Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch (16550 Views)

N5,000 Stipend: Opposition, Labour, Others Attack Buhari … PUNCH / Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –Buhari / Don’t Give Fashola Appointment,civil Society Group Tells Buhari-PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
Great
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by lekjons(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by loomer: 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Una neva see anything

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by jkbee(m): 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Soro niyen? Who dey elm of affairs? Make e crumble, when e no crumble nko
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by nellyelitz(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
What is talking...
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by koppa(m): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Sebi this man was preaching change before,why must he now be telling us this,same economy had been facing decline under Boda Jonah,now you are telling us this shii...

Nigerians we don enta one chance...

APC don scam us,as much as we dey talk sey we sharp dem still dupe us...chai

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
doom...
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by atlwireles: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
The decline is here already and its only going to get worse.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
Don't worry with body language everything will be fine
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
handie:
I'm beginning to believe that Nigeria is too big and complex for one individual to be making all the policies. I think a confederacy where each unit makes policies to improve the lives of the people. Or, if that can't be done, a return to the regional system of administration but in this case, every region should retain at least 50% of it's resources. With this, there'll be healthy competitions between regions for development and also, every region will seek to maximize and explore all their resources instead of always relying on "oyel money"

This your new belief has been other's belief since 1967. Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by amusadele: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
This dunce and the northerner king is talking about economy. Does he know what an economy is? Daft. This country don suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by baysol: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
menix:
We know nd wat have u done to steer d economy clear of the economic hardship if not busy ensuring the northerners remain Lord's over the West.

Abeg who be this yamirin internet rats thats spewing rubbish. All you misfits who want to be relivant in the society. Thanks to south west igbo shameless peps would have amounted to nothing in ala ibo the famous erosion enclave. All they know is drug get rich quick and quench, money ritual, robbery, and shop keeping and want everybody toi believe they are hard working and husslers. We are not fool in south west for vey soon your time will be all up.
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by Louislewis: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
[size=16pt]Baba Buhari, I think una (APC) talk sey una go stabilize the price of oil if una enter. Na now una see sey to stabilize the oil moni nor dey for una hand. APC! APC!! APC!!!...Association of Political Criminals! Association of Political Confusionist!! Una crime go too much b/4 one yr in office.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by mmsen: 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
handie:
I'm beginning to believe that Nigeria is too big and complex for one individual to be making all the policies. I think a confederacy where each unit makes policies to improve the lives of the people. Or, if that can't be done, a return to the regional system of administration but in this case, every region should retain at least 50% of it's resources. With this, there'll be healthy competitions between regions for development and also, every region will seek to maximize and explore all their resources instead of always relying on "oyel money"

Nigeria is already a federal republic.

Sadly it is run in a unitary manner.

If this man wanted to make his job easier then he would insist upon a policy of fiscal federalism from his party members.

He would insist on slashing the federal burden.

That he has not done so is disturbing.

I'm curious to know what his plans are for the problems that he keeps pointing out.

Integrity is great but how do you plan on creating an enabling environment for an ever expanding population?

A leader who insists on talking about flaws without suggesting solutions is not fit to lead.
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by samofson: 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Risks ke? It's already freaking happening !!!!! .
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by mmsen: 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
mykl01:

This your new belief has been other's belief since 1967. Good morning.

Before 1967.

When Anthony Enahoro was calling for independence in the 1953 the northerners were demanding that they remain colonial slaves.
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by 2rutalk1: 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
I am highly disappointed in this new government. It is obvious the government has no policy direction. I never expected the dwindling oil price to come as a shock to President Buhari since he knew it even before electioneering campaigns. One of the reasons people voted for Buhari was because they thought he would diversify the economy of this country and move away from our traditional oil-dominated economy. It is therefore shocking that President Buhari is still seeing the oil price volatility as a serious challenge to his government. I will always remember Obasanjo for one thing - Assembling great technocrats from all walks of life during his tenure to revamp the economy of this nation. people like Oby Ezekwesili, Prof. Charles Soludo, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Frank Nweke Jr, Shamsudeen Usman, Bright Okogwu, El Rufai and many more, formed the economic team and placed our economy on the path of growth. Buhari should hasten up and do something urgently and stop all these complaints about dwindling oil price. Oil is an exhaustible resource and the current Shale Oil development in the US coupled with low demand for oil in the international market is a threat to future oil prices. Let him get a good Energy/Petroleum Economist to tell him the future of the petroleum sector and its possible impacts on the world economy. Then, he will see the need for economic diversification. Anything contrary to this will spell doom on Nigeria's economic growth and development.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by chiedu7: 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
baysol:

Abeg who be this yamirin internet rats thats spewing rubbish. All you misfits who want to be relivant in the society. Thanks to south west igbo shameless peps would have amounted to nothing in ala ibo the famous erosion enclave. All they know is drug get rich quick and quench, money ritual, robbery, and shop keeping and want everybody toi believe they are hard working and husslers. We are not fool in south west for vey soon your time will be all up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by agitator: 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
This General buhari who cannot talk, everytime it is his media assistant. Anyway we are still managing his "body language." grin grin grin

Tomorrow APC will ask people to mention when, where did General buhari make the statement? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
Oh na today our presido sabi? I hope he won't blame GEJ for the decline in oil price.
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by anonimi: 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
Gbawe:
No. The corruption and greed of man deliberately made Nigeria complex to the extent you now make the conclusion you do above. Equally, the discipline, determination and selfless leadership of man can make Nigeria 'simple' again. This is why Nigerians should support Buhari. PDP deliberately destroyed Nigeria over the past 16 years. Buhari can definitely put Nigeria on the path to success. It will not be easy but it can be done.

Like this one who was spraying $$$$$$$$$$$$ to buy votes at APC primaries for Buhari to win nomination, not so

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

Bloody HYPOCRITES and LIARS assembled in the witches coven called APC!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2029033_failbuhari1_jpeg7ae4bc6a233e1c509b0909ac50860a14

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by onlykach: 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
Gbawe:

Totally agree. This is not even that difficult to achieve but leadership myopia, greed, corruption and lack of political will has ensured that all the PDP Governments we have had since 1999 have merely paid lip service to the concept of diversifying the Nigerian economy so it is not entirely reliant on crude oil which is a fuel an innovative and scientifically fast-moving world will need less in the future. Benchmarking on crude is also fiscally dangerous and should not be something a serious nation rely on as a make-or-break determinant of economic success and development.

Under GEJ, and with the Nigerian economy almost entirely reliant on crude oil income, budget benchmark for crude regularly hovered around $70-$73 because oil sold at over $100.00 per barrel . Today oil is selling at $48.00 per barrel approximately. Benchmark, for the next budget, will have to reflect this low price of oil and the general volatility of crude per barrel cost. The disparity in benchmark , between the last and upcoming budget, will be huge especially as it has happened in a relatively short space of time. The word huge is even a misnomer given the shrinkage the Nigerian economy will inevitably experience simply because the nation is earning far less than she did and the fact that 'rainy day' buffers were never put in place by the previous Government. Nigeria should learn from this development, as it is nothing new, and I think it is only under a leader like Buhari things can change for the better.

Why do you decide to mention PDP in your comment, PDP was in power i understand but you have a role to play, government iss for us all and not a few.

It's only in Nigeria we play the blame game and not blame ourselves.

It's only in Nigeria we have the best plans but can not implement it.

We have been singing diversification since our intial oil down fall in the early 1980's.

We are saying we are in a decline but we keep importing every thing even tooth pick. The problem with this country for me is Inferiority Complex, which i men the poor or average living should not get rich if he is not in my group, party or cliq.

WE ALL IN NIGERIA NEED TO BE BRAINWASHED AND RESET TO MAKE NIGERIA WORK!!!..... Nigeria can be better than China or the United States but interest or alignment of interest will not let us be.

I just to made commonsense!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by gurunlocker: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
appoint ministers nigga and stop blabbing shit
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by friends4ever(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Don't throw a stone in the market
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
handie:
gbam..... wink
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by samplegirl(f): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
That means the campaign propaganda is over. I thought this man is the messiah you guys were waiting for. Seems to me this is a self made soft landing.

All those promises were to deceive ehh? I am waiting for one naira to one dollar. Soon children will resume school, maybe we start from feeding them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by UpLoyo: 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
cjrane:
The dulllard will waste the little we have on civil war which he created

He's a dullard but became a president and you are 'Solomon' and jobless and the only thing meaningful in your life is your ranting on NL? So the man already created a civil war within 100 days in office? Your Stup1dity is beyond measure. Same goes for the 7 m0r0ns that liked your comment, but let me guess you are also the same person that liked your dum.bass statement.
Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by Islie: 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
He stated, “What President Muhammadu Buhari has come up with in the last 100 days is about credibility and integrity for those of us who are in public office. Buhari has come up with moral leadership in the last 100 days and that is what is needed to fight corruption in the country.

is this all the president could do for 100 days

the wailer instincts in me keep asking

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bull.hari has really crippled Nigeria's Economy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch by menix(m): 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
baysol:

I jst noticed an ediot quoted mii, so ediot who re u, who is ur fada, wat achievement have u made as a young chap, pls if u have Nofin meaningful to reply commit suicide..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okezie Ikpeazu: We Have Done Well In Road Construction / Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded / PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.