Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs (15859 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Kimoni: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by krestup: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2015
Marketing Job is a great job for those that are good at it.. only 20% of marketer succeed, so if you are among the 20%.. you have the cake of the remain 80%
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by oluwanoni: 11:41am On Sep 03, 2015
@op....you don't know the difference between marketing and sales....all that you have defined is sales, its very much diff from marketing, please check your facts well.

I get to wonder why moderators allow in un - filtered information, I think there should be a correct analysis of the difference.. Cc@lalalastica

I have a thread that I opened a month a ago dropping correct information.
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by deen4real7902: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2015
Anybody interested in Marketing my services?, I have the experience and skills but lack merketing. My services are installation and maintenance of:

1. Fire alarm system
2. CCTV camera
3. Burglar Alarm system
4. Access door control system
5. Pepper spray Alarm system
6. Intercom system
7. Fire extinguishers
8. Inverter and ups system
9. Video door phone
10. Security surveilllance systems

You can contact me on , deen4real@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by hcsproperties: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2015
Are you looking for house in Lagos?
To BUY or RENT?
We have Flats/duplexes at these locations :
- V. Island
- Lekki
- Magodo
-Anthony
- Festac
- Maryland
-Ikeja and more
Contact us today for a Convenient, Affordable apartment.
Call: 08172045475 – Mr. Wright 07067821969 08172042898 – Mr Kosile
HCS GLOBAL PROPERTIES
http://facebook.com/hcsproperties ?

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by afolayan22(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
airsaylongcon:

This is one reason people hate marketing jobs. Why on earth will a job be restricted to "Females". In an IT company for that matter. Its glaring that they wanna use sex to move the ministry to the permanent site. Prostitution in disguise.
Gr8 write up dude,we marketers are pillar to every organisation that have mission,vission,goal to achieve.GREAT MARKETERS!
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
deen4real7902:
Anybody interested in Marketing my services?, I have the experience and skills but lack merketing. My services are installation and maintenance of:

1. Fire alarm system
2. CCTV camera
3. Burglar Alarm system
4. Access door control system
5. Pepper spray Alarm system
6. Intercom system
7. Fire extinguishers
8. Inverter and ups system
9. Video door phone
10. Security surveilllance systems

Write than your email contact here , so that I can copy it and send you message - I will expect you to send me soft copy of your service brochure . Sorry , I can't drop my email here , thus the reason why I ask for yours instead .
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Koolking(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nnaeb:

Marketing jobs are the bomb. It all depends on what you are selling and how you are selling it. Most people make marketing look tedious the way they do it. It is not all about activity and being busy. It is not all about hitting a road or an area without a plan and start harassing people from one office to another. No. Marketing is not all about dissipating energy unnecessarily and getting stressed out. I will share my own personal ideas on how to get the best out of marketing here soon. Forget about what you were taught in school for now about selling. There are unconventional ways to make this happen.

I don't like using the term "marketer". To me, its sound so restricted and unappreciated. I prefer "Sales man". Sales man has the best chance of rising to the position of CEO in no time in a company. It depends on your success story. Most company CEO's started as Sales men.

1 Like

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by MrWang: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
The only job you AFRICANS cheesy truly love is 419
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by eliteperfume(m): 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
" 3. Relationship: marketing jobs provides you with a platform of building a strong contact list. One mistake people make is that they think that marketing has been completed when you close a deal or make a sale. No. Even when somebody did not buy, establish a relationship. You might find the relationship handy someday."

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by deen4real7902: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Empero1:

Write than your email contact here , so that I can copy it and send you message - I will expect you to send me soft copy of your service brochure . Sorry , I can't drop my email here , thus the reason why I ask for yours instead .

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
make una give una sef brain, selling is a sub division of marketing.
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=deen4real7902 post=37629895]

All right . Remove your email .
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Chuksxyview(m): 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
I love marketing,the world is our market. Nice piece man,thanks and God bless.
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Obaf16(f): 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
airsaylongcon:

This is one reason people hate marketing jobs. Why on earth will a job be restricted to "Females". In an IT company for that matter. Its glaring that they wanna use sex to move the ministry to the permanent site. Prostitution in disguise.
Abi ooo
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by brainiac007: 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
MadCow1:
And when things get hard, you can easily turn into prostitution as your marketing skills will help you market yourself easily..

Thanks but I will rather be a vulcaniser than a marketer.

Whether you like it or not, everyone is in the business of selling, even a vulcanizer.
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by brainiac007: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
hayo:
Please stop confusing Marketing with Sales.
They are very different!

Most of the jobs touted as Marketing jobs in Nigeria are sales jobs. Marketing is much more than going to beg someone to buy something from you. It is actually the science of knowing customer needs, developing products that the markets will respond to and churning out strategy for positioning products and services in the minds of consumers. That is my own simple explanation of Marketing. You can google for more comprehensive definitions.

Comon...cut the guy some slack. We all know what he means and besides, 'marketing' is what the job is popularly called whether sales or not.

An intelligent salesperson is also involved in all those fancy activities you mentioned above, otherwise, how else is he to succeed in his pursuits?Successful Selling is not a blind activity. It involves planning and strategy.

1 Like

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by brainiac007: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
hayo:
Please stop confusing Marketing with Sales.
They are very different!

Most of the jobs touted as Marketing jobs in Nigeria are sales jobs. Marketing is much more than going to beg someone to buy something from you. It is actually the science of knowing customer needs, developing products that the markets will respond to and churning out strategy for positioning products and services in the minds of consumers. That is my own simple explanation of Marketing. You can google for more comprehensive definitions.

Comon...cut. The guy some slack. We all know what he means and besides, 'marketing' is what the job is popularly called whether sales or not.

An intelligent salesperson is also involved in all those fancy activities you mentioned above, otherwise, how else is he to succeed in his pursuits?Successful Selling is not a blind activity. It involves planning and careful strategy

1 Like

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by brainiac007: 11:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
bukatyne:

In a number of firms, I think they are the same.

I agree, especially here in Nigeria.
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by MWorkers(m): 3:50am On Sep 04, 2015
When you understand the vital differences between selling and marketing, and therefore stop selling and start HELPING sincerely, marketing will not only be FUN but a veritable avenue to financial freedom of smart millionaires! This is why network marketing in particular has groomed more millionaires than any other profession in modern age of today, even in Nigeria here.
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by donpy(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2015
Never before has Mankind ever witnessed an article like this on network marketing lets be frank with ourselves with this fact, please if you dont think any of this 2points are right, you can ignore dis article and stop reading it.
1. For every person who joins a network marketing company and doesnt earn the for told incentives and commissions during the seminar or business presentation the individual would become a Negative to the industry(note:not the company).

2. If you join a company, you brought in a few persons to your team(e.g. 20pple). If anything goes wrong with the company in the future and you moved to another company to start up again, you cannot go back to those 20pple and they would all listen to you and join you. WHY? Because they have lost trust in you.

Anyone coming to see your presentation or seminar is basically because you have built trust between each other.
With this two points cleared out you would agree with me that the network marketing company you join can either make you or break you. This inspired me to embark on this article because i found out that when you attend Organo gold's business presentation for instance, then go and attend that of Helping hands they would tell you that "organo golds member are all here now in helping hand", if you move on to Vemma you would hear "Helping hands memebers are now here in vemma". Same thing if you get to Foreva living, Trevo, Oriflame, Edmark etc... This means that Nigerians do not know the indepth part of each companies compensation plan before joining. All they know is bring this and this and they push you up and Gbam!!! You are made for life.
I tell people that greatness doesnt just come, its little right things worked on over time.

In this article you would see what you where not told in the seminar presentation of that company. In another article i would talk about the product of each of this network marketing companies.....

Continue reading
http://bestmlmnigeria..com.ng/2015/09/comparative-illustration-on-mlm-network.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advice If I Should Go For Cisco Certification / Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident / Free Cybersecurity Course Worth N240,000 offered by ICSI UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.