Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) (27772 Views)

EFCC Arrest Fraudster Who Built A Hotel After Duping A Lady Via Fake Dollar Scam / 3 Nigerian Students Arrested For Drug Peddling In Cyprus (photos) / Married Man Dupes Lady N450k After Fake Marriage Proposal (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by dre11(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2015
A lady, who was unwittingly recruited into drug trafficking by a fiancé she met on Facebook, residing in Malaysia, has been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA). The suspect, Gloria Ezeabata, was arrested during screening of passengers on an Ethiopian airline flight on her way to Malaysia at the departure hall.

Ezeabata, who works with an accounting firm in Lagos, admitted having a Facebook relationship that got her involved in drug trafficking. She said: “I met a man on Facebook some months ago who lives in Malaysia. He told me while chatting online that he is from my state, Anambra in South-East, Nigeria. After some months, he proposed marriage and I told him to come to Nigeria to meet my parents as our custom demands. He promised to fulfil every marriage rite. “Months later, he invited me to Malaysia, promising to pay all the travel expenses. After several appeals, I decided to visit him.

The day I was to travel, he told me to take along a bag of foodstuff sent by his mother from the village. I was given the bag at the airport but in the process of checking it in, drug was discovered inside packs of noodles in the bag and I was arrested.”

Substances that tested positive for methamphetamine weighing 1.325kg were detected in her luggage.

The drug was concealed in 26 packs of noodles in a bag of foodstuff containing plantain, pepper, melon and other spices.

Further investigation led to the arrest of one Mr. Philip Akpaka, 39, who allegedly coordinated the travel arrangement for Gloria and gave her the bag containing the drugs. NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Ahmadu Garba said that Gloria was arrested following the discovery of methamphetamine in her luggage.

Akpaka also admitted preparing the travel documents of Gloria on the request of his friend based in Malaysia. He said: “I’m a transporter. My friend in Malaysia asked me to prepare travel documents for Gloria. He also asked me to give a bag to Gloria to take to Malaysia.” Both suspects will soon be charged to court for conspiracy, unlawful possession and exportation of narcotic drugs.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/drug-peddling-baron-recruits-lady-via-facebook-marriage-proposal/

lalasticlala

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:34am On Dec 31, 2015
shocked
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by Erukumakanaki: 7:34am On Dec 31, 2015
See desperation on the ladies face. . . cry

and she was flying over to MALAYSIA?! Dafuq?!

Name Checkers association (NCA) Una doooh! angry

19 Likes

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by 20bc(m): 7:46am On Dec 31, 2015
This woman self, single atom of sense you nor get....

Haven't you heard of Facebook love turns sour as after visiting the boy at his place.....

That one nor reach your ear, because na Malaysia your clit stand, naso you carry bag day go...

I nor go blame you sha, the b!tches ain't getting younger.......

14 Likes

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by xpac01(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2015
20bc:
This woman self, single atom of sense you nor get....

Haven't you heard of Facebook love turns sour as after visiting the boy at his place.....

That one nor reach your ear, because na Malaysia your clit stand, naso you carry bag day go...

I nor go blame you sha, the b!tches ain't getting younger.......
My brother, have you been desparate before Check the woman's face guess her age then you'll have stop blaming her.

32 Likes

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by chronos: 8:01am On Dec 31, 2015
A
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by 20bc(m): 8:08am On Dec 31, 2015
xpac01:

My brother, have you been desparate before Check the woman's face guess her age then you'll have stop blaming her.

Read the last line of my previous comment.....
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by ijustdey: 10:34am On Dec 31, 2015
NDLEA arrests Facebook-recruited trafficker

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a 37-year-old woman, Uju Gloria Ezeabata, with 1.325kg of methamphetamine at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) in Ikeja, Lagos.
Ezeabata, who was recruited on facebook, was taking the drug to Malaysia. Drug trafficking carries death penalty in Malaysia.

She was lured into the business with a marriage proposal, NDLEA said.
The cartel’s suspected leader, Philip Maduabuchi Akpaka, 39, was also arrested.
NDLEA Lagos Airport Commander Ahmadu Garba said Ezeabata was arrested following the discovery of methamphetamine in her luggage.

Garba said: “Gloria was arrested during screening of passengers on an Ethiopian airline flight on her way to Malaysia at the departure hall. Substances that tested positive for methamphetamine weighing 1.325kg were detected in her luggage. The drug was concealed in 26 packs of Indomie noodles in a bag of foodstuff containing plantain, pepper, melon and other spices.

“Further investigation led to the arrest of Akpaka, who allegedly coordinated the travel arrangement for Gloria and gave her the bag containing the drugs”.
NDLEA Chairman/Chief Executive Mrs Roli Bode-George urged the public to be wary of drug cartels that have invaded facebook and other social media platforms to recruit drug mules.

Mrs Bode-George said: “Members of the public should be wary of these antics, ascertain a wholesome relationship and report suspicious cases to the agency. Some of the tricks to watch out for include marriage proposals to unsuspecting female victims, unsolicited generosity like cash and other gift items as well as offering all-expense paid trip to Asia, Europe, America and South Africa.

“The mode of recruitment is also instructive because of its mass appeal to youths. I expect lovers of social media to learn from this arrest.”
Ezeabata who works with an accounting firm in Lagos, admitted having a Facebook relationship that got her involved in drug trafficking.

She said: “I met a man on facebook some months ago who lives in Malaysia. He told me while chatting online that he is from my state, Anambra. After some months, he proposed to marry me and I requested that he comes to Nigeria to meet my parents as our custom demands. He promised to fulfil every marriage rite. Months later, he invited me to Malaysia, promising to pay all the travel expenses. After several appeals, I decided to visit him. The day I was to travel, he told me to take along a bag of foodstuff sent by his mother from the village. I was given the bag at the airport but in the process of checking it, drug was discovered inside packs of noodles in the bag and I was arrested.”

Akpaka admitted preparing Ezeabata’s travel papers at the instance of his Malaysia-based friend.

“I am a transporter. My friend in Malaysia asked me to prepare travel documents for Ezeabata. He also asked me to give her a bag to take to Malaysia,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ndlea-arrests-facebook-recruited-trafficker/

all these facebook love and roove

lalasticlala

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by Dandeson1(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2015
. If I call them drug addicts iPod of Biafra, one biafra mod will ban me, till 2079, ( people please check my profile and see injustice, I was banned from commenting till Feb / 7/ 2106, I mean who does that ).
anyways Biafra will forever be the land of the rising drug addicts...

I have said my own, oya zoo mod ban me, am waiting

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by vicostyles(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by looseweight: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2015
Ok
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by kolnel: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2015
Funny and pathetic
Lessons of life learnt in a hard way
Not good to be desperate
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by xender(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2015
end time drug baron
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by cruzita(f): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2015
see the man face like ukpakala.e be like say the woman dey desperate to settle down

1 Like

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by kliq(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2015
them them again

2 Likes

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by Aristotle96(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2015
kolnel:
Funny
Funnier grin
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by refiner(f): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2015
eeyaaa.....she was vewi desperate nd she fell into dis mess!!

1 Like

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by Luukasz(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2015
Marriage proposal on facebook. Women and their IQ at times i SMH.
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2015
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a 37-year-old woman, Uju Gloria Ezeabata

The cartel’s suspected leader, Philip Maduabuchi Akpaka

10 Likes

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by misspicy(f): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2015
Nothing like desperate here,it is very obvious that this lady is aware of the drugs,she is just playing the victim card,they are all accomplices to a drug trade and this is not their first time undecided
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by xender(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2015
I haf checked d name and state...

I feel good

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by cupidFlint(m): 11:31am On Dec 31, 2015
The ladies gat take great care is everything they do
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by cupidFlint(m): 11:31am On Dec 31, 2015
The ladies gat take great care in everything they do
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by vRendoh(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2015
tongue tongue
tHE bABE IS lucky she was not caught in Malaysia! The story for play reverse!

5 Likes

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by cupidFlint(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2015
xender:
I haf checked d name and state...

I feel good
Have your life been any better ever since you started this your name checking spree of a thing?

2 Likes

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by sukkot: 11:34am On Dec 31, 2015
hmmm just negodu
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by Kx: 11:34am On Dec 31, 2015
The story does not add up.

Like seriously the woman picked the bag and proceeded to check in without checking the supposed 'food" contents of the bag?

She needs to prove her innocence beyond this line because it looks like she would have at least been a conspirator all along.
On another note, she should thank God that she was caught on this side and not on the death bound malaysian side of the trip.

The lady looks well fed.
She was nt just desperate for a husband. Her real desperation was for obodo Oyibo husband. The new craze in town, no thanks to Nollywood artistes and radio OAPs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by lifestyle1(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2015
Sign
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2015
shocked
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by hakunajay(m): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2015
London Bridge (is falling down) *completing the inscriptions on his shirt...
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2015
chia girl
Re: Drug Peddling: Baron Recruits Lady Via Facebook Marriage Proposal (photo) by haywire1: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2015
The lady resembles Ishilovee grin grin grin grin

Neva judge me, I'm in a festive mood, drinks may change someone vision

#

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Grandma, Granddaughter With Cocaine; Fake Officer With Skunk / Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollar In Kenya, Claims He Wants To Use It For Movie / "Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.