Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Through The Eyes Of A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Through The Eyes Of A Child (638 Views)

"Doctors Told Me I Will Have A Child 5 Years After My Accident But Now" - Lady / Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child / Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Through The Eyes Of A Child by Davedavy: 10:44am On Sep 01, 2015
One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son,

"How was the trip?"

"It was great, Dad."

"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.

"Oh Yeah" said the son.

"So what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered, "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.

With this the boy's father was speechless. Then his son added, "Thanks, dad, for showing me how poor we are.

Moral:
Too many times we forget what we have and concentrate on what we don't have.Try looking at the world through the eyes of a child. Look at things as if you were seeing them for the first time. Be innocent again.

You just might like what you see and be more grateful for what you already have!

1 Like

Re: Through The Eyes Of A Child by Cutehector(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2015
True that!
Re: Through The Eyes Of A Child by urchbarbie(f): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
smiley
Re: Through The Eyes Of A Child by Osisie(m): 2:39am On Sep 02, 2015
Omo, forget that yarn abeg. I like that kind of "poverty". Dem for come Nigeria na. The pikin for reason d matter differently.

(1) (Reply)

Waring Pro - 10-cup Popcorn Maker - Red/black - Micostarmall.com / For Nigeria Single Ladies And Guys / The Perfect Christmas Gift For 9ja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.