Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,387 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others (16905 Views)

Victor Moses Reacts To Super Eagles 2-0 Loss To Croatia / Victor Moses Celebrates With Family On The Pitch After Lifting EPL Trophy.Photos / West Ham Signs Deal With FC Ifeanyi Ubah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmOof8UnD3zmDr9htToqhP34brfW5v4xOSQKyES5s5wa5anpIVIb1SBU93KlXJjW7m-W4[/img]

West Ham United were the big movers on a relatively placid transfer deadline day as the Premier League club brought in a quartet of new faces.

The long-expected return of Alex Song on a second successive season-long loan from Barcelona was the first completed deal of the day and he was soon joined by a trio of attacking talents. Victor Moses also moved on a season-long loan, having agreed a new four-year contract with Chelsea beforehand, while Nikica Jelavic and Michail Antonio were signed from the Championship sides Hull City and Nottingham Forest, respectively.

The 27-year-old Song, who is currently unavailable for selection because of an ankle injury, rejoins after a successful stint last season and the former Arsenal midfielder said another year at Upton Park was a simple decision to make. “It was a very easy choice for me to come back here and I’m very happy to be here,” he told West Ham TV. “I am very happy. For me it was very important to come back because when I was here I had a great rapport with the fans and the club.

“When I left I didn’t know I would come back here. It was not easy but at the end of the day, the most important thing is I’m here now and I’m very happy. I feel at home, everything feels at home, for my family too, they’re set up very well here.”

The Nigeria international Moses followed closely in Song’s footsteps and will now spend a third year in succession away from Stamford Bridge on loan. Moses, 24, has previously been at Liverpool and Stoke City but would appear to have a future at Chelsea as he signed a new deal with the club before his temporary move across London was confirmed. Slaven Bilic has said he wanted to add more attacking options and the former Wigan Athletic man will add much-needed width.

As well as a pair of established players arriving on loan, West Ham also addressed their need for another striker by bringing in the experienced Jelavic from Hull.

The 30-year-old has signed an initial two-year deal at Upton Park, where he will link up again with Bilic after playing for the West Ham manager during his time in charge of Croatia. The former Rangers and Everton forward will now be looking to get back into top-flight action having scored eight goals for Hull, who were relegated from the Premier League last season.

Jelavic, who underwent surgery on a long-term knee problem earlier this year, admits the lure of playing under Bilic was part of the attraction in moving to east London. “I’ve played for Slaven before for the Croatia national team and he is a great manager and a great man,” he said. “I am really happy and delighted to be working with him and all his staff again.

“I am very excited to be signing for West Ham United, especially as it is a big club and I didn’t know until a couple of days ago that I would have the opportunity to come here.”

The final acquisition was that of Antonio from Forest, as Bilic got hold of a player he has been targeting for some time. The 24-year-old winger signed an initial four-year deal for £7m after scoring four goals for Forest in all competitions this season, including their late goal in the 2-1 home defeat by Cardiff City on Saturday.

“I’ve worked my way from non-league and finally got to the Premier League to show what I can do,” the former Sheffield Wednesday man said. “If the fans don’t know me from the Championship, what I bring to the table is pace, power and goals, so hopefully I can do that this season.”

Moving the other direction was Matt Jarvis, who has joined Norwich on a season-long loan from Upton Park.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/01/alex-song-new-loan-west-ham-barcelona
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Moses made the right step. He wants to play regular football without impedements, Unlike mikel that still wants to remain on bench

How I wish Iheanacho can emulate this too...

15 Likes

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by tociano009(m): 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
But Moses move on loan to west ham not permanent deal
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by special19: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
good
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by 5starmilitant: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
I've always known that Moses cannot enter the promise land(Chelsea's first team)....
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by otunbashonny(m): 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good move
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by igahdavid(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hope he gets more playing time
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by oleeee(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
gud 4 him
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by engrfemi(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
F
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by zonax(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good for him unlike Mikel
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Fernandowski(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
Signing a new contract wt chelsea means his heart is still there to stay
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by mayorjosh(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
Van gaal is an otuoke goat

We dey shout *Sign pedro*,e no sign am because of just £2m.e con join chelsea for £22m.pedro is a world cup winner,3 ucls,plenty uncountable trophies and most of all an established international.pedros game ratio is a goal and an assist in every 3 games.that's super for an AMF

Instead make sign dat 1,d werey go sign anthony martial who is only 19,has played just 60 professional matches,isn't a full international,his goal ratio is one goal in 5 games,and he is nt established.most of all he got him for £36m(that's £14m extra to barcas asking price for pedro)abeg red devils is this not a loss on our path and also a big gamble?

I bet if they face us pedro ll make the difference only then will d idiot realise his impact

D mumu con sell chicharito join again!!!!!!

26 Likes

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Okemmuo(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
That's good for him. Nice
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by dyabman(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
blueto:
Moses made the right step. He wants to play regular football without impedements, Unlike mikel that still wants to remain on bench

Bros been having false hope grin
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by MrRhymes101(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
HE SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO STOKE CITY WHERE HE MADE A MARK LAST SEASON

2 Likes

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by sigiyaya(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
MIKEL what are you waiting for biko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by westlius(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good 1@ least he get sence pass mikel he hates bench warming
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by LatestTrend: 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Free Obi

He's already a pensioner. grin

This guy go buy lagos.

grin

1 Like

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by cayorday89(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Congrats to them all
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Mopolchi: 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
das ist gut.
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Milly02(m): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
Beta 4 him
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by ladyF(f): 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good for him....sure first team

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
dyabman:

Bros been having false hope grin
what do you mean? grin

1 Like

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by RexTramadol1: 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good bad move!
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by ricsman(m): 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
stay one place na
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Holuwakemmy16(f): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
Niceone
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Fibo27(m): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
blueto:

Nothing better than chopping free money bros
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by ichidodo: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good move for Moses.. He gets game time and still stays close to his young family already settled in London.... Unlike us in Man(ure) where some bushy body wouldnt allow our transfer to Real Madrid, now We will rot in the reserves till January... Rot you, Fifa..
Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by nerodenero: 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Moses and Mikel loves football but Moses loves it more. Moses loves to play, the reason for the loan deals while Mikel loves to play it between women's legs and a permanent bench at the sideline with a belt fastened to the bench is his best friend.

With the new four years contract at Chelsea, I think Moses still has a future with the Blues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by sam90s(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
ladyF:
Good for him....sure first team

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

I'm not being sexist, but I noticed you seem to be the only female on this topic, even guys are in short supply here, you must be an interesting lady to be around. [thumbs up]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: West Ham Signs Victor Moses, Two Others by Smooyis(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
Wishing him injury free season.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2023 Group Stage Best X1; CAF Snubs Super Eagles Stars / Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award / Chelsea Vs Liverpool: Fans Fault Tuchel For Not Replacing Mendy With Kepa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.