Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? (12662 Views)

Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord / Do The Processor Of A Phone Has Anything To Do With The Camera Quality? / 2016 In Mobile : Top 4 Smartphones And Events To Watch Out For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by oyewolestephen(m): 5:19am On Aug 31, 2015
A Phone having a powerful processor but low RAM compare to a phone having a large ram but low PROCESSOR..which of it will run more flawlessley when it comes to gaming,browsing opening of app,multitasking .etc

Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 31, 2015
This is like asking- What is more important in a CAR- chassis or wheels?
Both have their own roles and are equally important, performance-wise.

iPhone performs better because of its working process and kernel.
The processor and RAM of the iPhone are of the SAME architecture. And yes, the iPhone's processor at 1.2 GHz dual-core is much much much slower than a 1.6 GHz quad-core in the SGS4.
BUT, Android works with a virtual layer in between, known as the Virtual Dalvik Machine. Processes handled in Android are through this VDM, and NOT directly through the kernel. iOS uses the kernel directly to run the processes, and thus has an equally efficient process-handling system, or perhaps even better process handling than Android, when it comes to efficient use of the resources. VDM makes use of a lot of resources for precaching and like.

So like everything that has to do with technology, there is a tradeoff. Higher RAM will give you better prowess to run multiple apps together. Higher processing speed gives you FASTER results.
Thus, as the question asks, one cannot determine what is important, processor or RAM.

P.S. DO NOT go by the fact that processors are "quad-core" and with a high clock speed. The make, build and architecture of the processor are equally important.

DO NOT go by the memory of the RAM. RAMs have their own clock speeds, and thus, a 2 GB DDR2 RAM at 667 MHz will perform MUCH SLOWER than a 1 GB DDR3 RAM at 1066 MHz.

6 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by emaxadey(m): 6:45am On Aug 31, 2015
They are actually both important cuz you can't have a high processor without having enough random access memory to utilise it and store necessary files for immediate use .... I guess one is as important as the other ...if you play pc games you'll understand better
Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by oyewolestephen(m): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2015
I am in dilemma between a phone that has quad core with 2gb of ram vs octacore with 1gb of ram.which one will you advice me to go for.
Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by hansomb: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2021
Processor is more important

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by sureinfo: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2022
They are both important but I think the processor does the major work.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by OlofofoAdugbo1: 11:25am On Jan 10, 2022
Processor is more important
Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by Sunkanmiwise(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
Very good processor is important
Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by Flamees(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2022
The processor
Is more important
A good Processor can handle 1gb ram without lag
Just like A9
Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by Flamees(m): 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
oyewolestephen:
I am in dilemma between a phone that has quad core with 2gb of ram vs octacore with 1gb of ram.which one will you advice me to go for.
Quad
Re: Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? by Pokorg: 11:50pm On Jan 29
A 4gb ram and dimensity 6080 vs 8gb ram snapdragon 4 gen 1. Which one should i go for

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones / Infinix Note 3 Official Android Nougat Update / How To Use Your Smartphone As Your Dash Cam In Your Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.