Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,737 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun (7596 Views)

10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by STEPHENBOI(m): 9:02am On Sep 02, 2015
Good day readers, i'm a student of our great osun state University (uniosun). Each university have one or two course that is very tough, to make it easier I decided to write for people getting admitted to Osun State University and also to tell you there are some courses you have to avoid/pay more attention to study in Uniosun.

Geology: Geology is the study of Earth's materials, structures and processes and is a four years course in uniosun. Geology has never produced a first class student in uniosun, the student with the highest CGPA ever in geology has 3.8. Geology admits at least 30 students per year and there has never been a year 10 students graduated from the department, in geology, their lecturers will tell you A is for God, B is for lecturer and C is for the brilliant students among you. Lol, these people have forgotten that 70% of nigerian youths are average students.. So I dare say you as an average students, the tendency of coming out in flying colors there is very low.

Physic/Electronics ; When you hear the word electronics, you will actually think their work is related to electrical/electronic. Na lie.. What they do their is pure physics, the course should rather be called pure and applied physics. Let's go back to the department. Physics is the fundamental study of matter and space and their interactions and evolution in time, while electronics is the application of this knowledge to meet human needs in science and technology. The first definition (definition of physics) is only what they study in this department. This department has produced a couple of first class students. They admit at least 50 students to this department every year and there has never been a year 20 students graduated from this department. The graduating set in 2014/2015 114 students made it to final year and just 13 graduated. This department is one of the toughest department in uniosun.

Microbiology: Microbiology is a laboratory-based science studying the micro-organisms which affect human, animal and plant health.. The reason this department is tough is their marking scheme and the way their lecturers invigilate in exam Hall. In this department if you are caught talking to your friend. You have to fill malpractice form not to talk of bring expo inside the hall. And the least penalty you can get from filling that form is suspension for 2 semsester..the department and the course is actually a very good one.. Buh the lecturers will make it difficult for you. When I was in 100level 90% of us failed BIO 101.. Anywhere you see a microbiology lecturer supervising you, then you should be careful.. This particular department has sent nothing less than 30 students out of uniosun..some students will say "I will rather carry the course willingly" than to allow a microbiology lecturers supervise me....BEWARE.

DISCLAIMER: All these courses above with points related to the article are purely nothing but my personal opinion. I purely have nothing against anybody. Any correction you find worthy should be dropped in the comment section of this particular post. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Richie0974: 9:22am On Sep 02, 2015
Really..
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by pboy508(m): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2015
Sire pls I need sme help in d may/june Waec exams I had commerce B2, marketing C5, crs C6, civic education B2, English C5, maths C5, literature E8, govt E8....duh m an art student wht can I do wit dis result wht course can i study wit it in the university or poly...pls kindly reply me
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by pboy508(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2015
Any one with answers pls
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by amicableSavage: 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Candidly, I think you should blame no one but yourself for any misfortune cos those that graduated from this predicaments aren't superhumans
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Olamyyde(m): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Mehn...nigerian education is crap cry
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by CivilzedTyger(m): 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
omo naija lecturers self, A is 4 God, God follow u ryt exams
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
STEPHENBOI:
Good day readers, i'm a student of our great osun state University (uniosun). Each university have one or two course that is very tough, to make it easier I decided to write for people getting admitted to Osun State University and also to tell you there are some courses you have to avoid/pay more attention to study in Uniosun.

Geology: Geology is the study of Earth's materials, structures and processes and is a four years course in uniosun. Geology has never produced a first class student in uniosun, the student with the highest CGPA ever in geology has 3.8. Geology admits at least 30 students per year and there has never been a year 10 students graduated from the department, in geology, their lecturers will tell you A is for God, B is for lecturer and C is for the brilliant students among you. Lol, these people have forgotten that 70% of nigerian youths are average students.. So I dare say you as an average students, the tendency of coming out in flying colors there is very low.

Lol. Geology is a beautiful and interesting course especially if one is passionate about knowing more about planet Earth. Geology is tough in all Nigerian Universities but to make it through, one got to be tougher. 95% of geology lecturers are saddists and haters of success. There are courses I shoulda made A's and Bees but when result go show... na C or D them go share gimme. Neva had a carry over sha...but there are courses I had poor grades on and I wish say na carryover sef.

God punish all those lecturers wey dey cut our marks like MTN dey cut my airtime.
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by christejames(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Uniosun is better in terms of geology, come to UNN and see sadist lecturers in that department. I pity most of those geology guys... BTW, the course is a five years course in UNN unlike Uniosun.
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by ANEMMA: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Prospective students and students of industrial relations and personnel management(IRPM), pls i wanna know the courses we are to take in 100lv and in subsequent levels. hope we ain't gonna do much maths, cus im a person with a strange phobia of mathematics.... course outline for 100lv will be helpful. Thanks
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by ajigiteri(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
This list is not complete without industrial chemistry. Just ask any uniosun student or graduate from indu-chem, about professor shoriyan, prof ojo and Dr owoyomi.
Op Wat level are u and Wat department.
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Geology for Uniosun still makes sense ooo. In OAU, d best students in Geology graduate wt 2:2. There was a year nobody graduated (2010)

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by tswagg007(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thank God say I no choose am 4 post utme,I nearly choose am e remain small
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by whizoooo: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by trilobite: 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
derespect:
Geology for Uniosun still makes sense ooo. In OAU, d best students in Geology graduate wt 2:2. There was a year nobody graduated (2010)

LOL. Seriously?. This is serious!!. Nobody graduated?. Haba!! LOL.

It's because most Nigerians are lazy. Students don't want to go beyond their handouts and lecturers have refused to upgrade their knowledge.

How can you garbage in garbage out and expect A's and B's in geology?.

Nigerian students should all learn to go beyond their handouts, browse articles, update the handout yourself with added sketches or equations.
You will be fine.
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Adesiji77: 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
Aminat508, eti e melo? cheesy
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Aminat508(f): 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
Adesiji77:
Aminat508, eti e melo? cheesy
Egbon mi. Etimi meeji cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Aminat508(f): 10:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
STEPHENBOI:

Physic/Electronics ; When you hear the word electronics, you will actually think their work is related to electrical/electronic. Na lie.. What they do their is pure physics, the course should rather be called pure and applied physics. Let's go back to the department. Physics is the fundamental study of matter and space and their interactions and evolution in time, while electronics is the application of this knowledge to meet human needs in science and technology. The first definition (definition of physics) is only what they study in this department. This department has produced a couple of first class students. They admit at least 50 students to this department every year and there has never been a year 20 students graduated from this department. The graduating set in 2014/2015 114 students made it to final year and just 13 graduated. This department is one of the toughest department in uniosun.

Microbiology: Microbiology is a laboratory-based science studying the micro-organisms which affect human, animal and plant health.. The reason this department is tough is their marking scheme and the way their lecturers invigilate in exam Hall. In this department if you are caught talking to your friend. You have to fill malpractice form not to talk of bring expo inside the hall. And the least penalty you can get from filling that form is suspension for 2 semsester..the department and the course is actually a very good one.. Buh the lecturers will make it difficult for you. When I was in 100level 90% of us failed BIO 101.. Anywhere you see a microbiology lecturer supervising you, then you should be careful.. This particular department has sent nothing less than 30 students out of uniosun..some students will say "I will rather carry the course willingly" than to allow a microbiology lecturers supervise me....BEWARE.

DISCLAIMER: All these courses above with points related to the article are purely nothing but my personal opinion. I purely have nothing against anybody. Any correction you find worthy should be dropped in the comment section of this particular post. Thank you.
Why u dey spoil our school nah.. ... cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by KingTom(m): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
So microbiology is more difficult than medicine and law? Well only in Osun undecided
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Cutehector(m): 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
KingTom:
So microbiology is more difficult than medicine and law? Well only in Osun undecided
lol dr students na olodo
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Kazrem(m): 11:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
Aminat508:
Why u dey spoil our school nah.. ... cheesy cheesy grin
Which course you dey do there?
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by KingTom(m): 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
Cutehector:
lol dr students na olodo
Maka gini? grin
Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by Adwexky(m): 9:15am On Nov 27, 2015
...Rep UNIOSUN Any Where, Any Time and Any Moment

GET CUSTOMIZED UNIOSUN FLASH DRIVE with Original 8GB chip to save and use your preferable documents, materials, musics, pictures, videos and much more on the GO...

FEATURES:
★Original 2.0 Hynix, Toshiba and SanDisk chip
★Writing speed of 4 - 6MB/S
★Reading speed of 8 - 15MB/S
★Nice Blue Silicone Shell + Imprint UNIOSUN LOGO.

》Mobile: 08107945291, 08114454090
》WhatsApp: +2348107945291
》BBM: 55D43DFA
》Email: simartng@gmail.com

》》》》》》》》》》》》 www.simartngr..com 《《《《《《《《《《《《

Re: Top 3 Courses You Shouldn't Study In Uniosun by mytym(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2016
derespect:

Exactly what happened in Lautech (2009). The best guy in Geology (Earth Sciences) made 2:2 and had to spill extra semester ... Nobody graduated that year in Geology.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Proverbs And Their Literal Meaning. / How To Retrieve JAMB Registration Number From 2004 - Till Date / Remedy For Lost Waec Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.