Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu (753 Views)

Most Politicians Guilty Of False Assets Declaration – Okunrounmu / Okunrounmu: 'Buhari Tricked Tinubu To Get Power Back To North' / Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by ijustdey: 3:37am On Aug 31, 2015
A leader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Senator Femi Okunrounmu, says the
Yoruba will regret voting President Muhammadu
Buhari.

Okunrounmu, who was the Chairman of the defunct Presidential Advisory Committee on National Conference, had supported former President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term and asked the Yoruba to vote for him so that he would be able to implement the report of the conference.

However, Buhari received over two million votes from the South-West in the last election, defeating Jonathan in the process. Speaking with our correspondent during a telephone interview on Saturday, Okunrounmu said his predictions about the Buhari
administration were already coming true.
He said Buhari’s recent appointments showed that the North would dominate Nigeria in all spheres.

He said, “As a Yoruba man, I am very uncomfortable with this (appointments). Buhari had a reputation for ethnic bias and when we said it during the election, they said we were lying.
“The change the APC was talking about meant two different things. The APC in the North saw change as an opportunity to return power to the region while those in the South-West were looking for genuine social change. At the end, the North just used the South-West to get into Aso Rock and now we are regretting it.”

The President’s spokesperson, Mr. Femi Adesina,
had said Buhari would balance the lopsided
appointments very soon.
However, Okunrounmu said all the important
appointments had already been made.
He noted that no other appointment could be more powerful than the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
He said, “Look at the power configuration in Nigeria today; there are three arms of government:
The executive, the legislature and the
judiciary.
The executive is headed by Buhari who is a northerner; the two arms of the legislature which are the Senate and the House of Representatives, are headed by northerners:
Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara, respectively.
“The Chief Justice, Mahmoud Mohammed, who
heads the judiciary, is also a northerner. So, the
entire government is completely in the hands of
northerners.”

The Afenifere chieftain said the fact that a Yoruba
man is the vice-president meant nothing as there
was no constitutional role for the vice-president.
He said the vice-president slot was a ploy which
the All Progressives Congress leader, Asiwaju Bola
Tinubu, used in deceiving the people of the
South-West.

He added, “I have never hesitated in telling people
that Tinubu is not the right leader for the Yoruba race. He is not truthful and that was why Gani Fawehinmi took him to court.”
Okunrounmu, who was a member of the 4th
Assembly, urged Buhari to prove his critics right
by implementing the report of the conference.
He said, “Clearly, his body language and the body
language of all his lieutenants show that they are not keen on implementing the resolutions of the
conference.
However, in spite of that, those of us who believe it is the panacea to the problems of this nation shall not stop putting pressure on the President and all other organs of government to let them see that this is the way forward.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/yoruball-regret-voting-buhari-okunrounmu/

lalasticlala
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by akpakoboy: 3:39am On Aug 31, 2015
Cry babies
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by ijustdey: 3:39am On Aug 31, 2015
afenifere keeps looking for relevance
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 31, 2015
[b]They're already regretting. Most of the vocal ones I know have suddenly become docile. Shame nor let some talk. They put up lame defence like "as long as Buhari performs".. undecided.

While the South is waiting for performance and change as they say, the North has already gotten their change and they're consolidating on it, securing their future and political grip on the country.

Sad but true, Tinubu might just have sold the Yorubas to slavery. How long it will last is what's not known yet. What was he bloody expecting aligning with Buhari?

If Tinubu is as astute as some imply, he would have brought out Fashola or someone else and sell his candidate. Not standing behind an already known Nothern figure and act as a war chest. Now I really believe Yinka Odumakin who aptly described Tinubu as one who plays Ludo in Lagos and couldn't understand the Chess game played in Abuja.

Even CBN governor and NNPC GMD are headed by Delta Igbos. As it's turning out to be I'm sure at the end of the day the political juggernauts from the South West will discover Jonathan was a better deal!
[/b]
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by jazinogold(m): 5:24am On Aug 31, 2015
proudly 5%! I refuse to be intimidated and cajoled! grin
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by kettykings: 5:50am On Aug 31, 2015
calebo101:
[b]They're already regretting. Most of the vocal ones I know have suddenly become docile. Shame nor let some talk. They put up lame defence like "as long as Buhari performs".. undecided.

While the South is waiting for performance and change as they say, the North has already gotten their change and they're consolidating on it, securing their future and political grip on the country.

Sad but true, Tinubu might just have sold the Yorubas to slavery. How long it will last is what's not known yet. What was he bloody expecting aligning with Buhari?

If Tinubu is as astute as some imply, he would have brought out Fashola or someone else and sell his candidate. Not standing behind an already known Nothern figure and act as a war chest. Now I really believe Yinka Odumakin who aptly described Tinubu as one who plays Ludo in Lagos and couldn't understand the Chess game played in Abuja.

Even CBN governor and NNPC GMD are headed by Delta Igbos. As it's turning out to be I'm sure at the end of the day the political juggernauts from the South West will discover Jonathan was a better deal!
[/b]

Those people with their trumped up political sophistication are a huge disaster to them selves
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:06am On Aug 31, 2015
calebo101:

[/b]
You're confused. You claim Tinubu can't sell his candidate, Fashola, yet you're among the people bringing frivolous accusations against him.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by otukpo(f): 6:10am On Aug 31, 2015
We are waiting.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:11am On Aug 31, 2015
Alatenuje! Coming from Okurounmu, the man known to be the first to call Jonathan clueless.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Jonathan, Others Didn’t Benefit Their People – Igbokwe / Buhari's 100 days On Channels Tv.. Tune In / Freezing Of Tompolo’s Accounts Barbaric, Unlawful, Ijaw Group Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.