Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) (96309 Views)

Woman With Blue Eyes Wants To Reunite With Her Husband - Kwara First Lady / Husband Of Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami: Why I Abandoned My Wife With Blue Eyes / Girl born with an Arabic inscription in Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by alfa2016: 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is Kaila.

Kaila is a healthy baby girl born with natural blue eyes.

Her parents are from Delta state.

Unfortunately people tend to be afraid of Kayla because of her beautiful blue eyes.They say it's scary.

Her father's older brother also has blue eyes and had to deal with been discriminated against and stigmatized because of the color of his eyes growing up. In fact he learned to walk with his head facing down so as not to scare people away.

Kaila and her uncle are not the only ones with this special gift.

Other members of their family also have blue eyes or blue patches in their eyes.

While I'm not a doctor, I know that there is a scientific explanation as to why they have eye color synonymous with Caucasians. I also know from my belief as a Christian that God wanted it that way.

So that they possess blue eyes doesn't make them different from you and I.

It is just a mutation and Kaila, members of her family and any other Africa with blue/ green or grey eyes should not be treated differently or made to hate themselves because the color of their eyes.

Thank you.

See Beautiful Baby With Nigerian Parents Stigmatized Because Of The Color Of Her Eyes
This is Kaila.

Kaila is a healthy baby girl born with natural blue eyes.

Her parents are from Delta state.

Unfortunately people tend to be afraid …
http://mojidelano.com/2017/04/see-beautiful-baby-with-nigerian-parents-stigmatized-because-of-the-color-of-her-eyes/

82 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
Very cute kiss

Nigerians never appreciate good things. They castigate someone born with blue eyes, yet same them will admire it in foreign movies and even go as far as purchasing coloured lenses angry

Her eyes look like that 'Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" symbol . Still so cute

868 Likes 73 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Origin(f): 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
I want . I want o. Oh I want blue eyes jare.
So vivid. So beautiful and unique.

188 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Destined2win: 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
I love those eyes

43 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by ShakurM(m): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
Move to Lagos pls. Fine baby kiss

182 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 03, 2017
White stripes?

I've seen that somewhere

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
darioNaharis:
Very cute kiss

Nigerians never appreciate good things. They castigate someone born with blue eyes, yet same them will admire it in foreign movies and even go as far as purchasing coloured lenses angry

Her eyes look like that 'Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" symbol . Still so cute
so so cute..

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by skarz: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
cute

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by ekems2017(f): 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
Take this baby to oyibo country make she go enjoy her life. Nigeria no sabi better thing

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by dessz(m): 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
as u see the baby eye, I am vexing for my parents, why una no give me that kind eye angry I kon black eye, grin pupils black, cornea black wtf cheesy

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Dongreat(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
The color of the eyes is controlled by what is call Melanie. Melanin is also responsible for the pigmentation of your skin and hair. Too much Melanin in the eyes result to brown coloration and in skin, yep brown skin, hence the saying "brown people". Over secretion of melanin in the skin result to dark color but still brown in the eyes.
So the baby, relatives and others with blue eyes have little secretions of melanin in their eyes and the risk of damage from UV light is also high.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Vickiweezy(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
This post don make me tire for my orange sef.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by ibson99(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
scary eyes. you sure she aint marine spirit

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Codeblues(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
Wow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by malabite3: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by wintersnow(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
Origin:
I want . I want o. Oh I want blue eyes jare.
So vivid. So beautiful and unique.

Babe I've blue eyes.. Our kids will definitely inherit this trait from me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by DocAdray(f): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
Cutie with lovely eyes. Me likey...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Tenim47(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
lobatan
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by awesomet1(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
BEAUTIFUL!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by whytemon(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Fake
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Celestyn8213: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ha!!
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by CastroTbb(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
O
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by fmarshal(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Beautiful eyes. There is beauty in diversity.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Deeypeey(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
its cute...buh the way wey she dey ranju tho..e dey scary true true...lolz

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by sotall(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hmmm....na wa ooooo.
Those eyes may look beautiful but they are scary as well. Even if the eyes look scary doesnt justify her being discriminated.

But one kwession dey my mind......Shey na her mama play the foreign match wey bring the blue eye gene abi na her grand mama or ancestors?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by reyscrub(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is natural and is due to body chemistry.

The mutation affected the so-called OCA2 gene, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives color to our hair, eyes and skin.

"A genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch,' which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes," Eiberg said.

The genetic switch is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 and rather than completely turning off the gene, the switch limits its action, which reduces the production of melanin in the iris. In effect, the turned-down switch diluted brown eyes to blue.

If the OCA2 gene had been completely shut down, our hair, eyes and skin would be melanin-less, a condition known as albinism.

Eiberg and his team examined DNA from mitochondria, the cells' energy-making structures, of blue-eyed individuals in countries including Jordan, Denmark and Turkey. This genetic material comes from females, so it can trace maternal lineages.

It is a fact that the people who have blue eyes in Denmark, as far as Jordan, these people all have this same haplotype, they all have exactly the same gene changes that are all linked to this one mutation that makes eyes blue.

The mutation is what regulates the OCA2 switch for melanin production. And depending on the amount of melanin in the iris, a person can end up with eye color ranging from brown to green. Brown-eyed individuals have considerable individual variation in the area of their DNA that controls melanin production. But they found that blue-eyed individuals only have a small degree of variation in the amount of melanin in their eyes.

http://www.livescience.com/9578-common-ancestor-blue-eyes.html

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by ajuwarhodes(f): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Cute
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by thorpido(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
She will face stigmatization in this environment,some might even tag her an ogbanje,smh.
I love her uniqueness.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by modestofynest(m): 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
Scare wetin if I get blues eyes ehn una for hearam for this country I no even get am I dey worry already if to say e dey hmmmmmm DSS for done invite me

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by kerryjossy(f): 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
Beautiful eyes....The fact that u are a #girlchild makes u perfect.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife / Man Impregnates His Sister-In-Law In Nasarawa / Female Bank Manager Caught Red Handed By Husband In Bed With Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.