Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Why African Women Must Go Natural - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why African Women Must Go Natural (33451 Views)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / Gorgeous Big Booty East African Women / Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 03, 2015
Blossom023:

Correct boy.
*smile* let me met u too.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Candybob(m): 7:26am On Sep 03, 2015
buchi16:
dis piece is lengthy na...

so sm1 like me dat dnt hv good natural hair I hv no choice dan to add smtn..

You are missing the author,s message! There is no such thing as 'good' natural hair! Your hair is your hair! This society has defined goodness to me anythinh that approximate whiteness, so if your hair is not soft or close to soft like the white mans, then they term it bad!

4 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Candybob(m): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2015
cynthiaibeabuchi:
Natural hair rocks ...tho it isn't easy to maintain

But brazillian wig is easy to maintain abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2015
Candybob:

You are missing the author,s message! There is no such thing as 'good' natural hair! Your hair is your hair! This society has defined goodness to me anythinh that approximate whiteness, so if your hair is not soft or close to soft like the white mans, then they term it bad!

thank you.most of them can't read. they lack comprehensional abilities.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 03, 2015
akinsal:
Thsi literature long ooooooo shocked

Functional Illiterate, it because you dont read, u spend hours watching nollywood movies that reduce your iq. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 03, 2015
Ishilove:
Interesting. I actually agree with the article although I won't say I'm not guilty of some of 'sins' illustrated here. I stretch my hair with chemicals every three months, not because of inferiority complex but out of necessity. My hair is very thick and stubborn so it needs to be managed. Only a man will condemn relaxer use outrightly. angry

Asides that, yes, I agree with the hair fixing thingy. I haven't fixed a weave in three years and I have no intention of ever fixing ever again.

Well, we have the media to blame for the 'Whitification' of the black woman.

Dont blame the media, blame yourself for your functional illiteracy, you have the right to choose what you want to believe in the media.
Its just your insecurity that pushed u to do what you do, we need women who can stand up for their worth and not follow glamorized prostitutes who call themselves super models, or actresses.
African women today are no where near what they used to be a decade ago, they ve been reduced to brainless prostitutes. cheesy
Even mothers cant show their daughters the right way again as they sell their daughters for wrapper and powder.

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 03, 2015
kaeforum:

Functional Illiterate, it because you dont read, u spend hours watching nollywood movies that reduce your iq. cheesy
Jobless Illiterate. u think evrrybody has time to stare @ screens to read lenthy post. where is d position of been concise in making points?
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by bukster(f): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2015
Candybob:

But brazillian wig is easy to maintain abi?
Compared to natural hair it is. Maintaining natural hair can be very time consuming. Washing, detangling, styling etc can take hours and even whole weekend's and the styles do not last for very long.
Weave doesn't take that long to fix and you don't have to worry about it again for weeks. So Brazilian hair is much easier to maintain in comparison.
This is coming from someone who is transitioning to natural hair.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Favolly(f): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2015
Late to the parry as usual....

This hair matter isn’t that serious, really. I believe Africans have more important issues to channel their energy into.
This TeamNaturalHair campaign has been overflogged, as far as I’m concerned. Why is it so hard to understand that black hair has different textures. If relaxing my hair is going to make it more bearable for me, why cant I relax it without it seeming like I have committed a capital crime?

So fixing hair equals inferiority complex? Lmao!

Abeg, everyone should do whatever they want with their hair, let us live and let live!

Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with fixing weaves once in a while, even though I prefer braids. Variety is the spice of life.

OP should stop being an hypocrite, not every black female looks old in weaves. It’s really not that bad.

Na how to make make better money I dey reason right now, no be natural hair matter dey plague me.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Ishilove: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2015
kaeforum:

Dont blame the media, blame yourself for your functional illiteracy, you have the right to choose what you want to believe in the media.
Its just your insecurity that pushed u to do what you do, we need women who can stand up for their worth and not follow glamorized prostitutes who call themselves super models, or actresses.
African women today are no where near what they used to be a decade ago, they ve been reduced to brainless prostitutes. cheesy
Even mothers cant show their daughters the right way again as they sell their daughters for wrapper and powder.
So using relaxers for our hair makes means we are being influenced by 'glamorized prostitutes'? cheesy cheesy

Ignorance on all fours grin

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by haryomikun(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2015
DJ haywire is about burst your speakers again with the mixx master, DJ haywire. This is a mix of the latest 9ja music and is considerably smaller in megabytes size compared to the last edition mix....
Below is the tracklist

1.Krept and Konan ft. Jeremih x Wizkid x Davido x Ice Prince x Fuse ODG - Freak Of The Week
2.Wande_Coal_-_My_Favorite
3.Patoranking Ft. Wande Coal - My Woman, My Everything
4.Wizkid - Expensive Shit
5.Sheyman - Kokan Aye
6.Hennessy Ft 2face & Wizkid - DanceGo (Eau de vie)
7.DJ Xclusive Ft. Davido - Wo Le |
8.DJ Xclusive Ft. CDQ & Lil Kesh - Dami Si
9.Tekno - Anything
10.DAVIDO ft UHURU + DJ BUCKZ - THE SOUND
11.Uhuru ft Wizkid - Duze
12.MC Galaxy - Komolop Cholop
13.Runtown Ft Uhuru - The Banger
14.Jefak x Nedo ft. Stringz - Koko Below
15.Wande Coal Ashimapeyin
16.Vector - Shiga ft Tools
17.Daboy - Bolenbe_prod_by_Antras 18.Orezi - Shuperu Remix ft Davido
19.Reminisce - SKiLASHii
20.Omo Akin - Ijo Oloti Remix ft. Skales
21.Olamide - BOBO
22.Phyno X Olamide Ft Lil'Kesh - Ladi
23.Sexy Steel - SISI
24.Mo'Blow - Wiggle Ft. May D 25.LIL KESH FT Viktoh - Efejoku
26.Kiss Daniel - Laye
27.Timaya Some More
28.DJ Spinall ft. Timaya - Excuse Me
29.Terry G ft. Wizkid, Phyno & Runtown - Knack Am
30.Masterkraft ft. CDQ, Olamide & Davido - Indomie (Remix)
31.Lil Kesh - Gbese

This mix will get you dancing when you least expect it to and even give hustlers more inspiration when hustling *winks*
Click the download button and get ready to groove guys!

The download link is Datafilehost.com/d/dfd4bf61
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2015
akinsal:

Jobless Illiterate. u think evrrybody has time to stare @ screens to read lenthy post. where is d position of been concise in making points?

See where ur heading, now I know your case is hopeless, your a dysfunctional illiterate. cool They should have aborted you at birth.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2015
Ishilove:

So using relaxers for our hair makes means we are being influenced by 'glamorized prostitutes'? cheesy cheesy

Ignorance on all fours grin

Before relaxers came women used to know how to make their hair soft, dyu know that cow cheese does the same as your relaxer with zero hair loss.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Ishilove: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2015
kaeforum:

Before relaxers came women used to know how to make their hair soft, dyu know that cow cheese does the same as your relaxer with zero hair loss.
Yes I know. Cow cheese, hot fat and stuff like that was used, and it is even healthier, but you have to realise that times have changed and the technology at our disposal now was absent then.

I wouldn't mind the cow cheese precedure, if I knew where to get it done.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ishilove:

Yes I know. Cow cheese, hot fat and stuff like that was used, and it is even healthier, but you have to realise that times have changed and the technology at our disposal now was absent then.

I wouldn't mind the cow cheese precedure, if I knew where to get it done.

Oya pay 10k consultation fee.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by DarryOsh(m): 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Having read some comments here i felt hesitant about making a comment because it will be like casting pearls to swine. Nevertheless, fakeries such as weavon, wigs and perms are a result of self hate and inferiority complex. Many have tried to argue otherwise but deep down they know it's a fact. Listen, religion is the primary cause of this. Religion is not a mere belief system it's also a socio-cultural perspective. Yes, religion has severed and alienated us from our roots and until white supremacy is fully overstood every other thing you lot think you know will only confuse you.

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fulaman198(m): 4:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
I love the woman's hair in this video, she is beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf3jhcJOwjI
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
kaeforum:

See where ur heading, now I know your case is hopeless, your a dysfunctional illiterate. cool They should have aborted you at birth.
undecided
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by preciousMI1(f): 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
mignone:
soo beautiful sis. u're a striking natural beauty

thanks dear... I appreciate
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by MrBasketball: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
mifavour:

she's my sister...I mean same blood and she's not lying. she's been on her natural hair for like 2 years now. Don't say what u don't know!!!
The guy asked you simple question if she's your elder or younger sister you can't even answer... Nigerian girls with their thinking.

A white girl would have answered without hesitating.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
kaeforum:

grin grin grin

Its really Obvious u are a FOOL for making such statement.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
fayahsoul:
Having read some comments here i felt hesitant about making a comment because it will be like casting pearls to swine. Nevertheless, fakeries such as weavon, wigs and perms are a result of self hate and inferiority complex. Many have tried to argue otherwise but deep down they know it's a fact. Listen, religion is the primary cause of this. Religion is not a mere belief system it's also a socio-cultural perspective. Yes, religion has severed and alienated us from our roots and until white supremacy is fully overstood every other thing you lot think you know will only confuse you.

thank you bro. Religion is a very big problem in Africa.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
kaeforum:

and ur parents are suposed to av sold u for 1 kobo. nincompo
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by alphalpha(m): 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ishilove:
Interesting. I actually agree with the article although I won't say I'm not guilty of some of 'sins' illustrated here. I stretch my hair with chemicals every three months, not because of inferiority complex but out of necessity. My hair is very thick and stubborn so it needs to be managed. Only a man will condemn relaxer use outrightly. angry

Asides that, yes, I agree with the hair fixing thingy. I haven't fixed a weave in three years and I have no intention of ever fixing ever again.

Well, we have the media to blame for the 'Whitification' of the black woman.

did the media force black women to whitify at gun point?
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 3:09am On Sep 04, 2015
JuicyGee:
Op, u've still not answer the question, do u use tooth brush or chewing stick.. If u use toothbrush, u must be a hypocrite.
your post is ridiculously unreasonable.

What makes you think Chewing stick was the only thing africans used in cleaning their teeth?

For your information, most toothbrush are made from pig's hair which is something natural and a way of improving the cleanliness of our teeth. Toothbrush is thesame as sponge in a certain sense that they are used for cleaning ourselves. These things aren't used as an extension of ourselves like attachments and weaves. These attachments make us believe we are what we are not.

Does toothbrush make you believe you are not what you are?

I was expecting you to even make mention of toothpaste, but you didn't. Incase you had that in mind, just know that toothpaste are made from natural ingredients. Forget about the chemical composition listed on the cover, they are just a breakdown of these natural ingredients like palm oil, coconut oil, shea butter etc, thesame way food breaks down to calcium, glucose etc.

For those saying africans shouldn't shave their pubic hair if they want to go on natural hair, I guess ignorance is their problem. Shaving is done to reduce the hair for cleanliness. Shaving the hair on one's head to make it short or bald doesn't make you artificial but adding an attachment or weave makes you.

Th problem with today's african woman is laziness. They are not as strong as their mothers and ancestors. I read a post on this thread where some girl said she prefers artificial hair cos she can comb it withing 5mins while natural hair takes 20min. She says, with artificial hair, she can be assured of not going for lectures late. To her, she doesn't have the luxury of time but can sit in a salon for hours making and fixing artificial hair on her head. These ladies are just too lazy to find time to comb and care for their natural hair. They don't know that the more they care for it, the more it becomes soft and easy to manage. Such ladies are usually the unhygienic ones, cos how will you be able to care for your skin, teeth etc when you can't dedicate time for your hair?

This laziness is why majority on this thread are complaining that the write up is too lenghty.
They prefer to cover their garbage of hair under a weavon than care for it.

Just yesterday, I saw a lady by the roadside hitting her head with her hand. Why? Cos the artificial hair she has on is itchy. I've rocked punk for close to 5yrs now without any form of headache. Why can't our ladies do same?

Braided hair looks very fine on a guy e.g Rkelly. Though I don't support that for a guy, but fit it could look good on a guy, why not on a lady?

In the Rkelly picture below, you can find him getting his hair braided by a woman on artificial hair. A man is rocking what our woman suppose to be rocking cos they chose to become slaves to white woman's ways.

Natural hair rocks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 9:08am On Sep 04, 2015
juicee1:
your post is ridiculously unreasonable.

What makes you think Chewing stick was the only thing africans used in cleaning their teeth?

For your information, most toothbrush are made from pig's hair which is something natural and a way of improving the cleanliness of our teeth. Toothbrush is thesame as sponge in a certain sense that they are used for cleaning ourselves. These things aren't used as an extension of ourselves like attachments and weaves. These attachments make us believe we are what we are not.

Does toothbrush make you believe you are not what you are?

I was expecting you to even make mention of toothpaste, but you didn't. Incase you had that in mind, just know that toothpaste are made from natural ingredients. Forget about the chemical composition listed on the cover, they are just a breakdown of these natural ingredients like palm oil, coconut oil, shea butter etc, thesame way food breaks down to calcium, glucose etc.

For those saying africans shouldn't shave their pubic hair if they want to go on natural hair, I guess ignorance is their problem. Shaving is done to reduce the hair for cleanliness. Shaving the hair on one's head to make it short or bald doesn't make you artificial but adding an attachment or weave makes you.

Th problem with today's african woman is laziness. They are not as strong as their mothers and ancestors. I read a post on this thread where some girl said she prefers artificial hair cos she can comb it withing 5mins while natural hair takes 20min. She says, with artificial hair, she can be assured of not going for lectures late. To her, she doesn't have the luxury of time but can sit in a salon for hours making and fixing artificial hair on her head. These ladies are just too lazy to find time to comb and care for their natural hair. They don't know that the more they care for it, the more it becomes soft and easy to manage. Such ladies are usually the unhygienic ones, cos how will you be able to care for your skin, teeth etc when you can't dedicate time for your hair?

This laziness is why majority on this thread are complaining that the write up is too lenghty.
They prefer to cover their garbage of hair under a weavon than care for it.

Just yesterday, I saw a lady by the roadside hitting her head with her hand. Why? Cos the artificial hair she has on is itchy. I've rocked punk for close to 5yrs now without any form of headache. Why can't our ladies do same?

Braided hair looks very fine on a guy e.g Rkelly. Though I don't support that for a guy, but fit it could look good on a guy, why not on a lady?

In the Rkelly picture below, you can find him getting his hair braided by a woman on artificial hair. A man is rocking what our woman suppose to be rocking cos they chose to become slaves to white woman's ways.

Natural hair rocks.

man you just nailed it.

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by fayahsoul: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
Fabrepass:

thank you bro. Religion is a very big problem in Africa.
My nigga am just short of words. The level of ignorance being displayed here is outstanding. Imagine people saying whites invented soap, tooth paste, shaving stick, tooth brush and every other item in the market. They dont know that there was a time in europe when bathing was abhored. It was the black moors from west africa who changed their thinking. In fact there was a saying then that a moor might lack anything but not soap. They were obsessed with hygiene. I have said it before and i will say it again, most parents of today are not honourable becos they are the primary agents of socialization. They transmit their self-hate and inferority complex to posterity using religion as a vehicle. The fundamental tenets of religion are anti-african in all ramifications. This intergenerational madness can be traced all the way back to slavery and colonization.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
MrBasketball:

The guy asked you simple question if she's your elder or younger sister you can't even answer... Nigerian girls with their thinking.

A white girl would have answered without hesitating.

Why are you not white then? Hasn't there been a day your mother didn't answer your question? No offence tho but you guys are just full of filth.. What is your problem? Is it by the colour of the skin?

You complain about us carrying white man hair. Why are you using your phones? Devices? Technology? Electricity? Wasn't it Thomas Edison a white man who invented electricity? You're proud to be an African why are you using these things? Aren't you too suffering from inferiority complex? The facebook you use isn't it a white man's production? Twitter and the likes.

The thing is people grow... The braids, weavons came to make life easier and beautiful. That person that said a lady's hair was itching her because of the weave, guess what? My natural hair itches me too.

This is a topic that we can discuss as adults not to insult each other...please!!
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by MrBasketball: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Blossom023:

Why are you not white then? Hasn't there been a day your mother didn't answer your question? No offence tho but you guys are just full of filth.. What is your problem? Is it by the colour of the skin?

You complain about us carrying white man hair. Why are you using your phones? Devices? Technology? Electricity? Wasn't it Thomas Edison a white man who invented electricity? You're proud to be an African why are you using these things? Aren't you too suffering from inferiority complex?

The thing is people grow... The braids, weavons came to make life easier and beautiful. That person that said a lady's hair was itching her because of the weave, guess what? My natural hair itches me too.

This is a topic that we can discuss as adults not to insult each other...please!!

Did I insult you? No! I don't.

Seems you passed this message to the wrong person.

Well, you can't compare those things you mentioned to fashion... Like the electricity and co you mentioned.

I like seeing natural hair on ladies.

I am just too lazy to type these days... Babe don't be angry. grin

If your hair is itching you there are treatment for it.

BTW... How do you do?... If you like reply and if you hate ignore. cheesy
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
MrBasketball:

Did I insult you? No! I don't.

Seems you passed this message to the wrong person.

Well, you can't compare those things you mentioned to fashion... Like the electricity and co you mentioned.
I am just too lazy to type these days... Babe don't be angry. grin

If your hair is itching you there are treatment for it.

BTW... How do you do?... If you like reply and if you hate ignore. cheesy

I only defended my fellow lady cos your reply was rude. I can compare them, the same way people over use their phones,the same way people over use these weavons.. That is their own problem. Don't impose your believe on anyone please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently / A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Emir Sanusi's Kano Emirate Admits Spending N3.4 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.