Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. (30865 Views)

Most Politicians Guilty Of False Assets Declaration – Okunrounmu / Okunrounmu: 'Buhari Tricked Tinubu To Get Power Back To North' / Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by PhockPhockMan: 3:37am On Aug 31, 2015

Aleader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Senator Femi Okunrounmu, says the Yoruba will regret voting President Muhammadu Buhari.

Okunrounmu, who was the Chairman of the defunct Presidential Advisory Committee on National Conference, had supported former President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term and asked the Yoruba to vote for him so that he would be able to implement the report of the conference.

However, Buhari received over two million votes from the South-West in the last election, defeating Jonathan in the process.

Speaking with our correspondent during a telephone interview on Saturday, Okunrounmu said his predictions about the Buhari administration were already coming true.

He said Buhari’s recent appointments showed that the North would dominate Nigeria in all spheres.

He said, “As a Yoruba man, I am very uncomfortable with this (appointments). Buhari had a reputation for ethnic bias and when we said it during the election, they said we were lying.

“The change the APC was talking about meant two different things. The APC in the North saw change as an opportunity to return power to the region while those in the South-West were looking for genuine social change. At the end, the North just used the South-West to get into Aso Rock and now we are regretting it.”

The President’s spokesperson, Mr. Femi Adesina, had said Buhari would balance the lopsided appointments very soon.

However, Okunrounmu said all the important appointments had already been made.

He noted that no other appointment could be more powerful than the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

He said, “Look at the power configuration in Nigeria today; there are three arms of government: The executive, the legislature and the judiciary. The executive is headed by Buhari who is a northerner; the two arms of the legislature which are the Senate and the House of Representatives, are headed by northerners: Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara, respectively.

“The Chief Justice, Mahmoud Mohammed, who heads the judiciary, is also a northerner. So, the entire government is completely in the hands of northerners.”

The Afenifere chieftain said the fact that a Yoruba man is the vice-president meant nothing as there was no constitutional role for the vice-president.

He said the vice-president slot was a ploy which the All Progressives Congress leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, used in deceiving the people of the South-West.

He added, “I have never hesitated in telling people that Tinubu is not the right leader for the Yoruba race. He is not truthful and that was why Gani Fawehinmi took him to court.”

Okunrounmu, who was a member of the 4th Assembly, urged Buhari to prove his critics right by implementing the report of the conference.

He said, “Clearly, his body language and the body language of all his lieutenants show that they are not keen on implementing the resolutions of the conference. However, in spite of that, those of us who believe it is the panacea to the problems of this nation shall not stop putting pressure on the President and all other organs of government to let them see that this is the way forward.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/yoruball-regret-voting-buhari-okunrounmu/

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by scofieldsimba(m): 3:40am On Aug 31, 2015
Well said sir!
It was a case of hearing the voice of Jacob and touching the body of Esau.

Introvert and LadyF slept off and .... Am here.

Now I believe that you must be totally jobless to achieve this trophyless feat.

A blessed week to all the men of honor and dignity in this our Nairaland Community. Amen

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by DeRoyalFranco(m): 3:41am On Aug 31, 2015
Very sure... There is a yoruba man called Jagaban. He supported Buhari through out the campaign morally and financially.. As at now, over 30 appointments goes to North, few to part of the east and ZERO to the yoruba's south west.. Sai Baba!

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by signature2012(m): 4:05am On Aug 31, 2015
It is well!

Check the link below for lovely footwears.

https://www.nairaland.com/2564231/check-here-collections-footwears

1 Like

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by raumdeuter: 4:08am On Aug 31, 2015
These hungry Afenifere people sef.

People who cant win elections on their street suddenly have an opinion on Yorubas

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 31, 2015
[b]They're already regretting. Most of the vocal ones I know have suddenly become docile. Shame nor let some talk. They put up lame defence like "as long as Buhari performs".. undecided.

While the South is waiting for performance and change as they say, the North has already gotten their change and they're consolidating on it, securing their future and political grip on the country.

Sad but true, Tinubu might just have sold the Yorubas to slavery. How long it will last is what's not known yet. What was he bloody expecting aligning with Buhari?

If Tinubu is as astute as some imply, he would have brought out Fashola or someone else and sell his candidate. Not standing behind an already known Nothern figure and act as a war chest. Now I really believe Yinka Odumakin who aptly described Tinubu as one who plays Ludo in Lagos and couldn't understand the Chess game played in Abuja.

Even CBN governor and NNPC GMD are headed by Igbos. As it's turning out to be I'm sure at the end of the day the political juggernauts from the South West will discover Jonathan was a better deal!
[/b]

215 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 31, 2015
Appointment or no appointment; all we want is good governance.

Why are these politicians dragging us into their fight? If Femi Okunrounmu were appointed the SGF, would he have said this? When they lose out, they remember the masses and hurry to whip up ethnic, religious and regional sentiments. When they win, they advise us on keeping faith with one Nigeria.

Buhari played this game too during his years of running for elections and losing.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by courage54(m): 4:27am On Aug 31, 2015
Am a proud Niger-delta man and am proud to be among the team that voted for the emancipation of our dear country from the hands of a clueless president.

Note!!!

WE ARE NIGER-DELTANS AND NOT BIAFRA

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by kossyablaze(m): 4:36am On Aug 31, 2015
Sure

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by kossyablaze(m): 4:38am On Aug 31, 2015
courage54:
Am a proud Niger-delta man and am proud to be among the team that voted for the emancipation of our dear country from the hands of a clueless president.

Note!!!

WE ARE NIGER-DELTANS AND NOT BIAFRA
Ogogoro at work

258 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Aufbauh(m): 4:51am On Aug 31, 2015
Okunrunmu or whatever you call yourself please speak for yourself. The people that voted PMB did not voted primarily for the sake of any self serving appointment. It was done as a matter of urgency to rescue our dear nation from the hands of tested and proven corrupt monsters championed by a clueless pius looking man.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by LongPennis(m): 4:55am On Aug 31, 2015
Even Tinubu has his regrets now so also several nairalanders like Ngeneukwenu and Beremx but pride won't let them admit it.

2015 was entirely a Northern agenda and sensing that Igbos are too smart to be gullible, the Northerners resorted to the Yorubas to achieve it.

SWesterners, through their media power helped with the necessary propaganda and today, many of them are biting their fingers.

Thank God I have just acquired Cotonou citizenship so Wetin "consai" me. undecided

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by joncom(m): 5:08am On Aug 31, 2015
scofieldsimba:
Hmm
Hmmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by jazinogold(m): 5:25am On Aug 31, 2015
proudly 5%! I refuse to be intimidated and cajoled!

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Firefire(m): 5:31am On Aug 31, 2015
Awon Omo Aale Yoruba ni won gbe o unje won fun Awon Aja.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Femolacaster(m): 5:33am On Aug 31, 2015
Orisirisi....
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by disloman(m): 5:36am On Aug 31, 2015
calebo101:
[b]They're already regretting. Most of the vocal ones I know have suddenly become docile. Shame nor let some talk. They put up lame defence like "as long as Buhari performs".. undecided.

While the South is waiting for performance and change as they say, the North has already gotten their change and they're consolidating on it, securing their future and political grip on the country.

Sad but true, Tinubu might just have sold the Yorubas to slavery. How long it will last is what's not known yet. What was he bloody expecting aligning with Buhari?

If Tinubu is as astute as some imply, he would have brought out Fashola or someone else and sell his candidate. Not standing behind an already known Nothern figure and act as a war chest. Now I really believe Yinka Odumakin who aptly described Tinubu as one who plays Ludo in Lagos and couldn't understand the Chess game played in Abuja.

Even CBN governor and NNPC GMD are headed by Delta Igbos. As it's turning out to be I'm sure at the end of the day the political juggernauts from the South West will discover Jonathan was a better deal!
[/b]
Jona a better deal?Bros!Wetin u smoke?Ain't good 4 ur health oooo.With just less than 100day of Buhari's regime,I can say Buhari is better cos I av hope Nigeria will b great again.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by disloman(m): 5:40am On Aug 31, 2015
Firefire:
Awon Omo Aale.
Awon omo togbo.Won mo game of politics play ba je.Awon omo ibo ton won leyin ni.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by olasmith10(m): 5:41am On Aug 31, 2015
Let the best man get d Job... ethnicity shouldn't override capability and integrity!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Firefire(m): 5:44am On Aug 31, 2015
disloman:
Awon omo togbo.Won mo game of politics play ba je.Awon omo ibo ton won leyin ni.

Kini itumo ohun ti o te yi
I don't understand undecided
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by TRUTHTOPOWER: 5:44am On Aug 31, 2015
The regret, if any, cannot be compared to the joy of voting out the the agonies of PDP led govt.

By the way what will the regret be Bourne of: appointment? That is the headache of "trickle down" politicians and their followers. For the majority who long to prosper with their own hands, enabling environment is all we ask. It is already getting better than the corruption infested regime of GEJ. So no regret.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:19am On Aug 31, 2015
Okunrounmu is the first prominent person to call Jonathan clueless. Atenuje at work. I wonder if the old men in Afenifere have wondered why the enjoyed the good part oe Nigeria, but are now bequeting a bad Nigeria to their grandchildren and great grandchildren.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by ebamma(m): 6:38am On Aug 31, 2015
At first I was like Buhari is a bigot, a tribalist who favours his own,

Now am like, I was too fast to judge the man,

Infact he should fill his cabinet with Imams and Mullahs ,

If that is what he needs, to make this country better,

At least, I now sleep and wake with nepa light, if that is not an improvement, what is?

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by dridowu: 6:44am On Aug 31, 2015
I am a Yoruba to the core, i will never regret voting Buhari . If the opportunity present itself again , i will do it. Senator Femi Okorounmu is only talking his own because he is a politician, he knows that if GEJ won the 2nd term he will be given a post but as at now no post for him.
#SaiBuhari

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by erunz(m): 6:48am On Aug 31, 2015
It aright
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by disloman(m): 6:51am On Aug 31, 2015
Firefire:

Kini itumo ohun ti o te yi
I don't understand undecided
Go back to school n study yoruba.When u graduate,come back n read my comment again.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by tonychristopher: 6:55am On Aug 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

http://www.punchng.com/politics/yoruball-regret-voting-buhari-okunrounmu/

this is one of the very few Yoruba men that call a spade what it is ...a spade

but how do the rest of them think ? can somebody explain this ...look at the mess they out us into

13 Likes

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Firefire(m): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2015
disloman:
Go back to school n study yoruba.When u graduate,come back n read my comment again.

Yeye, abinibi yato si ability.

Lo tun ikokuko ti o ko si be yen ka.

Iran Igbo ko lohun to yin lehin, Iran awusa ni. undecided

Eyin akotileta yi.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by omenka(m): 7:00am On Aug 31, 2015
... and Nigerians in general would have regretted a thousand times more had they made the fatal mistake of returning that scarecrow to office.

#Fact!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by iykak47: 7:02am On Aug 31, 2015
dridowu:
I am a Yoruba to the core, i will never regret voting Buhari . If the opportunity present itself again , i will do it. Senator Femi Okorounmu is only talking his own because he is a politician, he knows that if GEJ won the 2nd term he will be given a post but as at now no post for him.
#SaiBuhari
Characteristics of a Fulani's slave.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by dridowu: 7:10am On Aug 31, 2015
iykak47:
Characteristics of a Fulani slave.
When i was voting GEJ in 2011 , where were you ? I am not pleased with GEJ governance so i join hands with others to send him back to Otuoke , if by 2019 Buhari does not perform to my expections then he will retire at his Daura home. So my brother i am not like you that vote base on sentiment of party, tribe, religion, friends e.t.c i vote with my conscience

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Wizlove(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2015
disloman:
Jona a better deal?Bros!Wetin u smoke?Ain't good 4 ur health oooo.With just less than 100day of Buhari's regime,I can say Buhari is better cos I av hope Nigeria will b great again.
.The hope of a blind man is far better than the hope you're having. Time will tell.

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aregbesola: "I Will Resign If Adeleke Wins". FFK Tells Osun Governor To Resign / Zamani Youths In Niger State Burn Their Brooms And APC Banners (Photos) / Governor Umahi/wife Pictured With President Buhari/wife On Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.