Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award (16913 Views)

Lionel Messi Free-kick Goal Vs Liverpool Voted UEFA Goal Of The Season (Photos) / Ronaldo's Stunning Overhead Kick For Real Madrid Voted Uefa's Goal Of The Season / Patrick Mboma’s Overhead Kick For Cameroon, Before Ronaldo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by 18Ebiscoo: 4:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo’s stunning overhead bicycle kick for Real Madrid against current club Juventus has been voted UEFA’s goal of the season.

The former Real Madrid striker beat competition from 11 nominees for the award in honour of his goal in last season’s Champions League quarter-final first leg in Turin.

“Thanks to everyone who voted for me. Will never forget that moment, specially the reaction of the fans in the stadium,” the 33-year-old Portuguese superstar said on Twitter, using the hashtag #SpecialMoment.

Real Madrid were already leading against the Italian champions thanks to Ronaldo’s opener after just two minutes when he acrobatically blasted in Dani Carvajal’s cross on 64 minutes.

Ronaldo said it was “the best goal” of his career and it helped Real to a 3-0 win on the night and moved them a step closer to an eventual quarter-final victory over Juve. The Spanish club went on to win the competition for the third consecutive season.

The striker said the crowd’s reaction – a standing ovation from the Juventus fans – played a part in his decision to move to Turin in a 100 million-euro deal last month.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner is the all time top scorer in the Champions League with 120 goals.

Meanwhile, Portugal captain Ronaldo will skip his country’s next two internationals including a Nations League game against Italy in order to focus on his new club Juventus, Italian media reported on Wednesday.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Portugal’s all-time top goalscorer and skipper wants to make his new team the priority and will remain in Turin to be in top physical shape and to get to know his new teammates better.

The 33-year-old Ronaldo will reportedly miss a friendly against World Cup runners-up Croatia on September 6 and a Nations League game on September 10 against Italy.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner signed for Italian champions Juventus this summer from Real Madrid for 100 million euros.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/ronaldos-overhead-kick-wins-uefa-goal.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by xtravanganza: 6:01am On Aug 30, 2018
Before nko, which goal better pass am last season.. Even juve fans were amazed by the goal

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by rottennaija(m): 6:46am On Aug 30, 2018
xtravanganza:
Before nko, which goal better pass am last season.. Even juve fans were amazed by the goal

Bale's overhead kick was better, and the stage grander...

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46am On Aug 30, 2018
#Respect to the G.O.A.T

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by davidodiba(m): 6:46am On Aug 30, 2018
Okay...but Bale did the same thing....
Hypocrisy

13 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Godsgift7837: 6:46am On Aug 30, 2018
Nice on GOAT.... please bring your gift cards and iTunes via signature
Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by ExAngel007(f): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2018
Has Messi score any goal? .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Hanji(m): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2018
It is also important to note dat messi won d award in d year 2015 and 2016 bt it was neva news because d world already knows that he is from another planet.

20 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by AroOkigbo(m): 6:49am On Aug 30, 2018
Early morning football
Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by tesppidd: 6:49am On Aug 30, 2018
This story was on front page 2 days ago.

Why has it been brought on FP again early this morning?

BTW,

That wasn't even the best overhead kick in the champions league last season.

Bale's goal was better,

I know some Ronaldo slaves would start telling us about how he lept 1 million meters on the air,

But Bales goal was in the final.

Not just in the final, but

The goal definitely won the champions league for real madrid because he scored it with the scoreline still at 1-1.

11 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Joemetry(m): 6:49am On Aug 30, 2018
MESSI'S FANS ARE GONNA BLAST UEFA FOR THIS...
OOO MY GOD, THEY'RE EVEN COMING FOR ME.
RUNSSSSSSS....

grin

6 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by tesppidd: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Joemetry:
MESSI'S FANS ARE GONNA BLAST UEFA FOR THIS...
OOO MY GOD, THEY'RE EVEN COMING FOR ME.
RUNSSSSSSS....

grin

That's how you people show the world the infinitesimal nature of your IQ's without even being asked.

Messi fans wouldn't even care about you because Messi won the inaugural award in 2015.

Messi achieves things before Ronaldo.

Messi leads, Ronaldo follows.

13 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by yusufobinna1(m): 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Ronaldo is one of the best player that ever played football

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by ziccoit: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
This guy, apart form the fact that he’s football god, has good manager and adviser. He knows when to move and where to be at right time.

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Authoreety: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
B4 nko... him na GOAT na

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by thatigboman: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
rottennaija:

true talk

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by everlymoore86(m): 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Like for Ronaldo , share for Messi

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by ttshems(m): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2018
The striker said the crowd’s reaction – [/b]a standing ovation from the Juventus fans –[b] played a part in his decision to move to Turin in a 100 million-euro deal last month.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by ikorodureporta: 6:52am On Aug 30, 2018
...why reposting? Dis mod isnt a nairalander undecided
Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Offpoint: 6:53am On Aug 30, 2018
Ronaldo is the only player I know whenever he scored a goal both his opponent fans will celebrategrin the guy is more than a GOAT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Ikmontana1: 6:53am On Aug 30, 2018
rottennaija:

ok sir, goan collect the award from Ronaldo n give it to Bale

32 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Kingsley1000(m): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2018
I bet with a friend that cr7 will reach 30league goals at juventus.hope its possible

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Josskute(m): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2018
How many times is this news gonna grace frontpage? Messi Still Remains His Boss

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by Kingjames(m): 6:55am On Aug 30, 2018
Bale's against Liverpool in the final is my best

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by SEONaijaExpert: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2018
Ronaldo is a great player! No doubt.
Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by wildchild1: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2018
It was a stunning goal

Check my signature for 2018/2019 club and country jerseys
Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by marttol: 7:00am On Aug 30, 2018
WHO CARES IF BALE'S GOAL WAS BETTER...IF BALE TOO WANTS TO BE ENJOYING PARTIALITY,HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN RULING EUROPE RIGHT FROM HIS TOTTENHAM DAYS...

AND BESIDES DID HE COMPLAIN??

THIS BARCA FANS SELF...

KEEP WAILING,WHILE WE I KEEP WINNING

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by geethaiwo(m): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2018
18Ebiscoo:
Cristiano Ronaldo’s stunning overhead bicycle kick for Real Madrid against current club Juventus has been voted UEFA’s goal of the season.

The former Real Madrid striker beat competition from 11 nominees for the award in honour of his goal in last season’s Champions League quarter-final first leg in Turin.

“Thanks to everyone who voted for me. Will never forget that moment, specially the reaction of the fans in the stadium,” the 33-year-old Portuguese superstar said on Twitter, using the hashtag #SpecialMoment.

Real Madrid were already leading against the Italian champions thanks to Ronaldo’s opener after just two minutes when he acrobatically blasted in Dani Carvajal’s cross on 64 minutes.

Ronaldo said it was “the best goal” of his career and it helped Real to a 3-0 win on the night and moved them a step closer to an eventual quarter-final victory over Juve. The Spanish club went on to win the competition for the third consecutive season.

The striker said the crowd’s reaction – a standing ovation from the Juventus fans – played a part in his decision to move to Turin in a 100 million-euro deal last month.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner is the all time top scorer in the Champions League with 120 goals.

Meanwhile, Portugal captain Ronaldo will skip his country’s next two internationals including a Nations League game against Italy in order to focus on his new club Juventus, Italian media reported on Wednesday.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Portugal’s all-time top goalscorer and skipper wants to make his new team the priority and will remain in Turin to be in top physical shape and to get to know his new teammates better.

The 33-year-old Ronaldo will reportedly miss a friendly against World Cup runners-up Croatia on September 6 and a Nations League game on September 10 against Italy.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner signed for Italian champions Juventus this summer from Real Madrid for 100 million euros.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/ronaldos-overhead-kick-wins-uefa-goal.html
gonna take another ballon'dor tonight, it will be making six.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by famosh: 7:00am On Aug 30, 2018
rottennaija:

I'm telling you! But unfortunately, them bounce Bale because him no big like penaldo!

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by MartinCorridon: 7:00am On Aug 30, 2018
You analysed excellently and made good points.

But what i bolded is a Nigerian habit and quite unnecessary. You can pass your message without insulting right?

I personally prefer Ronaldo's because it seemed farther out and he leapt higher.... plus - it was completely out of nowhere.

But still, Final is way bigger than Quarters, it changing the tide at 1-1 can't just be ignored.

Maybe the unusual sights of opponents applauding won it for Ronaldo or as some are insinuating here, him being way more famous than Bale

tesppidd:
This story was on front page 2 days ago.

Why has it been brought on FP again early this morning?

BTW,

That wasn't even the best overhead kick in the champions league last season.

Bale's goal was better,

I know some Ronaldo slaves would start telling us about how he lept 1 million meters on the air,

But Bales goal was in the final.

Not just in the final, but

The goal definitely won the champions league for real madrid because he scored it with the scoreline still at 1-1.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo’s Overhead Kick Wins UEFA Goal Award by marttol: 7:01am On Aug 30, 2018
Hanji:
It is also important to note dat messi won d award in d year 2015 and 2016.
BARKADIOT CONSOLING THEMSELVES

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Dropped Points In Their Last Three EPL Games, Will It Cost Them Title? / Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca / We Are Regularly Talking About Erling Haaland - Thomas Tuchel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.