Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Facebook Link Share Preview Not Working - How To Fix It - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook Link Share Preview Not Working - How To Fix It (890 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Says His Goal For 2018 Is To ‘fix’ Facebook / Working!how To See Photos On Facebook Free Mode / Google Adsense Error: how can I fix it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Link Share Preview Not Working - How To Fix It by Astutechris(m): 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
I recently had this problem so when I figured out how to solve it, I decided to share it here in case if anyone else is having the same problem because I noticed that the problem is not uncommon.

You may have noticed that if you want to share a like on facebook, it will pull up the title of the post, a litle description and an image from the post you want to share like the one in the image below. But sometimes it will show just the URL of the homepage of the website in the preview or showe the wrong title and description. This isn't normal. This can be caused by a lot of different probs that I can't go into the details here. I'm here to offer the solution to that.

To solve that simply head over https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ , copy and past the link you want to share into the URL box and click debug then click on "fetch new scrap information". If the new page returns 200 response code, then you know your problem is solved.
If it didn't return 200 response code, then your case is critical. You can share the error massage return here let's see how we can fix it.

Re: Facebook Link Share Preview Not Working - How To Fix It by atop1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
hmm

(1) (Reply)

Anyone GUY Running A Webhosting Site?? Enter Here / Sponsor A Post On My 48k FB Page For As Low As N550 Per Post / I Want Someone Who Can Make A Website Like Konga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.