Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet (16224 Views)

Retired Soldier Sets Self On Fire In Agege Lagos / ‘VIP’s Not VP’s House Targeted By Boko Haram’ - Presidency corrects / Recap On Pastor Kumuyi’s Powerful Prophesy About Nigeria In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by 9child(f): 2:24am On Apr 04, 2009
dayokanu, mind wat u say now or don't ask why when tins bein to go wrong for u. u can bet me on dis. fool!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Becomrrich: 2:34am On Apr 04, 2009
Now where did thisday get the second story from. How are we sure thisday is not telling a lie to cover up.

And why would 5 members now buy a plane for pastor adeboye when really , i saw a post that redeemed want to buy a plane before. which many disagreed. Something is wrong with this second story.

And the church should get out of thing that would bring disgrace to the name of God.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by debosky(m): 2:38am On Apr 04, 2009
Did you question the source of the first story? When it is appearing to exonerate the man, you are questioning the source.

As far as I know, no credible news organisation will recant a story without clear evidence of error in the initial post. As is clearly stated in the story, there is an element of confidentiality in this story, rendering the source of the information confidential.

The church as a whole cannot avoid controversy completely. People with pre-determined motives will always invent stories that support their ideas with minimal evidence.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Becomrrich: 4:06am On Apr 04, 2009
i did not have to, because i already read that they had plan to do so, even when people kicked against it.

You see, i have the second story funny. so five people would call themself up and think about it. i find it funny. Nduka can also perform miracle you know. i know so. i know what Nduka is capable of. it is better for redeemed to tell the world the truth.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 4:27am On Apr 04, 2009
@BECOMERICH, your response makes absolutely no sense at all. So you have never heard of a business partnership?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by comfort3: 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2009
Adeboye is a thief. lipsrsealed
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by redsun(m): 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2009
But what work does pastors do that really require a private jet? that is polluting and destroying the environment while keeping believers in perpetual bondage and frisking them of their mind,body and soul,same old shit but different days and events.

Everybody is as capable as the other,we are all chosen.If you want to be a christian or moslem,be the preacher or the iman.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by comfort3: 6:14pm On Apr 04, 2009
a thief. lipsrsealed
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by alfchye(m): 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2009
THIS ONE IS A LIE.why did they show the name of the airline that will be running this aircraft.They have started using government with the our criminals.Na they want to correct nonense.Well they can  change everything just as Ibori cases was change over night.
 I know this man bought this jet by himself.He  is alleged to be owing the Nigeria government $117billion dollars or more for tax Avoidance or what did they call it.Why would he do such a thing.
 They should save us this lies.1.BILLION NAIRA  and 2.4billion naiar what is the difference is it not  billion.
 why would  they withheld the names of the purported buyers, is there no any other good business to run other than buying only one private jet.
 We have nobody investing on agriculture today why didn't they venture their and how do they choose to make gain by running only one airplane for 15 people.
 This people and the  pastor are sack of shit and they deserve worst than death if I may say.
 They can only blind fold their members and not  ourself.
 I believe that are 101% lying why would a New Generation bank give a loan of $7million dollars for just one airplane, what kind of business idea is that.
  there is no new generation bank that will give such loan and let them tell us the masses maybe we will get loan for that particular bank.Afterall we have  acres of land  in our village which we will readily give to this bank as collateral.
 Please tell those news agency that they need to be wipe for not giving us the correct data.
  In 2005 Femi Otedola had problem with SKYPE bank for refusing to giving his company ZEnon  a loan for 250million naira, when he was out of the country and they needed the money urgently.The guy came bank and took all his money from the bank.The bank later begged him.
 So which bank will give a group of individual as much as $7million dollars to purchase a single Jet for only  15people.Maybe the bank will continue giving them loan for the maintenance, Because I wonder  how to will manage to gain with only one Private jet and  at this economy crunch as they will say.
Let us keep watching and there are still more to come.Chris Oyahkilome is still having problems in South Africa.
   ONE DAY BAD BREEZE GO BLOW AND FOUL NYASH GO OPEN.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by MrCrackles(m): 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2009
redsun:

But what work does pastors do that really require a private jet? that is polluting and destroying the environment while keeping believers in perpetual bondage and frisking them of their mind,body and soul,same old shit but different days and events.

Everybody is as capable as the other,we are all chosen.If you want to be a christian or moslem,be the preacher or the iman.

Spot on! cheesy
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by comfort3: 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2009
Adebayo is  ibori right hand man. shocked
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by soloqy: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2009
@ comfort

You cant even get the name right.

I understand those who have divergent views and who are suspicous of the Church's intentions but the little i can deduce from your posts show that you are just a retard.

Your indecency runs so deep that you feel that because you are on a faceless forum, it gives you the licence to speak with such callousness and debauchery.

People like you are the specimen of what Nations and Fathers pray and hope their offspring dont become.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by debostar(m): 10:24pm On Apr 04, 2009
It is so unfortunate  that some people can be wasting their time discussing things that are not worthy of discussing.Is this the first time that a man of God is buying or using a jet in Nigeria.Are you not aware that Bishop Oyedepo has been riding a private jet long  before now.What is the big deal about buying a jet for a man of God that is mightily used by God and has touched the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.No amount of money is too much to spend for the propagation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.I believe that  the man Pastor Adeboye has been used by God to save so many lost souls.Even if it cost miilions of Dollars to save  lost souls ,God almighty will be happy and angels in heaven will be rejoicing.You better stop making mountain out of a molehill.If you do not have better things to discuss ,do not make PASTOR ADEBOYE AN OBJECT OF RIDICULE.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Em2va: 11:04pm On Apr 04, 2009
May God have mercy on all that have said nonsense
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by dayokanu(m): 4:37am On Apr 05, 2009
GOat Pastor Eunuch is a Big thief.

If these 5 so called people actually stole public money does it concern AdeJALE?.

Evidence? Innocent until proven Guilty? Did you people use this for Abacha, IBB and other people who stole Money?

When there was no OBJ to give the money to AdeJALE, GOat turned to 5 unidentified People to buy him a Jet.

How convenient? Even all IBB and Abacha's unproven wealth were donations from 5 unidentified money bag friends.

Did Jesus take money from the corrupt tax collector? Did he ask him to buy him a jet to go to heaven?

AdeJALE wants a direct flight to heaven where he can meet God directly to take predictions and give prayer requests
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Jakumo(m): 5:49am On Apr 05, 2009
dayokanu:

GOat Pastor Eunuch is a Big thief.

If these 5 so called people actually stole public money does it concern AdeJALE?.

Evidence? Innocent until proven Guilty? Did you people use this for Abacha, IBB and other people who stole Money?

When there was no OBJ to give the money to AdeJALE, GOat turned to 5 unidentified People to buy him a Jet.

How convenient? Even all IBB and Abacha's unproven wealth were donations from 5 unidentified money bag friends.

Did Jesus take money from the corrupt tax collector? Did he ask him to buy him a jet to go to heaven?

AdeJALE wants a direct flight to heaven where he can meet God directly to take predictions and give prayer requests

It is truly entertaining to observe those who now shriek triumphantly that Pastor Eunuch ONLY spent TEN million US dollars to buy his heaven-mobile, rather than the 28 million dollars initially reported as the price of his new private jet.  Regardless of how much was spent on that aircraft, and of how much WILL be spent on its maintenance and pilot salaries, a large percentage of the money being used comes from LAUNDERED cash that was donated to Pastor Eunuch by corrupt politicians such as Nigeria's ex-Looter in Chief, Obasanjo, who single-handedly stole 16 BILLION US dollars from the electricity generation budget, which is more than enough to purchase numerous Gulfstream jets, with serious change to spare.

To those still peering over their reading glasses to demand proof that Adeboye feeds on stolen money, the proof is in that fraudster's LIFESTYLE, and in his material acquisitions, of which his new jet is just one example.  Behold the stadium-sized twin hilltop villas that were constructed overlooking the hamlet of Minna in northern Nigeria, by former military dictators Babangida and Abubakar, and the sheer scale of embezzlement perpetrated by Nigeria's conveyor-belt of presidential kleptomaniacs will become a bit easier to fathom.

Adeboye is the obese Chihuahua in a pastor's dog-collar, crouched under the dining-table of Nigeria's most prolific treasury plunderers, gobbling feverishly till the swag oozes out of his furry ears, but pausing every so often to ululate and bark out another bogus message or two from God, along with more demands for cash from his captive audience of the hypnotised poor and the illegally rich, while furiously wagging his little tail with glee over the traffic accident fatalities caused on the Lagos Expressway by his cult victim's swarming cars every month.

Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2009
Funny how nigerians have turned their pastors into "gods" that cannot be questioned irrespective of the shady deals of these pastors.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2009
This particular issue has little to do with questioning the pastors but more to do with understanding who these pastors answer to. It is rather simplistic to believe that everyone who has access to any sum we consider large is answerable to us, the public, when it is not the case.

Attacking private citizens when we have no proof to offer is utterly ridiculous behavior in any country, including Nigeria. SO what is these pastors con money from the pockets of private citizens legally? So what if Mr. A WILLINGLY continues to give to the KKK? Why should the KKK answer to the PUBLIC for the way they choose to invest Mr. A’s money? I mean we ought to start understanding what we are potentially letting loose by this new move. If we decide to make ourselves judge and jury on how private organizations can spend or not spend donations, then we cross over in to a place where we may, as individuals have to answer how we choose we spend, every kobo we own, to all those around us.
This pastor is being attacked by members of the public (not actual donors) for spending the money donated to his organization by his parishioners, as he chooses. The donors are not complaining, neither are the authorities who are supposed to regulate church spending and what not, but the public have taken it on themselves to complain and wail about it. This is akin to the public complaining about corporations purchasing private jets, when these corporations have never received public funding.
Imagine @Nuzo, you save up money and moved back to Nigeria to start a limo business. Would you think people sane if they came at you claiming you stole the money from the Nigerian people then? Would you? I think we are becoming too paranoid for our own selves that we now see fit to attack private citizens, when we have almost 5 million public officials out there that are potentially stealing from us daily, with no consequence to date.
The article above mentions 5 men, no name, nothing else about them but how much was invested and how much of the money invested came from loans. The 5 are immediately labeled already thieves by some, just like that, with no proof and no information on them given.
@Dayokanu, yes there are tons of evidence to support the claims against Abacha, IBB and co. I don’t understand how suddenly there is no evidence to try those men here. You mean you missed the many trials against the Abacha family, after the man’s death? Nigeria is still waiting for IBB’s court date; OBJ is being scrutinized as we speak and hopefully, we will be able to add 2 and 2 to understand how much he actually spent during his time in office and where the rest went. Please read to catch up on this in your spare time.
Now when it comes to this particular man, the EFCC has yet to raise a case against him ( here is guessing the EFCC also works on the books of non-profits), the people who donate to his cause are not complaining and there is no case against him stealing public money. So, yes, until we have evidence, we can only assume him INNOCENT. As for the 5 men mentioned, I do have to ask, is it that even with no names mentioned, you assume them thieves? Why? Is it because you believe no 5 private citizens could ever be worth that much without stealing from the lot? Is it because you believe no 5 civil servants in that country could ever have that kind of money without dipping their hands in the public pot? Or Is it because you are paranoid enough to believe that every single Nigerian is a thief and all money owned by Nigerians is, one way or another, stolen? What exactly is your reasoning on this? I would like to know.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Apr 05, 2009
nuzo:

I hope this particular issue of Adeboye, 5 faceless beings and jet will fade away soon, cos we cant afford to have you commenting like tpia. Though unlike tpia who constantly defend the corrupt nigerian establishment, you are defending a man whose transparency could go along way into correcting the ills tearing nigeria down. Not that he owes it to anybody anyway.
I am not defending this man, I am defending the RIGHT of individual Nigerians to invest their hard earned money wherever they choose to; I am defending the right of PRIVATE entities to withhold their financial documents as they see fit from mere members of the public. Show me what Law this defense breaks, then I will accept that you have a point made up there.
DO you have any proof to show that this man is not transparent? I have stated earlier that EFCC has no charge working against him as we speak ( Check their website for details); Church shareholders ( people who actually contributes towards the causes of the church) are yet to submit claims that he is not transparent or that they do not know what is going on. So, where do you get the information that his books are not open to those it ought to be open to? Or do you expect him to take out a full page in the Newspapers to detail all the money the organization has and where it is coming from, for you to say the organization is transparent in its dealings with YOU?
This issue is not just about this church but about us understanding the line that exists between what we can expect from PRIVATE organizations and what we can from PUBLIC/GOVERNMENTAL organizations, the same problem I see here in the US now.
nuzo:

Having said that, I dont think critiques are serious or concerned about adeboye stealing money but how 5 persons were able to raise such amount of money for a business like that in collaboration with a respected man like Adeboye without being transparent?
Where did you get the above from? THISDAY newspaper printed the news; the church itself has yet to print any statements on the matter. I mean THISDAY lists that 5 business men who just happen to be members of the church paid 30% out of pocket and 70% coming from loans. Are you saying that NO FIVE business men in Nigeria today can come up with the sum of money in question? Are you saying that any Pastor who receives free rides from business men is automatically a thief? Is that the reasoning you are offering me now?
nuzo:

Adeboye have always preached about humility, kindness and transparency but all seem to be lacking in this saga.
What saga? Now I have to ask, what in the world are you going on about?

nuzo:

So, in the interest of all those good virtues he always preached which transparency was one of them, in the interest of the church which is being accusing of corruption and has come under the close rader, in the interest of nigerian redemption from lack of transparency in all nigerian institutions; pastor Adeboye would go along way into righting the wrongs of the society if he encouraged his  5 faceless friends to make their selves and source of such huge amount of money known to the public.

Adeboye is not society; it is NOT HIS PLACE TO RIGHT THE WRONGS IN NIGERIA. He is a just a frelling pastor. There is no PROOF so far that he is not transparent, so your suggestion that he is not is yet to be proven. So, why make the claims above?

I guess I just see people taking out there anger in the wrong way and wonder where this will end. Slander is still illegal, even though we comfortably live with it in Nigeria. The two articles where printed by THISDAY newspaper and not by the church. ThisDay apparently saw need to print a retraction but did not mention anywhere that it was at the behest of the church. The 5 anonymous business men were never stated to have some government connection of any sort. So the conclusion that Adeboye and the 5 men are all thieves is just too ludicrous a conclusion, in my opinion, for a sane mind to reach with the limited information we have on the case at this time.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2009
@Dayokanu, yes there are tons of evidence to support the claims against Abacha, IBB and co. I don’t understand how suddenly there is no evidence to try those men here. You mean you missed the many trials against the Abacha family, after the man’s death? Nigeria is still waiting for IBB’s court date; OBJ is being scrutinized as we speak and hopefully, we will be able to add 2 and 2 to understand how much he actually spent during his time in office and where the rest went. Please read to catch up on this in your spare time.
Now when it comes to this particular man, the EFCC has yet to raise a case against him ( here is guessing the EFCC also works on the books of non-profits), the people who donate to his cause are not complaining and there is no case against him stealing public money. So, yes, until we have evidence, we can only assume him INNOCENT. As for the 5 men mentioned, I do have to ask, is it that even with no names mentioned, you assume them thieves? Why? Is it because you believe no 5 private citizens could ever be worth that much without stealing from the lot? Is it because you believe no 5 civil servants in that country could ever have that kind of money without dipping their hands in the public pot? Or Is it because you are paranoid enough to believe that every single Nigerian is a thief and all money owned by Nigerians is, one way or another, stolen? What exactly is your reasoning on this? I would like to know.

Evidence count for nothing if the were not convicted in an appropriate court of law. IBB , Abacha and OBJ should still be Innocent until proven guilty Just like Eunuch Adeboye. So anyone who have called or insinuated directly or indirectly that IBB, Abacha and other politicians are thieves
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2009
dayokanu:

Evidence count for nothing if the were not convicted in an appropriate court of law. IBB , Abacha and OBJ should still be Innocent until proven guilty Just like Eunuch Adeboye. So anyone who have called or insinuated directly or indirectly that IBB, Abacha and other politicians are thieves
Evidence now counts for nothing? Great!! Sort of like the O.J Simpson is INNOCENT because he was not convicted argument? Give me a break!! Evidence means everything. Just because they have yet to be convicted, or where not for one reason or another, does not mean the evidence lied. Evidence shows one thing, conviction is another completely different thing. There are so many cases that are thrown out of court for one reason or another, does not in any way remove guilt. 

It is possible for a woman to kill her husband and walk away free after it all, even if she was caught red handed and confessed to it.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by DisGuy: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2009
Nigerian churches are so powerful they can force newspapers to withdraw their reports! cool
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Becomrrich: 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2009
which unsettle score, do you have against the redeem church in canada. i said ,which unsettle score please tell me.  i resigned because of lack of transparency on issue. Is that an unseettle score. This is the problem with nigeria and nigerian. Or did they tell you I have unsettle score with them??  Look I do not decieve people, and when i notice you do or you scam  people. O ti gbe in ma hand.

I do not believe in monkey dey work babaoo they chop.
if you know me, I tell people the truth, even if tomorrow, you would not talk to me. I dont care. I say it loud and the redeemed just ordain anybody. even if the person is 410. There are people who are pastors within the redeemed who should not even be usher. God have a standard for leadership and the redeemed  church  either in Nigeria, USA , canada or kalakuta is not following Gods standard. Generally most Nigeria churches apart from redeemed is also the same. falling standard of Gods word.

You better go and find out about me. I even use to says it to thier face. They need to come back to God and God standard and not thier standard.

God is about been transparent, I am saying bolding before the whole world. if I don chop anybody money before, can that person post it. When i say people lack integrity, I mean it. Look I give it hard to Oga yar adua, who do you think I can not give it too. Only God is the person I can not talk to. God does not respect man. God does not respect pastor adeboye ke. If you do wrong either redeemed canada, or Pastor adeboye or pastor ajalekoko or pastor Lagbaja, I would give it hard to you. I am only accountable to God and not a man.

The bible says why should i fear what can only kill the body but cant kill the soul. Or do you think I am scared of SSS. If I am I would not be posting the truth about the satellite pictures of Nigeria. I know they can arrest ke for speaking the truth. is it not nigeria, where the innocent suffer.

If the church can not be transparent, then why would anyone expect yar adua an unbel to be. Can any pastor now face IBB and ask him where he got the money he used to buy his private jet.  Can the kettle call the pot black what then is the different between IBB and pastors. tell me. I want to know.

If the redeemed own a plane. let them tell if the story is true. If not they put doubt in the mind of people to thier integrity. And if they cant be honest about it. They should close shop please. Christainity is about salvation. And let them all know that Jesus is coming back very soon and alot of people are going to hell including pastors.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by biina: 6:53am On Apr 06, 2009
It's shocking that some people in their omniscient point of view are sure that no members of (or contributors to) the redeem church are complaining against the jet issue. I guess some people just know it all.

Back on topic, one  of the reasons that I doubt the veracity of the second publication is that, if  it is indeed true that 5 business men bought the jet in the name of a charter service company, there should have been no reason to link the jet to RCCG. After all, their intention to fly the GO free of charge (which is purported to be the only connection) shouldn't have been public knowledge. So the question is "why the connection?"

The first article lends one to believe (with no certainty) that THISDAY got their original info from airport personnel and likely concluded the ownership of the jet based on such sources or registration documents. If one considers the 'rumors' from last year that RCCG was planning to buy a jet, the first story sounds more credible.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Jarus(m): 9:28am On Apr 06, 2009
Much as I always prefer to be a spectator, rather than an active contributor, to NL debates that centre on Pastors/Church/Christianity, I find this topic too inviting to stomach my opinion.
This is no doubt one of NL's fiercest debate in recent time. With two of NL's politics section's most respected contributors, Kobojunkie and Lucrabasi engaging the likes of equally respected NL personalities like DK,Jakumo & Banom, with becomrich, ubiquitous Mr Crackles, adding what could be called neutral comments, one can't help not registering his presence here.

When I first read the jet acquisition story in the papers(or was it on NL here that I first saw it as a breaking news?), I took it like any other news. I was not surprised at all, first because I knew with such fanfare RCCG would definitely have a very deep pocket; second because if Oyedepo can afford it, why can't G.O. I know how rich these pastors are. Their source of wealth? My presumption is, given the way Super rich Nigerians idolize these people, some of them will not hesitate to drop half of their wealth into their pastor's/church's coffers. Sincerely, I strongly believe this, hardly agreeing with common sense as it seems. The rich idolize them!!! This is the explanation that comes to my mind when I try to fathom these people's source of wealth.

Another point I need to raise here is that that borders on Thisday's credibility. Dele Momodu, a close pal of Nduka Obaigbena, ThisDay publisher, was the first that attempted defending Adeboye in his column in Thisday on Sunday, PENdulum. In that article, he defended strongly Adeboye. I know how close Dele is to Nduka. I have followed both long enough to know that they think in the same line. I will not be surprised if it's true, as argued by some people, that Nduka had to make his paper retract teh first story, so as to officially do image cleansing for G.O.

But by the way, I don't personally care about what Adeboye or anybody uses. If I also have the money, I'll surely buy one.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2009
Jarus:

Much as I always prefer to be a spectator, rather than an active contributor, to NL debates that centre on Pastors/Church/Christianity, I find this topic too inviting to stomach my opinion.
This is no doubt one of NL's fiercest debate in recent time. With two of NL's politics section's most respected contributors, Kobojunkie and Lucrabasi engaging the likes of equally respected NL personalities like DK,Jakumo & Banom, with becomrich, ubiquitous Mr Crackles, adding what could be called neutral comments, one can't help not registering his presence here.

When I first read the jet acquisition story in the papers(or was it on NL here that I first saw it as a breaking news?), I took it like any other news. I was not surprised at all, first because I know with such funfare RCCG would definitely have a very deep pocket; second because if Oyedepo can afford it, why can't G.O. I know how rich these pastors are. Their source of wealth? My presumption is, given the way Super rich Nigerians idolize these people, some of them will not hesitate to drop half of their wealth into their pastor's/church's coffers. Sincerely, I strongly believe this, hardly agreeing with common sense as it seems. The rich idolize them!!! This is the explanation that comes to my mind when I try to fathom these people's source of wealth.

Another point I need to raise here is that that borders on Thisday's credibility. Dele Momodu, a close pal of Nduka Obaigbena, ThisDay publisher, was the first that attempted defending Adeboye in his column in Thisday on Sunday, PENdulum. In that article, he defended strongly Adeboye. I know how close Dele is to Nduka. I have followed both long enough to know that they think in the same line. I will not be surprised if it's true, as argued by some people, that Nduka had to make his paper retract teh first story, so as to officially do image cleansing for G.O.

But by the way, I don't personally care about what Adeboye or anybody uses. If I also have the money, I'll surely buy one.

Apart from the way you write; which is always readable, i didnt get your point on this issue.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 9:39am On Apr 06, 2009
The rich idolize them!!!

. . . But by the way, I don't personally care about what Adeboye or anybody uses. If I also have the money, I'll surely buy one.

BINGO!! Suddenly,purchasing a jet, especially in a recession, is a SIN. If you have money enough to purchase a JET, you are a thief!! If you are a pastor and you use money donated by your congregation to purchase a jet( even if it is with their consent), you are a thief! If you purchase a jet and give your pastor a free ride, you are a thief. . . . am I the only one who sees something wrong in all this?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Jakumo(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

BINGO!! Suddenly,purchasing a jet, especially in a recession, is a SIN. If you have money enough to purchase a JET, you are a thief!! If you are a pastor and you use money donated by your congregation to purchase a jet( even if it is with their consent), you are a thief! If you purchase a jet and give your pastor a free ride, you are a thief. . . . am I the only one who sees something wrong in all this?

If the acquisition of Pastor Eunuch's obscene wealth left no dead victims in its wake, few people would give a chit about what Pastor Eunuch gets up to, or how he splurges the stolen wealth donated to him by embezzlement-rich Nigerian politicians seeking to buy God's forgiveness for their lives of crime.   Note that there have been ZERO complaints, here in this forum, about the luxury jet recently purchased by Pastor Oyedepo, whose own fleecing sheds are well off the beaten path where no traffic is obstructed.

Pastor Adeboye KILLS people, in large numbers and with clockwork regularity, with the monthly 24-hour traffic gridlock caused by his concentration camp that is very IN[/b]conveniently located beside the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway.  That fact ALONE is what sets Adeboye apart from all those other con-men in dog collars, and this is a [b]very big phucking deal, irrespective of whether Eunuch's followers accept or reject this reality.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Jarus(m): 11:45am On Apr 06, 2009
nuzo:

Apart from the way write; which is always readable, i dont get your point on this issue.
My point: I'm not surprised G.O or RCCG bought jet. I have always known they have the money.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by unfaded(m): 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2009
so many idiots on NL,
RCCG is about the biggest church in the world, so whats the big deal if the church buy a jet.did they steal the money?
pastor Adeboye wouldn't buy a jet in his name,it would be in the name of the church,
the bigger a n organasation grows the more complex their programs are,most nigerian banks are now buying jets
comfort and others should be careful the way they wag their mouths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pauline Tallen’s Son Sues Her For Unlawful Detention & Demands N200m Damages / Ganduje Promises To Welcome Back Kwankwaso To APC If… / Orji Uzor Kalu Emerges Head Of African Parliamentary Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.