Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? (2973 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 31, 2015
Producing children is important but do you advise giving birth to children in large numbers or small number?

I know of a young woman who gave birth to six children and currently pregnant for another one but the husband is showing little or no care for the children and the woman herself is not doing a lucrative job to help her cater for the children and this has made the children to live life the hard way, looking malnulrish and unable to go to school. This has made me wonder the motive behind giving birth to many children without the ability to take care of them.

So how many children do you think is ideal for an average nigerian parent?

For me, I think two is ok and three should be the maximum. How about you?

cc: lalasticlala
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2015
As long as you can feed, clothe, shelter, and send them to school, you are free to spread your offsprings over the globe as much as you want.

1 Like

Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2015
In my opinion, three.
Two boys and a girl.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by mayorkyzo: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2015
It's really a personal decision though..but if i must say with the economic situation and all other things considered a manof average means shouldn't have more than 3-4kids...
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by 0luwatope(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2015
Am having just 2kids.... I don't care what others say about it

4 Likes

Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Basildvalour(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2015
2 is okay but if the Lord blesses you with triplets at a go, just be glad.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Chidoks(f): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
In my opinion, three.

Two boys and a girl.
what if you have 3 girls or 3 boys will you stop or will you want to continue to balance the equation?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by agarawu23(m): 9:12am On Aug 31, 2015
it depends on the couples agreement

3 is OK for me smiley
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by FruityLass: 9:13am On Aug 31, 2015
Three please

2boys and a girl.....won't mind if its triplet.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2015
Chidoks:

what if you have 3 girls or 3 boys will you stop or will you want to continue to balance the equation?
I will stop. I know a man who continued, hoping to "balance the equation", but ended up with nine girls.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Chidoks(f): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2015
It depends on what you want, the quality of upbringing , education and parantal care you are ready to offer to your offspring.the larger the family the more difficult for you to really care for your children on a one-on-one basis, no matter how rich you are.coupled with the fact that both parents may be working.imagine a family with 7 children where dad and mum work.the house go be someting else especially if the sons out number the daughters.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:21am On Aug 31, 2015
3 kiss
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
In my opinion, three.

Two boys and a girl.
kiss kiss kiss
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by saintkash(m): 9:40am On Aug 31, 2015
for me...5 is my least. . African man original.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by ronald4lif(m): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2015
I don't know about others but I'm not going to have more than 2-3 kids under no circumstance. The world is over populated already.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by mutter(f): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chidoks:
It depends on what you want, the quality of upbringing , education and parantal care you are ready to offer to your offspring.the larger the family the more difficult for you to really care for your children on a one-on-one basis, no matter how rich you are.coupled with the fact that both parents may be working.imagine a family with 7 children where dad and mum work.the house go be someting else especially if the sons out number the daughters.

Difficult but very possible!
However you need to make sacrifices! Allot of sacrifices to give the children what they need.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Rukkydelta(f): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
6-8 children for me

1 Like

Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by olashas(f): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
1 tongue

1 Like

Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Pidggin(f): 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
For me 1, for an average Nigerian maybe 2. Personally i don't fancy the idea of tripletz @ all. However to each his own.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by maputohq: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pidggin:
For me 1, for an average Nigerian maybe 2. Personally i don't fancy the idea of tripletz @ all. However to each his own.
Hmmm. God Forbid, but if something disastrous eventually happens. This things do not catch up with everyone but they are inevitable.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Pidggin(f): 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
maputohq:

Hmmm. God Forbid, but if something disastrous eventually happens. This things do not catch up with everyone but they are inevitable.

Thanks, to each his own.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
2... A boy and a girl.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Mimiflourish(f): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
Its important to have the number of children you can effectively Carter for, why bring too many children into the world and be unable to give them a good life. They are not animals you just acquire without full time and individual dedication.

Children should not be seen as tools or objects of security. Your responsibility increases as the number of children you have increases and God will hold you accountable.

It's a pity that most parents bring children into the world to be parented by the children they should parent!
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
1 a boy, God help me
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Chidoks(f): 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

Difficult but very possible!
However you need to make sacrifices! Allot of sacrifices to give the children what they need.
possible yes but remember our mothers were mostly housewives because the economy was way better.also we were good children, innocent , difficult to corrupt, premarital sex was a taboo then but now ; everything in the society corrupts.you cannot even allow your children watch teevee alone because flavour or one of his likes may be teaching them sonething else.and if mummy work...
it's not just provisions but parantal care and closeness.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by jmoore(m): 8:21am On Sep 01, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I will stop. I know a man who continued, hoping to "balance the equation", but ended up with nine girls.
Reminds me of my neighbour. He got 1 boy and about 8 or 9 daughters.
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Pidggin(f): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
jmoore:

Reminds me of my neighbour. He got 1 boy and about 8 or 9 daughters.

He will be a very rich man when they get married, besides girls love their daddies so i don't think he will be complaining when he gets old cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
average Nigerian? - two(2)

Apart from food, shelter and other things. quality Education is very important and expensive and will get more and more expensive.

Nigerians really need to stop having kids like rats. The rich ones don't. And even that, they have insurance for their kids.

poor Nigerian? non or 1.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by CBNIM: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
for me, I can go for 5, 4boys 1girl shikenah! so help me God!
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by buoye1(m): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
A boy and a girl

Just 2 is good for me
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by jamesbridget13(f): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2015
Minimum of 2 maximum of 4
Re: What's The Ideal Number Of Children An Average Nigerian Parent Should Have? by NifemiOlu(m): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photo That Got Everyone Talking / Do You Take The "How Are You" Response To A Greeting Offensive? / What Would You Do To Such A Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.