about your stomach from what you are gaining from your followers and hence you are doing all you can from allowing them to find out the truth. GOD has made Youtube available for all to be set free so you are only wasting your time.

Sorry you missed it big time! cheesy
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, we don't have Pastors who live on the contributions of members, each of us work for what we eat.
So you can tell that to misinformed churchgoers not Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and he has laid down his perfect human life to redeem mankind from our sins.
If you need more information on that we are ready to feed you FREELY but thinking you can use the YouTube stories where fabricated things reign to form enlightenment then you've goofed big time! wink
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Sorry you missed it big time! cheesy
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, we don't have Pastors who live on the contributions of members, each of us work for what we eat.
So you can tell that to misinformed churchgoers not Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and he has laid down his perfect human life to redeem mankind from our sins.
If you need more information on that we are ready to feed you FREELY but thinking you can use the YouTube stories where fabricated things reign to form enlightenment then you've goofed big time! wink

You claim Jesus is the only begotten Son of God , yet Jesus said "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven." “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."
There was great distress in Judea till the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD. These were the events Jesus said will happen and immediately after these events He will return.
If you are not FAKE then you would have known that you're promoting a FAKE gospel

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by tctrills: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2022
Nellyfrancis157:

2. God dwells in light
God dwells in darkness

6. God cannot lie

9. Adultery forbidden
Adultery allowed

The bible is over 2000 years. It has gone from hand to hand before getting to us. Lots of editing and changes occurred. There are clearly many mistakes in the bible like the ones you stated but it also contains the words of God.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by tctrills: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

No where in the Old Testament did GOD promises to send HIS son to be crucified for our sins. GOD Forgave The People Of Nineveh Without Waiting For Jesus' Crucifixion. The Roman Royal family, The Flavians created the Jesus that is being preached today. Watch these well documented videos with historical records to find out for yourself.

Revelation 13.8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the Book of Life of the Lamb, slain from the foundation of the world. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ has the power to save all both those that died before his coming and those that died after his coming. All mankind would be saved through the atonement of Jesus Christ.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Only when it is in GOOD intentions. And if it was with Good intentions, we know how it will and must be presented.

Which is proven by the joy of that son of Satan Antichristian, who got what the op was doing and attempting to do, which was surely not in good faith.

Na me be son of Satan?

Anyways, you are not the first to abuse people like this:

Jesus said:
Matthew 23:33
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Luke 11:40
You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

But I am not Peter nor son of Peter so why call me such? lipsrsealed
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

God, unjust and impartial?

I wanted to give a blanket answer until I saw this part.

THE MERE FACT THAT YOU SUFFER SERIOUS LACK OF UNDERSTANDING DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD RUN YOUR MOUTH.

"A fools mouth is his destruction"! Proverbs 18:7.

Your own na to abuse like Jesus.

Matthew 23:33
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Luke 11:40
You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2022
Myer:

You've said it all.
Jesus Christ didn't say he came to set people free from sin!

Adam's sin is his only. My sin is my sin! Even Jesus will carry his own cross!

Hallelujah.
How does this make sense to you?

What image of God is that and how do you describe it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Burmese Muslims’ Unabated Genocide / Holy Ghost Fire: Is It Biblical? / Dealing With Pride As A Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.