Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo (711 Views)

"One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri / FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months / APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by chesterlee(m): 8:19am On Sep 03, 2015
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo disclosed
yesterday that the promised one-meal-a
day for all primary school pupils will in
addition to creating jobs in the agriculture
sector, attract investment of N980 billion.
He listed the areas to include poultry,
catering and delivery services.
The one-meal-a-day for primary school
students across the country was part of the
campaign promises of President
Muhammadu Buhari.
Osinbajo made the disclosure at the
ongoing 45th Annual Accounting Conference
of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of
Nigeria (ICAN), in Abuja, on the topic
“Repositioning Nigeria for Sustainable
Development: From Rhetoric to
Performance.”
According to the Vice President, the
multiplier effects of the introduction of the
scheme include, 1.14 new jobs; increased
food production – up to 530,000 mt/a;
attracting investors by investment up to
N980 billion.
This is even as he has stated that growth
figures recorded in the last three
administrations of the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) though rising oil prices, GDP
and foreign reserves did not put a dent to
poverty or unemployment levels in the
country.

Source: www.sunnewsonline.com/new/one-meal-a-day-programme-for-schools-to-attract-n980bn-investment-osinbajo/
Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:19am On Sep 03, 2015
I am cumin! Still Reading...
Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by chesterlee(m): 8:21am On Sep 03, 2015
Osinbajo has confirmed it!

Lai Mohammed how market?
cc Lalasticlala
Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by benedictnsi(m): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2015
I thought they denied it yesterday
Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by kodded(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2015
benedictnsi:
I thought they denied it yesterday
this is apc for you, they will say one thing today and deny it tommorow

soon buhari will come out and say that osunbande is not his mouth piece
Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by hinwazaka: 8:34am On Sep 03, 2015
This VPhouseboy, will put his lord and master in trouble. While his boss is warning of impending economic decline, he on the other hand is promising boom and prosperity. Talk, about a lack of synergy in the executive.
Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by benedictnsi(m): 8:35am On Sep 03, 2015
kodded:
this is apc for you, they will say one thing today and deny it tommorow

soon buhari will come out and say that osunbande is not his mouth piece

Lol grin
Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by merry02(m): 8:38am On Sep 03, 2015
Mr pastor u just dey goof day by day....how on earth would FG spend 100b on everyday meal when Nigeria economy is porous and deraying day by day? This is not achievable pls.......stop playing politics after election
Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by texazzpete(m): 8:46am On Sep 03, 2015
merry02:
Mr pastor u just dey goof day by day....how on earth would FG spend 100b on everyday meal when Nigeria economy is porous and deraying day by day? This is not achievable pls.......stop playing politics after election

But you had no issue with much more being paid to ex-militants, you had no issue with hundreds of billions being openly looted in the last administration. No issues with the presidential decision to whitewash all petitions against the NNPC. No issues with the white elephant contracts like clean cook stove etc.

You wailers are little better than traitors in my book.

It'll be a long 4 years for you...I expect you to progress from mere wailing to weeping and gnashing of teeth.

2 Likes

Re: One-meal-a Day Programme For Schools To Attract N980bn Investment – Osinbajo by merry02(m): 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
texazzpete:

But you had no issue with much more being paid to ex-militants, you had no issue with hundreds of billions being openly looted in the last administration. No issues with the presidential decision to whitewash all petitions against the NNPC. No issues with the white elephant contracts like clean cook stove etc.

You wailers are little better than traitors in my book.

It'll be a long 4 years for you...I expect you to progress from mere wailing to weeping and gnashing of teeth
time ll tell....there is a way of doing things that ll be reasonable to all and sundary....what if salary allowance of workers is increased? What about increasing workers wages? Would a square meal be enough for a day?let them invest the money in a ways that ll be cut across .how about 5k for every 25m youths? I believe fed government can invest the money on vocational skills that ll create more employment for more than 25m youth..

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Vying To Rule Spain / Photos: Man Accused Of Raping And Murdering A 15yr Old Boy Stoned And Burnt By M / Mama H.I.D Awolowo Ti Lo Sun Ninu Oluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.