Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! (32482 Views)

A Nairalander-Precious Adeho is Contesting for Shell-livewire Top 10 Biz. Inovat / Panama Papers: Wale Tinubu Operated 12 Shell Companies In Tax Havens / Panama Papers: Dangote And Sayyu Dantata Linked To Shell Companies In Tax Havens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 4:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Yes I am. Not doing sooooooo well, of cos what you have in your biz plan changes with reality but it gave me the courage and guidance to startup my biz. I currently employ 2 people and by the end of this year, I should do some expansion
ethene:

So where are u nw? Are u an employer of labour?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
iguita:
Yes I am. Not doing sooooooo well, of cos what you have in your biz plan changes with reality but it gave me the courage and guidance to startup my biz. I currently employ 2 people and by the end of this year, I should do some expansion
Good to hear from u. Thanks a lot
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by Aysteel01: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2015
iguita:
We got 750k to start or expand our businesses. It came in 2 tranches, first 500k and then 250k. They also have an incubator on the island. Our set will end this October since we start last year (incubation is for a year). There are bigger peeks after the one year, like 3k pounds, sponsorship to a training in UK etc but not everyone gets that.
pls how long did it take for d results to be out? Also how long does it take after d training b4 they'll start disbursement of funds?...
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
They are very fast.
The shortlisted names will come out 2 weeks after applications close. and they will invite you for interview that same week. If interview holds between friday and saturday, you will get feedback y saturday evening and by monday you will start training. Lifewire is very innovative, no matter how crazy your idea is, as long as it is achievable and scalable, you will be selected. After the training, the final list will be out. It took a while for them to release funds to us this year because of the oil price drop, internal budget issues blah blah blah but its Shell, they will give you the money if selected. They will also follow you up, give you further training and you have a further opportunity to be trained in your business in the UK after a year of running your business. Our batch will end in October
Aysteel01:

pls how long did it take for d results to be out? Also how long does it take after d training b4 they'll start disbursement of funds?...
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by Aysteel01: 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
iguita:
They are very fast.
The shortlisted names will come out 2 weeks after applications close. and they will invite you for interview that same week. If interview holds between friday and saturday, you will get feedback y saturday evening and by monday you will start training. Lifewire is very innovative, no matter how crazy your idea is, as long as it is achievable and scalable, you will be selected. After the training, the final list will be out. It took a while for them to release funds to us this year because of the oil price drop, internal budget issues blah blah blah but its Shell, they will give you the money if selected. They will also follow you up, give you further training and you have a further opportunity to be trained in your business in the UK after a year of running your business. Our batch will end in October
Thanks a lot for replying...I'm being optimistic that I'll b selected.... if so, I want to know if I can come to d interview with a bit less of d requirements..cos I don't think I can get the local government identification letter on time. will I b allowed access to d interview?

1 Like

Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by ikanason(m): 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
Pls I don't have any existing business can I still apply? If yes what will I fill on the space for CAC digits
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 12:14am On Sep 13, 2015
From the Lagos batch, they just need proof. For instance, I know of someone who came from Taraba and claimed lagos and was allowed to be interviewed, he even got to the training stage before he was cut off. So try to get the letter, if you can't, try to get other proof that you are from the region. I am sure they will allow you. They are very considerate and all they want is to support innovation.
Aysteel01:

Thanks a lot for replying...I'm being optimistic that I'll b selected.... if so, I want to know if I can come to d interview with a bit less of d requirements..cos I don't think I can get the local government identification letter on time. will I b allowed access to d interview?

1 Like

Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by ikanason(m): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2015
ikanason:
Pls I don't have any existing business can I still apply? If yes what will I fill on the space for CAC digits

Someone should pls help me out pls
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by ideology(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
ikanason:

Someone should pls help me out pls
Yes, you can as long as you qualify, but Ensure you develop a business proposal as soon as possible, 2weeks from now, interviews and screening will begin
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by ideology(m): 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
N750, 000. 00 is the grant to be received by every successful applicant, receive grace and favour, amen
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by Aysteel01: 7:15am On Sep 15, 2015
iguita:
pls what kind of questions would b asked during d interview?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
Questions to acertain that you understand your business. And believe me, they understand business processes
Aysteel01:

pls what kind of questions would b asked during d interview?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hahaha, afi federal character. Just to explain. THere are 3 types of LifeWire in Nigeria, There is Shell LifeWire Ogoni, strictly for Ogoni people, there is Shell LifeWire Niger Delta, which is what is on now and then there is SNEPCO LifeWire National which was what I benefited from.
cbay:
This is a northern agenda. Buhari wants to divide naija with partialism. How come only 3 states out of 36… where is federal character? This is unacceptable. I must wail oo grin grin grin

Na joke I dey oo.
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by tonzo(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2015
Nice one @iguita how long does the training last and can someone skip a day or two during the training
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
The training lasts for two weeks. You are not allowed to skip any of them but if you can arrange yourself well, it would not matter. The training is designed as a reality TV show. They will be heavy video shooting, you will speak to the cameras etc
tonzo:
Nice one @iguita how long does the training last and can someone skip a day or two during the training
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by Aysteel01: 8:58am On Sep 18, 2015
iguita:
The training lasts for two weeks. You are not allowed to skip any of them but if you can arrange yourself well, it would not matter. The training is designed as a reality TV show. They will be heavy video shooting, you will speak to the cameras etc
what if the cost of establishing one's business is up to 2million niara, will they rule out d plan....since they only give 750k?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2015
iguita:
Yepa! Rality tv show and heavy camera presence? Me no de like that kind thing o may be I will back out
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
Don't worry, its just for records purposes, not like they will show it in NTA or STV or any other TV station
ethene:

Yepa! Rality tv show and heavy camera presence? Me no de like that kind thing o may be I will back out
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
They will ask if you can make do with 750k and if you can raise additional funds, of course the answer should be yes. So this should not disqualify you. They could also ask if you can scale down the biz and start small. Those were what they asked me.
Aysteel01:

what if the cost of establishing one's business is up to 2million niara, will they rule out d plan....since they only give 750k?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by Aysteel01: 6:48am On Sep 21, 2015
iguita:
They will ask if you can make do with 750k and if you can raise additional funds, of course the answer should be yes. So this should not disqualify you. They could also ask if you can scale down the biz and start small. Those were what they asked me.
can d proposed business b established in states like Ibadan?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2015
For the Nationals, Yes but for now, they are doing regional (Niger-Delta)
Aysteel01:

can d proposed business b established in states like Ibadan?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by akp202(m): 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
pls has anyone received invite....there was a thread were a guy was asking about d authenticity of d sms invite sent to him .....below is d link. https://www.nairaland.com/2620058/shell-livewire-interview-text-message
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by akp202(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
ideology:
N750, 000. 00 is the grant to be received by every successful applicant, receive grace and favour, amen
does it take this long before they invite people for interview?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by ideology(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
akp202:

The information I have says 2weeks, but it could be reviewed depending on other circumstances
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 01, 2015
akp202:
But u posted that some one said he received invite so how come u are still awaiting invite? Don't u think if by now u have not received urs simply means u were not selected? that is if truly some one received invite (though I checked with the link u provided). But with this ur question am beginning to suspect ur previous post (about the invite) it could just be that u were the person that posted it using another moniker in a bid to being mischievous, what do u think?
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by tonzo(m): 7:15am On Oct 01, 2015
A reliable source should help us confirm if they have called@iguita
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by akp202(m): 4:15am On Oct 02, 2015
ethene:

But u posted that some one said he received invite so how come u are still awaiting invite? Don't u think if by now u have not received urs simply means u were not selected? that is if truly some one received invite (though I checked with the link u provided). But with this ur question am beginning to suspect ur previous post (about the invite) it could just be that u were the person that posted it using another moniker in a bid to being mischievous, what do u think?
sometimes people can be really funny, on what ground would u perceive my attempt to seek for clarity as a scam?if u had followed d link n read it judiciously u would have discovered d op of that post was having some element of doubt.i applied as well and am just trying to clarify if others received the invite also and that was d reason i asked d question.
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
I can't speak about selection. I was with some of the officials last week and they refuse to devolve any information to me. They try to make the selection as fair as possible, so only the participants can answer if the have called them or not.
tonzo:
A reliable source should help us confirm if they have called@iguita
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by tonzo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
Thanks iguita .let's know the latest info pls
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by iguita: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Id be glad to share. Though at this stage, I doubt if there is anything new that I can share. Latest I know is that the consultants are working on shortlisting the successful ones. Watchout
tonzo:
Thanks iguita .let's know the latest info pls
Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by tonzo(m): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2015
Good job iguita

1 Like

Re: Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! by akp202(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
no news yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over / MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry / Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.