Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. (28750 Views)

Ikoyi Billions: Fayose Raises Questions / Protesters At The Senate Over Ali Ndume's Suspension (Photos) / Shettima Visits Saraki Over Ali Ndume's Suspension (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by Eluwilussit(m): 5:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
bigerboy200:

wow... Ur wailing no get part 2..better calm down and don't give urself hypertension...drugs for it are very expensive dis days ohh...me don talk my own..

Thanks for the advice! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by GideonVIBES(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
I love d reading trash........but hey did'nt Obama appoint an outsider as secret service director.

1 Like

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by TuGreat(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
Am here to use my talent to serve you and everyone out there.Download and enjoy this soothing,relieving,hot banging song titled ALL YOU GAT. https://my.notjustok.com/track/27831/tugreat-all-you-gat#.VeSgFtbpzMi.
Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by Eluwilussit(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
agurza:
Mister I believe you didn't go through all these garbage before your finger mistakenly push the enter key. Your post is full of hate that you keep going round and round without saying anything meaning. Sorry dear election have come and gone we now have an able president. WAKEUP!

Full of hate, u said? Ok.

1)Tell me what Buhari achieved in the last 30 yrs personally.
2) Abacha, IBB, Shagari, Abdusallami, Dikko, Atiku are all Ibibios, abi?
3) President, Senate president, Speaker, SFG, all the judiciary top dogs, customs, police, immigration, and the list goes on, are from the North.

Before I go on, lol, you are a pretty lady. grin.

Ok, back to business. Will the North accept such lopsided appointment based on merit if the tables were turned? Why this double standard?

For your information, I don't need anything from naija. I am only concerned because I love my country to death. Like I have always stated, I stand for a united and progressive Nigeria, where everyone will be equal. As things are today, it is obvious we are not all equal. The North is more equal than the South.

To answer your question, I read everything I write before I post. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by porka: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Unfortunately, Nigerians did not do a background check on Buhari. Tell us what Buhari achieved in the last 30 yrs? Without Tinubu, Buhari will not be there today. He couldn't even package himself well in the past. Suddenly, he has become mr know all.

Please can you tell us who created the mess he is pretending to clean with only northerners, in the first place? Nigeria did not start with Obasanjo's presidency in 1999. The North created this corruption. The south simply joined them. The North is responsible for our predicament.

If indeed the North sincerely believes that only the North is gifted enough to rule Nigeria, they should provide the evidence based on the achievements of the North since almagamation. There are no pointers to support this idea of "northern honesty" and "integrity". Abacha, IBB, Abdusallami, Dikko, Shagari, etc, were and are from the North.

Since Buhari is now the c-in-c, what stops him from demanding for his certificates from the army and showing same to the world? Do we mean that by virtue of being the president, all his lies and utterances in the past are "wiped" away? It is only in a place like Nigeria that that will happen. When Obama was accused of not being born in America, what did he do? He published his birth certificate. That is called being responsible and sensitive. So far, Buhari has refused to declare his assets publicly. So why is he acting like a saint?

All we want is a good government. True. It shouldn't matter where the appointments come from. Again, that's true. It should matter though, if all of his appointment is centred among his North. It is even more worrisome, given the excuse Nigerians are given. How exactly does Buhari expect the other parts of the country to feel? There are capable hands in every region. Buhari is simply empowering his people at the detriment of others. You can call it anything you like, but I call it Northocracy. grin grin grin

[size=13pt]Don't bother yourself sermonizing. These people are under a heavy spell. Ki s'oju lasan. (Perhaps that's the only theory available to describe this type of unreasonableness).

Nigerians did a thorough background check on the dullard. Everything about him is in the public domain. He himself even came out to remind them of who he is, about his lack of capacity to function effectively, about his deficiencies, but the slaves even dispute the dullard's opinion of himself, they reasoned he didn't know himself well.

The Senegalese marabouts' 'jazz' is still working. As it is now, if the dullard needs the heads of slaves' parents in a plate this night, they won't think twice before chopping them off. They would claim those heads are needed to 'clear the mess'.

But like everything, a 'jazz's potency will wane and their eyes will clear. Until then, enjoy the compilation of their stupidity for documentation purpose. [/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by anonimi: 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
IsiCaterpillar:
i am in support of whatever that will make Nigeria great again even if it means kicking some asss, breaking some knee caps and gouging out some eyeballs.

No wahala

Sai Baba

That was how the MONSTER called Adolf HITLER was created.
Careful what you wish for.

Jonathan built INSTITUTIONS.
Buhari is built on PROPAGANDA.

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by porka: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
neocortex:
Imagine Buhari, a president king of the north using legal loopholes to
install his kinsmen.

That is to show that he has no regard for Nigerian laws and he
will do everything to subvert our constitution.

Someone that was voted to block loopholes is noe the person
widening it.

[size=13pt]When the then hyperactive CBN governor, Lamido Sanusi Lamido, claimed that Kerosene subsidy was removed by Yaradua via a 'presidential directive' (a letter, not even a gazette), no one saw Femi Falana to provide a legal opinion.[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by conyema12(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
Any reform in the customs without electronic duty payment is complete bullshit.

I look forward when i can import a ride from yankee and pay the duty from my home and have agent bring down my car without issues and bottlenecks.

1 Like

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by EricDonn(m): 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
I think PMB is being economical with d truth, if the DCG's and ACG's are not worthy of heading the service, why not retire them, why retain them. They will be d closest officers to the new CG, if they were seen to be corrupt how will they help him clean up d system.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by anonimi: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
EricDonn:
I think PMB is being economical with d truth, if the DCG's and ACG's are not worthy of heading the service, why not retire them, why retain them. They will be d closest officers to the new CG, if they were seen to be corrupt how will they help him clean up d system.....

That is why the man is called a daft dullard.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2168547_boko_jpegb68e1f99d87674891f8bb5b8e27161d0
Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
MadCow1:
Wailers will wail..

And haters will hate.

MadCow.. Mad since 1976..
And liars will always lie

1 Like

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by Vello(m): 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
koboko69:
In other words...No law was actually broken.

It is evident that Buhari is ready to clean up the mess he met....by appointing credible people in the highest revenue generating government agencies.

The only people that have problems with this appointments are the wailing wailers. ...they will rather see Buhari fail rather than Nigeria moving forward....forgetting that if Buhari fails, Nigerians like them are the biggest loosers.

PDP's style of opposition: Take credit for the good things in the first 100 days.....pass the Shitty ones to APC as their fault cheesy. How best can one be a wailing clown

Lasticlala
Oh how I love this!!! God bless your soul my brother.
Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by Vello(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
klincity:
i think you need Deliverance.
As I believe you're a sick mega idiot.
Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by greatest31: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
I read this story and I felt pity for our country nigeria, what is the president thinking about? Is it by breaking the law that he will correct it? 60 years is retirement age for an official appointment as CG, DG etc, why is he breaking the law that he want others to keep? 2019 is around the corner, let him be ready to face trials then. His, will not be probe but trials for breach of procedures. We are not in military regime, somebody should tell him that. Please who is Falana? Is he the only lawyer in this country? People should stop talking from their pockets and talk from their brains. Let us call a spade a spade and not a working tool. Most of the young people that comment here do not know that it is their future that is wasting, if something is wrong, it is wrong, let us not acknowledge it is right. My people, is this how our children will grow up? Where are the elder statesmen, have all of them died? Our children will ask us questions. We should be ready to answer them.
Thank you.

I am not for anybody but let the right thing be done.

1 Like

Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by imiski(m): 11:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Now the main question in this appointment is not that he is northerner or he is corrupt himself no but that:
1 OFFICE OF C.S:just like the military and other organisations ranking is very important especially in times of handing over -usually to the second in command- he wasn't even in the customs as a worker or stake holder all of a sudden he gets appointed as a customs general okk alotta supporters claim that its only in the gazzete that its stated as a rule and the constitution supersedes it -left mhee pondering if we are seeing another eats of coup detat in customs and inec- ok they also claim he can be trained then
2TRANING- this man generally has no idea of how to run this place ok if he has to be trained the questions are
a-how long will the training last;and during this period will the customs be put on auto pilot like the economy?
b-who would do the training? Cause if its same 'corrupt' officials of customs then his appointment is just the start of the end okk if you feel he has enough traning to handle any position given his military experience then
3CIVIl SERVICE RuLE: given the fact that he was appointed as a c.s and not sole administrator ;and that the said position is a civil service occupation then he is a civil servant now i wonder what happened to the 35yrs of service and 60yrs of age if the argument is he is freshly appointed so have not served for 35yrs is he not above 60 if he is exempt from this rule then what happened to a president that's for 'everyone and noone' then please put my mother back to work
-IMISKI'S OPINION
Re: FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. by fransixe(m): 9:05am On Sep 02, 2015
koboko69:

Did you read the article or you just feel like wailing? Do u know better that a SAN?

Can you categorically tell me what law was broken?

Is a gazette a law backed by the Nigerian constitution?
We all wntd or wnts him[Buhari] to clean every thing cleanable for this country to move forward... but not at the expense of the country's Development and Economic well being... Its a simple fact that NCS is one of the country's stronghold in terms of Revenue generation, couple with the fact that ITS A PROFESSIONAL Job. Bringing someone who does not know the nit gritty of the job, will only take the NCS backward and at thesame time dwindle revenue for the Economy....If Ali assumes office, it will take him precious and gov't time to learn Customs Job....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai Meets With Babachir David-Lawal, SGF In His Office At The Villa (photo) / 2019 Senate Poll: Saraki Faces Tough Battle / Lagos Judicial Panel Awards N10m Each To 2 #EndSARS Victims Of Police Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.