Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All (1410 Views)

Murray-Bruce's Reaction To Buhari's Appointment Of Media Aides / Najatu Muhammad Rejects Buhari’s Appointment, Becomes First Person To Do So / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by OpeQuadri(m): 5:48am On Sep 01, 2015
"Personally, I consider the appointment uproar as a distraction to the more urgent task of nation-building. Now, the fall out will further stoke up tension and worsen our national cohesion. Conspiracy theorists, disgruntled politicians and mischief makers are weaving different tales and creating fears among the populace. Disgruntled politicians are also using the opportunity to score political points.

"In the midst of the national confusion that trailed the appointment, Nigerians are, sadly, not asking the pertinent questions that can refocus the narrative into a more productive one: What has appointment got to do with the national question and malaise that confront our nation? How has previous appointments impacted on the lives of the people? Or is it just the feel good factor that an appointee comes from the same geographical zone as one? Why the fixation on appointments? Why are Nigerians not demanding that our government address the real challenges facing the nation? If you ask me, I do not think Nigerians should bother themselves with who holds which office so far the appointees can deliver.
"For example, what has been the contribution of our kinsmen who have held political positions in the past? How has the North benefitted from being perpetually in power?

"Despite having been in power more than any other geopolitical zone, the North is reputed to have the worst development indices in the country today. It has the highest number of out-of-school children. Do these realities not render the controversy about lopsided appointment pointless? Let’s take a lesson from our immediate political dispensation. Former President Goodluck Jonathan was in power for six years, yet there were no significant development in the Niger Delta. Jonathan was the President and also had appointees from his ethnic group in various positions. Has the Niger Delta fared better? Was East-West Road completed in the years he was in power? Was Bayelsa transformed into Dubai? Even Otuoke, Jonathan’s hometown, reportedly lacks potable water. Now, it has taken Buhari, a President from the North to begin the clean-up of the environmentally degraded Ogoni after six years of a Niger Delta President. Who is fooling who? What has appointment got to do with it? I believe Nigerians should spend time on the critical issues of development and nation building rather than spend time on frivolity of who is appointed into which position. Buhari should be allowed to appoint those he considers capable enough to help him realise his election promises because at the end of the day, the buck stops at his table. If he fails, Nigerians should hold him responsible in the next election."
http://www.punchng.com/opinion/what-has-appointment-got-to-do-with-it/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by Obijulius: 5:50am On Sep 01, 2015
Nigerian problem for parasitic Nigerians.

I'm off to Biafra.

Who is with me?
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by joncom(m): 5:51am On Sep 01, 2015
Obijulius:
.!;:'"
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by tyson99(m): 5:51am On Sep 01, 2015
True Talk
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by doublewisdom: 5:54am On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari failed even before he begun.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by modath(f): 5:56am On Sep 01, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan was in power for six years, yet there were no significant development in the Niger Delta.

This argument would have been Valid if PMB was cut with the same cloth as JONA, but we all know that isn't so!!!

We are a multi ethnic,& diverse & mutually distrusful lots, so appintments should follow that pattern so everyone will be able to identify with the govt & have confidence of equal representation, that's all!!

My grouse with PMB's appts (no complaint about the CVs of the appointee) so far is that the tag of blind tribalism that he was given that was so hard to surmount in 3 failed bids is what we (unapologetic stan) are still being asked to explain everyday!!!

Anyway, I decided long ago to be on the side of Nigeria & not any politician (at the end of the day 99.9% of them are not worth it) so ...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by christinie(f): 5:57am On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari is not smart.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by Ofunaofu: 5:59am On Sep 01, 2015
this argument is the best so far.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by Heromaniaa: 6:05am On Sep 01, 2015
These people don't get it yet. Nigerians are untrusting of one another. no ethnic group trusts the other. The essence of equal distribution of political positions is to create confidence in the government. It is to ensure that no one tribe places its heel on the head of another. it is to build trust and guarantee that the Igbos and Yorubas will not wake up one fateful morning to the nozzle of an AK 47 wielded by a northern soldier- screaming "Do you accept sharia or do you want death?"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by modath(f): 6:07am On Sep 01, 2015
christinie:
Buhari is not smart.

&he is ruling over you & your people? undecided, your case is sorry!
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:12am On Sep 01, 2015
baseless
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by OpeQuadri(m): 6:12am On Sep 01, 2015
doublewisdom:
Buhari failed even before he begun.

How?
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by disloman(m): 6:15am On Sep 01, 2015
christinie:
Buhari is not smart.
But better than d clueless one.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by Alaanyihaji(m): 6:23am On Sep 01, 2015
Ofunaofu:
this argument is the best so far.
If the argument is sacrosanct, why did our founding fathers put the clause of federal character in our statute books. The failure of Jonathan does not justify the neglect of a whole geo pol zone in 31 appointments of a president that belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody. Who is fooling who please? These things are human,giving all a sense of belonging; does not prevent focused development.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by OpeQuadri(m): 6:24am On Sep 01, 2015
disloman:

Not everybody knows that. He's just 100days in office and they want him to change everything that PDP spoiled at once.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by dayo23(f): 6:28am On Sep 01, 2015
Alaanyihaji:
If the argument is sacrosanct, why did our founding fathers put the clause of federal character in our statute books. The failure of Jonathan does not justify the neglect of a whole geo pol zone in 31 appointments of a president that belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody. Who is fooling who please? These things are human,giving all a sense of belonging; does not prevent focused development.
you go cry tire.......Buhari till»»»»»»»»2023
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by OlujobaSamuel: 6:32am On Sep 01, 2015
Osun state had about 3 or 4ministers in the last dispensation, but we only heard of the Agric man, others are as useless as the P in Psycho, so who is deceiving who. PMB will box himself to a corner if he chooses to corner development to a zone so I don't see the appointees not developing the whole nation. I wonder how many of us have even seen those we are agitating for, not to talk of benefiting from their purse.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by dayo23(f): 6:41am On Sep 01, 2015
modath:

This argument would have been Valid if PMB was cut with the same cloth as JONA, but we all know that isn't so!!!

We are a multi ethnic,& diverse & mutually distrusful lots, so appintments should follow that pattern so everyone will be able to identify with the govt & have confidence of equal representation, that's all!!

My grouse with PMB's appts (no complaint about the CVs of the appointee) so far is that the tag of blind tribalism that he was given that was so hard to surmount in 3 failed bids is what we (unapologetic stan) are still being asked to explain everyday!!!

Anyway, I decided long ago to be on the side of Nigeria & not any politician (at the end of the day 99.9% of them are not worth it) so ...

I feel your pain bro, I understand you well. Technically all the few appointment PMB has make so far, u will realised beside the Custom boss that the juicy position was given to the SS and SW, NNPC and FIRS! Now I have said to my self, over 100 appointment are still coming so why the worries? Ministerial, Ambassadors, DGs, Permanent Secretary, Etc... a lot of them, why can't wailers be patient? The thing is Buhari doesn't give a fu*k about noise makers
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by vanunu: 6:44am On Sep 01, 2015
OpeQuadri:

"Personally, I consider the
appointment uproar as a
distraction to the more urgent task
of nation-building. Now, the fall
out will further stoke up tension
and worsen our national cohesion.
Conspiracy theorists, disgruntled
politicians and mischief makers
are weaving different tales and
creating fears among the
populace. Disgruntled politicians
are also using the opportunity to
score political points.

"In the midst of the national
confusion that trailed the
appointment, Nigerians are, sadly,
not asking the pertinent questions
that can refocus the narrative into
a more productive one: What has
appointment got to do with the
national question and malaise that
confront our nation? How has
previous appointments impacted
on the lives of the people? Or is it
just the feel good factor that an
appointee comes from the same
geographical zone as one? Why
the fixation on appointments? Why
are Nigerians not demanding that
our government address the real
challenges facing the nation?
If you ask me, I do not think
Nigerians should bother
themselves with who holds which
office so far the appointees can
deliver.

"For example, what has
been the contribution of our
kinsmen who have held political
positions in the past? How has
the North benefitted from being
perpetually in power?

"Despite having been in power
more than any other geopolitical
zone, the North is reputed to have
the worst development indices in
the country today. It has the
highest number of out-of-school
children. Do these realities not
render the controversy about
lopsided appointment pointless?
Let’s take a lesson from our
immediate political dispensation.
Former President Goodluck
Jonathan was in power for six
years, yet there were no
significant development in the
Niger Delta. Jonathan was the
President and also had appointees
from his ethnic group in various
positions. Has the Niger Delta
fared better? Was East-West Road
completed in the years he was in
power? Was Bayelsa transformed
into Dubai? Even Otuoke,
Jonathan’s hometown, reportedly
lacks potable water. Now, it has
taken Buhari, a President from the
North to begin the clean-up of the
environmentally degraded Ogoni
after six years of a Niger Delta
President. Who is fooling who?
What has appointment got to do
with it? I believe Nigerians should
spend time on the critical issues
of development and nation
building rather than spend time on
frivolity of who is appointed into
which position. Buhari should be
allowed to appoint those he
considers capable enough to help
him realise his election promises
because at the end of the day, the
buck stops at his table. If he fails,
Nigerians should hold him
responsible in the next election."

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/what-has-appointment-got-to-do-with-it/

Op we are humans, not stones. In other words we have feelings. Go and read about what
caused the civil war in sudan and iraq before coming to right rubbish that u do not know.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by omowolewa: 6:54am On Sep 01, 2015
He must watch it.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 01, 2015
christinie:
Buhari is not smart.

I bet you my dear, he knows what he's doing.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 01, 2015
Perception is everything. But Buhari doesn't care.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by Rotjijatau(m): 7:59am On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by christinie(f): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2015
No he doesn't. Things are getting harder in the country. They have been sharing money for three months, yet nothing to show for it.
kITATITA:

I bet you my dear, he knows what he's doing.
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by christinie(f): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2015
Am yet to see anyone as clueless as Buhari.
disloman:
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by christinie(f): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2015
Last night you slept on empty stomach...don't deny...I know...buhari has reduced you to suffering and smiling...I guess Fela was a prophet afterall...sorry for yourself moss.
modath:

&he is ruling over you & your people? undecided, your case is sorry!
Re: Buhari's Appointment: Olupohunda Has Said It All by hinwazaka: 8:42am On Sep 01, 2015
Heromaniaa:
These people don't get it yet. Nigerians are untrusting of one another. no ethnic group trusts the other. The essence of equal distribution of political positions is to create confidence in the government. It is to ensure that no one tribe places its heel on the head of another. it is to build trust and guarantee that the Igbos and Yorubas will not wake up one fateful morning to the nozzle of an AK 47 wielded by a northern soldier- screaming "Do you accept sharia or do you want death?"

You hit the nail right on the head. If as a Nigerian, you fail to realise the nature of the government composition on the psychology of Nigerians, then you are either a foreigner, stupid or a pathological-subconscious liar. The appointments should be reversed or the APC should get ready for its termination, period.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja worker are Mostly Run By Illiterate People or they need to go to school. / $50billion Oil Fraud: Diezani, Aluko, Aiteo, Sahara Energy, Omokore, Wagbatsoma / Jega Says That Elections In Rivers State Were Credible, Free And Fair Despite ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.