Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook (917 Views)

How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) / British Woman Duped Of £1.6m By Nigerian Fraudsters Via Online Dating Site (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook by NoRetreat(m): 5:49am On Sep 01, 2015
Policemen attached to Lagos State Police Command have arrested a young man, identified as Agubosin Ifeanyi Friday, for allegedly impersonating the former Lagos State Commissioner of police, Mr. Kayode Aderanti.
It was gathered that the suspect allegedly set up a false Facebook account in Aderanti’s name, where he allegedly defrauded unsuspecting policemen and members of the public.
Vanguard learned that the suspect allegedly posted a bank account on the Facebook account, urging policemen who wanted to get juicy posting to pay N30,000 and N50,000, while those seeking promotion were to pay much higher fees based on negotiation.
The Facebook page, according to a victim, also urged members of the public to part with money for petition signing and investigation of their cases.
It was learned that policemen fell for the fraud and paid the agreed money. However, the fraudulent deal was exposed when a policeman, who claimed he paid N30,000, went to report to the former police boss that he was yet to be posted.
Police investigation led to the arrest of the suspect through his bank details.
A policeman, who fell for the scam, said: “I thought it was an authentic Facebook page when I saw the CP Aderanti’s pictures on it. I did not know it was a scam.”
The suspect, a secon-dary school leaver, has been transferred to Force Headquarters, Abuja, for further investigation.
According to the suspects, “I am a secondary school leaver. I wrote the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, examination and I have written post-UME to gain admission into the university.
“I do not know anything about the Facebook account. It was my brother, a university under-graduate, that implicated me because the account he used is mine.
“It was after I was arrested that I got to know the crime he committed. He has been on the run since my arrest.” FROM VANGUARD
Re: Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook by joncom(m): 5:50am On Sep 01, 2015
Good
Re: Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook by christinie(f): 5:50am On Sep 01, 2015
So the Police officers paid that money as bribes?
Re: Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook by doublewisdom: 5:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Very smart policemen we have in Nigeria. No wonder they do a great job protecting us!

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook by NoRetreat(m): 6:05am On Sep 01, 2015
christinie:
So the Police officers paid that money as bribes?
Those officers should be arrested for Bribery and corruption
Re: Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook by Lanretoye(m): 8:11am On Sep 01, 2015
Tell us the names of the police men...if na citizens now una go mention their names.
Mr Arase its a shame on you if ur men involved are not sanctioned for bribery.
Re: Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook by christinie(f): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2015
NoRetreat:
Those officers should be arrested for Bribery and corruption
my point exactly.
Re: Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook by ogene3321: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Beter this boy gt sense collect them their money kudos to the boy

(1) (Reply)

ALART!!!! Students Kidnapped In Lagos School / Am I In Line People (read Chats Inside) (share Your Experience Too) / Countries With Most Suicide Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.