Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Can You Report This? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can You Report This? (673 Views)

Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? / Anybody With EFCC Number, I Want To Report This Crime (photo) / Please Where And How Can I Report This Child Abuse Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Report This? by lurlah2014(f): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2015
My question is,

if your mother,father, brother,sister, etc meaning somebody so dear to your heart commit a sin that is unforgivable eg RAPE, MURDER, ETC and

you happen to be the only witness to that scene will you report her to the authority for PERSECUTION?
Re: Can You Report This? by christinie(f): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2015
As a Public Prosecutor I have noticed that most people who report their relatives for crimes committed usually wanna back out later and sometimes it is too late for them to do so.
I pray none of my relatives gets involved in crime.
lurlah2014:
My question is,

if your mother,father, brother,sister, etc meaning somebody so dear to your heart commit a sin that is unforgivable eg RAPE, MURDER, ETC and

you happen to be the only witness to that scene will you report her to the authority for PERSECUTION?
Re: Can You Report This? by andyanders: 9:06am On Sep 03, 2015
christinie:
As a Public Prosecutor I have noticed that most people who report their relatives for crimes committed usually wanna back out later and sometimes it is too late for them to do so.
I pray none of my relatives gets involved in crime.

Too, as a legal practitioner you are, it is equally right for you to arrest your mother first in any scene of a crime.

That is the advise/training/instruction given to any law enforcement officer in the US.
Re: Can You Report This? by BCISLTD: 9:22am On Sep 03, 2015
angry
Re: Can You Report This? by lurlah2014(f): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2015
@ andyanders and christinie lets be realistic, set aside your profession, can you report such case
Re: Can You Report This? by christinie(f): 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
I am supposed to but I don't know if I can or not. I pray that none of my relatives gets involved with criminal activities.
lurlah2014:
@ andyanders and christinie lets be realistic, set aside your profession, can you report such case
Re: Can You Report This? by christinie(f): 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Easier said than done. My prayer is that such a situation never arises.
andyanders:

Too, as a legal practitioner you are, it is equally right for you to arrest your mother first in any scene of a crime.

That is the advise/training/instruction given to any law enforcement officer in the US.

(1) (Reply)

Robbery In Progress At Festac Town Lagos State / Nnamidi Kanu Leader Of IPOB Arrested / Burst Of Gun And Suicide Attacks In Paris. Hundreds Killed. (Images).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.