Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet (16261 Views)

Retired Soldier Sets Self On Fire In Agege Lagos / ‘VIP’s Not VP’s House Targeted By Boko Haram’ - Presidency corrects / Recap On Pastor Kumuyi’s Powerful Prophesy About Nigeria In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by banom(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ LUCABRASI & KOBOJUNKIE

Let me give you a very nice causional business information you should take to your CRIMINAL Daddy G .O,

Truely, many nigerians are fools, gullibles, brainwahed, afraid, inexposed and just call it any thing worthless, but not all Nigerians, there are many smart and even smarter than Adeboye that still exist in Nigeria, So any time he is trowing his dice of criminal act, he should take causion and do his assignment well, cos he doesn't know whom it will hit,.

Tell him to always consider the information above, or else he will keep commiting criminal blunders.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by KollyJay(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2009
Some pple here cant just get the simple truth. Whatz d big deal in getting a jet for Daddy G.O? U guys re full of grammers and have read all the books, but never came to simple common sense. If u have the money, why wont u buy a Jet, while waiting all the time in the airports and inside some crappy old aircrafts that re running up and down today?

In America, there is even a Nigerian that has his own private Jet. His name is Philip, that mathematician man in DC. He gets in and fly off and no one give two potatoes, why is our mentality so poor here?

Now, for your information, maybe i will make it simplier: Jets re made for human beings and not angels!

I use to wonder why Daddy G.O is still flying in the public airlines considering his schedule and nature of His work, not because he is a man of God or respected one, but simply for the nature of his work! Branches of the church everywhere, need for crusades and Holy Ghost services. Left to me, a Jet supposed to have been bought in His name or the name of the Church since something around year 2000!

So u guys shld plz grow up in your thinking. They re talking about economic meltdown, melt down ko, grwoing up ni. U even forgotten that when pple re casting down, that is when u shld begin to lift up if u re true child of God!, Read your bible and take the word as it is written!

Let me ask u a simple questions. Those our politicians,  why do u think none of them has a Jet since they got the money? Its cos they have stolen from us and re afraid of the steps that will be taken against them if they ever do so. So, why wont i buy a Jet for Daddy G.O. if I have the money.

As for me, u guys re just beginning to talk cos, more Jets ll even coming cos God ll bless his pple this year. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seek the KINGDOM  of God and its  RIGHTEOUSNESS and all these things shall be added unto u, even including Jet if u need one and your work demands it. I know some of u will print this out and find something crappy to say about it but i dont really care.

Am out of here.

And my advice, plz try to becareful with your use of words, uhm, a word is enough for the wise oooooooo,

Jeje lomo eko nlo.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2009
@banom, I think in some way you have convinced yourself that you post above is somehow an intelligent one, but may I suggest you work more on yourself and your presentation, and focus less on how private money is spent by non-public organizations? I think just focusing on that will help you with future posts on here.

The smart Nigerians you speak of know that people like Adeboye, who work with money they get from private pockets (regardless of how those private pockets get their funding), are the least of Nigeria’s problems. I am not sure if it is the case that you have convinced yourself that by insulting private citizens who are not even civil servants, you somehow do service to Nigeria, but I suggest you please pick a worthy battle to fight rather than continue with your ramblings on here and thinking it makes sense in some way. So what if you have something against the man? Who is he? He is just a pastor, and should answer to those who continue to fund his causes, not the Nigerian people. The people that you ought to demand they answer to us, since we elected them into office are out there. Why are you not attacking those and demanding they answer for their crimes against us?

Please, ignore my posts on here if you are going to continue with these childish ramblings of yours. If you do not like the fact that I do not see the world the way you do, please choose to completely ignore me, cause I actually think your mind a disgusting pile at this point, but then I am allowed to think of you the way I want!!!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by banom(m): 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@banom, I think in some way you have convinced yourself that you post above is somehow an intelligent one, but may I suggest you work more on yourself and your presentation, and focus less on how private money is spent by non-public organizations? I think just focusing on that will help you with future posts on here.

@Kobojunkie,

I am not suprised the way you always defend this criminal called Pastor adeboye and his criminal acts, who knows he may have employed you to always be online and be defending him,

One thing about online discussion is that, you dont know personaly whom you are discussing with, as far as i have known, have seeing, have heard, have experienced and have even commited one or two things both within and outside Nigeria,
I am too sure to tell you that all those gangstars you see on TV preaching the word of God are nothing but what i call holy criminals, they are all after money, fame, eartly power and influence and they can go any length to grab it, 

and when it comes to that in Nigeria, pastor Adeboye is the current  AL CAPONE.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2009
sure!! just the sort of response I expected from someone like you, oh boy !! I guess I have to wait for something new meaningful to come in the far future!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by netotse(m): 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2009
@kobojunkie
abeg dont argue with the guy. . . the topic is not worth arguing over(if the G.O. himself was here he wouldnt argue and in the same vein i dont think he would appreciate u arguing on his behalf)
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by banom(m): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

sure!! just the sort of response I expected from someone like you, oh boy !! I guess I have to wait for something new meaningful to come in the far future!

Sure you have to wait for more persons who see clearer like my humble self to say the truth so that you will continue defending your Dubious Pastor Adeboye.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by AloyEmeka9: 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2009
@Kobojunkie,

I am not suprised the way you always defend this criminal called Pastor adeboye and his criminal acts, who knows he may have employed you to always be online and be defending him,

One thing about online discussion is that, you dont know personaly whom you are discussing with, as far as i have known, have seeing, have heard, have experienced and have even commited one or two things both within and outside Nigeria,
I am too sure to tell you that all those gangstars you see on TV preaching the word of God are nothing but what i call holy criminals, they are all after money, fame, eartly power and influence and they can go any length to grab it,

and when it comes to that in Nigeria, pastor Adeboye is the current AL CAPONE.
Guy, you are just out to tarnish this man's image by all means even when the evidence at hand is overwhelming. Who cares whether he bought a jet or not?. Did he use your money or tax payers money to buy it?. If private citizens purchase a jet for him, how is that your damn business?.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The smart Nigerians you speak of know that people like Adeboye, who work with money they get from private pockets (regardless of how those private pockets get their funding), are the least of Nigeria’s problems. I am not sure if it is the case that you have convinced yourself that by insulting private citizens who are not even civil servants, you somehow do service to Nigeria, but I suggest you please pick a worthy battle to fight rather than continue with your ramblings on here and thinking it makes sense in some way. So what if you have something against the man? Who is he? He is just a pastor, and should answer to those who continue to fund his causes, not the Nigerian people. The people that you ought to demand they answer to us, since we elected them into office are out there. Why are you not attacking those and demanding they answer for their crimes against us?

Please, ignore my posts on here if you are going to continue with these childish ramblings of yours. If you do not like the fact that I do not see the world the way you do, please choose to completely ignore me, cause I actually think your mind a disgusting pile at this point, but then I am allowed to think of you the way I want!!!

good day miss kobojunkie,

the last time i checked the names of the the guys who purchased the jet were withheld. how did you arrive at the bolded bit
the reason i ask is because ive seen a couple of your posts where you lambaste and lampoon people for spending money that neither you nor I can verify the source. i'll hate to call this hypocrisy but like one of my good friends (bill o'reilly) what say you
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by qblaze(m): 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2009
I've never liked Adeboye and I feel that beyond that gentle mien is a hypocrite who doesn't practise what he preaches. I'm happy that he's bought a plane because so many celebrities and dignitaries have perished in small planes. The list is endless:

Payne Stewart, Championship golfer
JFK Jr: American Icon
Aaliyah: Recording Artiste
Bruce Gibson: Chelsea Executive Director
John Walton: Wal-Mart Heir
Steve Fossett: Explorer

I think the two-faced "Daddy G.O" will go down in flames. Nice way to go out, huh?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2009
qblaze:

I've never liked Adeboye and I feel that beyond that gentle mien is a hypocrite who doesn't practise what he preaches. I'm happy that he's bought a plane because so many celebrities and dignitaries have perished in small planes. The list is endless:

I think the two-faced "Daddy G.O" will go down in flames. Nice way to go out, huh?

you are O.Y.O
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by AloyEmeka9: 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2009

It's not as if it matters whether you like him or not. It's not as if he cares you don't like him. Geez, why do people think that somebody will care so much because they are not loved?. Adeboye is loved by more people than you can ever imagine in your lifetime, why should he be concerned with a lone hater? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

It's not as if it matters whether you like him or not. It's not as if he cares you don't like him. Geez, why do people think that somebody will care so much because they are not loved?. Adeboye is loved by more people than you can ever imagine in your lifetime, why should he be concerned with a lone hater? undecided undecided undecided

you got proof homie?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2009
@OmoIbo,

good day miss kobojunkie,

the last time i checked the names of the the guys who purchased the jet were withheld. how did you arrive at  the bolded bit
Well, regardless of whether names were withheld or not, be it church money that was spent or money put together by the 5 noted investors( possibly non-public officers), it is still private money. I mean you do know that a non-profit business is not PUBLIC business.

the reason i ask is because ive seen a couple of your posts where you lambaste and lampoon people for spending money that neither you nor I can verify the source.
Well, here is the deal. If you are a civil servant spending money that does not belong to you, of course I will speak out against such. Spending public money is akin to spending my money, and I have serious issues with that. I will ask you to name one or two of those and state the position held by the ones you choose to mention.

i'll hate to call this hypocrisy but like one of my good friends (bill o'reilly) what say you

If you can call it hypocrisy and have proof of this, feel free!! But I do urge that you be sure you have proof to support such claim, and I wait to see the proof.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by qblaze(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2009
I don't understand how supposedly smart people can give their money to hucksters like Adeboye, Oyakhilome and Oyedepo in the name of religion. Are Black people so dumb? Research has shown that there's an inverse relationship between a country's religious zeal and its development.

Imagine this scenario in a Pentecostal church. "Oh, the Lord says that there is a woman here who is looking for the fruit of the womb," says Daddy Adeboye. Fifty women come out and rush to the altar. Nobody asks what went wrong. Did the G.O get it wrong or are the members fibbing? If the members are fibbing, why can't the powerful G.O use his God-given powers and expose the 49 liars.

But the show goes on and the dumb trick succeeds. Adeboye is a master of the con game. The best con is the one who suckers you into thinking he's the good guy. As P.T Barnum said, "A sucker is born every minute."
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by qblaze(m): 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2009
Do you RCCG adherents actually believe that Adeboye doesn't get his groove on? Or stroke his salami when no one is watching. The guy's a hypocrite just like Jimmy Swaggart and the rest of them.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2009
miss kobojunkie,

now i have problem with your post. the problem is, you seem so sure that these faceless and namesless investors have their own multinational businesses and and are not public servants.
why are you defending these people? or do you know them?

i haven't called it hypocrisy or anything else but you are not helping matters with your responses
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by tpia: 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2009
miss kobojunkie,

now i have problem with your post. the problem is, you seem so sure that these faceless investors have their own multinational businesses and and are not public servants.

Hhhmm!!! You have yet to answer any of my own questions, but I have more to ask you.
So where do you get that I AM SURE the faceless investors have their own multinational business, and are not public servants? For all I know, they could be NIDs who came home with money from 419 deals from other countries or even home grown millionaires, or just civil servants who have on the side businesses and his happens to be one of them. Not sure how you or anyone can claim to know of these men when you point out that we do not have names to fit and so we can only speculate at this point.

why are you defending these people? or do you know them?

Interesting!! So I have to outrightly state that purchasing a Jet is wrong or be accused of defending them?

Not sure what you mean when you say I am defending these people. I am simply stating the fact here which is that private money can be spent as the private chooses and it is not the place of the public to decide how it ought to be spent. Just as you have the KKK spending money on KKK business, without care in the world of what the public thinks, you have churches and non-profits spending their private donations the way they choose without the public being consulted. If you cannot see why that is the case, then I really cannot help you.

i haven't called it hypocrisy or anything else but you are not helping matters with your responses

I am not here to help your chosen delusion. I am just here to state that you, as a member of the public have no power and no say when it comes to how a private entity spends its money. It is up to shareholders and not the public. I am personally not a shareholder in this organization as I do not make donations and even I know that I have limited say as a result.
With the new revelations, I am not sure how anyone intends to blame the pastor, or the church, for the purchase, or the choice of these 5 anonymous persons. If the pastor however did make the purchase with church money, then it is up to the church to decide if it is a worthy investment or not. The public has absolutely no say.

You try going up to a court with the complaint you have made here and see how it goes!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by qblaze(m): 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2009
Every religious leader eventually succumbs to the Dark Side, my apologies to Anakin Skywalker and Darth Sidious. Even the Catholic popes were guilty of raping nuns and burying aborted foetuses on the Vatican's grounds. This damage control exercise by RCCG's spinmeisters will not fool anybody. It's time for our feeble government to force these religious banks to start paying their taxes. At least that will bring about some sanity.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
Kobojunkie,
now you are being plain difficult. im sure you know exactly what you are playing at.

Hhhmm!!! You have yet to answer any of my own questions, but I have more to ask you.
So where do you get that I AM SURE the faceless investors have their own multinational business, and are not public servants? For all I know, they could be NIDs who came home with money from 419 deals from other countries or even home grown millionaires, or just civil servants who have on the side businesses and his happens to be one of them. Not sure how you or anyone can claim to know of these men when you point out that we do not have names to fit and so we can only speculate at this point.

i couldnt help but use that phrase (I AM SURE) as your posts and reponses on this subject matter has been in support of these guys. now, dont me wrong. i have have not said anything about their wealth and rightly so as i am clueless in that regards.

but may I suggest you work more on yourself and your presentation, and focus less on how private money is spent by non-public organizations?

Well, regardless of whether names were withheld or not, be it church money that was spent or money put together by the 5 noted investors( possibly non-public officers), it is still private money. I mean you do know that a non-profit business is not PUBLIC business.

now, the issue i have with your posts is based on comments such as the ones i have copied pasted above. if you are honest you'd agfree with me that they do not in any way suggest that you have doubts about their the wealth
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by fegflu: 7:50pm On Apr 02, 2009
I dont trust Nduka Obeageana Newspaper. The paper is enaging in image management for the respectable pastor,after it has helped to damage his image. Who is the fool.
The information in the paper was correct-  the paper is just trying to exenorate itself from the damage it has caused the man of God. That is how journalist does everywhere in the world. They can make u and destroy u.
So thisday keep your apology to your self. Nigerians are more intelligent now.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2009
Kobojunkie,
now you are being plain difficult. im sure you know exactly what you are playing at.

If you are playing a game, then fine for you but don’t assume I am not serious when I ask you direct questions as the ones I have so far. I do hope you get around to answering them too. 

i couldnt help but use that phrase (I AM SURE) as your posts and reponses on this subject matter has been in support of these guys.

Did you even bother reading the response posted? The line where you pulled those words (I AM SURE) was actually a question to you. Did you miss all that just so you could pull those out to go on with?

now, dont me wrong. i have have not said anything about their wealth and rightly so as i am clueless in that regards.

If you really are cluesless as you claim then why do you find it hard answering my questions to you? So far, you have made some really ridiculous claims on my stance on the issue but have yet to prove any evidence to support these claims, yet you expect me to believe that you are somehow neutral? Come on!!! Who do you think you are talking to, a 4 year old from Zimbabwe? Lol

but may I suggest you work more on yourself and your presentation, and focus less on how private money is spent by non-public organizations?

now, the issue i have with your posts is based on comments such as the ones i have copied pasted above. if you are honest you'd agfree with me that they do not in any way suggest that you have doubts about their the wealth

I am being honest when I say I cannot agree with you in that I am having a seriously hard time connecting your claims to the statements in bold.

@Banom, happens to have a thing against Adeboye himself. He rants on about how Adeboye spends church money (which is NOT PUBLIC MONEY). How can I honestly agree with you when it is fact that CHURCH money is not PUBLIC money?

In the second, the article DOES NOT in any way state that these men are spending PUBLIC MONEY in their venture. It goes ahead to state that NO KOBO of the money spent is from the church (again NO PUBLIC MONEY and NO CHURCH MONEY), what possible assumption can I make at this point based on the little YOU AND I know of the 5 anonymous investors at this point? How can I honestly agree with you when the article clearly does not link them to PUBLIC MONEY OR CHURCH MONEY? They are getting a loan to cover 70% of the cost of the machine (NO PUBLIC MONEY MENTIONED). What other option could there be left to link them to, with the much known so far?

When this same paper printed the initial article, people said it was 100% factual, now the same paper has chosen to print a retraction and suddenly the paper is not to be trusted? Does this not cause you all to think twice about yourselves and the way you ingest news from Nigeria? Gosh!!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by akinalabi(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2009
For once, I'm on Kobo's side.

We at times analyze church money like its a Federal allocation.

Why must "we" be told who those 5 people are. They could
be anybody. If the church comes out and name 5 people, the
next thing we will be saying is those 5 people should declare
their assets. . . Like its our business.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2009
guess what kobojunkie,
lets allow this. i dont think you and i will see eye to eye on this issue
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by asha80(m): 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2009
That is why aetheism is supreme cool
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2009
supreme in what way?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by asha80(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2009
No time for all these my pastor is right or wrong or misinterpretation of bible or koran.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2009
Not all people who believe in God have time for that. I happen to be a born again Christian myself and I am not really affected much by what the pastor decides to believe or not believe. Just as you have atheists who base their ideas of non-belief in God on some external factors, there are also those who believe in God who base their belief on external things such as the pastors belief system, how he chooses to wear his hair, or how much his coats cost, or even what those around them say or how they interpret the bible/quran.

This really has little to do with the belief and more to do with people and their insecurity. We have insecure persons out there no matter what the belief system; there are those who live on going on and on about others while there are those who pick their priorities carefully. Nothing to do with belief system.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by lucabrasi(m): 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2009
@banom
im really sorry for your loss, its obvious you r beyond redemption
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by bawomolo(m): 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2009
qblaze:

Do you RCCG adherents actually believe that Adeboye doesn't get his groove on? Or stroke his salami when no one is watching. The guy's a hypocrite just like Jimmy Swaggart and the rest of them.

he he, free round trips to Cancun for Daddy grin
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by romeo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2009
We need the names of those 5 people!! Could be those criminals ruling us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Labaran Maku Emerges As New APGA National Secretary At Party Convention / Presidency Secretly Strips Health Ministry Of Procurement Powers / Umahi To Osinbajo: South-East Governors Will Soon Unveil Security Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.