Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Yahoo Messenger Virus Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Yahoo Messenger Virus Help! (1256 Views)

Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! / "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Messenger Virus Help! by vinna(f): 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2006
HELP!! My yahoo messenger has been infected. Sumone who knows should tell me wat to do. My Status message changes to different links on its own every minute. and ppl on my msger list get links sent to them, when they open it, they get diff viruses.

What do i do, pls anyone!!
Re: Yahoo Messenger Virus Help! by layi(m): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2006
I have the same problem wit the new messenger. I know several people who have the same probelm. yahoo dey Bleep up o
Plz how can i get older,clean versions of the messenger?
Re: Yahoo Messenger Virus Help! by nosa101(f): 12:48am On Oct 09, 2006
Funny enough, I have the new messenger and I don't have that problem.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Virus Help! by Alexos(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2006
Hey, thats not a problem, the problem is that your system has been infected with a trojan.

What it does is to steal ur password and start using it to send nonsense link and to do funny stuffs, good antivirus for it.(AVG-its free online). and then u r free once again.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Virus Help! by goodguy(m): 10:30pm On Oct 10, 2006
Hey Layi, I got that sh*t from you and snazzy. I opened it and got infected. But am no longer infected. . thanks to a wonderful software. grin

it's not the yahoo messenger that's infected. it's your PC! get a good antivirus like kaspersky and all shall be well. cool
Re: Yahoo Messenger Virus Help! by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2006
all u guys with this issue should plz get Avira Antivir its free and works like a charm

(1) (Reply)

Browsing With My Mac Book Pro / NEW YEAR BONUS: FREE IWP VPS SERVER‏ WITH 3 DAYS RAPIDSHARE PREMIUM ACCOUNT / for all computer/ICT ebooks and video tutorial call me.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.